• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern r o s e s a n c t o r i u m ¬ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

49021405286_96396f88b5_m.jpg
Acantha Mujo

Aspiring Geneticist - Telekinetic - Sociopath

"Knowledge is gained through systematic investigation."

a
With: [Ibuki]
Mood: [Excited]

"I don't know what to tell you," the boy said in response to her dismay, walking away from her. She couldn't quite tell if it was because of a lack of concern, of annoyance directed at her or, she suspected, of something else that was related to him. Her curiosity was perfunctory and fleeting, however, as the problem of her abilities seemed far more pressing to her (and not just because they needed a way into these vehicles). As the boy went and stood by the other car, Acantha turned back and focused on hers once more, willing the mechanism to move.

To her surprise, and with great relief and more concentration and force of will than it should have required of her, she finally did hear the click indicating that the alarm had been shut down. Both surprised and elated at her success, she proceeded to use her ability to unlock the car doors, relieved at its return. She then walked over to the second car to do the same there but, to her utter consternation, she found herself once more unable to do so. A suspicion suddenly coming upon her, she looked at the boy, then at the car, then back again.

"Would you mind taking a few steps back?" she requested. "I'd like to test a hypothesis."

She waited for him to move away from her, eagerly anticipating the results.

OOC: Hehehe...

He looked over at the girl who decided to address him again, letting out a displeased grunt that she wouldn't leave him alone. "What am I? Your next science experiment?" He asked rhetorically and moved back over to the first car despite his desire to not comply if only to be difficult. Did she disable the alarm on this one? She had. Taking advantage of that, Ibuki opened the unlocked car door and slid into the driver's seat, hotwiring the car within a few minutes. The engine rumbled to life and a small smirk appeared on his face; deviant activities had always offered him a strange sense of satisfaction.

The male looked back at the house, idly wondering when Eira was going to show up. He would just wait for her to get in and go, though she'd probably insist on taking on a few more passengers to help facilitate the group migration to the circus. Ibuki let out a groan at the idea of obnoxious chatter filling the car interior and turned on the car radio, switching to a channel that was playing some classical rock music. Hopefully, music would drown out the worst of it.

Last edited:

Acantha Mujo

a
With: [No one yet]
Mood: [Intrigued]

The boy looked over at her and actually grunted- Acantha's expression remained neutral as always. "What am I? Your next science experiment?" he demanded.

"Understanding cannot be attained without experimentation," she responded flatly, oblivious to the rhetorical nature of his question.

He walked back to the other car, climbed in and, within a minute had the engine started and the radio blasting. Acantha, meanwhile, turned back to the vehicle in front of her, concentrating. As with the previous one, it took more effort than it should have, but she was able to turn off the alarm. She then used her power to start the engine on that one as well and left it idling before turning and heading back into the house.

"The cars are ready," she announced as she entered. "He can fit in the backseat," she indicated with a nod in Jordan's direction. She then proceeded to ignore the others and methodically collect the men's weapons before heading back out and placing them in the trunk of the car. She settled herself in the passenger seat and prepared to wait while pondering what she had just discovered.

So, he can cancel abilities, she thought to herself. How far does the radius extend? What mechanism is he employing? Can it be replicated? What happens upon physical contact? How- She continued to wonder and analyze suchly until the others joined them and they were on their way.

OOC: Eureka! ;P

Sarah had waited patiently for the others to make up some sort of plan of getting to the circus, when that was finished she smiled a little, finally they could get out of this disaster of a party! The next thing she knew was that there was a girl crashing out of a closet. Sarah stared for a few seconds, her devious side kicking in- alas she was too tired to make any comments about coming out of the closet. Though that was one really annoying thing about being mute. YOU CAN'T MAKE WITTY JOKES OR COMEBACKS. The unfairness of it all made her huff. It was then that she had noticed the DNA girl and someone she didn't know hot wiring two cars in the drive. Apparently she had been too busy ranting in her mind to be paying attention to what was going on around her... Oh welp!

The cars are ready," DNA girl announced. "He can fit in the backseat," and just like that Sarah began moving. She walked up to the man who was floating in mid air, grabbed hold of muscles that would make most girls swoon, yet she supposed that him being a complete bloody mess would turn them off as well. She pulled him through the air with relative ease and with her not really having much strength at the moment, it was a blessing.

She was able to place him in the car. Now it was time to tie the boy wonder down, 'don't want him flying around, he can't even wear his seatbelt!' Sarah proceeded to some how secure him in relative safety by actually tying him down with the SEATBELT. Well there she goes proving her own self wrong! 'Ten points me!'

She then jumped in the drivers seat next to miss Science and gave her a grin before signing, "think you could help a cute mute out? I can't scream at them to get a move on! We don't have a lot of time and we should leave ASAP."

Devin Waters
Devin almost smiled at Zeke's remarks. The man had a bullet wound -was maybe bleeding out- and he was still focused on his bike. Apparently he was the literal embodiment of the old 'ride or die' mantra. It might have drawn more of a reaction if they all weren't in dire straits. Even though not many were too hurt physically, emotionally seemed to be a whole different story.
"Devin, can you help me with him?"
"Yeah, just a sec." Devin spoke, already moving towards his friend and their bloodied acquaintance. "Alright Uriel, I hope this doesn't hurt." He slipped his own arm underneath Uriel's right, looking towards Nat as he did so and waiting for the other boy to get in position. "On 3. You ready?" At Nat's nodded, Devin began the count. "1, 2, 3!"
They lifted Uriel in sync, waiting a moment as they each regained their balance before moving. Devin guided them all further away from Jordan's house. He hadn't exactly arrived on time, and parking at a party like this was basically a game of chicken with how close cars were parked to one another. It hadn't bothered him initially, but listening to Uriel's groans and feeling his occasional winces made Devin feel guilty.
When they made it to his car, an early 2000s Toyota Camry, Devin couldn't open the door fast enough. "Ah, umm." Devin looked to Uriel's leg and then back at the backseat. "Here," He had Uriel sit on the edge of the seat as Devin pulled off his jacket and loosely wrapped it around Uriel's already bandaged leg. It probably wouldn't stop the Uriel's blood from meeting his seat, but it would at least stop it from looking like some sort of crime scene. "That should be good enough. A little bloodstain might not be a bad thing, right?" He joked. "Maybe someone will see it and think I'm some sort of mysterious bad boy." At a look from Nat, Devin added, "Or creepy. But we should really be optimistic about these sort of things, you know."
Devin shut the door for Uriel and then motioned for Nat to take his place in the passenger's seat. "It's been a crazy night, huh?"
Then Devin moved around the car and took his own spot behind the steering wheel, fumbling the keys a bit -his fingers were shaking from the adrenaline still pumping through him and the anxiety that remained where the endorphins weren't enough. "I- I guess we'll just follow Bai." Devin turned the keys, finally having found the ignition, and watched in the mirror for Bai's car to pull out.

DgfzfHn.png

dmI1Kg1.png

█▀▄ With: Devin, Nat █▀▄ Where: Jordan's Place █▀▄ Wearing: Party Clothes

Dropping his head against the wall, all Uriel wanted to do was cry as Sarah poured the alcohol on his leg. What he didn't realize is that he did cry, involuntarily but he knew if she didn't an infection was possible. She gave a apologetic smile, he gave back a sad whimper. It wasn't a moment later another shot ran, Uriel was thankful he went to the bathroom after he stopped drinking. He would of pissed himself, fear took over Bai picked up the gun she dropped. 'I want to go home... I want to go home! But I can't bleeding the way I am and the Sanctorium sending goons after me...'

Breathing deeply, the group made plans on how to get to the circus. Zeke being the most injured need to be moved fast, Devin offered up his car looking to him for confirmation. "But I was starting to enjoy sitting in a pool of my our blood... I'm soo sorry, I make inappropriate jokes when I am stressed out. I am completely fine with that, please and thank you..." He had taken now to pull his jacket off the floor and hugging it. Mainly as he felt the blood to seep into up his pant leg. He kept his eyes shut in gritted pain, when Devin and from what he could tell was Nathaniel were coming around to lift him. "Oh I bet this is going to hurt no whatever you do..." Pulling the hood of his jacket into his mouth, Uriel bite down waiting for the jolt of movement. Counting down he held his breath on 3, screaming once he was on his feet. "F*** ME! ARGH!"

Walk the to the car will be etched in Uriel's memory, each step was agony tears rolling down his face. Whispering to himself, Uriel commented on his state. "Hey girls... Aren't I handsome? Actually this is pretty bad-ass isn't?" That thought gave him some renewed vigor, as he hopped on one foot to Devin's car. They put him into car, the next few moment started to blur as the pain was starting to get to him. Looking at the two boys, Uriel asked. "Do you have any booze? No... That would make things worst... Ohh, I finally using the AP Bio... Mrhh... I can't feel my leg anymore... Ahhh, I think I am going to pass out. Thank you for your service, solider...!" The last part came out slurred and hard, as his body finally pushed itself into a state of bodily shock. Uriel blinked as the car roared to life, clutching his jacket passed out entirety.

49020882983_69c975c5f3_m.jpg
Eira Anika Shirin

Older Sister - Cryokinetic - Demoiselle

"Approach others with kindness and an open heart."

a
With: [Ibuki, Casey]
Mood: [Worried]

The injured guy's friend gingerly put down the gun after accidentally setting it off, and volunteered her vehicle. The goth guy's friend did the same, which made it two cars. And the new arrival volunteered information about Jordan having cars parked outside- which was great, assuming they could find the keys.

The strange girl with the pale purple hair picked up a gun, and then wordlessly began to rifle through the unconscious men's pockets. Eira was rather horrified, but what this girl was doing clearly wasn't the priority at that moment. At that point, the injured guy fairly demanded that someone drive his motorcycle, or else he would simply stay there. Eira wanted to groan or roll her eyes- did he not have a sense of priorities?

Another girl, who looked like she had no place on the back of a motorcycle- let alone driving one-, volunteered to do so, and then she, the injured guy, and his friend left the house to get to the vehicles. They were followed by Eira's helper, who left the house after them in typical silence. Eira shivered more intensely.

The strange girl, apparently done rifling through the men's belongings, followed him out. However, a few moments later, they heard car engines starting, and she came back in to announce that the cars were ready to go. Eira wondered how they had managed to get them started without using a key or setting off an alarm.

The girl from the circus, at these words, followed the strange girl (who had, for some reason, grabbed all the men's weapons) out, pushing Jordan and his strange cocoon. The goth guy and his friend, carrying Uriel between them, followed suit.

This left only Eira and the girl she was supporting inside the house. Eira took one last, nervous look around, then began walking towards the door as well, suddenly afraid that the others would leave without them. The cold had taken ahold of her like a vice now, and she was only able to stop her teeth from chattering by gritting them hard against it.

She made it as far as the threshold before the girl suddenly stumbled, crying out as if in pain and holding onto her to keep herself upright. Eira peered at her in concern, wondering if she had an injury they didn't know about.

Casey was terrified. Guns and unconscious men and superpowers and who knew what else. She was tired, and drunk, and in shock. She held onto the girl for comfort as much as for balance as they awkwardly limped towards the doorway. When they reached the threshold, passing by one of the unconscious men, she had a sudden psychic flash, accompanied by a lancing bolt of pain.

She saw what appeared to be an underground lab. There was a lot of concrete, no windows, plastic sheets separating various sections of the room. A cluster of doctors was gathered around an operating table, on which was lying a girl. A most familiar girl: Lana.

Casey saw that Lana was unconscious, and tied down to the table with leather straps. She watched in horror as one of the doctors injected her with something. Lana's eyes flew open, and she began to scream- a long, drawn out, tortured sound. She thrashed violently on the table, barely held down by the restraints, the various machines monitoring her vitals beeping erratically.

The doctors watched her with cold, unfeeling detachment, some making occasional notes on clipboards. The beeping became more and more high-pitched until suddenly it dropped to a low tone, the monitor flatlining. Lana's body ceased to move, her eyes still wide open in terror as the doctors inspected her and discussed among themselves. One of them sighed, apparently crossing her name off a list.

"Another failure..." he said in disappointment.

When Casey came to, she was lying in the backseat of a car. She could feel the rumbling of the engine and see the flash of streetlights passing over her- they were headed to the circus. She lay back, a dull pounding in her skull, the images of what she had just seen flashing through her mind as if on a reel.

The table, Lana, the injection, the screams, the monitor flatlining, ...

Casey let out a strangled sob, turning into the seat and curling up in a ball, pressing her hands to her head in a futile attempt to push the images out, gritting her teeth against the pain and tears streaming down her cheeks.

The girl seemed to have lost either the will or the ability to move on her own, and Eira could barely support her weight as she ceased to stand upright. Her eyes were a glassy, unseeing stare, fixed in horror upon something Eira could not see. Managing to drag her as far as the house's front patio, she sank down with the girl at her side, trembling violently.

"Help!" she called, not knowing what else to do.

Pretty soon after, she felt a familiar rush of warmth, followed by the sound of footsteps as the boy who had been helping her showed up, customary disdain etched on his face.

"Ugh, can you do nothing without me?" he asked in an aggravated tone, nevertheless stooping down to take the girl's weight from Eira's shoulders. She followed him back to an idling car, where he placed the girl in the backseat before climbing in front.

Eira got up in the passenger seat next to him, relieved by the warmth.

"Thank you," she said sincerely. The boy merely grunted.

"So, any idea where this circus is, anyway?" he enquired gruffly. Eira frowned- she had no idea.

"No... I guess we just... follow the others there?"

The boy nodded again, getting the car into gear; she noticed there was no key in the ignition, and wondered if he had hotwired it. She tried not to think about it- after all, this was an emergency, and having mysterious men after them with guns definitely trumped stealing cars. Besides, these were Jordan's cars, and he was, though unconscious, still with them. She had a hard time picturing him getting mad at them over it, under the circumstances.

As the others drove away into the night, Eira couldn't help but wonder- what was going to happen to them now?

OOC: So traumatic ^^"

-- TIMESKIP TO THE CIRCUS --
It is now late the following morning, and everyone is down at breakfast together.​

Last edited:
Sarah had woken up early this morning.

They had arrived pretty late in the night and she was able to get everyone situated, but, after the crazy events following the night before? Well, she kind of needed something, to release all the pent up energy she had gathered. Which is why she was wearing some of her workout gear, stretching her muscles in the main tent, at a god forsaken hour of five thirty in the morning. She was doing some of her daily routine warmups, donned in a shirt that had seen better days with a sports bra underneath and a comfy pair of sweatpants, she planned on going for some basic sets today. They had a show going on tonight- she needed to be ready!

Being here reminded her of the night before, a smile playing across her lips, as she thought about the tour she had given to the girl she had met last night. She was an oddity that one! A very amusing individual indeed. She had explained to her the reasoning for the lack of a net, after showing her the rest of the circus before, and was glad that she understood the logic behind the why.

She made to move towards the rope that she usually used for practice, a feeling of nervous excitement explodes within her stomach, it was soon that she would be in the air and everything else would just fade away. Just before she reached it though a man stepped in front of her, blocking her view, and when she looked up into his face she saw that it was her father, Jackson "Jack" Davis. He was dressed much like how she was, a shirt, sweatpants, and appropriate behead to boot. He liked to work while being comfortable, as long as it wasn't during a show, so it was safe to say that this was his regular look. He was a very handsome man for his age, the ravages of time had barely seemed to affect him, save for the salt and pepper hair that he usually kept short. He could was also quite tall standing at six foot 3 inches, with very broad shoulders, and a physique of an athlete that should be in their mid-twenties. A smile usually always adorned his face making him a very approachable man and someone who she was proud to call her father.

"I can see that you're about to fly, so I won't keep you from it, I know you told me that you would like to have a discussion with everyone who came here last night. I'll have someone tell them that you guys can meet up at about noon." He wrapped his arms around her, "I'm glad you're okay." With that he pulled away and walked away to go take care of other business. Sarah smiled after him before proceeding to the rope. She elegantly climbed to an acceptable height to be able to perform some of the basic maneuvers. After a minute of just letting her self swing through the air, she let her instinct take over, her body to become one with the air, and just let her self drift along while still keeping her awareness up for any danger.

She must have been up there for quite awhile since when she got down it was just enough time to be able to grab a bite to eat before meeting up with the other teens. She had very much enjoyed her workout, as she gave a final stretch, and then noticed the girl from the night before sitting nearby on the ground. She felt a little awkward for not having really noticed her arrive but she had really been able to lose her self in the act. So she walked towards her, "sorry I didn't see you, well since you're already here, everyone that showed up last night should be meeting up soon. We should have a bit of time to grab something to eat before the meeting!" She then held out her hand to give the girl some assistance in getting up off the floor. Afterwards she proceeds to walk towards the meal hall, looking forward to some food, she really worked up an appetite!

Acantha Mujo

a
With: [Sarah]
Mood: [Anticipative]

When the girl asked for Acantha's help in getting the others to hurry, she once more lamented her lack of telepathy, which would spare her another trip from the car to the house. As it turns out, she needn't have worried, as the girl's remark was immediately followed by the five missing people exiting the house and getting into the remaining vehicles.

The cars started up and began heading out in procession, theirs second to last. Acantha wanted to discuss theories and ask questions, but Sarah needed to focus on the road and, since she was mute, wouldn't be able to respond without looking away from it or taking her hands off the wheel, neither of which were good ideas.

So Acantha spent the journey in silence, sorting through all the information they had and following the trail of hypothesis, theory and conjecture. Her mind was buzzing with the excitement of new knowledge within her grasp, but this also fought against the drain using her ability and the events of the night had taken on her.

A headache pounded consistently at the base of her skull and, despite how much she wanted information and to figure things out, she knew she needed rest. She closed her eyes for just a moment and, next thing she knew, they had arrived at the circus. She blinked, disoriented, and looked around.

It was a little eerie, seeing the circus at night, with the lights off and no one around. She watched wearily as the others got out of the cars and various circus folk came up to find out what was going on. She watched Sarah speaking with a man she assumed was her father, explaining the situation to him animatedly.

When Jordan was taken away as well, Acantha roused herself to open the door and step outside, shivering a little in the cold night air. Most of the others had dispersed, and she walked up to Sarah to find out where she was supposed to go.

The girl gave her a small smile and signed "Would you like a tour?" Acantha nodded, and they walked off together, Sarah pointing out various details like the animal enclosure, the clown tent, the fortune-teller caravan...

Eventually, they got to a large pavilion, and walking inside Acantha recognized the trapeze and highwire she had seen before. Once again, she noted the absence of a net, and enquired about it. Sarah nodded.

"My father doesn't believe in training with a net," she explained. "He thinks they give a false sense of security. When you have that, you make mistakes."

Acantha nodded- it made sense. She stifled a yawn, but it was clear she was exhausted, and Sarah took the hint and lead her back to where she'd be spending the night. It was the acrobats' tent, and Acantha slipped under the covers gratefully, asleep almost as soon as she closed her eyes.

The next morning, Acantha's hyperactive brain woke her earlier than the others, as it was wont to do. She stretched and exited the tent, wondering what she should do. While she was pondering her decision, her footsteps guided her to the large pavilion. When she walked inside, she was surprised to see Sarah- not only awake as well but already practicing.

Acantha sat down and watched in silence, mesmerized, as the girl vaulted through the air with grace and ease. As always, it made her burning curiosity about genetics surface, and she ruefully reflected on the fact that, though she had the samples she needed, she now no longer had access to the equipment required to study them with.

She didn't know how long she simply sat there, entranced, but when Sarah's feet finally touched the ground once more, the sun had fully risen, the tent was starting to get warm, and Acantha's stomach was growling.

When Sarah suggested they head to the mess tent, Acantha readily agreed, accepting the girl's helping hand. She kept up an uninterrupted stream of comments on Sarah's performance as they walked through the circus, grabbed some food, and sat down.

"... and obviously a lot of it is down to your training, but there's no denying that there's a natural grace to your movements that could only be genetic in origin, and if I could just isolate the set of genes responsible I could..."

Even as she spoke, Acantha marveled at Sarah's coordination. She could walk through the mess of tents, interspersed with strings and cords and even poles poking out of the ground, easily avoiding the obstacles all while turned to her in order to lip-read what she was saying, and she didn't miss a beat.

OOC: Acantha's drooling guys ;P

Last edited:
ab738cfd48db39a948eba0419aff17ae.jpgBai woke with a start. She didn’t recognize anything at first but then quickly settled down as her mind caught up with the events that got her to the circus. She had led the group of vehicles with Zeke giving instructions the best he could, despite his condition, to this location. Every pair of headlights she saw on the way made her tense up. Bai thought that those soldiers reinforcements could be on them at any second. It’s why she woke up with her back sitting against a wall.

The girl couldn’t sleep at all so she decided to keep watch. Just to be safe. Eventually, exhaustion won the best of her and Bai nodded off. It felt like a mere blink of the eyes and it was morning. Zeke was still resting. She could see the rise and fall in the blanket he lay under. Bai stood up and decided to wander around the circus grounds.

The previous nights the circus looked very intimidating. It reminded Bai of many horror movies she saw. At least she was with many allies, unlike the people in the films even though the threat of danger lurking in the unknown must have been similar to what the characters experienced. There were quite a few people up and about already despite the early morning hours.

Bai expected to see all manners of curiosities and oddities lurking about. She had never been to the circus before and only had movies and television depictions of the place to go off of. But now Bai could see those were merely great exaggerations. Bai mostly saw quite normal looking people doing normal things. There were no people stuck together at birth, werewolf like folk, nor tiny clowns that looked like they could fit into the smallest of vehicles.

Maybe those people are still asleep?

The tiny “but what if” voice in the back of Bai’s mind nagged.

“Hey, there!” A voice called out and Bai quickly looked about, her heart racing. Had the soldiers found them? Her eyes soon landed on a well built man waving her over. Bai quickly looked about to see if he were referring to anyone else. “Yes, you, boy.” He called out yet again and Bai walked over.

“I’m not a boy.” Bai replied once in front of him. He squinted and took out a pair of glasses and looked at Bai through them.

“Oh,” He chuckled. “I suppose not. Terribly sorry about that. My eyes aren’t what they used to be and I thought you were someone else. My name is Mattale.” His voice boomed as he held out a large hand. Bai took it and thought she saw the man flinch as she grasped in a firm handshake.

“I take it you must be quite a hand with physical labor.” Bai nodded. “If you would be kind enough to lend us a hand then it would be much appreciated…” Mattale’s sentence trailed off not knowing the young girl’s name.

“Bai. Bai Ling.” Bai said.

“Ah! Well, if you follow me to this tent bye-bye ling then we could get started.”

“Well, it’s actually--” Mattale let out a hearty laugh.

“I jest, young lady. I know of you. Zeke has mentioned your name before. It is good to put a face to the name, at long last.” Soon they arrived at a large tent. It held the familiar smell of animals. Upon entering Bai saw several other people already at work and many bales of hay, empty seats where the audience would sit, a large cage in the center.

“We just need some help moving some of these stacks of hay and equipment.” Bai could already see a couple of people at work moving bales of hay. Bai moved to the remaining pile and picked one up. It was surprisingly light so she picked up another in the other hand. It didn’t take long for her to get into the rhythm of moving them. She was so focused on the task she didn’t notice the other few workers nearby staring in surprise. The task was done in no time and Bai made off to find Mattale.

“I think that’s all of them.” Bai said as she approached the man.

“Good job! Now, all we need is those trunks, that are just outside, in here. Then we’ll be able to handle the rest. Some are quite heavy so be careful, Bye-Bye.” Bai nodded and made her way out of the tent where Mattale pointed. Sure enough there were several large trunks. There was also another couple of people moving these as well. Bai made to pick up one of them when a young man stepped up.

“Oh, we save the heaviest for la--” He stopped mid sentence when Bai just lifted the trunk from the side handles. Bai turned towards him.

“What was that?” She asked.

“Nothing. It seems you got it.” Bai did this task much like the one before. She didn’t noticed the other people attempting to single handedly lift the large chest she just brought in with the same ease she did. Just as she finished Mattale approached the girl. His face was now serious.

“Follow me, young one.” He said and guided Bai past the tent and to where many circus games were. He led her to a Hi Striker game. The game where you hit the base with an oversized mallet and try to ring the bell at the top. There were three models side by side. Mattale led her to the middle one and handed Bai the mallet.

“Um, what’s going on?” Bai asked as others that were working in the tent started to gather around.

“This is our, uh, tradition when welcoming new people.” Bai looked lost in thought for a moment but then smiled.

“Cool!” Mattale nodded.

“Now just try to ring the bell. Should be no big deal for you. This model is...new. Very oiled down so you can hit top very easily. We suggest you hit with one hand to try it out.” Bai nodded and swung down on the black cushion at the base with one arm. Sure enough the sliding piece went up, fast, and rung the bell. There was an immediate round of applause and excited murmurs from the crowd. Mattale held up a hand and the crowd fell silent.

“Good job, Bye-Bye. Now, is the best part.” He guided Bai to the third Hi Striker. The neck was very long, easily doubling the size of the last one Bai hit. “Thirty feet tall. Small spring to propel the puck. Only the strongest of the strongest can hit the top. Only me and a few others that work here have managed to do so. Now, it is your turn, young one.” Mattale stepped away and let Bai take in attraction. It was adorned with many designs and bright colors.

The girl blew out a breath. She wanted to at least get it halfway up. Bai raised the mallet and swung down with all her might. She didn’t even see the puck move but heard a distorted ring. A moment later the bell came crashing down and Bai jumped back. She looked up just in time to see the puck come down and be caught by Mattale.

The look on his face was pure shock and surprise. Bai looked around and the crowd looked at the hi striker and back to Bai in stunned silence.

“So, I guess this one was really oiled up too?” Bai asked and Mattale walked up to her.

“I have traveled to many countries and seen many strong men and women attempt the thirty feet Hi Strike. But not a one has hit with so much power that the puck knocks the bell clean off.” Bai became worried and Mattale handed Bai the puck. Before Bai could stammer out an apology Mattale began to clap slowly. Soon another pair of hands from the crowd joined in and then everyone was applauding and cheering.

“Our very own Supergirl!” Mattale put a hand on Bai’s shoulder his smile now bigger than ever underneath his handlebar mustache. Bai found herself returning his smile with her own.

“She should join the circus if she hasn’t already.” Someone in the crowd shouted and there were many murmurs of approval. Bai handed the mallet back to Mattale and held the puck in both hands.

“I’m sorry, guys. I’m just...here visiting my friend. And I should be getting back to him.”

“Zeke is very lucky to have Supergirl for a friend. Just remember that our offer to join will always stand, Bai.”

The girl left after a few more rounds of goodbyes and went to try and find where Zeke was. The circus was like a maze to someone new. But the smell of something wonderful demanded her attention. The smell of food brought her to a the meal hall. So far Sarah and Acantha were already there. Bai give them a wide smile and a wave as she walked over and took her place at a table.

"Nice to see I'm not the only early bird from our group."

OOC: sorry for the delay. And also sorry for the insanely long post. I felt I had to do something about Bai discovering her powers since she hadn't yet. This should make up for the absence of lack of me posting, i feel.

Last edited:
DgfzfHn.png

dmI1Kg1.png

█▀▄ With: Bai, Acantha, and Sarah. █▀▄ Where: Mess Hall

Uriel came to when they were dragging him to the infirmary. Dazed and confused, drool on his cheek he asked. "Am I dead?" But he didn't hear what came after. Placed in a bed, under bright lights he heard hurried voices and ton of clacks and metal tings. His vision started to recover and he heard a voice. "He's going to need blood and stitches. We really aren't equipped for this but if what you said is true we'll make due. He's not as bad as the other one thankfully..." Other one...? Oh right, Zeke. He thought to himself as a needle was injected into his arm. "Ow! What the?" Whatever they gave flowed through his body, began to take. Uriel could feel his eyes glaze over and consciousness faded again...
█▀▄█▄▀█
Groaning, he rubbed his eyes awake, natural he searched for his phone by his nightstand but only met air. Curious he checked again, turning to see the tent siding he was in. Uriel shot to awareness, looking around to see someone walking in. A woman, she straightened up after seeing Uriel awake. "Hey don't move too much. They put about 17 stitches into you. You don't want them to rip." She reached out calming him. Uriel was confused about what was going on. 'Stitches? Why am I in a tent? Where's my phone?' The woman smiled, and it was a comforting one that did ease his tension. Slowing helping him to a sitting position Uriel asked the woman. "Where am I? What's going... The party?! Zeke! Where is he? Is he okay?" His tone raised as she shushed him. Pointing to the other side of the tent, where a curtain hung. "Your friend is over there. He's fine, he came in rougher shade than you but he'll pull through. Don't worry, you're at the circus. Sarah brought you here." Uriel visibly calmed, as she continued. "Your stuff is over there, had to get rid of the jeans. They were a bloody mess. The shirt and jacket are fine, the stuff in your pockets too. You need anything?" Looking at the folded clothes, he nodded. "My phone if you could?" The woman nodded going over and grabbing it. Uriel looked down and saw he was in the circus T-Shirt and wearing gym shorts. "Umm... You guys changed me?" Walking back she handed him the phone. "Had to, your clothes were covered in blood. They said you shouldn't walk on your leg. We have a wheelchair you can use. They're kinda fun once you get used to it. I'm going to check on your friend, you said his name was Zeke?" He nodded as she walked away.

Checking his phone he found six missed calls and about thirty texts from his mother, and sister. "S***... I didn't come home last night... And I should of guessed Mom would be worried... Probably should call Phi... She might be able to cover for me..." Tapping the screen a few times, he called his older sister. It only rang once. "Uri!!! Where are you?" Ophelia roared. Sighing he answered. "Not home... Yeah, I'm sorry... I didn't mind that. Okay, if I tell you what is going on you have to believe me completely... Because it's crazy. Like really, really, really! Crazy." He paused waiting for a response. "Go on." So he started to tell her about his powers, and how he's been playing with them for the past few days. To his thoughts about the Sanctorium, and the party he went to last night. From alcohol to the black suits and how they took them out and how he and Zeke both got shot. "You got shot!!!? Uriel, tell me where you are!" He groaned. "I can't... It's safer this way. Where I am now is safe... At least I hope is safe. Tell Mom and Dad, I got way too drunk and crashed at your place late last night. Please. I'll babysit for a month." Uriel heard a soft sigh. "If half of what you said is true, people are hunting you, Uri... I want you to be safe... But if you're not going to tell me where you are... Fine, I'll tell mom and dad you're with us but left soon after to a friend's. Mom would definitely come if she thought you were here." Uriel was glad his sister was smarter than him, and she was right in that. "Thanks, Phi. I owe you... Big." "Yes you do, little brother. I love you, Uriel." He smiled. "I love you too, Ophelia." He hung up the call.

With his cover story set up, he knew he wanted to get out of this place. Uriel saw the wheelchair by him just out of reach. He grinned, as it was pulled towards him by his powers. It was thankfully on the right side of the bed. Trying to figure out the best way off the bed, he looked up and saw metal poles holding the tent up. But for some reason, none of the lines were connecting to them. "Excuse me?" He said sheepishly. "Odd question, but what are those poles made of?" The woman popped her head out and said. "Umm. I think aluminum. You know lightweight, strong. Stuff like that. Anything you need?" He shook his head, as she smiled and disappeared. Looking back up, he came to realize his powers didn't affect aluminum. Try as he might, nothing happened. "Crap... Was hoping I could pull myself up... Hrmm pull myself up...? I'll hold on to that thought for later..." It took him a few moments but locking the wheels in place gave it enough resistance for him to pull himself into the chair. It was now Uriel saw his bandage leg for the first time. The sight of it made his whole leg throb. Grimacing he put it on the rest and took a few moments to gather his bearings.

It wasn't too long after the woman came back surprised to see Uriel in the chair. "I thought I hear it moving but wasn't sure how. So you do have some sort of powers? You going to tell me?" Uriel looked scared and shook a no. She smiled and gestured outside. "Keep your secrets. I'm just some random woman to you. Go over to mess hall. I think some of the other kids are already over there." That was a good plan maybe he could get some food... He was starving. Rolling outside felt exposed, granted it was still early people were mulling about as he made his way over to the mess hall. Someone kindly opened the way in for him following after. Before the man left he asked Uriel what he would like to eat, offering to get it for him. Uriel gave a quick reply. The man smiled seeing his awkwardness and nodded. Uriel looked around and saw three people he knew. Bai, Acantha, and Sarah. Bai and Sarah looked to have worked up a sweat. 'I'm a f***ing cripple, and those are pretty girls... Do I go over there and make myself stupid or do I find a place by myself...' But the man came back and wheeled him over knowing that he was a part of there group. He was quietly fuming about the action. "Hey... Everyone. I'm cripple... Oh my god..." The last words trailed off.

((Uriel is awkward!!! And redeeming myself. Pai Chan Pai Chan Ayama Ayama This Name is unavailable This Name is unavailable Kiroshiven Kiroshiven ))

48901617006_1e0a3d94f7_m.jpg
Nathaniel Evans

Vampire Geek - Gravitokinetic - Goth Kid

"They're out there, and someday I will find one."

a
With: [Sarah, Acantha, Bai, Uriel]
Mood: [Energetic]

When they picked Uriel up to bring him to the car, the pain was so terrible that his eyes rolled back in his head and he lost consciousness. Nathaniel felt terrible- after all, they were not medical professionals and probably shouldn't be moving him at all, but they had no choice; they couldn't just leave him there for the men with guns to come and kidnap him.

Devin wrapped him up in his jacket and attempted a light comment to ease the tension that was coursing through both of them. Of course, none of this was funny, and it really wasn't a situation in which attempting levity would work, so it sort of fell flat. When he tried to get the car started, Nathaniel noticed that his hands were trembling. His voice followed suit, and Nat knew he was just about at the end of his rope and near breaking down. As long as they could get him to the circus, get him a bed and some rest and maybe some kind of tranquilizer, he felt like his friend would be fine.

They drove off into the night in a disparate, snaking line, and Nathaniel wondered what the morning would bring.

The next day, Nat awoke refreshed. He lay in bed for a while, simply gong over the events of the night before in his mind. He had always believed in the supernatural, so it was surprisingly easy for him to accept all he had seen and discovered. And bad guys aside, now that he was over the shock and disappointment of realizing he wasn't turning into a vampire, he was quite thrilled at the discovery that he had a special ability, and excited to find out what he could do.

He took a last quick look at Devin, fast asleep in the cot next to him, looking far more relaxed and peaceful now, before quietly leaving the tent. As he walked around the circus, he noticed all the people milling about in a buzz of activity. They wore bright colors and crazy clothes and Nathaniel felt instantly more at home and in his environment than he did at school. Everyone here was so happy and original and not in the last bit embarrassed to purely be themselves.

Nat grinned, taking it all and wandering sort of at random, until he came to an isolated spot between a few tents. Figuring this was as good a place as any to try things out, he stood still and closed his eyes, concentrating. He willed himself to float, to turn over- something (as he didn't really know what his ability was or could do, it made it difficult to control). When he opened his eyes, he was floating- not upside-down, but sideways, his feet inches from the surface of the nearest tent.

The weirdest part about the whole thing was that it didn't feel as if he were sideways. But as soon as he opened his eyes, the whole thing became immensely disorienting, and he lost control and fell onto the ground. Wincing and rubbing his shoulder as he got up, he looked around to make sure nobody had seen that. Guess figuring this out is going to take some work... he thought ruefully.

He figured now was not the time though, so he set out in search of the others. It didn't take long to find the mess tent, and he walked in to find several of them already seated at breakfast. At the smell of food, he realized he was famished, and he grabbed a plate and piled it high, sitting down at the table and attacking it with gusto. He turned to Uriel as he noticed the wheelchair, feeling guilty and wondering if he and Devin had made the problem worse.

"How are you... feeling?" he asked timidly.

OOC: Nathaniel belongs with the circus ;P

Zeke was thankful to Aileen for willing driving his bike after throwing her the keys he didn't remember much. He knew that Bai had carried him into her car and that he'd been laying on a blanket. Then there was darkness. When he awoke he was in a familiar med bay from Sarah's circus. "Why am I?" He grumbled as he slowly sat up. Pain shot through his stomach again and the memories of the night before flooded into his mind. "Fuck, that wasn't a dream then." Zeke took off his shirt and looked over at the wound. It was there, and it definitely had been treated properly. At least I don't have to go to a hospital and explain all the crazy shit that went down. Or what I can do. Zeke looked at his hand before climbing out of the bed gritting his teeth through the pain. There were a few things he needed to do right now. He needed to experiment with his power, check on his bike and thank both Bai and Aileen.

Just as he was opening the door to leave, Zeke was stopped by the on site doctor the circus had. "Oh no you don't Mr. Acerbi. You are going-" Zeke decided to push his luck. He tried tapping into his power and it triggered right on queue. Ever since I was shot, I have more control. Zeke took the moment to slip out the door and out into the yard. Everything resumed its normal pace and Zeke took a deep breath. "Okay. Now where the hell did she park my bike?" Zeke wandered about until he found the vehicle in question and was glad to see that it remained unharmed. Her ran a hand along it before sitting down. "Okay. So time to gather my thoughts." Zeke leaned his head back as he wrapped his head around the fact that he was manipulating time itself. I'm able to slow time down for a quick burst. How the hell did that happen? And am I limited to just slowing time? Zeke took another look at the hole in his side. If I can speed time up, I could potentially heal this wound over the course of a few hours, maybe. Better not try it out on myself first though.

Zeke stood up and walked over to the edge of the camp where a small bed of flowers grew. "Now, how would I go about changing how my power worked?" Zeke stared at the flowers in annoyance before letting out a heavy sigh. Maybe I shouldn't try and speed up the whole bed? But just a few flowers instead? He focused on the closest flowers and felt a similar feeling flowing over him. It was brief, but as Zeke took a look at the flowers he watched in horror as the plants, over a few seconds, aged into dust leaving nothing but a patch of dirt where they once stood. Okay, note to self, do NOT try and use this on myself just yet.

Just as Zeke finished his experiment the worst he could've imagined happened. "Did you do that?" Zeke turned around to see Aileen standing there. She looked to be okay after everything that happened last night, which was a positive. Now if only she hadn't seen that. Zeke expected her to look terrified, but she seemed to be pondering everything. Then her eyes went down and she continued. "I mean, it's ok if you did.... I just... um.... is that, you know, your power?" Zeke barely managed to hear it before he heaved a sigh. Someone was going to figure out at some point. He huffed to himself before looking at her.

"I'm a bit surprised that the first question out of your mouth is about my ability when I'm a wounded person standing out in a field without a shirt on." He chuckled trying to lighten the mood. Zeke knew a bit about Aileen, they were both friends with Bai after all. This whole thing was probably stressing her out greatly. "To answer your question, it's a part of my power, yes." Zeke looked down at the patch of dirt and contemplated trying to reverse the effects of what he'd done. "But knowing that I can do this.....I wish I hadn't found out." Zeke shook himself before turning back to face Aileen. "I'd like to keep this secret from the rest of the group if you don't mind Aileen. The fact that my power can as easily kill people as me looking at them could be a problem." Zeke sat down on the grass and stared up at the sky. "Thank you, by the way for getting my bike here."

"What are you doing up? Bai would have a fit." Zeke chuckled as the girl showed her concern. "Would you believe me if I told you I escaped from the infirmary?" Zeke chuckled. "Being able to mess with time has quite a few perks along side its drawbacks." Zeke grumbled to nobody in particular as Aileen mentioned none of them wanting these powers. "Yeah. Then again there's a lot of things in life that we don't want to happen that do." Zeke's thoughts travelled to his mother's accident and his father's obsession with keeping her alive. Zeke could understand prioritizing her health, but sacrificing his kids for it? What kind of father would do that? Zeke punched the ground beside him as he stood up. "Sorry. A lot of things going on outside of this comic book bull shit."

As Aileen agreed to hide his power in exchange for hiding hers Zeke chuckled. "Considering I don't know what your power is Ai, I think it'll be easy to keep yours secret." He chuckled and put a hand on her shoulder. "But it really does mean a lot that you agreed to hide it." As she looked away and mentioned his bike Zeke smirked. "If you ever want to ride along, you can always ask. I'd let you drive her, but insurance is tough enough with just me." He slipped in another joke while still holding her shoulder with a small smile on his face. When had he actually had a normal conversation with anyone but Bai in years? He spoke to Eira at the party, but that was more venting. This, minus the power bits, felt actually nice; warm even. Then it hit him. "Nostalgic huh?" Zeke couldn't help but ask. "I'm guessing the person that taught you isn't around then?"

Zeke noticed Aileen getting more tense. “So, she was a victim.” Zeke let go of her shoulder. “I’m sorry those bastards did something to her.” Zeke heaved a heavy sigh while looking down at the grass at her feet. “Necrosis huh?” He spoke up. “Well, I can understand not wanting to tell anyone.” Zeke took a deep breath and looked at the grass at her feet. Focus Zeke, just enough that it’s back. Zeke felt the wash of energy over him and along side a cold sweat breaking out over him as he watched the effects of Aileen’s power get reversed. He felt nauseated, but it would be a small gesture. As the grass finally grew back, Zeke clutched his stomach. “That was a bit more than I think....” he held back as he gagged, dry-heaving as nothing was in his stomach. “I was ready for.” He put on a smile for Aileen though. “Your power shouldn’t be as scary right? It can be undone.” He huffed before hearing the cry of the doctor calling out for him.

“MR ABERCI! YOU SHOULDN’T BE RUNNING AROUND! IF IT WEREN’T FOR THE ORDER THAT ALL OF YOU WERE TO GATHER FOR LUNCH I’D GIVE YOU A LECTURE FOR THE AGES!” Zeke chuckled as he turned to Aileen.

“I guess we should be going.” He playfull nudged her shoulder. “Just remember that I’ll help you if you need me.” Shoving down his nausea and gritting through the migraine, Zeke started walking, following the nurse over to where the others were. “Hey everybody? How’s it hangin?” He put on a smile as he saw the group. Though he frowned a bit at seeing Uriel in a wheelchair. "And I thought I had it bad." Zeke scratched the back of his neck, still forgetting that he was standing there with only bandages covering him up.

Interactions: Meme Machine Meme Machine Ayama Ayama Pai Chan Pai Chan This Name is unavailable This Name is unavailable KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18
OOC: This is one half of a set of posts between me and meme. It'll make a lot more sense once they post.

Last edited:
[class=custom___1]
position: relative;
box-sizing: border-box;
width: 500px;
height: 400px;
overflow: hidden;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
padding: 0;
[/class][class=title]
position: absolute;
left: 207px;
top: 34px;
overflow: visible;
width: 131px;
height: 31px;
text-align: left;
font-family: Times New Roman;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 30px;
color: #F6A6B2;
[/class][class=_]
left: 260px;
top: 65px;
width: 57px;
height: 18px;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 15px;
color: rgba(112,112,112,1);
[/class][class=noun]
left: 218px;
top: 78px;
overflow:visible;
width: 33px;
height: 16px;
font-style: italic;
[/class][class=definition]
left: 250px;
top: 94px;
width: 192px;
height: 35px;
[/class][class=text]
overflow: auto;
width: 357px;
height: 245px;
font-size: 12px;
font-family: veranda;
line-height: 11px;
color: #707070;
padding: 8px;
text-align: justify;
[/class][class=textcontainer]
left: 137px;
top: 145px;
[/class][class=pic]
width: 160px;
height: 160px;
left: 35px;
top: 0px;
border: 1px solid #F6A6B2;
background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/NjrBMqqj/31578-DEA-DB2-A-4-E42-B224-F84870-C078-BE-2.jpg);
border-radius: 200px;
[/class][class=pichover]
background: transparent;
background-size: 100%;
border-radius: 150px;
text-align: center;
line-height: 16px;
color: #fff;
[/class][class=hidden]
display:none;
[/class][script class=pic on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 pichover
[/script][script class=pic on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 pichover
[/script][class=outfit]
width: 50px;
height: 50px;
left: 82px;
top: 284px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/GGDZvJ3.jpg);
[/class][class=outfithover]
background-color: #F6A6B2;
font-size: 8px;
[/class][class=hidden]
[/class][script class=outfit on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 outfithover
[/script][script class=outfit on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 outfithover
[/script][class=location]
top: 228px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/PftxzaF.jpg);
[/class][class=locationhover]
[/class][script class=location on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 locationhover
[/script][script class=location on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 locationhover
[/script][class=mood]
top: 172px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/E2bix10.jpg);
[/class][class=moodhover]
[/class][script class=mood on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 moodhover
[/script][script class=mood on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 moodhover
[/script][class=interactions]
top: 340px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/gsM1t8Y.jpg);
[/class][class=interactionshover]
line-height: 12px;
[/class][script class=interactions on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 interactionshover
[/script] [script class=interactions on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 interactionshover
[/script][class=credit]
left: 417px;
top: 387px;
width: 78px;
height: 13px;
font-size: 9px;
[/class]
[div class=custom___1]
[div class=title]Aileen[/div]
[div class=_]/ A•lean / [/div]
[div class=noun]noun[/div]
[div class=definition]a shy sweetheart;
1. Refer to friends[/div]
[div class=textcontainer][div class=text]

Aileen was awake early. Really early. She wondered if she had even slept past a few hours, by that she meant two or three. She’d kept to herself, only asking for two things from the people who do generously let them stay for a while. A pair of gloves, and a hair tie. The gloves where relatively thick, and white. Something you'd definitely see at a circus, and she hoped she wasn’t questioned about. Now she was wondering, partially out of boredom and partiality watching the grass, studying it to see if it died. She was just coming out from behind a car, when she saw Zeke.

Her immediate thought was more of an action. Disapproval. He had been seriously hurt, who had let him up? Certainly not Bai, she would have a hissy fit if she knew. She couldn’t really think of anyone else who would let him up other than someone who didn’t care..... which again, was no one. She started to move towards him, mustering up enough courage to push past anxiety and tell him to go back to resting, when she saw.... what did she see?

Plant dying, that’s for sure. At first, she thought it was her. But then she realized it didn’t make sense. She wasn’t standing near that patch, and it was small. It didn’t spread from her feet like it normally would. So the only reasonably thought.... was it was from Zeke. She looked up at him, surprised, and opened her mouth. “Did you do that?” She was surprised the words came from her mouth. She moved towards him again, her face practically unreadable. Then she seemed to realize what she did, and looked down. “I mean, it’s ok if you did.... I just... um.... is that, you know, your power?” She asked, hesitant at first before rushing through the question. The whole thing was a massive mumble, though.

As soon as Aileen had said somthing, she wished she hadn’t. Zeke seemed to jump almost, and looked at her with a surprised look on his face. She chewed on the inside of her lip lightly, hoping it didn’t leave a blister like she suspected it might.

But the first thing he said made her even more nervous. She hadn’t really been paying attention to the fact that he was shirtless, but now that he mentioned it she felt her neck heat up, followed by her face. She fought it back, and shook her head. “Yeah, y-you know, speaking of that. What are you doing up? Bai would have a fit.” She asked, trying to look at the spot in between his eyes, right on his nose. That way she wasn’t staring, but she also wasn’t making eye contact. "To answer your question, it's a part of my power, yes." Zeke said, looking down soon after. She stepped a bit closer, she she could see the plants better, and nodded as he spoke. “I don’t think any of us wanted to know about these powers.” She murmured, looking at her gloved hand as she did.

"I'd like to keep this secret from the rest of the group if you don't mind Aileen. The fact that my power can as easily kill people as me looking at them could be a problem." Zeke said, earning a slightly surprised but unhesitating nod from Aileen. “Oh. Yeah, of course. I won’t say anything. As long as you don’t tell anyone mine.......” She answered, almost looking away at the next part. She didn’t really love eye contact, but it was a normal part of life and she needed to get used to it. “But driving your bike was fun. It was nostalgic.” She said, smiling shortly at him.

Aileen sighed as he asked if she would believe him, and she nodded. “Oh, absolutely.” She joked, before sighing a little. There were a lot of things happening, huh? Lots of things...... as her mind wandered to her sister, she narrowed her eyes slightly. She didn’t even notice the few strands of grass dying at her feet. She then tilted her head to the side. “Wait, messing with-“ She jumped a little as her whisper was cut off by Zeke punching the ground, and she looked up in surprise. “No, it’s ok. T-there’s a lot going on...” She said hesitantly, before standing up. She’d feel awkward if she was the only one sitting.

Aileen was a bit taken aback, (not in a bad way) when he called her Ai. No one had ever really given her a nickname that flippantly. She didn’t really care, she was just suprised. However, him putting his hand on her shoulder freaked her out. She didn’t jump, or anything like that. Her eyes just went wide, and she leaned back almost. “Um.... yeah. Of course. I d-don’t know why I would need to tell everyone else... it’s not my business.” She said, picking at her nails a little. She didn’t want to brush off his hand, and be rude. Her shoulder was covered, but would that matter? What if her power leaked through? She didn’t know how it worked.... What if she hurt him? What if-

She got dragged out of her thoughts as he mentioned the nostalgia. She had a feeling he said something else, but she had been zoning out a little. “No. She’s not......” Aileen trailed off slightly, pursing her lips. Nobody had believed her when she said it wasn’t a Suicide. Her sister was NOT suicidal. She just wasn’t! “She wasn’t.” Aileen said, quiet as a mouse almost. The grass around her feet shriveled, more noticeable, but she wasn’t looking down.

Aileen relaxed a bit when Zeke let her go, and smiled shortly as he said he was sorry. “Yeah. I am too. Nobody believed me when I said my sister wouldn’t do that to herself. But.... I guess you guys will, huh?” She said, smiling shortly before it fell. She looked down as he mentioned it, and her smile fell. “Y-yeah.... I’m sorry. I don’t mean to. It just... happens?” She said nervously, picking at her thumb. She was going to apologize more, but then she saw it reversing. Everything was fixed. She opened her mouth slowly, and then closed it again.

“It... you... wait, how? You just fixed it? I’ve been trying to fix it but I can’t! Your power is time, but-“ She started smiling again, a bit wider and clearly relieved. However, she was cut off as he started dry heaving. She put a hand over her mouth, and moved towards him without actually touching him. “Oh gosh, are you alright? You shouldn’t have don’t that.” She said, seeming concerned. But he was right. It could be undone......

She jumped as the yelling started, whipping her head around to the source.“I told you you’d get in trouble....” She murmured. She smiled nervously as he bumped her shoulder, and nodded. “Yeah... thank you.” She said it with a smile, but Aileen already knew that she wouldn’t be asking. Not unless someone’s life was in danger. She followed after Zeke, and waved slightly as they entered the room. “Hello everyone...” She faltered when she saw Uriel, and gave him a small smile of sympathy. She also saw Nathaniel sitting near, so she gave him a wave and a smile before looking around awkwardly. She wasn’t sure where to sit, so she just stayed standing.

[/div][/div]
[div class=pic][div class="pichover hidden"]tags: Ayama Ayama Pai Chan Pai Chan This Name is unavailable This Name is unavailable KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 Kiroshiven Kiroshiven [/div][/div]
[div class=outfit][div class="outfithover hidden"]
x[/div][/div]
[div class=location][div class="locationhover hidden"]
The circus [/div][/div]
[div class=mood][div class="moodhover hidden"]
Peaceful, Anxious[/div][/div]
[div class=interactions][div class="interactionshover hidden"]
Everyone [/div][/div]
[div class=credit]code::yousmelldead[/div]
[/div]

The car ride had been tolerable; Ibuki was glad he had the foresight to turn on the car radio- admittedly, it wasn't as necessary as he thought it would be considering one of the passengers was an unconscious girl slouched in the backseat. He had zoned out for most of the ride, the music drowning any desire to think. What was he supposed to think? His peers had gained superpowers (himself included, unfortunately) and now they were on the run from gun-wielding men. The day had been hectic and he ended it with following a group of strangers to a circus. He was beginning to question to his sensibility. Sighing, the male looked up at the ceiling of the tent he had been led to by a gruff male whose role in the circus seemed to be dagger throwing if the dagger sheathed on his thigh was anything to judge by. Ibuki closed his eyes, letting his body relax into the cot; he was too tired to think about superpowers and whatnot right now.

When morning came, he woke up without needing anyone to rouse him. Ibuki shuffled out of bed, groggy. Raking a hand through his hair, the male fiddled with it until it looked presentable unlike the bird's nest he had started with. At the bottom of his bed, there was a small bundle of clothes, presumably put there by Eira, that he put on after hesitating for a moment. Her gesture threw him off slightly as he wasn't used to others being considerate of him, but he shrugged it off. There wasn't a mirror to check his appearance in, so he quickly left the room after smoothing out a few wrinkles in his clothing. Noticing he had woken up later than he usually did, Ibuki internally grumbled once more about yesterday's events for tiring him out enough that he woke up so late.

Looking over at the closed flaps of the tent adjacent to his own, Ibuki grabbed ahold of one of the tent's supporting rods and used it to shake the tent as obnoxiously loud as he could. "Wake up, princess," he said before turning away and walking towards the faint smell of food he had detected ever since he left his room. Hunger felt more important than being a gracious neighbor.

He had little doubt Eira would wake up when the cold hit her so he didn't bother barging in and furthering his antics. His steps were slow and languid, giving Eira time to catch up to him with ease. When she did, he would make his entrance into the circus's dining area. Hopefully, arriving early enough would allow him to eat in peace and leave in time to avoid everyone else. A man could dream.

Last edited:

Eira Anika Shirin

Older Sister - Cryokinetic - Demoiselle

"Approach others with kindness and an open heart."

a
With: [Zeke, Uriel, Nathaniel, Ibuki, Sarah, Acantha, Aileen, Bai]
Mood: [Very curious]

The car ride felt surprisingly peaceful to Eira, despite everything that had happened. They were safe, and headed to safety. As she leaned against the window, listening to the classic rock playing from the radio and watching the dark suburbs flash by, she reflected on why she felt so safe in such an empirically unsafe situation.

It was, she knew, because of him. Despite his rude manner and clear dislike of people, he hadn't left her behind. Not when the cold threatened to overwhelm her, not when the men had stormed the house- not even when she had gotten mad at him and stalked off to return there. Despite everything, he had stayed.

And there was something about his manner that just... comforted her, she supposed. The fact that he was clearly a good person at heart, who wouldn't abandon someone in need, even if it was inconvenient for them- that was what made her feel safe. And it also didn't hurt that, due to his ability (she surmised), she was able to feel comfortably warm in his presence.

Eira spent the trip alternately looking out the window, gazing at the boy as he drove, his eyes fixed on the road, and glancing into the backseat to check on the girl who was with them. At some point, with the warmth and exhaustion and music and rumbling of the car, she simply dozed off, and woke up when they had arrived at the circus.

The circus folk gathered around the cars, taking the injured in for treatment, and setting them up with a place to sleep. Eira ended up in the same tent as the girl they had brought in, right next to the boy's tent, for which she was infinitely grateful- the last thing she needed was to spend the night freezing, catching a cold and not getting any sleep.

She was given some clothes to sleep in and to wear the next day- a lot more comfortable and bright and fun than what she normally wore. By the time she had gotten ready and climbed into bed, the other girl was already fast asleep. Eira snuggled happily under the blankets, closed her eyes, and fell into Morpheus' embrace.

The next morning, she woke early- warm and wonderfully refreshed. She slipped quietly from her bed, dressing quickly, and silently exited the tent so as not to wake the other girl, bundle of clothes clasped in her arms. She wandered the circus for a while, exploring as much as she dared, and looking for a laundry room. She finally found someone who helped her get the laundry started and told her they'd be back to drop the clothes off when they were done.

She thanked them and went off to explore some more in the meantime. She wandered to a large pavilion-like tent and peeked inside to see their host flying through the air on a trapeze, watched by the strange girl from the night before. Leaving them to it and wandering some more, she saw some circus folk up and working, helped out by the girl who had lead them here- she seemed incredibly strong, lifting large and heavy things with seemingly no effort.

She wandered out to the meadow at the edge of the camp, where she saw the girl who had driven the bike and the bike's owner. She was about to call out to them when a patch of flowers and grass vanished into nothing before him, followed by the grass around her feet. More incredible still, the latter was then somehow reversed by him, though at a cost, as he began retching in obvious reaction.

Though she disapproved of him exerting himself thus in his condition, she had to admit it made sense for them to want to test out and explore their powers. A sudden shiver reminded her of her own, and she decided she should do the same. Leaving the two unnoticed by the grass, she wandered off in search of a water source, which she soon found in the form of a small stream.

She sat down by the stream, feeling the cold fairly pouring out of her, and reached out her hand. To her amazement, when it touched the water, the stream began to freeze over. Even better, as the cold poured out of her, she began to feel warmer herself. She experimented thusly for a while more before deciding she needed to head back and find the others.

By the time she got to the laundry tent, she was shivering again. The clothes from the night before were clean and dry. She methodically folded them and headed back out with the pile held carefully in her arms. She went first to the boy's tent, where she walked in quietly and laid his clothes and sweatshirt neatly at the foot of his bed so as not to wake him.

She then headed back to her tent. When she stepped through the flap, she was surprised to see the other girl sitting up in bed, covers gathered to her chest and crying hard. Eira walked over to her, putting an arm around her shoulders in concern.

"What's wrong?" she asked, looking vainly around for a tissue. The girl was silent for a moment, then responded

"I saw it- I saw what happened to her." Eira frowned at the girl in confusion.

"Saw who? What do you mean?" The girl let out a sob.

"M-my best friend. I saw her get killed." Eira's eyes went wide.

"I am so sorry. What happened to her?" she asked softly. The girl looked at her. There was pain in her eyes, but also a fierce determination. She took a deep, steadying breath, then began to talk...

After the girl's story was over, Eira's head was reeling. A lab experiment? What did this mean? Was that how they had gotten their powers? And who had done this to them? Who were the men who were after them? There were so many questions reeling in her head that she was beginning to feel dizzy.

The girl, exhausted from recounting that traumatizing story, had gone back to sleep, and Eira was feeling quite lost and overwhelmed. Thankfully, at that moment, the tent began to shake as a gruff voice called from outside "Wake up, princess."

Despite the rudeness and the mocking term and tone of voice, Eira smiled, feeling somehow instantly more calm. She heard footsteps passing the tent and knew the boy wouldn't bother to actually come inside, so she picked up the denim jacket, rose from the bed, and stepped out.

She had soon caught up with him as he headed towards where, based on the delicious smells, they would be able to get food. Falling into step beside him, she greeted him brightly.

"Good morning! Did you sleep well?" He made the usual annoyed/noncommittal grunting response, which she ignored, wanting to make sure she said this before anything else happened.

"Listen, I really wanted to thank you for last night," she said earnestly. "I know it must've been an imposition for you to help me, and you didn't have any obligation to follow me here, and I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate it." His response was, as expected, less than polite, but she was still happy she'd managed to say it.

By then, they had reached the dining tent, and Eira stepped inside and took in the surroundings. It was large and cozy, with a kitchen, a buffet table piled high with tons of breakfast food, and several large mess tables. Everyone from last night save for Jordan, the goth guy's friend, and the girl from her tent was already seated and halfway through their breakfast.

As the boy wandered off to get himself some food, Eira nervously walked up to the guy who had saved her from Lucas and lent her the denim jacket the night before. She offered it to him, blushing slightly.

"Thank you for last night," she said awkwardly, wondering what people would think about this. Once he had taken the jacket, she walked over to get herself some food and sat down at the table. For a while, there was silence as they ate, each lost in their own thoughts, before Eira took a gulp of juice, steeled her nerves, and began.

"So, um, I think maybe it would be a good idea if we all introduced ourselves," she said timidly. "I mean, I don't know your names, or anything. And I also think," she bravely continued, "that we should tell each other what we- what we can do, and how we figured it out?" There was an uneasy silence as she stared around the table.

"I'll start," she volunteered. "My name is Eira- Eira Shirin. I'm a freshman." She paused again, then resumed. "I guess what I can do is... ice related? I noticed about a week ago that I was starting to feel cold, all the time, and since last night I've realized that I can freeze water on or near my body..." She flushed crimson, feeling ridiculous saying something like this to a room of strangers.

"A-anyway, what about you guys?" she asked, trying vainly to gloss over the sheer monumental awkwardness of the moment, and hoping that they wouldn't call her crazy or think she was strange.

OOC: Long post ._.

[class=custom___1]
box-sizing: border-box;
width: 500px;
height: 400px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
padding: 0;
[/class][class=title]
left: 207px;
top: 34px;
width: 131px;
height: 31px;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 30px;
color: #F6A6B2;
[/class][class=_]
left: 260px;
top: 65px;
width: 57px;
height: 18px;
[/class][class=noun]
left: 218px;
top: 78px;
overflow:visible;
width: 33px;
height: 16px;
font-style: italic;
[/class][class=definition]
left: 250px;
top: 94px;
width: 192px;
height: 35px;
[/class][class=text]
overflow: auto;
font-family: veranda;
line-height: 11px;
color: #707070;
padding: 8px;
text-align: justify;
[/class][class=textcontainer]
left: 137px;
top: 145px;
[/class][class=pic]
left: 35px;
top: 0px;
background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/NjrBMqqj/31578-DEA-DB2-A-4-E42-B224-F84870-C078-BE-2.jpg);
[/class][class=pichover]
background: transparent;
[/class][class=hidden]
[/class][script class=pic on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 pichover
[/script][script class=pic on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 pichover
[/script][class=outfit]
top: 284px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/GGDZvJ3.jpg);
[/class][class=outfithover]
[/class][class=hidden]
[/class][script class=outfit on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 outfithover
[/script][script class=outfit on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 outfithover
[/script][class=location]
top: 228px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/PftxzaF.jpg);
[/class][class=locationhover]
[/class][script class=location on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 locationhover
[/script][script class=location on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 locationhover
[/script][class=mood]
top: 172px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/E2bix10.jpg);
[/class][class=moodhover]
[/class][script class=mood on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 moodhover
[/script][script class=mood on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 moodhover
[/script][class=interactions]
top: 340px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/gsM1t8Y.jpg);
[/class][class=interactionshover]
line-height: 12px;
[/class][script class=interactions on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 interactionshover
[/script] [script class=interactions on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 interactionshover
[/script][class=credit]
left: 417px;
top: 387px;
width: 78px;
height: 13px;
font-size: 9px;
[/class]
[div class=custom___1]
[div class=title]Aileen[/div]
[div class=_]/ A•lean / [/div]
[div class=noun]noun[/div]
[div class=definition]a shy sweetheart;
1. Refer to friends[/div]
[div class=textcontainer][div class=text]
Not being sure what else to do, Aileen raised her hand. She did so slowly, like she wasn’t sure she was supposed to. “I can go, if you want?” She said. She didn’t really want to tell them her power, but she could tell them her name.

“I’m Aileen La’crest.” She said, hoping against hope that they didn’t ask about her sister. Her name had been on the news, but still. “I..... I can, um...” and that’s when she froze. What was she supposed to say? I kill things that I touch, and I don’t know the limitations? I rot flesh? She looked to Zeke for a moment, before looking back at the rest. “I can... kill plants, I guess. I can’t really control it, but it spreads more whenever I get sad, or scared.” She said, shrugging slightly. That wasn’t a lie, and it seemed, right? She didn’t really want to elaborate beyond that, but she felt a little out of place standing. She chewed on her lip subconsciously, and rubbed her thumb. Though, it was still in the glove, so it didn’t matter much.

“Who’s next?” She asked, a little anxious to get the attention off of her. She felt like taking a step back, or leaving all together. Instead, she took a deep breath, and counted backwards from ten like her mom had taught her.

[/div][/div]
[div class=pic][div class="pichover hidden"]tags: Ayama Ayama Pai Chan Pai Chan This Name is unavailable This Name is unavailable KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 Kiroshiven Kiroshiven [/div][/div]
[div class=outfit][div class="outfithover hidden"]
x[/div][/div]
[div class=location][div class="locationhover hidden"]
The circus [/div][/div]
[div class=mood][div class="moodhover hidden"]
Anxious[/div][/div]
[div class=interactions][div class="interactionshover hidden"]
Everyone [/div][/div]
[div class=credit]code::yousmelldead[/div]

[/div]

OOC: Sorry for the short post! I’ve been feeling a little dead. ;-;

jeeja1-1.jpg~c200.jpgBefore much else could be exchanged someone else found their way into the Dining Hall.

"Hey... Everyone. I'm cripple... Oh my god..." Bai looked at Uriel with a concerned glare.

"That's not something you should joke about." With that Bai stood up and went to fetch food for herself. She was all for jokes and all but Bai could tell there was uncertainty behind the young man's eyes. And that did combine well with the attempt at humor. He probably half believe his words.

By the time others started finally filing into the dining hall Bai was already well into her meal. She sat at a roiund table by herself lost in her own thoughts when a voice made Bai look towards the source. Zeke and Aileen walked in. Bai stood and waved the two towards her table. As the two approached Bai was already greeting them through a mouthful of a muffin.

"Well, looksh whosh up an' walkin' aroun' alreadeh." She addressed Zeke before finally taking a water to force down the rest of the food in her mouth. "Hope you two slept well." Before she could say much else Eira was speaking up to everyone in the dining area. Bai didn't even notice more people had walked in. Eira figured it was time for everyone to introduce themselves. Bai couldn't argue with that. They had all went through a traumatic experience together and now they were, more or less, on the run.

Eira stated she was a freshman that had cryogenic powers. Bai scoffed, a little too loudly, when that part was mentioned. Someone with powers? That's ridiculous. But then again, Bai had witnessed several last night. It was so surreal that she nearly dismissed it all as part of a dream. Hell, she felt like she was still in one. Was that why the men came after Uriel? He maybe had powers too?

After a moment of silence for everyone to digest what Eira just laid out for them, Aileen volunteered to go next. Apparently, she had powers as well. Albeit, more of the destructive kind. Bai was dumbfounded. Not only because one of her best friends had powers but also because they had never told Bai. How long had Aileen known about her powers? Was she ever planning on telling Bai or anyone else if these chain of events hadn't happened? Aileen finished asking who was next and Bai's hand shot up.

"First name Bai. Last name Ling. I'm a Junior. I wasn't even sure I had any super powers. But when I think about last night I remember when I fought those guys that were going after him." Bai pointed a finger towards Uriel. "When I fought it felt like they were moving in slow motion. At first I thought it was the adrenaline but taking what you say about people having powers and what happened with me earlier today I think I can understand." Bai dug in her pocket and pulled out the puck that was given to her. She held it up for everyone to see.

"This was on something called a Hi Striker. It's the thing you hit with a big mallet to see how far this goes up. Except, when I hit it this thing went all the way up and through the bell. And this is from the big one that's here." Bai said proudly before blushing with a small smirk and looking at the people that were actual workers at the circus. "Oh, and I'm sorry for breaking it." She pocketed the puck again. "So I think I have super strength, maybe? And that's all I know so far." Bai sat back down at the table and went to finish her meal.

OOC: I decided to move Zeke and Aileen to where Bai is sitting that way not everyone would be clutting up the entrance to the dining hall

Acantha Mujo

a
With: [Sarah, Zeke, Bai, Aileen, Uriel, Nathaniel, Ibuki, Eira]
Mood: [Neutral]

The first to join Sarah and Acantha in the mess tent was Zeke's friend. She greeted them warmly and sat down to eat. Uriel joined them shortly after, clearly self-conscious about being in a wheelchair despite his injured leg. He was followed by the goth kid, who enquired worriedly about Uriel's health. Zeke and the girl who had driven his bike to the circus showed up and joined his other friend. Then came the dark-haired delinquent, predictably entering with the other girl from last night, who walked up to Zeke and handed him a denim jacket, awkwardly thanking him.

They grabbed their food and sat down, and for a while there was silence as everyone ate and simply sat with their thoughts. The girl then cleared her throat and suggested that they all introduce themselves and tell each other about their powers, bravely going first despite how clearly uneasy she was feeling. She was followed by both of Zeke's friends.

Eira, cryokinetic. Aileen, necrotic. Bai, enhanced strength.

Acantha listed the names and abilities in her mind to catalog and retain them. She then put down her fork, deciding to go next.

"Acantha Mujo," she declared in her usual deadpan voice. "Telekinetic."

She considered levitating the fork in order to prove it, then remembered that the dampener was here. She picked up the fork again and resumed eating.

OOC: Such a people person ;P

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" She asked him.

"Yeah," Ibuki replied, brushing off her morning greetings and offering little to continue the mundane conversation. He wasn't particularly cheery or in a talkative mood so a part of him hoped Eira would take a hint and not badger him for more than a one-word response. She didn't, continuing on with her rambling and thanking him. He threw a side glance at her as she spoke; she looked sincere. It's nice that she knows how to be grateful- then again, if she wasn't that kind of person, I probably would've left her behind long ago. "You're welcome," he said, sounding slightly snarky.

Upon reaching the tent, he promptly ditched Eira in favor of the food piled up high up on the buffet table. I should've woken up earlier, he thought grumpily as he noted the amount of people already seated and eating. A plate in hand, Ibuki randomly chose stuff to eat from the assortment before him, putting them on his plate until he was struggling to keep the food from sliding off of it and onto the floor. That should be enough.

He took his food, holding it carefully with two hands and making sure to look out for people as he walked so he wouldn't lose his breakfast in a horrible fall, and went to sit down at one of the empty mess tables. He dug in with relish, his features relaxing in bliss and a small smile tugging at the edge of his lips. So fucking good.

Remembering himself, he quickly schooled his face into his normal stoic one, looking around to make sure no one had seen his childish enjoyment. Luckily, no one had been paying attention to him. Instead, most of folks' attention were focused on Eira who was getting everyone to introduce themselves and their powers.

He learned a few names from the introductions currently ongoing, Aileen, Bai, and Acantha as well as an idea of their powers. He figured he might as well get his own introduction over with before Eira came over and forced one out of him with her forceful nagging. "Ibuki. I don't really think I have any powers, but-" The male looked at Eira and Acantha, remembering his experiences with them, "if I had to guess, I guess I have the ability to nullify powers."

His head dipped back down as he resumed quietly eating, only half paying attention to any future introductions. Food was more important.

After having walked, sat down, and ate her meal with appreciation- people began to file into the main dining area. In which the man who had been shot in the leg, Uriel, joked self-consciously about his condition. She could only raise an eyebrow at his attempt of humor. She then silently observed the rest of the people, taking the time to file away their powers, and names in her mind. She couldn't blame them for being uncomfortable around each other, after all some probably have never even really conversed with those here, and they had all been brought together by some strenuous circumstances.

Sarah was glad that someone had started this conversation. In retrospect it may have been quite humorous to think about the mute girl inviting a group of people to have conversations, 'hm. Food for the thought later.'

She turned her attention back after the prickly one named, Ibuki, had provided insight into his ability of cancellation. This was the point where she should probably introduce herself as well. She had done quite a bit of thinking before falling asleep last night, trying to make heads or tails, of her power. It definitely had something to do with the mind and it had seemed that whatever she wanted those guys to see, they saw it.

She stood up to draw a little more attention to herself, since it was pretty hard to do so otherwise, then she looked at Acantha. "Would you mind translating for me? Thanks! Well, the name's Sarah, and first of all let me welcome you to my humble abode! Even if it isn't in the best of circumstances. I am not really sure what the extent of my power is but the only thing that I could think it could be is Illusions." She signed while smiling. "If you haven't eaten yet then please, feel free to do so, I think that we'll all have a lot to talk about today. It would do everyone some good to have a full stomach before we continue on." After her graceful introduction, overlook the fact that she looked exactly like she had just finished working out (which she had), then she felt pretty good about it!

She hadn't even been in this town for more than a couple months and already she had her first party here, got attacked by a bunch of armed men, patched up a few gunshots, and discovered that she had superpowers! This was looking to be quite the exciting adventure!

Zeke was thankful to see that Bai was acting herself and that she wasn't reading him the riot act for being about while wounded. He sat down still not hungry after having nearly thrown up bile and acid mere moments ago. Using my power too much seems to harm me physically. Definitely need to restrain from pushing myself too hard. Suddenly the girl he'd spoken to the night before popped in and started talking about introducing themselves and describing their powers. Great, I have to explain some crazy shit even though that's why I DIDN'T want to go to the hospital. He took a deep breath and listened to each of them. Eira had cryokinetics, Aileen had a necrotic touch/aura, Bai had super human strength, Acantha was a telekinetic, Ibuki could nullify powers and Sarah could create illusions. So far, all the powers, save Aileen and Eira's seemed.....tame in comparison to his own. How would they react to him? What would they think?

Heaving a sigh, Zeke stood up and looked at the group. "Guess I'll go next." He looked at them all. "Zeke Aberci, I'm a junior alongside Bai. And to be honest, I think that I can manipulate time. Though the safest thing I can do is slow down time for a few seconds. Anything else has proven to be.......harmful. Whether to myself or my target." Zeke scratched the back of his head. "If anyone wants proof, I'll gladly show you, but it won't be hard to mistake it for super speed." Zeke picked up a fork beside him, turned away from Ibuki and took a few steps. I don't need him interfering with my power. Zeke pulled back and threw the fork as hard as he could. As soon as it flew a couple of feet, Zeke felt his power come over him. He walked casually over to where the fork was, mid-air, and grabbed it before time sped back up. "Ta-dah." Zeke joked as he played around with the fork, spinning it around within his grasp. Zeke thought about the powers and the issues they might face.

Zeke walked back over to Bai and Aileen before sitting. "We've all revealed to whoever was after Uriel that we have powers. More than likely that makes us all targets. Base on that, none of us should be alone for a while." Zeke threw his fork onto the middle of the table with disinterest. "That being said, I think Ibuki and I should stick close to Aileen and Eira. Their powers are the most dangerous to people around them when uncontrolled and our powers," Zeke pointed to himself and Ibuki, "Seem to be able to counteract them. That is if y'all are okay with it. I don't want to seem bossy or anything." He motioned to the three of them. To be honest, Zeke just wanted to go home and check in on Valencia, but he knew he had a responsibility to use his power to help. Plus, there was no guarantee that his family would be safe if the soldiers were watching him or the others.

DgfzfHn.png

dmI1Kg1.png

█▀▄ With: The Group █▀▄ Where: Mess Hall

Bai was the first to comment on his course joke, with a proper scolding. It wasn't her words but her eyes that cut him, Uriel's typhoon of emotion almost made him cry from the remark. He grabbed his first and took a deep breath, in that brief moment more people came and joined them. It was Nat's voice that brought him back, asking about his wellbeing. "I could be worst... Was told to not walk on my leg. So ergo I'm in a wheelchair..." His voice was subdued, as his whole tone was forlorn. Uriel took another breath as he composed himself. It a girl named Eira that sparked the next discussion. Their powers. Each person introduced themselves and described their abilities. Eira, a cryokinetic, interesting could be extremely powerful if used properly. Aileen had a necrotic power, Uriel shuttered to know what that truly meant. Bai had super strength but Uriel saw that in action. Acantha was telekinetic, was her powers similar to his did they have the limits he did? Ibuki could possibly nullify powers he did seem to sure. Sarah motioned Acantha and began to sign; Sarah could cast illusions. Zeke's power he was familiar with it was super speed... 'Oh it's time dilation or time bubble...?' Zeke demonstrated and was correct that it just looked like super speed.

Uriel piped up next. "I'm Uriel Larazus, I'm a junior... And my powers complicated... It has to do with metal. Best way to describe it is, I am tethered to all metal around me. I can 'push' or 'pull' on it and it will move relative to me. But then there is the weight aspect which I still don't understand. It seems have a lot of nuances, oh and aluminum. Just found out can't affect it." He finished by pulling the fork Zeke was messing with to his hand. He gave a half heartened smile. Uriel dropped his glaze and got quiet. Zeke seemed to be taking a leadership role, or a least giving some possible direction. "Until we get a hold of these powers that isn't a bad idea... No offense... Actually, if we can go somewhere safe maybe we could test out our powers? Get a feel on how they work. Sarah...?" He had to think about who brought them here. "Anywhere we could try?"

Nathaniel Evans

Vampire Geek - Gravitokinetic - Goth Kid

"They're out there, and someday I will find one."

a
With: [The others]
Mood: [Embarrassed]

The big guy from the night before entered the tent after Nathaniel, taking a look at the state of the other injured guy and commenting that he thought he'd had it bad. To be fair, his injury had been worse, but he was clearly more used to pain and getting messed up and, since his hadn't been in the leg, he could still walk. He was followed by Aileen and the grumpy, unsocial guy from before.

As they walked in, the boy responded to him, saying it could have been worse in a subdued manner, looking forlorn. Nathaniel felt for him- it could not have been easy. Not only being the target of those scary men from last night, but getting injured and not being able to walk.

At that point, the pleasant purple-haired girl had joined them and given everyone her name and power, and suggested that they all do the same, which Nat thought was a good idea. He repeated the names and abilities to himself in his mind after each introduction, trying to make sure he remembered.

Eira- cryokinetic. Aileen- necrotic? He looked over at this friend and saw how worried she was. He wanted to put a comforting arm around her and talk it over, but knew that now wasn't the time. He felt bad that she'd had to deal with this on her own and felt bad for not noticing, not being around to help.

The introductions continued.

Bai- superstrength. Acantha- telekinetic. Ibuki- power cancellation. Sarah- illusions. Those were interesting ones.

Zeke- time manipulation. Then finally Uriel- control over metal.

Nat watched in awe as they demonstrated their abilities using a fork, remarking how strange it was that the two injured people were the only ones who had exerted extra effort to show everyone what they could do. Nathaniel briefly considered doing the same, but quickly decided against it. He rose nervously.

"Guess I'm last. My name's Nathaniel, though most people call me Nat. I'm..." he broke off uncertainly. "Well, to be honest, I'm not sure what I am, but I woke up suspended upside-down over my bed yesterday, and then this morning I managed to make myself sort of... float sideways with my feet on the side of a tent? I don't know..." He scratched the back of his head ruefully, wishing he didn't sound so dumb. Everyone else basically knew what their power was, but he felt like he couldn't even describe his without looking like an idiot.

He sat back down at the bench and resumed eating his food, cheeks burning with embarrassment.

OOC: Aww, poor Nat ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back