• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Power Rangers: Dragonspire

Malsuphur

The Magnificent Manbeard
My idea for this is a bit on the PG-13 side. It's basically Power Rangers if it was created by Marvel. I will be playing Prince Eyran Alderghast, a young royal mage from an alternate Earth. Traditionally, the Alderghast Family is guarded by an elite order of great warriors known as the Power Rangers. These heroes attune themselves to the Dragonspire, a tall crystal tower in the center of the Royal Courtyard at Edenstone Palace in Sapphire City, which corresponds to Portland, Oregon on our Earth.

To start, I want a single person to play the female Commander of the Power Rangers -- I'll let you choose which color you want for her. However, I want to keep all powers/colors corresponding with various elements:
Red: Fire Magic
Blue: Water/Ice Magic
Yellow: Sand/Rock Magic
Green: Animal/Beast Magic
Pink/Purple: Flower/Plant Magic
Black:
Shadow Magic
White: Light Magic

As for Eyran, he is not attuned to the Dragonspire since the royal families have inborn magical powers based around weather and storms. Generally their powers are better suited to relief and support rather than direct combat, but they can channel destructive lightning when necessary. During the days of the Old Realm Wars, royal mages would send heavy storms cascading over enemy strongholds while the armies of Power Rangers crashed through the gates. The magic of the Rangers is deeply embedded in martial discipline, similar to benders in the Avatar world, whereas the royal mages are more like wizards and sorcerers. Also, unlike the PR show, they do not don tights and helmets in the same way. Depending on what the other writers who come on board want, we may have them shift into ninja-like suits or perhaps summon color-coded crystal armor suits. This is open for debate.

So, to start, there will be Eyran and the female Commander of the Power Rangers. After a period of relative peace, the Crystallean Kingdom is invaded by the Korsaedish Imperium to the east, headquartered in the Imperial City of Korsaedes, corresponding to New York City on our Earth. During the unexpected attack, General Mavston Hurk of the First Imperial Legion is able to breach the walls of Sapphire City, lead his soldiers into Edenstone Palace, and attempt to take control of the Dragonspire for Imperial use. During the ensuing clash, the Dragonspire is shattered, leading to a massive magical explosion that rips open the Veil between worlds, creating a massive rift that Eyran falls through. The Commander leaps in after him, and they both fall through the rift and land in a wooded hill in Portland, as well as a chunk of the Dragonspire.

The rift closes behind them, and now they are trapped in a world they do not know. Nearby are a group of teenagers who witness their arrival, and are a bit shocked at first. But then when the rift reopens and a team of Imperial soldiers arrive, the Dragonspire chunk responds, breaking into seven shards, each corresponding to a color of the Power Spectrum. The crystal matching the Commander's color goes to her, while the other six go to the teenagers, played by the other writers who join the RP. In the event we get less than eight writers total (including myself and the person who plays the Commander), the other shards can be on hold for future Rangers to join the roster, either as new writers or alt characters for existing ones.

So, the teens get a taste of this power and feel the Calling, a magical urge to protect the Royal Family and the Dragonspire and to uphold honor and decency. After this, other teams of Imperials and monsters are sent through the rift periodically, which we defeat as a team. It becomes apparent that the rift can only be opened for a few seconds before it slams shut, and whenever the General tries to go through, his massive dark aura is repelled by the Veil, keeping him trapped on the other side. It infuriates him that he must keep sending weaker men and monsters through the rift since he cannot cross over to our world himself. In the equivalent of a season-long arc, General Hurk keeps researching ways to open a permanent rift that he can cross, as he wants to personally kill the last living member of the Alderghast Family and he needs to unify the Dragonspire again to fully control its power.

We can expand the story further once other writers are on board and we can brainstorm together. I haven't factored in Zords yet, but we may incorporate them as spiritual dragon mounts that we can summon, named so after Zordon of Eltar, a great Elder Dragon who created the Dragonspire centuries ago and commanded the first team of Power Rangers to defend Eyran's ancestors. The Zords can take the form of small lizards or household pets when not in combat, transform into horse-sized dragons when needed, and for the more intense battles, they can use Biosynthesis to merge with their Rangers to create eight foot tall humanoid dragon warriors. But this is not written in stone yet.

Dragon theme cool I was a bit upset when the current sentai turned out to be dinosaur knight themed instead of Dragon knight themed.

I don't really care which color.

Welcome everyone! Ilikepie, since all the other colors are now claimed, blue is the only one left, so are you cool with that one?

Here's how it breaks down from what I've seen:

Jel.XP: White Ranger
Ilikepie: Blue Ranger
Huntrey: Purple Ranger
aDistraction: Red Ranger
Rosar.io: Yellow Ranger
KameronEsters: Green Ranger
Aura of Twilight: Black Ranger

So that's all seven shards. So now the question is, who wants to play the Commander? It's important to me that she is a strong female, because female leaders are sorely lacking in Power Ranger media.

Awesome! I hope we all write well together :D. I'd love it if we all can display literary prowess with professional quality :D.

Ah darn. I got to this late. Is it possible for there to be a bumbling sidekick/Bulk and Skull type character?

If not, that's totally cool. I'll probably still read the story anyway. :)

This could be a farcry, but you could be a a ranger of the wind (a magic that isn't covered for some reason)

Well I didn't include wind as a power because that falls into the weather/storm powerset of Eyran :D. But I'm sure we could find a place for you, Trekrek. You could start out as a normal human helping out the team, and then eventually we somehow discover a secret eighth power, and you become the Platinum Ranger with power over electromagnetic fields and metals like Magneto. In the event we get another person interested, there could be a second secret power to let someone become the Phantom Ranger, who can freely pass between worlds through the Veil and has ghost-like powers.

I wonder what type of weird power ups will happen later in the story. The image is Team Oddball from the sentai strongest battle miniseries which is why 3 reds are hanging out with a pink and an orange ranger.

1564777624086.png

Huntrey and I were discussing some ideas while talking about the Commander, but I'm waiting until we've finalized those talks before posting everything publicly. I will say, though, that we are leaning towards me playing the Commander as an older female NPC who lost her powers, while Huntrey plays the Commander's granddaughter who is experienced enough to be the Team Leader but still young enough to fit in with the teens. If we go this route, the Commander would be kind of like the team's Zordon, staying back at base to provide training and field support through a comm system. Once Huntrey and I have decided on how we want to incorporate the Commander and possibly her granddaughter, I will include it in the official OOC thread. I am looking to have a CS template and the OOC up within the next 24 hours, so we'll see.

I was also thinking of ways the colored powers can be displayed in a form similar to martial arts and bending, as described. You are each free to interpret this as you want, but here are some ideas:

Red: Firebending
Blue: Waterbending
Yellow: Earthbending
Green: Perhaps embody/shift into different animals similar to Beast Boy, animal-themed fighting stances, a berserker mode, heightened senses and claws like Wolverine, etc.
Purple: A powerset similar to plant Pokemon, perhaps vine whips and throwing daggers in the form of leaves and rose thorns, or razor-sharp rose petals or something.
Black: Something similar to Raven from Teen Titans or perhaps a Dark Knight from FFXIV.
White: Perhaps the equivalent of a Cleric or Paladin, or power over different aspects of light itself, shooting out laser beams from their hands and creating illusions and deceptions by distorting data carried by photons.
Platinum: As previously stated, perhaps power over the electromagnetic spectrum and control of metals.
Phantom: Something distinctly different from whatever type of power the Black Ranger ends up with, more in line with ghosts and spirits. Perhaps they have density shifting like Martian Manhunter to become a phantom and they can pierce the Veil and see into the Spirit Realm. Maybe summon spiritual guides like a shaman.

These are all suggestions, and you are each free to interpret your powers as you wish, so long as they align with the color/element you chose and they are in some way dependent on martial discipline in the same way bending is in the Avatar world. Since martial arts are always a large aspect of any Power Rangers team, I want to make sure that is incorporated.

EDIT: Also, I wanted to add that each power is dependent on the flow of Aether, and whenever a Ranger is spawning in fire, water, rock, plant, ect. they are doing so by channeling the Aether in the air around them to condense into physical form. This is also how they create any suits they wear and weapons they wield and then when they power down everything created evaporated back into the Aether. In this regard, we will use the Aether to refer to both a realm of energy permeating all worlds and as the energy summoned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back