• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Post Apocalyptic Fantasy

What races should be included?

• Total voters

Desert Rose

Adored Muse
First of there has been a lot of hype for post apocalyptic type rps whether it be mad max inspired or zombie inspired.

I just got into the Mad Max series and actually have found a new liking for the world setting that I never seemed to be into before.

I am a fantasy rper through and through, so I figured why not combined the two?

In a world with plenty of fantasy races in a post Apocalypse world where not only food and supplies are scarce but so is magic.

Anyways it's still a work in progress and I figured I'd throw out an interest check to see if anyone would like to give it a try or not.

If this does become a thing I would like it to be a detailed rp.

Lore Content

Last edited:
I honestly wasn't sure if it was a silly idea to try. I just don't want to put in a significant amount of effort and have 0 interest.

I quite like the Mad Max aesthetic, and to see that blended with something a little more fantastical and surreal is certainly an entertaining idea and far from silly if you ask me.

I don't know much about Mad Max other than the Rick and Morty episode that parodied it but I'm sort of curious.

The fact that you mention Rick and Morty makes you awesome! lol
My teacher said to me I'm a failure, that I'll never amount to anything. I scoffed at him. Shocked, my teacher asked what's so funny, my future is on the line. "Well...you see professor" I say as the teacher prepares to laugh at my answer, rebuttal at hand. "I watch Rick and Morty." The class is shocked, they merely watch pleb shows like the big bang theory to feign intelligence, not grasping the humor. "...how? I can't even understand it's sheer nuance and subtlety." "Well you see...WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!" One other student laughs in the back, I turn to see who this fellow genius is. It's none other than Albert Einstein.

From what I gleaned from said episode, one of the effects of the apocalyptic whatever (I think it was a nuclear weapon) was loss of recorded knowledge that resulted in societal degradation. Assuming that both the episode and my memory are accurate, what if magic gains traction due to some cosmic imbalance instead of being forgotten like everything else?

My teacher said to me I'm a failure, that I'll never amount to anything. I scoffed at him. Shocked, my teacher asked what's so funny, my future is on the line. "Well...you see professor" I say as the teacher prepares to laugh at my answer, rebuttal at hand. "I watch Rick and Morty." The class is shocked, they merely watch pleb shows like the big bang theory to feign intelligence, not grasping the humor. "...how? I can't even understand it's sheer nuance and subtlety." "Well you see...WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!" One other student laughs in the back, I turn to see who this fellow genius is. It's none other than Albert Einstein.

From what I gleaned from said episode, one of the effects of the apocalyptic whatever (I think it was a nuclear weapon) was loss of recorded knowledge that resulted in societal degradation. Assuming that both the episode and my memory are accurate, what if magic gains traction due to some cosmic imbalance instead of being forgotten like everything else?

Magic isn't going to be forgotten it's just going to be scarce. I don't want it to be predominant so not everyone can wield it. Whether it be they used to and no longer can or just not have it. I'm not quite sure yet. I"m still working on the setting

Magic isn't going to be forgotten it's just going to be scarce. I don't want it to be predominant so not everyone can wield it. Whether it be they used to and no longer can or just not have it. I'm not quite sure yet. I"m still working on the setting
I appreciate that. It's very easy to create a world in which magic is a large predominant force and abnormally common. Personally, I think magic loses it's overall punch when it becomes the norm.

I know you said detailed, but how often are you hoping for people to post? Daily, weekly?

for detailed rp I usually extend it to be at least once a week.

Always quality over quantity but a good detail rp can usually consist of 2-5 paragraphs at minimum.

Since there is quite a few of you now I'll get something set up and a bit of the background and lore written up today, if all goes as planned :)

I'm super interested, I love post apoc stories. I'm just super curious about the setting since post apoc usually involves some kind of destroyed civilization, and fantasy creatures are usually set in worlds like skyrim or lord of the rings. And in those settings it's a bit hard to tell if it's post apoc since it's basically 90% wildlands anyways haha.

It does sound a bit Adventure Time-ish though. Like the fantasy creatures came to be because of how civilization was destroyed. So color me excited and interested!

I mean why can't a fantasy world be in a desert wasteland? Why does it have to be all green alive and happy? I mean for example Lord of the Rings had Mordor and that certainly wasn't lively and green and rainbows.

The infamous Dark Sun D&D setting is also a very good example of deathly desert fantasy.

I mean why can't a fantasy world be in a desert wasteland? Why does it have to be all green alive and happy? I mean for example Lord of the Rings had Mordor and that certainly wasn't lively and green and rainbows.

Oh i'm not saying it can't be, in fact i even mentioned Lord of the Rings in my post. I'm just wondering what kind of post apoc world you're gonna create. My post wasn't a criticism, i'm just wondering what your idea is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back