Porthca Landing I: Memory of the Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachfront:

From Ben's words, both Malia and Rich looked at him with concern, Rich adding, "Don't forget Lord Benito, your family is not the only one that's suffered from this."

With a nod from Malia she turned back towards the sea elemental: "What challenge would the Sea give us?" The wheel in the center of the elemental began to spin faster in its chest, almost becoming a blur , the elemental leaned forward in the summoning circle and spoke in a voice very different than expected -- that of a woman, and one Cate recognized.

There's a hint of a smirk in the words as they echo across the beach, "So many little ones ... ones who want something of me! Whispers of scared sailors in a storm, the murmurs of a captain concerned of mutiny ... such wonderful notes as they drift through the waters, yet it is your shouts that draw my attention now." The elemental sat up as its pseudo-head looked across the group, "You offer to do a task, hm?" Its gaze fixed itself on Ben for a moment, "It hurts you think I would attack others during a bargain," a strong wind blew in from the water, "I could easily wipe this small village from the map if I so wished. Yet I do not, for only specific lives are tied to me." The wind faded as a woman's laugh was heard, "But to business: if you wish something from me, you must retrieve something for me."

The Elemental's equivalent of a hand raised and pointed further inland, away from the sea, "Years ago, a thief came to my domain and stole a pearl from my collection. Amused with himself, he ran away from the waters and out of my reach, leaving my treasure to rot on the land. Find it, and return it to the Sea. Then I will hear your request." Returning to a kneeling position the wheel inside the elemental slowed to stillness, and it merely sat dumbly staring at Malia.

At the words from who Tyrius could only imagine was The Sea, he vaguely recalled an old folk tale about a master thief who was said to be able to steal anything from the gods and hide it in The Sinking Plains. One of the things the thief was said to have stolen was the sparkle from waves.

"I vaguely remember an old folk tale about a master thief, said to be able to steal items nobody thought could be stolen that might be connected to this," Tyrius said, "Anyone else remember that story? About the thief that could steal the rustle from leaves and hide them around the plains?"

Ben watched the elemental as its form shifted and it became an avatar for The Sea. "Most of the stories I grew up with centered around sailing, superstition, and my family." He squeezed his hands tight, resisting the urge to grab his bow and riddle the creature with arrows. He knew it would be a mistake. Instead he continued his discussion, "So we do this task and then you'll hear our request. What if there's another task once the request has been heard? What if the request is declined? I thought we were making a deal now, not chasing folk tales so we'll be heard." The anger caught in his throat, it seemed no matter how hard they worked toward a resolution, the Sea would always steal it from him. "It seems we have no choice. Lord Silverbane; Tyruis, my friend, would you welcome us into your home so we might hear the legends of your homeland and complete this task?" There was a quiver of frustration in his voice, but he kept his focus.

Tyrius nodded, "I'd be honored to, Ben. I'm sure my parents will be happy to put the manor to some use." He could sense that Ben was frustrated and Tyrius understood his friend's frustrations.

'Not to mention we should move quickly. Last thing we need is to return to Porthca and find all the other nobles were killed in the interim.'

Ander came up beside Benito and placed his hand on his shoulder. "We all only want the safety of your family and the people of this city." He lowered his head, "I don't know much about these kinds of things, but if we can do somethin', no matter how rediculous it seems, I think we should."

Ander wasn't thrilled by the thought of appeasing a great primordial being, and the fact that he didn't recall Lathander having anything stolen did not help his resolve. He had to convince himself that this was not a mission for him, it was to protect innocents.

Just when it occurred to Virra to try to speak into the Sea's mind, its voice fell silent and the elemental returned to its original self. She kept one eye on it as she moved around to get closer to the rest of the group. "Guess that's that, then. If we're gonna go story-hunting again, we should make it quick." Still not looking at Ben, she ground some sand beneath her feet and glanced out to the ocean. "Did anyone else notice that she didn't actually say she wouldn't hurt people during a bargain? Or that Lestone wouldn't," she added. She continued to fidget, rocking back and forth on her heels before abruptly stopping. "I hate this. Running off to do her errands," she muttered.

Eliza stared stunned at the creature. Oh, she was simply crazy to worry about cutting herself off from magic after leaving the college. “Did we just speak to the actual Sea now...and survived?”

Two days with the group and she had already seen more, and done more than she could have ever imagined.

“I agree with Vira, the sooner we get this done with, the sooner we can come back and witness this thing again. I will make sure not to forget writing notes next time.”

Staring longingly at Malia, the wizard was bursting with questions but figured there would be better times and places for such things in the future.

Dawn of the Fourth Day
Arriving into Port ...

Interestingly the waves around this port have been quite calm, the ship easing into the harbor almost silently, only the sound of the wind through the rigging and the movements of the crew echoing out over the water. However, Banrigg, as you lean against the edge of the ship, looking at the next step in your long journey, movement catches your eye further along the shore -- something that calls to you. Something tied to your own strange abilities and ties to the water ... it's difficult to make out, even with your sight in the dark, but the sound resonates with you: the crash of waves, the gentle roar of the wind across the waters. However the ship continues coasting into port and the buildings block your sight, the resonating sound fading as the low din of Porthca itself takes over. The crew you arrive with ignore you in their attempts to get everything ready to disembark -- many of them eager to be on land once again, tired of being on the water.

The captain of the ship comes to stand next to Banrigg, handing him his few items, "Well then, lad. Here we are, t'mighty Porthca. Yer help on the ship was 'preciated, specially with catchin' meals on the way. Hope yer travels treat ya well goin' forward."

---

Arriving at the top of Porthca ...

So much walking ... so much travel. Finally the ache that has been building for so long begins to settle as the Salted Knight looks down into the port of Porthca, the noise like a wave washing over them as they got nearer and nearer. It's almost dizzying to look down at a city, to see it all laid out before oneself. The lights of the various houses outlining the streets, though off to the side there's a very obvious darkness, only a few lights sprinkled through it.

A familiar sense directs the Knight's head to look further down, straining their eyes in the dark to notice something happening on the shore, far down and below -- the ache grew more intense for a moment until it faded, leaving them gasping, clutching at their ring. Somehow ... whatever that was down there was important. Something to be investigated ... but for now, the next step would be to find rest.

---

Stepping out of a carriage within Porthca ...

The noise of this place, even at night never seemed to stop -- echoing back and forth from the waters to the cliff walls and back into the city. However, at least you had finally gotten here, and now it was time to attempt to set up shipping routes and funding for ventures and businesses. As you had been taught all your life, money must flow. You'd heard a few of the "noble" families here were good for such things, notably the De'Porthcas and the Accmours, however with the hour of your arrival, it would be too late to attempt negotiations. It wouldn't be proper. For now, you merely inform the carriage driver to drive you towards a reputable inn for the night. Tomorrow will be the day to begin everything.

---

Beachfront:

After the spell finally faded, the Elemental shifting back into the sea, taking the ship wheel with it, Malia collapsed in the sand with a tired sigh. Kneeling next to her, Richeye helped raise her back to her feet as he looked at the group, "It seems we all know what we need to do now. Not the best circumstances, but a task is better than floundering around blindly." Nodding across the group, they began the trek back into Porthca proper, Benito appearing busy with his own thoughts as they went.

Splitting as they got into Porthca proper, Malia and Richeye worked their way back to the Defallian Manor while the others began their route towards the De'Porthca manor, only to be intercepted by one of the fellow priests at Cate's temple -- informing her the Father had a complication. The group following her as she ran back to the temple, they arrived to see Father Uskough in his small simple bed, appearing to be in pain. At any attempt for healing he weakly pushed them away, muttering, "It's my pain t'bear, an' always has been. Sometimes though ... there's only so much one body can take through the years." His old eyes focused on Cate as he smiled, "I'm not worried ... this temple will continue long after this silly dwarf passes on. Eirene will be a great Mother, and I know you can help keep the others in line ..." He patted Cate's hand once, twice, thrice ... then fell limp -- the room seeming to eat any noise as the realization of his passing moved through everyone present.

The acolytes took a moment of silence before Cate led out the group from the beach, pulling them aside to tell them that with what just happened, she couldn't leave Porthca right now. Losing the Father would take awhile to recover from, but if they ever needed a warm meal, they merely needed to visit. Before they continue on wards to the Manor, Virra pulls Cate aside for the measuring she promised, though the mood is muted. Collecting the measurements, the group leaves, finally arriving at the Manor where Anthol and Sidwae had stayed up waiting -- unsure if anyone would return at all.

Benito, still irritated at the way the Sea had acted, brought both of them up to speed, however when he stated interested to go along with the group, Anthol shook his head sadly. Being the only De'Porthca left of age to take on the family, it was too risky to leave -- instead he would have to learn how to delegate, and craft a group to hopefully take on the task for him. A conversation for the morning for sure, Anthol added -- mentioning the servants would have baths and clothes ready for the group so they could recover and be ready for the coming days.

---

Dawn of the Fourth day:

Banrigg finds himself waking in a simple inn he found in the port, named the Tuckered Kraken. Its bed had been comfortable enough, but now the pleasant scent of bacon and eggs draws him from his bed.

Stumbling through the city at night, the Salted Knight had also landed in the Tuckered Kraken, the barkeeper giving them a strange look, but taking their coin all the same. Traveling with nothing much but rations, the same smell of cooking food gave an ache both in their stomach, but in their chest -- a longing that seemed paralleled as they wake.

Further into Porthca Tristan awakes, resting in the comfortable bed of the Sleepy Werewolf -- a strange alehouse his driver had brought him to, claiming it was the higher class inn for visitors. Waking and buried under soft blankets, a faint chatter comes from the main room of the building, smells of toast, bacon, eggs, and fruits waft his direction.

Those waking in the De'Porthca Manor find themselves once more greeted with the breakfast buffet, though Ben and Winston are last to arrive to table, informing the group that since Ben is staying, Winston intends to begin his work as an employee of the De'Porthcas as soon as possible -- staying to help protect Ben as well as the family if anything were to happen.

The day is upon you all ...

Last edited:
Rising groggily from their sleep, the fully armored figure that lay in a cheap bed in the Tuckered Kraken muttered a few words in a guttural language as they blinked away the salt that had formed over their soft, amber eyes as they slept, the only part of their face that was visible through their helmet. He glanced down to his right hand, knowing that his family legacy was still where he had left it the night prior. Ugh. The worst part of having you is the morning crust. A sudden, but violent rumbling came from his stomach, and he groaned. Alright, alright, I'll get us some food! He pushed himself out of bed and stretched before picking up his pack and slinging it over his shoulders, followed by a sturdy looking kite shield that kept his pack secure. Glancing around the sparse room, the knight confirmed that he wasn't missing anything and left the shabby room behind.

Entering the main room of the tavern, the knight quickly made his way over to the barkeep, and spoke in a low, smooth and casual voice. "'Scuse me, pardner. Thanks fer accommodatin' me last night. I'd be much obliged if ya could scrounge up some grub fer a traveler like myself. It's been a heck of a long road, if I do say so myself."

Virra, not feeling quite herself, had slept in late and got up in a surly mood that not even a breakfast buffet could cure. Maybe she had been anticipating the news that Ben and Winston wouldn't be accompanying her and the others in the investigation anymore. Just like Cate.

"Huh," she said, then took her fork and started pushing a bit of egg around on her plate. What was this... the third morning she'd woken up under the same roof, surrounded by the same people? Hardly a new record, but she could already feel the familiar restlessness creeping up on her again. She didn't want to go chasing stories at the Silverbane household. She didn't want to keep talking with that thing called the Sea like it deserved to be respected. She didn't even want to make those shoes for Cate. Everything was losing its fun. Turning stale.

When you think about it, you've already solved the murders...

She shut her eyes tight and breathed deep, legs crossed on the chair beneath her.

Banrigg had never woken up so quickly in his entire life. The smell of bacon and eggs almost pulled him upright as he rubbed his stormy gray eyes. The dwarf began to rummage in his tattered leather pack for some clothes, having slept only in a pair of short trousers. He settled for a sleevless tunic and a plain pair of pants, and forced his feet into his boots as he tried to hustle out the door. Banrigg took one quick look back at his messy room, with the sheets half on the floor, and half of his belongings strewn about and thought, "Bah," shutting the door behind him.

Banrigg clambered up onto a barstool near a fully armored human, not even sparing him a glance as the dwarf excitedly asked the barkeep, "Mornin'. Be that bacon and eggs I'm smellin'? If so, how much for an extremely 'ealthy serving?" Finally glancing at the human nearby, he added "After you 'elp his gentl'man here first, o' course. Sorry bou' that lad."

The Tuckered Kraken:

Braen nodded between the two hungry patrons, yelling over his shoulder, "Gonna need s'more grub out 'ere! Two plates!" A grunt was heard from behind the doors as the sound of food added to a pan could be heard, and the smell started up even stronger.

Returning to wiping down the counter he first replied the Knight, "Aye ... you looked mighty tuckered when ya stumbled in. Amazed y'could manage t'string a sentence together if'm honest. Must'a traveled by land, aye?" Shifting his attention to Banrigg he grinned, "Ah breakfast 's just a silver 'ere. Two silver if you be wantin' extra, an if I know my dwarves, they tend t'go for that extra helpin'. Or, as ya say, an 'extremely 'ealthy servin'."

After a moment the doors behind him opened, a barmaid bringing out two plates -- both steaming fresh from the stove yet, a few cuts of bacon, scrambled eggs and a wedge of bread -- and set them before the pair. Resting on the bar Braen leaned in, "If I may ask, neither of ya got the smell of Porthca on ya just yet, nor the smell of the sea. Well, 'cept you -- Banrigg if'm rememberin' right? Don't got a sailor's stench to ya' though. You lot passin' through or here to join us at the bottom of th' cliff?"

The knight turned, a little surprised by Banrigg's sudden arrival. "Er, no problem there, pardner. I'm awful familiar with the feelin' of an empty stomach after a long night. Makes manners feel a mite bit less important than that next meal at times." He let out an easy chuckle before turning to face the bartender. "Hope I didn't cause ya much concern. I figure I pushed it a mite bit too much last night, but I was sick and tired of campin' out." At the discussion of pay, the knight reached into his coin purse and pulled out a single gold coin, setting it down on the bar top. "For myself, and my new friend here." Looking back over to Banrigg, his tone was pleasant. "Hopin' ya don't mind, but I believe in doin' somethin' kind fer others whenever I get somewhere new. Sets the tone fer my visit, if that makes any sense to ya."

The knight's eyes widened in anticipation when he saw the meals get brought out, and he watched them intently, and was about to dig in before Braen asked his last question. The knight thought to himself carefully for a long moment before answering. "I suppose I'll be 'round long as 'round the town is where I need ta be. Hopefully that won't be too long, seein' as I've got unfinished business elsewhere." Opting to not elaborate further, the knight reached up and finally removed his helmet to reveal an older man, looking to be in about his sixties. He gave the dwarf a warm smile, and his eyes twinkled with a strange youthfulness. "Well, eat up, pardner." He leaned over and began to eat with surprisingly refined mannerisms.

Stumbling back to the manor after the events of the draining day, Eliza headed directly to her room. She was going to miss Cate on the trip but at least she had a good reason for staying. Ben, on the other hand, was going to be in danger anywhere. Wasn't this whole thing started because nobles were dying in their very own beds?

She knew she was being irrational but she wished he was joining them, the idea of traveling with complete strangers unnerved her and she thought about getting a job like Winston and staying in the manor but she couldn't throw away her only opportunity at experiencing more magic.

Feeling a nip on her finger, she picked up Faust, "Well, not completely alone anyway, and Vira will be there too and she seems nice enough."

Picking up her wand, she smiled wide. "At least I finally learned how to pack like a wizard!" Swishing her wand in a figure-8 pattern, thin golden strands floated from her wand towards her belongings and started pushing them towards her open bag. It wasn't very accurate, took much longer, and the inside of her bag looked like a complete mess now, but the wizard was ecstatic from finally getting the hang of another spell. "Just needs a bit more practice."

Grabbing her walking stick, she took one last glance at the disheveled room, before hurriedly closing the door and heading towards the dining room. "Ok, maybe a lot more practice is needed."

Taking her seat at the table she resisted the urge to magic the pitcher of milk towards her, and turned to Vira. "Good morning, are you ready for the trip?"

Tristan wakes almost with the sun, taking his time in the morning to go through his prayers and make sure he looks presentable--it's important to make a good first impression, after all--before the smell of breakfast begins to drift into his room. Satisfied with his appearance, he heads out of his room and towards the sounds of conversation, eager to hear what the people in this new town consider conversation-worthy.

Banrigg nodded in agreement to the knights sentiment, and almost as if on cue, his stomach rumbled loudly. He turned back to face the barkeep, craning his neck around to see if any food might be coming out, and as such he was slow on the uptake when coin was being presented. Banrigg leaned back in his seat as he dug out a silver piece. He noticed the pleasant tone of the older knight, and matched it with a friendly tone of his own, however friendliness was difficult when he was so hungry. “That’s migh’y kind of ye lad, but at least allow me to pay fer my second ‘elping. Just don’ seem right to put ye out so much just ‘cause I eat like an ogre.”

Banrigg’s face was almost comically excited as the food was brought out. To a bystander, it would look like he hadn’t eaten in days by the sheer ferocity that he dug into his meal, letting the older knight answer the barkeep’s question before him. Banrigg’s eyes rolled back in his head as he let out an audible “mmmmm” as he devoured his first bite. Once the knight had finished answering, Banrigg forcibly swallowed the food that was in his mouth, before replying, “I just came in on Th’ Pathfinder, and I’m runnin’ low on funds currently. I’ll be lookin’ for work, so I’ll be in town for a bit. Do you have any suggestions as to where an ‘onest dwarf might get some work? I ‘appen to be a pretty good fisherman.”

Waking up in the guest bedroom of the De'Porthca Manor, Tyrius was glad he'd slept so well he couldn't think. He remembered what happened after the beach. Tyrius couldn't blame Cate for staying behind under the circumstances.
'I'm also glad I sent the messages up to Wyford, give my parents a chance so they're not caught by surprise.' thought Tyrius as he got a shirt, trousers and his shoes on before heading for breakfast.
Eating a lot more than he had the previous day, and drinking at least three cups of strong black coffee along with downing five strips of bacon, Tyrius listened as Ben and Winston informed them of their plans.
'Hopefully Ben and Sidwae don't get under each other's feet too much,' thought Tyrius to himself, 'though with what's happened, they may end up growing to like each other's company.'
"Anyone got anything urgent they need to get done today?" asked Tyrius, thinking mostly of Ander but also of Virra and Eliza, unsure if they needed to resupply or not.

The Sleepy Werewolf:

Returning to the mainroom, Tristan finds himself amongst what he would likely assume to be merchants and nobles of the port -- well dressed and soft spoken, each eating their breakfasts with delicate movements and etiquette. Behind a counter to the side, a halfling woman waved to him, beckoning him over, "I remember you from the night prior -- even in the dim you were hard to miss. Didn't get a chance to introduce myself to you, name's Earda. What can I get you this morning? We have bread, fruit, meat, eggs, or perhaps some porridge if you're looking to eat healthier -- sprinkled with some cinnamon on top?"

The Tuckered Kraken:

Braen chuckled at the Knight, "Th'mount of sailors I get in here, half of em' can barely stand straight as it is, still got sea legs under em'." Nodding at the mention of both being travelers he added, "Well, if ya need t'know anythin' 'bout Porthca, I can prob'ly aim ya in the right direction. Born an' raised Porthcan, know this port better'n know my own home. First thing ya gotta know is th' four big Families 'round here. Considered nobles they are. There's th' Defallians, the De'Porthcas, the Accmours, an' the Tahyrst." Turning to look at Banrigg, "If ya wanna earn money fishin', the Defallians are th' ones to ask with. They deal with pretty much all th' food that comes into Porthca."

Nodding as another patron shouted an order from across the room, he filled a mug for a barmaid to deliver as he continued, "Dependin' on what you need ... er, Knight, if it's magic or money, the Accmours are the ones you need t'find. Tahyrsts are construction n' stoneworkers, De'Porthcas are transporters."

Ander awoke before the sun, preparing for his morning prayers in front of the window in his room. The view of dawn was not perfect, but he would make do. After his prayers, he went to polishing his armor and sword. The routine he had been keeping for nearly thirty years allowed his hands to work quickly without his mind needing to keep track. What an odd feeling. I have finally been given a quest that might prove that I deserve to wield the Morning Lord's blade, and it is given by some wannabe god/ primordial being. Is this the path to worthiness, or am I being lead on by the wrong beings?

He put his worries aside. He knew that protecting these people and this land was a task worth his time, regardless of who he was being forced to appease. He donned his armor and went downstairs, noticing that he must've been polishing for longer than he thought, being the last person there.

He noticed Virra looking a bit melancholy and began talking to her in his head. By the time she noticed him pointing his finger to his temple and squinting at her, proofing her to open up a line of communication, he was already in the middle of his thoughts. "... too upset about the others stayin' here. I think we can have a fun time going on a quest together. Trust me, I'd rather have you watchin' my back than a sneaky little thief or a spoiled brat with some fancy arrows. What could be more excitin' than goin' somewhere nobody's ever been bafor?" he smiled wide, dropping his hand, entirely certain that she heard every word.

At Tyrius' question, he looked around, trying to think. "I think once this cupp'a coffee is gone, I'll be ready ta go." He looked over to Joane, feeling a bit sad about leaving such a sweet kid, but he knew that she should be safe with her family, now.

Finishing his meal, the knight folded his napkin and set it down on the plate with a chuckle. "Pardon me sir, but call me Salt. Knight was my father's name. Gods darn if that weren't a tasty bite. " He grinned as he leaned back in his seat. "And ya have my thanks fer the information 'bout the city as well, though I already know a fair bit 'bout the merchant lords of Porthca. I'll pay em a visit if I need ta, but I don't expect ta need ta bother the city's regents. As fer my business... I suppose ya could say that I'm here on personal business."

The knight's expression grew more serious for a moment as he glanced down to his right hand. "I've got me some wrongs ta right. Shouldn't be long before I can deliver some long overdue justice. " He tightened his fist for a moment before looking over to the two he was speaking with. "Apologies fer that, gentlemen, seems I might've ruined the fine mood 'f this establishment. I best be getting moving awful soon. Hopefully I can get things wrapped before noon. This armor can get hot as the dickens in the high sun."

Virra was shaken out of her thoughts as Eliza took the nearest seat. Eliza. The one who'd started everything off, in her own way. She managed a small smile. "Sure. I mean, I still need to grab my stuff, but mentally, I guess I... you know." Wow, she really wasn't on form. She turned away and took a swig of grapefruit juice that made her screw her face up. Maybe if she just ate and drank until she was sick, she wouldn't be called on to participate in any of the grunt work.

Then she noticed Ander's intense stare and tilted her head curiously. It took a second for her to realise what he was trying to do and open the link, at which point she was immediately swept away in a rush of encouraging words. As he started to throw some barbs at Winston and Ben she giggled out loud, in full view of the rest of the table. "Well, you make a few good points," she said once he dropped his hand (did he really think that was how telepathy worked?), "even though I'm not sure we're going where nobody's gone before. But thanks. Maybe later you can tell me what you're secretly thinking about the rest of us," she winked.

When she finally got around to replying to Tyrius, Virra's tone was a little more peppy than before. "Well, we've got to go dig up some stories at your place, right? I think that's the most urgent thing going on." She leaned forward, elbows on the table. "Sounds like you're gonna have to direct us for a while."

Eliza nodded and refrained from offering to pack Vira’s stuff too. She watched Ander’s antics bemused and turning to Vira again she whispered, “I think I finally figured out a spell to read thoughts too. It is just missing the last few steps.” She decided to keep it to hersef that she was lacking the copper piece required. She didn’t need to highlight exactly how broke and reliant on the others she was at the moment.

Focusing on her breakfast, she tried to ignore the warm blush creeping up her neck and ears from embarrassment. She couldn’t risk this last shred of dignity that was left.

Tristan smiles, "Earda, hello. Quite a busy place you have for such an early hour. This city seems to rise with the sun. I'll take fruit and porridge please, with an egg on the side."

After ordering, Tristan calmly looks around the room, seeing who the other patrons are and what they seem to be discussing.

Tyrius smiled to Virra as he finished his current cup of coffee, "Well, I wouldn't say direct. I can guide you around Wyford when we get there." Tyrius glanced to Anthol, "Hopefully we can find what The Sea wants so she'll leave you and the other nobles alone."

Tyrius looked to Ander, "Is there anyone you would like to speak to in town?"

The Sleepy Werewolf:

Earda smiled with a nod, "You'll find in truth this city never really sleeps to begin with. But I'll get right on your order." Writing on a piece of paper, Earda then hopped down from her step and carried it into a back room, returning a moment later to assist another customer, but still allowing Tristan to listen to the, although politely spoken, gossip of the morning. Looking across the room, murmurs of some strange activity on the beach last night, a large group apparently doing magic outside the harbor, and the sea being almost unnaturally calm.

Soon enough Earda returns, hopping up on her step, as the food is delivered shortly after, "If I may ask, are you intending to spend a few more nights? Just so I know how many rooms I have on offer for guests."

The De'Porthca Manor:

Anthol nodded to Tyrius, "Yes -- hopefully this can all be sorted quickly. We'll continue clearing out the warehouse as mentioned before, and at the very least we can loan a carriage for the journey out of Porthca and further. Though..." He looked across the group, "Well, you will likely all fit within it, given it appears some of you are staying in Porthca."

Lowering his gaze for a moment his voice was softer, "Ben told me what happened with Priestess Cate, and it saddens me to hear of it. We'll definitely send donations and materials their way to help ease their work at least for a few days. I know that's not how they'd view it, but it will hopefully allow them to take the time to grieve properly."

Raising his head once more he continued to eat, "If there is anything you might need that we can offer, merely ask. None of you are affected directly, and yet you still offer aid. It's the least I can do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread