• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon's Life Without Humans

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Chisa
Interactions: Jet-Jack ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ) | Estelle ( Nellancholy Nellancholy ) | Zip ( Damafaud Damafaud )​

1649288060383.pngChisa startled, causing the leaves in the bush to rustle further as Estelle pointed her out.

Then a giant splash from the Magnemite’s move splashed over her, getting the Bulbasaur a little wet. The water didn’t bug her though. She loved the water.

The female bulbasaur looked over at Jet-Jack then over at Estelle as if the Eevee would be the death of her!

Alas—

The Hitmonlee noticed her.

It's that Bulbasaur—

Her eyes widened in fright as she backed up.

He was there to beat her senseless for taking the seeds! Estelle you gave her away!

Tears gathered at the corners of her eyes as her lips shuddered.

No, wait, you weren't that Bulbasaur—

A small relief washed over her, stopped the tears that gathered from actually falling.

I-I-I am sorry for stealing those seeds…” Chisa apologized sheepishly, her voice shaky, “P-please don’t p-punish me. I didn’t kn-know others owned them.

Interaction: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Mention: Damafaud Damafaud

Maybe Rene looked to be acting odd to an outsider. He himself kind of felt like that wouldn't be so far off, there was a sense of shame or embarrassment that attempted to grab a hold of him from deep within. His eyes occasionally darted from the water to..more water. He was desperate to maintain his balance and was determined to not divert his attention to much else. Forget about the berry. Now, his mind was turned over to surviving this little trip. He just had to make it through this, and..

Oh, Curri was coming over to him now. He attempted to straighten himself as he noted her approach, doing his best to look nonchalant. Although just one look at his reflection in the water made it clear that he was anything but. Hurriedly moving his eyes upwards, he again placed more of his focus on her than the water that surrounded them.

A small, nervous laugh escaped him when he heard her words. Yeah, he didn't want to get his fur wet, but..it went further than just that. Not that he would want her to know that. Or anyone ever. Hiding that is incredibly difficult, however, considering where they were at. At least they were in somewhat similar boats, though. Collecting his disarrayed thoughts, he made an attempt to respond, when he suddenly stopped. His eyes lit up with anew terror when he spotted a big wave of the very thing he's been avoiding come hurtling towards him.

Rene failed to avoid it, as much as everything in him was screaming for him to. The water fell over him, completely drenching him. The feeling of his fur being wet slithered through him in complete discomfort. His hands flew to his eyes, where water managed to get into, his breathing quickly becoming out of sorts. Truly, he was in a more panicked state than previously. But as he rubbed at his eyes, he took notice of Curri. His attention haphazardly drifted to her hump, which now appeared to be wet. So she got hit with water too..

Something about her seemed different. Her movement was off. Must be because of her hump, he reasoned. She did say its difficult to move with her hump being wet. Rene watched her as she slowly went over to one of those Magnemites, his attention remaining on her hump. Twangs of annoyance fell in step with the overwhelming shock and paralyzing fear that had overtaken him. So it did this...

Rene looked more like a statue, not wanting to move much when he was dripping wet. He attempted to get his breathing under his own control, pushing back the vague unwanted memories as he tried to bring himself back. Right, he just had to..focus. He could do that, maybe..

Estelle sighed, a little annoyed with Chisa's consistent timidity as she padded over to the nearest tree that didn't look too rough. Leaning against the tree, she rubbed and turned against it from as many angles as she could, doing her best to help her pointy fur go down. Sure, she could just wet it again and let it dry normally under the sun, but that was precisely the problem she was trying to solve in the first place.

Either way, Chisa apparently hadn't yet overcome her fear (or was it guilt?) at them taking the berries and seeds the other day. How did she even survive so long, acting like that? Taking a few steps closer to Chisa, Estelle didn't quite interpose herself between her and Jet-Jack, but she did her best to project an assertive presence, anyway.

"You've got to stop apologising for that, Chisa. We didn't take anywhere close to all of them, and what we did take, we're not keeping for ourselves. In fact," She continued, though it was abundantly clear the Hitmonlee didn't actually need to hear that. "we're growing more so that anyone who needs them can have enough. I'm sure you have no objections to that?" Clearly the matter was none of his business. It wasn't like he WAS the berry police. But she waited for him to answer anyway, as an opportunity to put Chisa's quivering heart at ease.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

For a Delicious Treat

b5pzlfuuz6m71.jpg

Zip and Zap
Upstream, Power Plant River

Interaction:
Zap - Thyrnn DawnStreak DawnStreak

Zip and Quagsire - Renne and Curri withinasapphire withinasapphire SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Mention:
Zap and the viney cave announcement! (Feel free if you want to pursue this or not)
Nellancholy Nellancholy Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Taigakitt Taigakitt @CyberJackal @Crow

Around:
-

After showing its thanks to Estelle, the Magikarp continued splashing happily toward the deeper end of the water and disappeared. One good deed had been done!

Zap bobbed along at Thyrnn's difficulty in closing in with Jet-Jack. The Hitmonlee didn't look like to be the friendliest sort. Not that it would know since it spent the last few days figuring out how to turn on the yummy block machine.

As Thyrnn went on, however, Zap's cheeriness stiffened.

"Bzt...!" (I feel the same...!)

However, it turned away to hide in its eye. It had been too focused on berries and yummy blocks. Sometimes it even got annoyed that Thyrnn wanted to talk when it was tinkering with the machine. It hadn't even been with Zip and P-Out often despite promising otherwise. In its heart, Zap promised to forget about yummy blocks a bit after this venture.

Zip's sudden scream alarmed Zap out of its reverie. Sploosh! Water went everywhere, and Zap barely gained enough height to avoid the fate of the others. Knowing the move Zip was practising, Zap let out a snicker. It felt good being able to do a move better than the proud Zip. From its new height, it was able to see the vines Thyrnn pointed at better. The vines did look suspicious, thicker and different from the plants around them. Its eye shone.

"Bzzt! Bzt, bzt!" (Let's climb and check it! Let's go, let's go!)

Zap excitedly nudged Thyrrn toward the waterfall. The berry might be there! Starf berry! Not wanting to wait long, it floated toward everyone else, too!

C4fNa6iVUAM1gyF.jpg
All the encouragement, cold remark, and annoyed stare at Zip were met instead by air bubbles. Slowly, from the depth, emerged a round blue head and a pair of beady eyes. The eyes stared at Curri blankly with a derpy kind of smile. It was a Quagsire.

Then, the Quagsire's cheeks stretched like a rubber. Something inside, round and huge, bounced all over before finding the Pokemon's lips and escaped fast as a bullet, smacking right into the cliff side before hovering unsteadily like a drunkard to Rene's once-dry side.

Who else could it be but Zip? It had been on an unlucky streak recently meeting with ground Pokemon everywhere it went, and the Quagsire was another one for the list. It lie with spiralling eyes, just waiting for the world to stop spinning so hard.

"Bzt..." (Yes...)

At this point it would say anything. The world was still spinning.

"Bzt!" (Everyone, Thyrnn found the berry there, up there!)

Meanwhile, Zap was started to get used to seeing Zip losing to Pokemon stronger than him. It excitedly pointed at the rock jutting out of the waterfall. It looked unscalable at first, but there were stones that could act as stepping stones behind the waterfall... if one was mobile enough.

Quagsire was still there. Its head popping out of the water, staring with a derpy smile at Curri and Rene.

Rio and Rina made their way to Skyblue town in search of some food. They had passed several berry trees on the way to the human town, but Rio thought it best not to steal from another pokemons berry tree. And he especially didn’t want to start a fight he wouldn’t win cuz it would put Rina in too much danger.

“Don’t worry sis, I’m sure we can find something to eat… here, it’s our last berry take it and keep your strength up”

Rio sighed as he handed over their last berry, he wished his sister wasn’t so picky when it came to food, but then again sometimes he wished he could have her tastes.

Rio found a place for them to rest for a time near a waterfall that was close to the town. AquaMarie AquaMarie

Interaction: Zap Damafaud Damafaud Rio Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

When Zap spoke back, Thrynn found herself embarrassed at her own words, a light blush across her smiling face. As she stood and stretched her legs and arms, she felt Zap nudge her from behind. She giggled as she was pushed towards the waterfall, where she then looked up. She wasn't particularly strong, so she might need assistance in climbing, but if it meant that she could make her friends happy, she would do anything in her power to get this berry. When Zap said that she found the berry, she rubbed her neck.

"I wouldn't necessarily say I found it. I just found something out of the ordinary... It's not like it's guarunteed to be the tree... And besides. I was just thinking to myself when I saw it." She mumbled to herself. As she was looking down to the ground, she caught movement out of the corner of her eye and glanced in the direction. A blue ralts and a regular ralts walked side by side, the blue one passing a berry over and she caught the last part of his statement. She gasped and felt for them.

In a moment of decision, she decided to go over to the pair, which were small even to her, and gave a smile. Of course, this might look predatory to the small pokemon as she was a sneasel. She was used to it, so she closed her eyes to try to seem less aggressive. She pulled from her bag a lava cookie and a small pouch of assorted berries. Her parents had packed her several amounts of food so that she didn't get hungry. For once, their overbearing care and protection came in handy.

"I-I noticed you said... That was the last of your food." Her voice came out soft and quiet. "I... I wanted to share these with you." Thrynn smiled again, giving a small sound of happiness.

DawnStreak DawnStreak

Rio immediately stepped between the sneasal and his sister. He didn’t care if he got hurt as long as his sister was safe. He then heard what the sneasal said, slightly dropping his guard (good thing she isn’t a Pokémon from the haterene line, lol) this Pokémon was offering food, which wasn’t something they were used to.

“Why are you helping us?” He asked unsure of what to do. But his growling stomach said otherwise, this one however was different as he dropped to his knees feeling weak.

“So hungry…” he groaned as he held his stomach and tried to reach for the food that the sneasal was offering. But due to being extremely hungry he couldn’t move much and crawled towards the bag of berries wondering if the sneasal was being genuine, or just going to pull the food back after seeing him grovel enough.

But he’d be willing to stun her and steal it if it meant he could finally have something to eat.

AquaMarie AquaMarie

Last edited:

full

Curri
Interactions: Damafaud Damafaud withinasapphire withinasapphire

Staring at the scene before her almost incredulously, Curri could only gently pat the quagsire's head with her chin weakly. "Sorry, those words were not meant for you." She explained calmly with lowered eyes, her sudden emotional anger now at bay and under her control. Glancing towards the magnemite that had rocketed off over towards Rene, she chose to just let the matter rest, and focus her attention back on her companion. He must also be uncomfortable after all, especially considering how hard he tried to not get wet.

Slowly creaking her way back to Rene's side, choosing to ignore the call towards the vined entrance above in the waterfall, she faintly realized that something was wrong with Rene. Very wrong. He was absolutely frozen in place, not even twitching his ears. His breathing was erratic, and it was only now that Curri finally realized that his apprehension towards water went far deeper than she initially assumed.

"Rene. Can you hear me?" She began gently, appearing as calm as ever though her mind was turning rapidly like clockwork. She needed to get him dry. But how? It's not like they brought human blankets with them. The idea of rolling him around in dirt popped in her head, but that seemed a bit... unsuitable, and it might give him further unneeded shock. Wait, fire!

Immediately relieved by the idea that popped into her head, she quickly tried to spew out a flamethrower, lava plume or even a flame wheel. But it seemed that since she was thoroughly drenched, with the lump of hardened rock inside her hump ever-weighing down her mind and body, she couldn't even attempt to do so. Not like they were moves she could do consistently anyway, she just wanted to make a fire! After a few repeated efforts, she managed to spew out a tiny ember... but that barely warmed her chin much less Rene.

But what about if she had fuel for said fire?! With a strength she hadn't used in a long time, she hauled herself out of the water, step by step and gathered a small pile of leaves and twigs from the vibrant forest nearby. Kicking them into a vague pile in front of Rene, she spewed out an ember with all her strength and watched it spread with a satisfied and relieved sigh. Okay, she was thoroughly exhausted now. Even her who had hauled things all her life, found it hard to equate a time she had pulled so much of her inner strength out.

Still, she was worried. Hence she huddled beside Rene so that they could warm back up as quickly as possible. After all, her lava wouldn't stay frozen forever, and she could act as a giant radiator for him when that time came.

An excited series of "bzzts" seemed to punctuate Estelle's conversation as she looked around for something to do next. If that Magnemite (apparently named Zap) was to be believed, the berry that everyone was seeking had apparently turned up. She wasn't sure that Sneasels were particularly known for their good noses, but she wasn't going to argue the point. What did concern her a little more was the matter of sharing. The Starf Berry was particularly valuable for its ability to give Pokemon bursts of energy in times of need, the kind of thing that could become increasingly valuable if the environment on the island got worse.

That was a good thing. What would be bad is if there was literally one berry up there, all by itself. Could she persuade those present to delay gratification and at least leave her a seed? The thought of one of them gobbling it up and leaving the species lost forever was simply too much to bear.

With that thought in mind, Estelle dashed forward, towards the waterfall with hardly any mind paid to Chisa. It wasn't until she got much closer to the formation of wet rocks jutting past the water that common sense got back to her and she slowed down, her paws scrabbling on the rocks. "Ugh! Can't have them beat us up there...Chisa." She looked back. "Any ideas?"

__hitmonlee_pokemon_drawn_by_newo_shinra_p__f0343df38a82aa967a666976a91fd0af.png

Jet-Jack
Rocky Shore, Power Plant River

Interaction: - Nellancholy Nellancholy Taigakitt Taigakitt

Mention: Damafaud Damafaud (Zip, Zap).

Around:
Interactions;

Jet-Jack was quite puzzled by the Bulbasaur's cowering. What had scared her so much that she became petrified with fear? He waited with—not quite—bated breath for this little pokemon to speak. Perhaps, she shouldn't have said anything as her words confounded the veteran fighter even more! Punish her? Berry stealing? By Arceus' fence, what is she spousing? The Hitmonlee thought as he scratched his head. "Uh... Miss?" Very clearly, she suffered from self-inflicted guilt over unwittingly taking berries and egregiously assuming that Jet-Jack had been some brute that dolled out punitive justice with his furious kicks. He resented one-fourth of that last line. He is very—in his own opinion—sophisticated. Jet-Jack wishing not to frighten the grass monster further went beside her and gently knelt. Gingerly, he placed a hand beside her body. "Uh... It's okay, Miss. Sometimes, we do bad things from our own ignorance. Apologise to the mon, whoever or whatever, everything'll be fine." Jet-Jack is not the big brother type, the wise sibling you turn to in times of need. There is no understatement here, that he is sorely out of his element in comforting this Bulbasaur.

---

Later, Jet-Jack followed Estelle to the rocky formation, it seemed that the magnemite duo had found a berry. But an obstacle presented itself. This rock formation in front of them is nigh-unscalable for the average mon. For the average mon that is, but not for Jet-Jack. "I have an idea." Announcing as he stood face to face with the stone cliff. He spread his hands like wings then knelt on one knee. "You're travelling... On a Jet." Amused with himself, Jet-Jack further explained the plan. "I'll hold you under my arms while I jump up there." Nodding at the ledge.

Interactions: Rio Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Thrynn kept her genuine smile on her face. These pokemon were in need and she desperately didn't want to scare them away. Her smile turned to surprise and concern as the ralts fell to their knees in hunger. At this, she lunged forward to catch the blue ralts so they didn't hurt themselves- despite the tiny stature of the pokemon. She knew from previous attempts to help others that were tricking her that this could be a trap of some sort, but she heard his stomach rumble and couldn't stop herself from being kind.

When Thrynn got there, she reached for the pokemon to help it up and pushed the berry into the other hand. "I-I'm sorry." She spoke, looking over the ralts with care then took an oran berry from her pouch. "You must be near fainting..." She tried to help hold the ralts up on his feet so that he wouldn't fall again before she answered his question.

She stood slowly and gave another smile. "I'm helping because that's what I do. Or at least that's what I want to do. Not a lot of pokemon accept my help, they usually run or attack me because they think I'm going to eat them..." She sighed as she spoke the last part. "So I guess if you're going to attack me, do it now. Wouldn't be the first time." As she finished her statement, she lowered her gaze to avoid eye contact.

Chisa
Interactions/Mentions: Magnemites ( Damafaud Damafaud ) | Estelle ( Nellancholy Nellancholy ) | Jet-Jack ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )​

1649980286108.pngRed eyes flickered over to Estelle when she has taken a few steps closer after unpoofing herself.

Chisa was about to utter a “but,” however it seemed she wouldn’t have a moment to make her case.

She truly thought that Jet-Jack was some sort of berry police. After all, look what happened to that Kecleon! She’d heard about what occurred.

Honestly, Chisa wasn’t feeling too terrible about taking them and getting them replanted, since that’ll benefit everyone. What she was worried about what a psybeam to slice into her or a flurry of kicks that would knock her into next week!

She wasn’t a strong ‘mon.

The Hitmonlee’s voice grabbed her attention once more as she sheepishly looked up at him.

In her peripheral vision, she could see his hand reaching down. She flinched briefly but didn’t make a move away as she realized he was just placing it beside her.

His movements weren’t aggressive.

“Apologize to the mon.”

Her lips quivered but she sniffled, poking the dirt with her claw, “I’m sorry, sir.

Hopefully he accepted her apology. It was a weird roundabout way to ask for one, but maybe he was actually trying to be gentle about it.

Or test her.

He was probably testing her.

With the moment interrupted by Estelle dashing off thanks to the Magnemite’s announcement, Chisa slowly stood back up on all fours instead of cowering in the dirt and brush like she has been.

Chisa bowed her head, unaware at first that the Hitmonlee would follow them, “E-excuse me then.

She trotted carefully away from him to catch up with Estelle.

Only for her fears to deepen after being settled when he followed her.

Man, her heart couldn’t take this! After this adventure, she could only imagine the length and strength her nap would be.

Chisa shook like a leaf the whole way until they got to the rock formation and vines.

Estelle had asked for ideas. Chisa look at the vines before pulling her own out. Could she grab and pull?

The bulbasaur wrapped a vine around one of the hanging ones and tugged, testing for assurance that it could hold her weight, let alone the both of them.

Then the Hitmonlee held his arms out and made a joke that went over her head. She blinked at him, processing what he was saying. Realizing it was a joke, she let out a nervous chuckle. She didn’t want to offend him by not laughing.

Nor did she want to offend him by not taking his offer to her up there.

Looking over at Estelle, Chisa nodded, “L-let’s take his offer.

Carefully, she walked over to one side of the Hitmonlee and nodded again, “R-ready. I-I’m sorry if I’m heavy.

"Oh? I didn't know you were such a joker." Estelle raised an eyebrow in bemusement as Jet-Jack made his comment. As much as they might wish for it, none of her compatriots could master the power of wind and sky. Not yet, anyway. Perhaps it would remain the case that their paws would always be relatively grounded. "Well, I'm sure you've trained enough not to find me too heavy. I'd be..." She considered her words. "...surprised if you hadn't." Indeed, a Vaporeon or a Jolteon might be a bit more difficult to lift, but few would find the bulk of a mere Eevee challenging.

Even so, her eyes fell to Chisa for a moment. If that solution could work, maybe then Chisa would be more confident. While Estelle was hardly looking forward to an existence of battle on this island, it would do Chisa good to trust in her own techniques more. And it would be nice to have someone to help her move around.

Either way, Chisa seemed to think better of it as she backed away and voiced her intentions to accept Jet-Jack's offer instead. "Alright then. We shouldn't refuse." With some effort, Estelle was able to hop up, holding onto his outstretched arm. Climbing onto his shoulder, her tail flicked over his face briefly before she adjusted it, allowing Chisa to grip onto it if she wanted to. "Go ahead."

He hadn't really been aware of his surroundings, not even when that Magnemite went flying off into the cliffside. It took Rene a moment to process that something had even been said to him. Flicking his eyes towards Curri, he blankly stared at her for a moment before what she asked properly came through. He attempted a small, wry smile. "Yeah..'course I can.."

He wanted to appear as unbothered by this as possible. Even though his fur was now thoroughly soaked, and it was the worst feeling in the world, he didn't want to let anything slip. Rene didn't want to show..weakness.

Clearly he must not have been all too successful, however. Looking back up at Curri, he watched on in slight confusion as she attempted to do..something. He couldn't be sure of what it was. Was something wrong? "
Hey, uh.."

He said the beginnings of a sentence, before stopping when he witnessed Curri make..an ember. Rene started to try and say something again, perhaps to try and get answers on what she was up to, but Curri was on the move -- obviously something was on her mind. Rene continued to stand with droplets of water still falling from his fur, remaining as an onlooker as Curri collected various leaves and twigs, which she deemed to leave in front of him.

It was only when those leaves and twigs were set alight with Curri's ember that Rene could understand what she had been trying to do. She did all that for him? Rene could already feel himself getting red in the face. "
You.." He began, pausing as he tried to find his voice. Curri huddled beside him and Rene automatically leaned against her without much thinking. After a minute, he tried again. "You..really didn't need to go to the trouble of doin' all that..I would've been fine.."

Rene scratched at his cheek awkwardly, his face still burning red with embarrassment..and gratitude, stirred in his chest. "
But, um." He lowered his head a little. "..thanks." He managed to get out, however quietly.

For a Delicious Treat

b5pzlfuuz6m71.jpg

Zip and Zap

Interaction:
-

Mention:
Everyone!
Nellancholy Nellancholy Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Taigakitt Taigakitt
withinasapphire withinasapphire SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
DawnStreak DawnStreak Rcticwolf Rcticwolf AquaMarie AquaMarie
Around:
-

As Curri helped Rene calmed his nerve, Zip groggily made its way up and away from the water. High, above of everyone, just so it could be away from all the sounds for a bit and just hear the waterfall.

Meanwhile, Zap paced by the waterfall, waiting for anyone to climb up, but everyone was so slow! Even Thyrnn stopped to talk to the Raltses. What if someone else stole their berries?! So, its eye lit up when it saw Zip teetering close.

"Bzt! Bzt, bzt bzt!" (Zip! Good you are here, let's go get the berry!)
"Bzt-" (Wait-)

Too late, Zap pushed Zip through! They disappeared through the vines and waterfall.

8679838fb538ace0db30b32ce2a222d3.jpg

"Bzt..."

Zip blinked water off its eye. It turned to rebuke Zap, but instead found itself awed at the scene it saw. Glowing mushroom popped from the walls like decorative lanterns. A little stream from the waterfall trickled into the cave. Tall grasses and moss grew, a strip of humidity running at the center of the cave. The cave was bright, though fog hid the distance from where Zip floated.

"Bzt..." (It's beautiful...)

And somewhat strange. If the legendary Starf berry would be anywhere, Zip wouldn't find it strange for it to be inside this cave. Then, Zip noticed something off. Zap hadn't been saying anything. He looked around. Zap was nowhere to be seen. Having a bad feeling, Zip started levitating toward the entrance.

It didn't make it back out.

The Magikarp resurfaced next to the Quagsire. The two stared.

Quagsire smiled and waved at Magikarp. Magikarp splashed in return.

Interactions: Rio Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Thrynn kept her genuine smile on her face. These pokemon were in need and she desperately didn't want to scare them away. Her smile turned to surprise and concern as the ralts fell to their knees in hunger. At this, she lunged forward to catch the blue ralts so they didn't hurt themselves- despite the tiny stature of the pokemon. She knew from previous attempts to help others that were tricking her that this could be a trap of some sort, but she heard his stomach rumble and couldn't stop herself from being kind.

When Thrynn got there, she reached for the pokemon to help it up and pushed the berry into the other hand. "I-I'm sorry." She spoke, looking over the ralts with care then took an oran berry from her pouch. "You must be near fainting..." She tried to help hold the ralts up on his feet so that he wouldn't fall again before she answered his question.

She stood slowly and gave another smile. "I'm helping because that's what I do. Or at least that's what I want to do. Not a lot of pokemon accept my help, they usually run or attack me because they think I'm going to eat them..." She sighed as she spoke the last part. "So I guess if you're going to attack me, do it now. Wouldn't be the first time." As she finished her statement, she lowered her gaze to avoid eye contact.

Rio could barely move but slightly smiled “I can sense your kindness, this is actually the closest my sister and I have gotten to another pokemon, thank you for your help” Thrynn heard his voice in her head as he slowly began to munch on the berry he was handed, taking a small bite whenever his strength allowed.

Rio just sat up on a rock with the aid of the Sneasal as he ate his berry, while Rina looked at him with a worry in her heart after eating her own berry.

“What….. are…. You…. Doing…. Here?” Rio asked the sneasal between bites, curious as to why there was a pokemon at this waterfall, and he was genuinely curious as he knows nothing about other pokemon and their habits. AquaMarie AquaMarie

full

Curri
Interactions: withinasapphire withinasapphire

"Oh, uh, did I over-react? Sorry haha." Curri couldn't help but laugh with a bit of embarrassment at Rene's words. It wasn't often that she thought of herself as over-reacting, rather she was usually asked how she always seemed to be under-reacting. Maybe it was because she had never seen Rene like that before that she panicked? She couldn't really recall what had rushed through her mind then, but her companion's quiet mumble of gratitude eased and warmed her heart.

"It's what friends do." She responded simply, watching the flickering flames dance on the edge of her vision. A few other pokemon ended up wandering by the crackling fire to dry off also, though Curri's attention was more focused on the waterfall cavern many were slowly making their way up to. She noticed some familiar faces preparing to head up, and watched the magnemite duo barrel in past the vines and stream of water. Vaguely, she saw a foggy glow before the vines were swept back into place, leaving her to only wonder what could be up there. Hell no was she even going to attempt to get up there though.

"Welp, if the Starf Berry's in there I think we're out of luck, Rene." She couldn't help but chuckle with some disappointment. "But since we've ventured so far out here, why don't we make the most of it?" She smiled with mild excitement, feeling her back burn once more with boiling magma. Though content to just lie here and wait whilst Rene dried off by her side, she pondered out loud what they could get up to whilst waiting for the others to return from their venture into the cavern. "We could explore the forest, or try and find a way to the top of the waterfall. The view would probably be great up there. We could also cook some wild vegetables using this fire, I know I used to try and do that all the time whilst on my journeys."

In all honesty, the adrenaline from being abruptly soaked had long worn off, and with this warm fire comforting her senses, Curri was growing a little drowsy. She yawned slowly as her mind drifted off.

Ineraction: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Rio
Mentions: Damafaud Damafaud Zap/Zip

Thrynn sat beside the tiny pokemon, happy that it was eating. "I have more if you need." She chuckled as she noticed how swiftly the ralts were eating. For a moment she paused and looked to the sky.

"I know how you feel." She stated sullenly. Her smile faded slightly as she recalled her lonely past. "I've not had many friends in my life. I was alone until very recently. In fact, it was honestly by sheer fortune, or unfortune- depends on who you ask, that I met Zap and the rest." She smiled to herself as she thought of the times spent since meeting them. Her parents were happy for her, but also concerned with her getting into rowdy situations.

"Pokemon used to fear me. They saw me as nothing more than a predator that was going to gobble them up the first chance I was given. Even most pokemon from the mountains, where I moved from thought that way." She sighed as she turned her gaze to Rio. "I was almost always attacked on sight by pokemon my age and I learned to value my time more than any other's. Of course, that's a lonely and dreary way to live." tears formed at the corners of her eyes as she thought of sadder times. She hadn't even told Zap about this yet and he was essentially her closest friend at this point. "Again, I eventually came across Zip, who nearly bulldozed me in the town square before I almost focus punched out of existence by an enraged kecleon. After fleeing, I ran into Zap before things calmed down and we started to talk more. Still though, I can't help but feel like I annoy them a little. They're always trying to make berry blocks or something like that. It's kind of all they talk about." She chuckled as fond memories of the the metallic ball trying to get a different machine to work crossed her vision.

As she came back to the present, she stopped and took a sharp breath. "S-sorry... I got carried away. I-I kind of just felt like we were in a similar situation, but yours is much worse, I'm sure." Thrynn turned to face forward, an embarrased blush on her face. "Since you're interested in berries... We're looking for a rare berry tree that isn't claimed by anyone. That's why we're at the waterfall. At least, that's why Zip and Zap are." She pointed to the top of the waterfall as the two disappeared behind the vines. "And it looks like they went off without me again. T-that's fine, I'm sure they're just excited." She gave a smile that didn't reach her eyes. 'And probably forgot me like usual.' She sighed to herself in her thoughts.

__hitmonlee_pokemon_drawn_by_newo_shinra_p__f0343df38a82aa967a666976a91fd0af.png

Jet-Jack
Rocky Shore > Cliff;

Interaction: - Nellancholy Nellancholy Taigakitt Taigakitt

Mention: Damafaud Damafaud (Zip, Zap).

Around:
Interactions;

With Estella and Chisa's consent, the towering Hitmonlee knelt down to pick up his two passengers. The grip on them was tight, yet also acutely comfortable. It helps when you've practised the intricacies of your body for most of your life. Plus the fighting experience meant that Jet-Jack knew the extent of his capable force. And still, he asks: "Ya comfortable?" Giving them both a look. If they weren't, he'd adjust as best he can. But pleasantries aside, he yelled. "Here we go!"

Immediately from his knelt position, the fighter bounded upwards. In keeping with his appearance, his jump felt much like steel springs; powerful yet firm. His first jump visibly cleared half the cliff, but one might think Jet-Jack failed. Just as his upward momentum reached its' apex, Jet-Jack landed on a sturdier portion of the cliff. His claws bit into the dirt and rock as his legs reclined to prepare for another jump. Then boom! He kicked off the surface. Somersaulting in the air before landing on his feet, his knees touching the ground. He relinquished Chisa and Estella. "Thank you for flying Air Jack, I hope you enjoyed your flight." It was possible for him to clear the cliff in one jump, but he believed that the lesser Gs Chis and Estella experienced the better.

"Now let's go find those magnemites."

Chisa
Interactions: Jet-Jack ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ) | Estelle ( Nellancholy Nellancholy )
Mentions: Magnemites ( Damafaud Damafaud )​

1650576052108.pngChisa nodded her confirmation that she was comfortable with the hold Hitmonlee had on her

Honestly, she was surprised that such a big ‘mon could be gentle. The Bulbasaur made a mental note to attempt to stop being so judgemental. If she had stopped and thought about what happened those few days ago, she might have understood that he wasn’t out to hurt everyone.

But that didn’t stop her from believing he was still Berry Police.

As soon as they were up in the air, her voice was stolen away from her. The upward motion just made it difficult to get a sound out. Her vines ended up popping out and curling around the Hitmonlee’s waist. The first land partially the way up allowed her voice to be found.

And—

She accidentally looked down but she didn’t have any time to truly react before the ground below got even smaller as the Hitmonlee scaled the rest of the cliff.

As soon as she was released at the top, her legs quivered under her and she plopped to the mossy stone.

At least she caught his name.

Bulbasaurs weren’t meant to fly.

Regardless, she didn’t want to be rude. Slowly getting back up on all fours, she turned with a paler green face to the Hitmonlee and breathlessly said, “T-t-thank you Air Jack.

Turning back around, she faced the cave entrance. With a shake of her body, she stomped with her front feet and took a deep breath.

Right. We find them, we maybe find the berry?

Chisa took a step within, uncertain just how large, windy, or mystical the cave really was.

Maybe she had an adventurous heart!

Despite not necessarily being the most agile Pokemon around, Estelle knew what it was like to be flung around. The Hitmonlee was quite the acrobat, befitting his physique, and his first leap felt like a rocket launching, the force tugging on Estelle's insides like she was in the path of a hurricane. Well, that might be a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but her body certainly wasn't getting any younger or sturdier.

The Eevee's furry face seemed to pale as Jet-Jack landed on a ledge, giving her barely a chance to recover before he hurtled into the air again. AND he had to throw in a somersault too. Thankfully, that was the end of it, and at least the landing wasn't rough. If you fly (or something close to it), you better know how to land.

Taking a few more breaths to steady her nerves, Estelle hopped off and approached the cave entrance. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you already make a habit of carrying people around, Jet-Jack." With a flick of her tail, Estelle pointed her nose up, taking a few tentative sniffs. The air was humid but not stifling, meaning that the inside of the cave was probably fairly vast. Good, meant it was unlikely to collapse or present any other danger by itself. Still, there was a certain energetic, fragrant scent wafting out from inside, but she couldn't nail it down.

"Snff...notice our goal anywhere, Chisa?" Somehow, the Magnemites' target had become Estelle's as well. She wondered if Grass-type Pokemon had a special sense for such things...it might be rude to assume, but retrieving the Berry would be very helpful towards continued life on the island.

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Taigakitt Taigakitt

For a Delicious Treat

006e3d0c527c403224938d2c84b6fac2--bug-type-art-challenge.jpg

Zip and Zap

Interaction:
Cave Gang: Nellancholy Nellancholy Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Taigakitt Taigakitt
Bonfire: withinasapphire withinasapphire SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Mention:
Chat: DawnStreak DawnStreak Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Around:
-

8679838fb538ace0db30b32ce2a222d3.jpg

The thin mist persisted, even deeper into the cave. Unabating, but not thickening either. The cave was never dark; glowing mushrooms grew on the wall. Strands of sunlight shone from little holes above. If not for the stalagmites and stalactites, the cave could be mistaken as not one.

As the trio traveled deeper, the stream running would dry into a trickle before disappearing into mud. Grasses and moss grew rare, though the mushrooms did not seem affected. The cave would bend and turn, no longer straightforward. More observant Pokemon would notice something else: fine, silky threads hanging from some surfaces, like broken spider webs. And then, faintly, from deeper inside...

'Won't let you get away, won't let you away like the other one, no!"

If one was to peek over a sharp turn, they would notice that the end of the cavern was blocked by a huge web. The web had seen better days. It was half detached from the wall and had a huge tear in the center. The owner, a meter tall Ariados, was angrily spinning something with webs.

The philip screw jutting out of the web ball would put the identity of the captured prey as one of the Magnemites.

Several curious pokemon indeed gathered near the bonfire when Curri made it. As fire pokemon were rare on Skyblue Island, fire was also rare in the wild. A brave Zigzagoon was the first to approach. After the others saw that Curri didn't drive it away. They slowly came to warm, too. A Kricketot, and two Azurills. One of the Azurill even found it fun to douse in the water just so she can get dry near the fire again.

"Chirp?" (What's 'cook'?)

The Kricketot asked suddenly, hearing Curri's talk. Its antennae chimed as he tilted his head, curious. No fire, no cooking, after all. The Zigzagoon looked curious, too.

Gruuu

The Quagsire's stomach rumbled. He looked at the Magikarp still splashing around.

The Quagsire slowly approached.

7d306be4780841246f195a8882ec57a1.jpgRina
Interactions: Rio ( Rcticwolf Rcticwolf ), Thrynn ( DawnStreak DawnStreak )

Rina followed her brother Rio as they went off in search of food. They had sadly run out of food and they both were starving. They kept passing berry tree after berry tree on their walk, to which Rina wanted to gather some of its berries. However was not allowed by her brother saying that they might belong to others, so sadly they had to continue on their trek on empty stomach.

They didn't walk too far when Rio handed her a berry he had been saving. "What?...the last one?...are you sure?..." Rina asked looking from the berry to Rio. "Okay....thank you" she quietly said holding back tears as she just stared at the fruit in her hand. She looks a seat on the ground where they were taking a small rest before taking a tiny bite of the berry.

Rina gasped and froze as a Sneasel walked over to them. She saw how quickly her brother Rio, didn't even hesitate to stand between her and the Sneasal. She always felt safe with him around but it worried her as well as she didn't want her brother getting hurt. But then the Sneasal spoke kindly offering to share some of her food with them.

The Young ralts felt less nervous seeing that the sneasal meant no harm. She however gasped when Rio dropped to the ground from hunger "Rio..." she said in a quiet tone as she went over to her brother. But the Sneasal got to him first and helped him. Rina stayed back worried and watched. She kept quiet watching the interaction and noticing the kindness coming from the sneasal.

The sneasal helped Rio to sit on a rock to which Rina walked over quietly and sat next to him. She took another berry and slowly ate leaning against her brother as she listen to the Sneasal speak.

~~~~~~~~~~
7303908b0d9cb820c39eb41ce62bbcdb.jpgMichiko
Interactions: opened

It had been nothing but a terrible experience. She had been having a wonderful day, about a day ago? She was not sure anymore since the small Eevee had woken up she wasn't sure how long she had been unconscious for. Her day had been wonderfully filled with delicious food, some pampering, and basking in the sun along with Madam as the yacht sailed around the great blue ocean. She had fallen asleep while enjoying the warm sun. Though harshly awoken by strong winds rain and terrible rocking. It seemed the yacht and humans had to stumble upon a storm. Then it happened too quickly Madam had grabbed her and was being taken to safety when the yacht capsized. After hitting the cold water she remembers swimming to the surface and trying to stay afloat before blacking out.

She was awoken by the sun hitting her face, coughing up a bit of water the small Eevee looked around. Dazed and confused she tried to take up her surroundings. She yelped crying out for help or for anyone she knew as she sat by the shore. 'what had happened? where was she? where was Madam'. The whole morning was spent with her mostly crying.

Picking herself up and seeing that no one was coming to her rescue Michiko left the beach where she had washed up and ventured into the line of trees. Venturing deeper and deeper into the woods she angrily vented to herself. That horrible captain and all the people working were sure to all be fired by Madam after causing the yacht to capsize. The small Eevee thought as she angrily trekked through the forest. She had been walking around for what felt like hours. Michiko was exhausted, muddy, and frustrated as she reached a clearing. The small Eevee gasped seeing the large waterfall, she truly would sit there and admire its beauty if she wasn't tired and felt disgusting. However, she did notice a couple of Pokemon hanging around the base of the waterfall. She gasped and used up the rest of her energy to run towards the "no wait excuse me! wait! please!" She ran over to them as they went towards the waterfall disappearing behind it. Michiko groan frustrated as she tipy tapped her paws back and forward in a nervous dance, unsure if she should go in and follow after them. She takes in a deep breath and runs off behind the waterfall where the small group of Pokemon had disappeared too.

A small look of surprise went across Rene's face. This wasn't something he had ever considered before, but..was Curri a friend? He never put much thought into that idea. Staring into the fire, he listened to the way it crackled. It was an ever-repeating reminder of what the Numel had done for him just moments ago. Frowning in slight concentration, like this was a difficult problem to solve, Rene watched the fire with intensity. Perhaps if he kept looking at it, the answer would appear.

Although..really, if she was willing to go through all that effort for him like she did, then--

At the sound of her voice, Rene snapped himself out of the self-induced trance he had been going under. He nodded along with her words, though stopped at the mention of the waterfall. "Well, uh..I don't know about the waterfall, but.." His emerging hunger made the choice clear. "..food sounds good right about now."

Rene then glanced at the array of curious pokemon who had assembled near the fire. He didn't attempt to get near them, simply deciding to stay close to Curri. He did, however, make a face at one of the Azurill who repeatedly got herself wet on purpose just to be able to get dry by the fire. Rene couldn't understand why any pokemon would do that.

Ignoring the Kricketot's question -- mostly because Rene didn't know how to describe something like that -- he took notice of how Curri appeared to be a bit drowsy. He couldn't help but to grin, snickering quietly. "
Hehehe..hey, you know, I could just collect some vegetables myself if you wanted to sleep here. It could take a bit though."

When Rene really did think about it, maybe he didn't need to ponder too much about if Curri was a friend. The answer was quite obvious, even if their meeting was..hectic.

DawnStreak DawnStreak AquaMarie AquaMarie

Rio quickly scarfed down the berry he was given and quickly grabbed another before just as quickly making it disappear into his stomach. He sighed with relief before feeling his sister lean against him which brought him back to reality “are you ok Rina?” He asked as the protective brother does, despite the fact that he could barely stand just moments ago. Rio looked at the sneasal again “thank you sneasal, I suppose introductions would be appreciated?” He asked

“My name is Rio and this is my younger sister Rina, we lost our parents and are just trying to find a place to call a new home” he stated as her turned towards his sister and patted her head. He turned back towards the sneasal “and what would be your name friend?” He asked curiously.

He knew he could easily invade her mind and find the information he sought, but seeing as this sneasal helped him and his sister and he could feel her general kindness he figured that probably wouldn’t be the best idea, especially if he wanted to stay on her good side, all to protect his sister.

Rio then looked towards the waterfall and the cave that the sneasal was pointing to for a moment and thought “well if she wants a repayment for the berries I could teleport her up there, but it would probably be best to stay with her, better odds of survival and whatnot”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back