• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon's Life Without Humans

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Interaction: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Rene blinked a few times, uncovering his eyes when he felt himself being moved. Automatically, he opened his mouth to protest, before holding himself back. Thinking back to that Psybeam, he elected to stay silent. Maybe being brought to a safer spot wouldn't be so bad if it meant not being on the receiving end of an attack like that.

Looking up at the Numel, he tilted his head to the side in confusion as she stuck her head into an open window. His confusion grew when she came back out with a saucepan on her head. Spotting the smaller one in her mouth, he was about to ask what that was for, when it was suddenly plopped onto his head. Letting out a small noise of surprise in response, Rene pouted a bit as he pushed the saucepan up so it fit better on his head. He felt a bit silly with this on..but when he heard her explanation, how it was meant to serve as protection as some kind, Rene found himself lightly brushing his hand against his head. Protection. Slowly, he gave a small nod. "...Okay."

The Numel started to talk again, and Rene brought his eyes back up to her. But she suddenly paused for a moment. Waiting for what she clearly had to say, he continued to keep eye contact, like that was important somehow. When the Numel said her piece, a suggestion really, Rene frowned at it as if to consider her words. Taking cover..well, as much as he totally could handle being out here -- totally, definitely -- even he had to relent to such an idea. This whole ordeal was more than he had expected to see. Plus, he'd much prefer to be away from some of those more intense moves at this point. He'd seen enough by now.

"
Yeah..okay." He answered, his gaze now focusing away from her. In doing so, his attention was caught by something else. He frowned again. "Wait." He said outloud. It seemed like the fight had winded down..?

Even so, he moved himself on instinct so that he stood behind one of the Numel's legs. No particular reason, he just..could see better from here. Yes, that was it. Peeking out, Rene looked at where the ongoing fight had been going on. There appeared to be some new pokemon involved now. A Bulbasaur, who had shown up at some point -- Rene didn't see when -- and another, a Grovyle. Rene also didn't know when he had shown up. The Kecleon seemed to be unconscious though. The fight seemed to have taken a turn, perhaps for the better.

"
Guess that fight might be over after all..?" He observed, with a slight questioning tone.

__hitmonlee_pokemon_drawn_by_newo_shinra_p__f0343df38a82aa967a666976a91fd0af.png

Jet-Jack
Main Street, Skyblue Town

Interaction: - Damafaud Damafaud (Zip, Kecleon, Grovyle), and CyberJackal CyberJackal (Bud);

Mention: - SilverFeathers SilverFeathers withinasapphire withinasapphire Taigakitt Taigakitt

Around:
Anyone in the Square of Skyblue town;

The kick had connected. It sent the kecleon flying. Jet-Jack's leg crashed on the ground; this had caught him off-guard. An urge slithered up his spine. It was the wish to sleep. His eyes turned skyward. The air had been intoxicated with the presence of a powder. It induced sleep to all who breathed this substance. It was what caused that Kecleon to delay, allowing Jet-Jack to defeat him. This was caused by who? Jet-Jack turned to the side and saw a Bulbasaur. "You..." Jet-Jack called weakly. The drowsiness overwhelmed him. Falling to his knees, he struggled to remain awake. Yes, he remembered the Bulbasaur. The instantaneous moment before action, this Bulbasaur had called to them. Inquiring about something. He did not have any hostile intentions so perhaps he could humour his request.

"May I ask why you were fighting?"

A Grovyle. He truly hates these accursed grass typers. This state would not be acceptable. Jet-Jack gathered his fist and struck his own stomach. A momentary gasp before the Hitmonlee sucked in the air again. His figure straightened itself out; the torpor had vanished. Once again, he towered over the opponent but this time, he did not wish to fight. A few coughs, lingering effects from the self-inflicted gut punch. "Ahem, your friend over there had begun an altercation with one of those magnemites," Jet-Jack lifted his thumb and pointed it at the magnemites in view. "I intervened to stop the situation and offered ample chances to stop hostilities. To which," Pointed at the Kecleon. "did not respond well." Jet-Jack then turned around to point at the Bulbasaur. "He is the second intervener and I do not know him." Then Jet-Jack waltzed over to Zip who still had his jacket and whipped it off him. Then he flicked Zip above his eye. "A freaking berry, are you kidding me!?" Still flabbergasted at the stupidity of the magnemite.

Draping the orange jacket over his shoulder, Jet-Jack returned to the Groyvle. "Now then, the situation is resolved and I expect for it to not devolve into another fight." A sideways glance was thrown to Zip. "I also expect the provocateur to apologise towards the Kecleon for stealing his berry!" His voice was raised loud enough for everyone within the vicinity to hear. A grumbling sound escaped from the Hitmonlee. Except it was from his stomach. "If there is nothing more for me to do here, I'm gonna get some grub from one of the Poke Marts."

"Ah! Wait wait wait!" Bud quickly interjected. "I need to ask- has anyone seen a black and blue pokemon wandering around here? He's about as tall as me, four legs? Furry? He's blind and only a baby. He gets lost easily."

"Oof-" the little Deino did his best to follow the Bulbasaur up onto the flower stand and through the window, but landed roughly inside.

He sniffed about, putting his mouth on anything he walked into to get a sense of the space. The place had a strong smell, and taste. It reminded him of flower meadows or of Bud.

As soon as he discovered a berry bag, his tail wagged and he began to munch away, tearing at the bag with his teeth.

Estelle sighed, her mouth turning into as much of a frown as an Eevee could conceivably manage. The Deino had finally made his way in with them. Either way, she couldn't blame him for indulging, considering how tough things were for a lot of Pokemon once the humans left. That was why many of them had become hostile towards one another after all. The struggle for survival took priority over all else.

Even so...Estelle gave him a nudge, remembering that he probably couldn't see her. "Don't finish them all. They'll run out if we don't plant a few."

Stereotyping might not be a good idea, but she gave Chisa an approving nod anyway. "You'd like to plant them? Good. If we bring them back to my place, we'll have plenty of room."

The sounds of fighting from the outside had slowed down, but from where they'd dropped down...Estelle didn't have a way back to the window.

She leaned against the door, pushing ineffectually. "I hope those brutes have come to their senses..." The Hitmonlee's loud voice echoed through the town. "Or not."

CyberJackal CyberJackal Taigakitt Taigakitt

Thrynn peeked from behind the crates as the last attack dissipated and she heard two other pokemon enter the scene. A bulbasaur was standing upwind from the combatants and there was now a big, scary grovile holding the sneasel. 'Oh no! They're gonna start another fight!' she thought to herself as she watched on. As she prepared, she noticed that the two were talking, not fighting. Upon seeing this, she relaxed a little more before the hitmonlee started talking again. He was pretty bossy, in her opinion. As she surveyed what happened, she noticed that the bulbasaur was using sleep powder, a move that would incapacitate the fighters. She quietly admitted to herself that she thought that was a good move on their part.

Thrynn was about to walk over to the bulbasaur when she remembered that she was currently with another pokemon. In the entire starting up of the fight, she had forgotten for a moment that the last of the trio of magnemites was with her. In fact, it was odd for her to see a trio of magnemites that hadn't fully evolved into a magneton. Or at least, she has never seen a magneton pull apart like they do. Thrynn watched a moment, taking note of how careful the hitmonlee was with the jacket. Perhaps she could talk to him later about that.

She then turned to the magnemite with her and nodded. "I-I think they're done with the fighting. However, I... was going to ask your name before you took off." She smiled awkwardly like a child. She offered a claw, like her parents taught her. Of course, this was usually a human tradition so she wasn't too expectant of a return.

full

Curri
Town Square, Skyblue Town
Interactions: withinasapphire withinasapphire

Though awaiting the pichu's response, Curri was quickly distracted by the changes in the fight's situation. It all happened so suddenly, the Bulbasaur that was sneaking around the edge of the arena released a powder of some type, causing the fight to be immediately ended by the Hitmonlee's next kick. Said Hitmonlee also punched himself in the gut afterwards for some reason, and the Kecleon was caught by a Grovyle who had just arrived at the scene.

"Hmm, it sure looks like it." Curri concluded faintly after hearing the pichu's comment, though she was initially worried that the fight would devolve into a Hitmonlee versus Grovyle situation next. Seeing how that didn't seem to be the case as they appeared to be discussing things rather peacefully, Curri was about to turn and leave when she heard the Hitmonlee yell about the cause of the whole situation.

Her eyes, partially covered by the saucepan on her head, floated over towards the buildings that were damaged during the fight. "All that for a berry?" She couldn't help but murmur, thinking back to how she was casually gifted one earlier today. "Wait, the Hitmonlee wasn't even part of the cause for the fight?" She continued mumbling her questioning thoughts to herself about the matter, before glancing down and recalling the saucepans she had placed on her head as well as the pichu's.

"Oh, sorry, guess I got a bit carried away with the whole protection thing." Curri spoke up before taking the spinning saucepan off of the pichu's head and placing it back through the window where she found it. As she tried to do the same with her own saucepan however, she realized that she couldn't get it off her head no matter how hard she tried. After shaking her head a hundred times a minute with a speed even she didn't know she had, she realized this thing was definitely stuck on her head. Did she have a big head? Or was the saucepan too small? Thinking about the matter made her sit and contemplate life for a moment.

Remembering the new companion she had met just recently, she quickly trotted back to the pichu and asked for help a little embarrassedly. "Hey, uh, do you think you could help me get this off my head?"

A Little Fight

b5pzlfuuz6m71.jpg

Zip, Zap, P-Out
Town Square, Skyblue Town

Interaction:
Zap - Thyrnn DawnStreak DawnStreak
Zip and Grovyle - Jet-Jack Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , Bud CyberJackal CyberJackal Kecleon,

Mention:
Flowerpot rack group (Danny, Estelle, Chisa)
CyberJackal CyberJackal Nellancholy Nellancholy Taigakitt Taigakitt

Around:
At the sideline (Rene, Curri)
withinasapphire withinasapphire SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

The fight was done! Zap was happy. It wouldn't be attacked! It hummed happily, clearly in a good mood.

"Bzt!" (Zap! Nice to meet you!)

Hand shakes were a foreign concept for the Pokemon with no hands. The Magnemite orbited around Thyrnn with a happy look, almost nuzzling against her head. Static raised the Sneasel's fur standing. The Sneasel was nice and didn't look like the type to eat Magnemites, so they could be friends!

"Bzzt!" (Let's go over. I'll introduce you to the others!)

The Grovyle shook his head at the mention of a berry. A berry. He truly has worried for nothing. "As long as no one is hurt badly." He shot a disapproving glare at Zip, who still spun dizzily after the forehead flick. "I know Flak enough. He would not attack without a reason."

Zip protested.
"Bzt...!" (Who are you to...!)

CRASH

A punch from the Grovyle penetrated the ground like butter. Zip shivered. That punch looked very similar to the Focus Punch Flak the Kecleon tried on it. Its pupil shrunk to a dot. The Grovyle was shorter than Flak the Kecleon, but without Jet-Jack covering its ass, a Focus Punch was very, very scary.

"B-bzt." (S-sorry.)

"Say it again to Flak once he woke up."
Satisfied with Zip's behavior, the Grovyle relaxed and started looking around. The town no longer had humans, and it was just as curious as the others. However, Bud's question stopped him before he left. He glanced at Zip, who quickly shook its head. It didn't see any Pokemon like that.

"I'll keep an eye on anyone with that description," the Grovyle promised. He jumped to the closest window he could see, the flower shop window, and was astonished silent. Inside was a Bulbasaur, an Eevee... and a Pokemon that matched the description nicely.

"Well," he turned to Bud with a faint smile. "you don't need to look far."

P-Out felt left out. Everything was done when it arrived and it was more confused than anything. At least the fight is over! P-Out flew around the square. The square looked rough. If anyone needed help, it wouldn't hesitate to offer any!

Well, it seemed as if things were winding down around here. Rene sighed. He hadn't intended to witness a fight on that type of scale. But at least it was over now.

"A berry?" Rene could almost laugh when he heard the supposed reason for why that whole fight started in the first place. The action felt familiar, like this wouldn't be the first time he had heard about absurd origins for an all-out fight. It was odd. He doesn't know why he felt like that. Quickly shaking it off -- it's probably nothing -- Rene turned his attention towards the Numel when she spoke to him.

"
Oh..uh, no. You're good. Those guys could've been goin' at it for hours, for all we knew." Rene figured those with the ability to battle with all they had wouldn't be opposed to such an idea.

He sent the Numel a questioning look when he watched as she started shaking her head. "
You alright?" He asked before he could really stop himself. But as soon as the words left him, he took notice of the saucepan that still remained on her head, and he managed to make sense of her actions. Even with that connection made, though, he couldn't help but to still be taken aback just a bit when she asked for his assistance.

"
Uh.." He glanced at the Numel, looking her up and down. "..I guess." He could try, at least. He'd have to climb up to reach her head in order to properly take the saucepan off. It must be stuck if she isn't able to shake it off. So, jumping and whacking it off probably wasn't an option for him.

With that in mind, Rene averted his eyes from her. "
I'm gonna try something." He said, not wanting to surprise her. Rene then proceeded to jump up, pulling himself onto her back. Standing up slowly, he had to balance himself. Being on top of a hump was a new experience.

"
Okay..um." Rene quietly mumbled, eyeing the saucepan. Being careful not to fall off, Rene reached over and grabbed hold of the saucepan's handle, taking it off after a bit of work and effectively freeing the Numel's head from the saucepan's grasp. "Got it." He said finally, hopping off the Numel with saucepan still in hand.

Interactions: Zap, P-out Damafaud Damafaud

Thrynn realized how odd her gesture at a handshake must have been, so she lowered her claws to avoid seeming to be aggressive. She sure was trying not to be aggressive, but most pokemon assume that her predator-like features make her hostile when in reality it's quite the opposite. Her spirits faded a little as she began lowering her paw to her side, her smile slightly dipping as she noticed that it was probably the wrong move.

As soon as her thoughts began to rush in, she stopped due to Zap flying around her head. She felt the static rush through her fur and it stood up on it's ends, making her giggle as it tickled her scalp. Getting a name was a great start, and she was about to respond when the magnemite offered her to join it with the other magnemites. Her smile widened and her eyes brightened considerably at the mention of an invitation to join a group of other pokemon. Even if it was just for introductions, she has always been left out or avoided because she was a sneasel. Since sneasel were not just predators, but also usually troublemakers, she was often times unfairly ostracized.

"O-oh, yeah. The others." She grinned as she flattened her fur on her head again, taking special care with her gem. She lead the way out of the alleyway as she watched the grovyle leap into the flower shop and stop in the window. As it turned around, she noticed the sleeping kecleon. "Huh, guess that's taken care of." She stated as she approached P-out. "My name's Thrynn, I think I met your friend Zap. We took cover over there." She motioned with her head in the direction they were coming from. As she did so, she was raising her paw again to offer a shake, then lowered it as an embarrassed blush crossed the bridge of her nose. 'That's right, they can't do that...' She thought to herself.

"Danny!" Bud called loudly, running toward the window.

From the inside, his voice was muffled, but Danny perked up, pausing in his feast in slight confusion. "Uggy?" he said with his mouth full.

Bud skidded to a stop at the window. He had no idea how to open it, but it was open about an inch. He slid his vines under it and when it shifted he figured out what to do. He lifted it and pulled himself inside by his particularly strong vines.

"Danny!" he exclaimed again. "What have I told you about wandering off without me! Something bad could've happened!"

Danny just tilted his head, looking very confused, and sniffed at the air. "But... You're here already?"

Bud finally took in the others. An Eevee and... Another Bulbasaur. He sighed. He could see how Danny got confused. Bulbasaurs tended to have a flowery aroma, and to others, members of the same species of Pokemon can sound very similar.

"Danny... That's another Bulbasaur, but that's not me," he tried to explain. "I have bells, remember?" He jangled them.

"Two Bubbies??"

While Danny tried to puzzle it all out, Bud addressed the others. "I hope he hasn't been too much trouble? I know he can be a handful."

It didn't take long for another Bulbasaur to slip into the flower shop, making his way over to Estelle and the others. Good to see that apparently most of the Pokemon in this area understood how to break and enter into human buildings. What wasn't so good was the fact that Estelle's nose was apparently going, if she wasn't able to smell this "Danny" coming in.

Still, this clumsy child had apparently found their friend again, and would therefore thankfully be leaving her alone now.

"Not as much of a...handful as those brutes outside apparently are." That was a figure of speech that she would never get used to using. "I trust they've stopped? One of them beaten into unconsciousness perhaps."

As she spoke her disapproval, she nudged a few berries onto a convenient sheet of plastic with her paws, probably the kind meant for wrapping bouquets back in the day. Folding up the plastic, she held it in her mouth. "Come on, child." She nodded to Chisa.

Bracing herself against one of the lower racks, she tried to push it to the window so they could climb out.

CyberJackal CyberJackal Taigakitt Taigakitt

__hitmonlee_pokemon_drawn_by_newo_shinra_p__f0343df38a82aa967a666976a91fd0af.png

Jet-Jack
Main Street, Skyblue Town

Interaction: - Damafaud Damafaud (Zip, Kecleon, Grovyle), CyberJackal CyberJackal (Bud and Danny), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Chisa) and Nellancholy Nellancholy (Stella);

Mention: - No mentions;

Around:
Anyone in the Square of Skyblue town;

The grovyle appeared pleased by Jet-Jack's explanation. A small blessing as the fighter did not wish to further prolong this bellicose beatdown. "Yes, well... He's certainly not your average Kecleon." An off-handed comment voicing Jet-Jack's inner thoughts. Then that magnemite began to voice its' displeasure before immediately being silenced by a demonstration of that grovyle's power. The orange-clad kicker was not fazed by such theatrics though he did find it funny. Zip squeaked like a Pichu, prompting a hearty chuckle from the hitmonlee. The Bulbasaur that released the knockout gas, grabbed his attention. It seems that he was looking for a blue-furred friend? "I'll be on the lookou—" Before he could even finish extending his word, that grovyle immediately bounded for the search. Taking Jet-Jack quite literally aback. Puzzled to see what it found, Jet-Jack followed. Though unlike leaping through a dusty window, Jet-Jack just turned the knob.

Inside, Jet-Jack was surprised to find another bulbsaur, that creature perfectly described by other bulba, and a thin-haired eevee. Just in time to hear the Eevee call him a brute. Deeply insulted, Jet-Jack rolled up a sleeve exposing his white banded arm. "A brute?! Why I oughtta! Lifting his tightened knuckle before relaxing his hand. "Ha, I'm just jostling the tree." The tone in his voice had been relaxed, no longer so strictly formal or acting like a hard-arse. He was glad that the Bulbasaur found his friend again, and his friend found another Bulbasaur. Jet knows what it's like to be so bitterly alone. But enough about the past, when the future is so grumbly. Or rather Jet-Jack's stomach was grumbling. "I'll be scrounging the Poke mart if any of you want to come with me." Extending an offer to the mons present, he sincerely doubts they would take him up on it. But he could use an extra hand around the dojo and it wouldn't hurt to at least know a few of the new residents.

Chisa
In Scene: Estelle ( Nellancholy Nellancholy ) | Danny and Buddy ( CyberJackal CyberJackal ) | Jet-Jack ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ) | Grovyle ( Damafaud Damafaud )​

1648325260069.pngChisa watched as the Deino tore into a bag of berries with gusto. She almost wondered if he was starving. The decision not to feast on any was solidified in her mind at that moment. Yes, she did a good thing.

As the Eevee inquired if Chisa would like to plant some of the seeds that she had grabbed, the Bulbasaur offered a nod, “Yes. I like to watch them grow.” She shuffled shyly, “It’s kinda like… I feel pride when I do well.

She cast her gaze up at the window, listening for the noise outside. It indeed sounded like it was slowing down. Gone as quickly as it started–

When the Eevee pushed against the door, Chisa set the seed packets down before padding over. “I think we’ll be fine in here until we’re certain they’re done. I can get us back out the way we came–” she looked up at the window that was partially open as she spoke, becoming startled as a Grovyle hopped up into view.

She jumped, skidded on a puddle from a leak in the ceiling and bonked her head on a shelf.

Did he see them!? Was he a threat!? Was he part of the fight!? Was he going to drag them in!?

A ton of questions raced through her mind as she hopped in place, side to side in a small panic, trying to figure out the best course of action. The window was her only known in-and-out at that moment. She wondered if there was another way out.

The shout for a “Danny” outside sounded like it was closer too.

When the sound of the berry bag ruffling and munching briefly stopped, she noticed that the Deino had seemed to recognize the voice.

Ah, maybe the “Buddy” he was thinking she was?

Oh no, she forgot to correct him. Horror overtook her face. A Grovyle in the window, looking like he wants to cut them up into pieces, a Bulbasaur outside that was probably in the fight–

Vines touched the window.

She squeaked and tucked herself into a torn-open berry bag. Maybe not the best hiding place.

Her bulb must have been sticking out, because then the sound of the other Bulbasaur was definitely inside the shop.

Her shaking the bag with her trembling undoubtedly also gave her away.

Turning around, she cautiously stepped out and nodded, “N-no. We were all just trying to get away from the fight.

As the Eevee notioned for Chisa, she nodded, grabbing as many seed packets as she could carry in her vines.

Y-yes!

Then the door swung open.

EEEEE—

Chisa shrieked, dropped her seed packets, and took off running deeper into the building.

For a Delicious Treat!

b5pzlfuuz6m71.jpg

Zip, Zap, P-Out
Upstream, Power Plant River

Interaction:
-

Mention:
SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Taigakitt Taigakitt Nellancholy Nellancholy withinasapphire withinasapphire DawnStreak DawnStreak Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian CyberJackal CyberJackal Crow Crow

Around:
-

C4fNa6iVUAM1gyF.jpg

"Bzt..." (I don't see anything upstream...)

Zap floated down from above the waterfall helplessly to its new friend Thyrnn.

It heard it from Flak, who heard it from the Grovyle, who heard it from someone else, that the mystical Starf Berry was growing somewhere upstream the Power Plant River. Zap was skeptical, but it heard it from P-Out too, who heard it not from its Zigzagoon friend who heard it from a Mudkip whose mother used to live with a Wooper that knew a Abra that claimed to be from upstream, so it must be true!

Zap was only going to ask Thyrnn, but it also heard a strong, scary pokemon was guarding the tree, so it asked Zip along, who agreed, but also pestered Jet-Jack to come along. Strong, scary pokemon? No way! What if it was a rock or a ground type again?!

P-Out blabbed about the berry to the others, too, like so the group got large... but P-Out ended up not coming with them. Traitor.

CRASH

"Bzztzzt...?" (Anyone found... anything?)

Meanwhile, Zip was more busy practising its Gyro Ball move against the cliff. Zap taught it how to, but it somehow couldn't figure out how to spin so fast so slowly like Zip did. After recovering from its confusion, Zip went at it again.

Upstream of Power Plant River, the water was shallow and clear, only about 5 cm tall, though there was a surprising drop where it suddenly became very deep near the waterfall. Rocks could act as stepping stones for those who didn't want to get wet, but the moss on some surface could make it difficult to keep balance.

Anyone exploring the rocky right side of the shore would find a Magikarp splashing helplessly on dry land. How did it got there, no one knew.

Above the rock poking from the waterfall, there was something interesting... a thick curtain of vines that looked unnatural to the sharp eyed.

Jet-Jack
Rocky Shore, Power Plant River

Interaction: - (Zip) Nellancholy Nellancholy (Estella);

Mention: Damafaud Damafaud (Zap), DawnStreak DawnStreak (Thyrnn);

Around:
Nellancholy Nellancholy plus whoever else;

The calming rush of the stream and fall imbibed Jet's mind with serenity. While he has been on this island for an extended period of time, the lack of exploration dampened his wilderness experience. His clawed feet crushed and mulched the dirt beneath him. A part of him just can't fathom that he actually got dragged along to find this magical berry. Apparently, Zap heard about this from a train's length of hearsay that this berry could be found in this area. Though so far he remains to be impressed. He did find a berry, not the fabled berry, but a delicious berry nonetheless.

One of the magnemites, whose name eludes Jet-Jack at the moment, was practising a move. Good, he thought. A pokemon's duty should always be towards the self-refinement of its' moves. In fact, Jack could see him practising from his current position. "Oh, right." The fighter muttered softly. This was that Zippy one, the one that he sparred. Even better, he must be taking the lessons he learned to heart. "Try spinning in the opposite direction of your path! It should slow down your speed!" Jet-Jack's booming voice closed the distance between Zip and him.

With suggestions dispensed, Jet moved in search of that damnable berry. He ran into that Eevee from that house in the square. "Oh, they dragged you into this too, huh?" Jet-Jack's natural cadence returned, embodying the cool air itself. His hands were tucked in his jacket and unlike the others here, he most likely wasn't searching for that berry too hard. He did initially accept this as a bodyguarding task. Which reminded him of that Sneasal who was engaged that Kecleon or at least stopped a focus punch.

The air surrounding the "Power Plant River" was humid but not too warm, the kind of day that wouldn't cause too much problems for furry Pokemon. It seemed like so long ago that this place was the seat of the humans' power, in more ways than one. With the power plant inactive but mostly intact, there was a certain sense of desolation and...romance, looking at it from afar. Nonetheless, Estelle wasn't interested in digging around in those abandoned buildings. Perhaps if there was an Alakazam or something else with both the brains and the hands for the job on this island, they might try to make something of the remaining machines and scattered parts.

As her tiny paws padded along the rocky shore, Estelle let the vital energy of the vast forest and the mighty river surge over her. If she was a Vaporeon...she could not only swim swiftly and surely through the water, but feel it revitalize her old bones. Even so, she was content the way she was.

She cast her gaze over the surface of the water, the sounds of several other Pokemon's movements and activities filling the area. She took notice of the flopping Magikarp for a moment. Someone should really help them out. Before she could make a decision either way, the considerably taller Hitmonlee approached and addressed her.

She didn't recognise him, but simply considering his type alone, she got a fairly good idea who he might be. "There is no leash on us anymore, young man. I don't know about you, but I don't get dragged around anymore." Her reply was dry, and a little smug. "What brings you here today? I do hope it isn't another...altercation. In fact..." She glanced at the Magikarp again.

Damafaud Damafaud Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Taigakitt Taigakitt

Thrynn wasn't the best climber, and the rocks were wet. So, she decided that since the day was hot and she was overheating, she would flop down in the water. The shallower part of course. She wasn't a very good swimmer on account of her paws ending in claws and not webbed fingers or toes, so she didn't really decide to get much deeper than enough to comfortably cool off in. As she was enjoying the mixture of the warm sun and the cool water, Zap had come down by her and she looked up to it. She gave a small smile and furrowed her eyebrows. "I-I'm sorry Zap. The way you guys described the berries sounds absolutely delectable." Her shy tone was a slight bit louder than usual to make up for the sound of rushing water nearby. "I sure would like to try one." She placed her paws on her belly, which was rumbling softly. She had forgotten to pack a snack and she had no luck in finding berries that she liked.

As she was laying and watching Zap float around, she sat up to watch as Zip began training. It sure looked like a strong move. It would probably knock her out in one hit once it got the hang of it. In fact, most of her companions could do the same. A feeling of helplessness washed over her and she stared up at the sky. Near the top of the cliff was a cluster of vines that grew quite densely. She always thought that vines were quite the decoration. She actually one day asked her parents if they would find some ivy that could grow on the outside of the shed. Of course, they never could find any on the island nearby and they wouldn't let her go out without others around to protect her until recently when she became old enough to look after herself. She smiled and looked over to Jet-jack when he called out to Zip to instruct it on bettering it's move.

"Hey Zap. What actually is this berry anyway?" She asked as she gave a smile and wave to Jet-jack. To her, he was becoming something of an older brother. She certainly felt an attachment after he saved her, so she has been repaying it by doing what she can for him at the dojo. Even if he wasn't aware that she was helping at the dojo just yet. She had been trying to find a way to approach him, but she was always too nervous. Thrynn sighed inwardly as she thought over the couple of times she weeded the garden when Jet-jack left the dojo and she couldn't bring herself to approach him. She mentally scolded herself each time for being so awkward, but she was at least glad she could keep herself disciplined enough to follow through with helping. Despite how useless her help really felt in the long run.

full

Curri
Upstream Shallows, Power Plant River
Interactions: withinasapphire withinasapphire

Carefully wading through the shallow waters upstream of the Power Plant River, Curri lazily kept an eye out for any leads towards where the fabled Starfberry tree could be hiding. Rather than the strong mythical power such a berry was said to hold, she was far more interested in the mythical deliciousness such a berry could give in a curry! As much as she drooled at the thought, after realizing how many other pokemon had been gathered for the trip, Curri lost hope in actually being able to secure one for herself. Still going on an adventure for something she had only heard of in stories and tales, seemed like a fun pastime.

Since you've been abandoned, you're just randomly chasing myths and legends now huh, Curri?

Her movements halted briefly at the sudden harsh self-reflection that struck her mind, though she tried to quickly throw it to the back of her mind. These annoying thoughts that haunted her since that day would eventually fade with time. She'd been having a lot of fun over the past few days too after all, she'd met so many pokemon! The little swablu that had given her a berry and hitched a ride on her back, the same one Curri tried to protect on the day of the fight, ended up introducing her to a bunch of other flying-type pokemon! Though... they kinda seemed like... they were in a gang? Hm, she didn't quite know how to describe them. Other than that, she'd been running around town helping various pokemon out with odd jobs. Spending all day working at her own leisurely pace, idly greeting and briefly chatting whenever she passed by those she knew... It was kind of like the old days.

She couldn't help but let a bitter smile form on her face.

"Rene, how are you faring? See anything?" Curri called out after recovering her expression, skirting around the deeper sections of the stream and the energetic lot of pokemon that looked like they'd splash water everywhere. She didn't want to risk getting her hump wet, the most annoying thing in the world was when her lava was cooled. It was like she was suddenly carrying a ton of bricks on her back, she hoped she could avoid that, if possible.

Looking towards the pichu that she had somehow managed to pester enough to join her on this expedition, she smiled gently. Though the way they met was pretty abrupt, she was glad to be able to call him, who she now knew to be called Rene, her friend. She found him a little funny and easy to read at times, in many ways, he reminded her of her past owner. "Oh, also, I hadn't had the chance to ask you lately, but what've you been up to these days?"

Rene was pretty sure this was the end for him.

Eyes staring down in horror at the water that laid beneath, his back was pressed against one of the rocks as well as he was able. More than once, he almost lost his balance thanks to the moss that decorated parts of the rock, but Rene refused to enter the water. Just the thought of it was enough for fear to flood through his small body.

Really, he didn't know why he agreed to come along to something like this. It was..a lot, in more ways than one. He didn't initially plan on coming, having been content to spend his time lazing around in areas that humans have long since abandoned. Yet..a certain Numel had practically wrangled him into tagging along. Or, well, more accurately Rene had given in after some time.

If he had known where exactly they were headed, Rene would have never done such a thing.

At the thought of that Numel -- Curri, he had to remind himself -- his eyes flicked towards where she stood in the accursed stream. He did his best to try and hide the horrified expression that threated to overtake his face completely. Luckily, the words she called out to him helped as a distraction, just a bit. "Uh." He glanced around a bit. All he saw was water. Quickly, he looked away, focusing more on Curri's face. "N..No. There's nothing here..just water.."

Water. The kind of thing that consumes you when you get plunged into it, clouding your vision as you sink further from the surface, until for some reason you wake up somewhere completely different. Like some kind of cruel joke.

A voice pulled him out from his own head. Rene breathed in, registering it. Curri. Right. He looked at her again, deciding to concentrate more on her than anything else. "
Uh.."

He had to think. What has he been up to? Mostly, he's spent his time on his own, wandering around to less populated places. His own kind of hideaways. Sometimes he claims one of the old houses as his own and fills it with any kind of items that he collects. Recently, he's begun taking a bunch of oran berries and hiding it around inside a completely different house. If any other pokemon went in there, they would find oran berries everywhere they looked. It was a fun pastime.

Rene didn't know how to articulate all that though. So instead he shrugged. "
..you know. Just hanging around. Doing whatever."

Now more than ever, Rene wished he could be back in the more grass-filled areas, picking oran berries as he pleased. At least those exist. This..Starf Berry..seemed more like a trick. It couldn't be real..could it?

Chisa
Mentions: Jet-Jack ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ) | Estelle ( Nellancholy Nellancholy ) | Danny and Buddy ( CyberJackal CyberJackal )​

1648853197681.pngThe past terrifying day was one Chisa would remember probably for the rest of her life.

A Hitmonlee almost kicked her to the moon (or so she thinks), but she also made three new friends.

After things had calmed down, she had found Danny and Buddy again. Not long after that, she managed to find Estelle. Chisa helped plant some things in the gardens in the days that went by!

Then it comes to today.

Today, there was a buzz going on about a special berry at a river near the power plant.

Chisa was curious, more or less because if it was a rare berry, she wanted to see if she couldn’t get some seeds to plant elsewhere so they could have more.

Not only that, but there was another mission!

Buddy and Danny felt it would be a good idea for Chisa to get her own noise maker so Danny would stop confusing Buddy and Chisa. Something that sounded different.

She’d been on the lookout since it was brought up, but two Starly with one stone, right?

Ew, why did humans say that? She shuddered at the remembered sentence. It didn’t make sense to her, truly.

Brushing the chills off, she wanted to go meet Estelle since she heard that she might be there.

Walking through a bush, her red eyes caught a familiar, terrifying sight. And she might have been in direct eyesight of that Hitmonlee.

Her body froze in place, where one paw was held in the air. She felt her face go pale and she shuddered, which of course rustled the leaves of the bush she was still partially in.

With a squeak, she quickly tucked back into the bush, tucking her head under her paws and hoping to goodness he didn’t see her.

He’s here!? Of course he’s here! Everyone heard about it! So the berry police wanted to be involved, right? He wanted to kick me back then because I stole some seeds! That was it, wasn’t it?!

For a Delicious Treat

b5pzlfuuz6m71.jpg

Zip and Zap

Interaction:
Zap - Thyrnn DawnStreak DawnStreak
Magikarp - Estelle and Jet-Jack Nellancholy Nellancholy Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Mention:
Zip and huge water splash! (Feel free to decide if you want to be affected by this)
SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Taigakitt Taigakitt withinasapphire withinasapphire CyberJackal CyberJackal Crow Crow

Around:
-

The growl of Thyrnn's stomach reminded Zap of its own hunger. It regretted not taking its fill when they were closer to the power line, but they were getting close! Definitely! Zap propped up again, buzzing with energy. And what Starf Berry is?! The Magnemite's eye widened to a circle.

"Bzzt!" (It's the most delicious berry in the whole world!)
Or so it heard from the TV.

"Bzzt..." (It's spicy, dry, sweet, bitter, and sour at the same time, and is very very rare, it's said to be almost impossible to find...)
Or so its trainer used to say.

"Bzzt!" (But ohh, if you make a curry or a yummy block out of it, it's going to be the best!)
Said the Magnemite that couldn't read or cook.

Even so, Zap was optimistic. It chattered ceaselessly at Thyrnn, who had quickly became its closest friend with Zip and P-Out. She was nice and let it talked as it wanted, not like Zip who complained or P-Out who often just wandered off when it wasn't finished talking.

Zap noticed Thyrnn waving at Jet-Jack and stopped its orbiting chatter. It tilted its body curiously.

"Bzzt?" (Are you close with Jet-Jack?)

Thyrnn had been going to the dojo several times. Zap didn't know what Tyrnn was doing there, but it never really say Thrynn talking with Jet-Jack either. Not that it was close! The most Zap had talked with Jet-Jack was when the Hitmonlee mistook it for Zip, which was understandable.

What did a Hitmonlee would knew... about spinning!

Zip grumbled while still trying to be rid of its dizziness. Silently, of course. It didn't like it, but Jet-Jack decimated it at their sparring. They still couldn't evolve into a Magneton, so it had to learn something new to get stronger.

Jet-Jack didn't stay long. Zip looked around and saw that everyone was kind of everywhere. Zap was chatting with Thyrnn, the Pichu and Numel... ah, seriously, P-Out and Zip were the one that invited the others! It wasn't its fault it didn't know their name!

Facing the cliff side once more, Zip decided to try Jet-Jack's advice anyway. Not that it would be any good...!

Eh? It's working, it's working-!

"BZZT!" (MAKE WAY!)

Zip screamed as it lost control of its trajectory. It tried to slow down, but instead it ricocheted off the cliff to a stone under, the cliff again, and SPLOOSH! Water flew everywhere as it dived right to the deep end of the river.

Magikarp used Splash at Estelle.

Nothing happened!

Somehow, that Magikarp had managed to get itself well and truly beached. Estelle had to admire its tenacity, if not its sense of coordination as it flopped and hopped, seemingly doing all in its power to try and get back into the water. Well, it HAD to be tenacious or else it would...

Seeing as no one else had stepped forward to provide any assistance, occupied (or distracted) as they were with their own affairs (like that apparently rare and valuable Berry), Estelle trotted ahead to try and give it some assistance. And just as she got close to it...

"Aaaghpt!" In its throes, the Magikarp kicked up the thin layer of water drenching the shore, splattering Estelle's face. She scrunched her face up, sticking out her tongue for a second. "Yes,yes." She glared at the writhing fish Pokemon. "I'm sure this is very thrilling to you. Now then." Lowering her head, she braced her hind legs and steadily pushed the heavier Pokemon, its scaly body slipping over the wet rock fairly smoothly as she gradually managed to return it to whence it came.

"There." Despite its furious exertions a moment before, the Magikarp seemed to revitalize the moment it soaked in. Its eyes turned to a cheerful smile as it splashed around more, uttering a "blub blub" of thanks to Estelle.

"Aaagh!" Estelle gasped again, unable to hop out of the way before more water soaked her. "Of course, this is the thanks I get..." Taking a few more steps back, she set herself firmly on the grass and closed her eyes. A faint humming began to fill the air as she gathered electrical energy into herself. Her fur rustled and stiffened and stood on end,and-

Poof!

-every single hair on her body stood on end, now completely dry as the electrical charge evaporated the water.

It wasn't until then that she turned, noticing Chisa cowering in the bushes. "Ah, there you are." Estelle muttered from under her spines. "Come on now, we won't find that Berry if you just lay there."

Damafaud Damafaud Taigakitt Taigakitt

Jet-Jack
Rocky Shore, Power Plant River

Interaction: - Nellancholy Nellancholy (Estella), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Chisa);

Mention: Damafaud Damafaud (Zap), DawnStreak DawnStreak (Thyrnn); CyberJackal CyberJackal (Bud & Danny)

Around:
Nellancholy Nellancholy plus whoever else;

Jet-Jack, ever the stoic, did not reciprocate the Eevee's raspy retort to his words. In fact, he did not even know why she replied this way. Perhaps, it is simply her nature. Though the accusation of a leash indicated that there might have been trouble in paradise. Little did she know that Jet-Jack sympathises with her position. Even after all these years, the memories bit Jack in his sleep. The serrated whips, the beatings from other fighting pokemon, even electrocution at times. He did not need to close his eyes to remember them, his history is all etched into his tough skin. But with the downpour of such despondency, a light always pierced the dark clouds. If the hitmonlee had a mouth, he would smile in solemnity. He met eyes with Estella. "In a similar vein," He spoke, connecting Estella's question about fighting. "One of the magnemites pestered me to tag along. A kind of bodyguard if you can believe it." He shrugged.

His eyes glanced over at Zip who was still in the process of recovery, that sneasal was also there. In response to her wave, Jet-Jack shot an acknowledging nod-not wishing to remove his hands from his pockets. Then the beached Magikarp had gotten his attention. These things always seemed to get this way. Jet-Jack would normally kick it into the water but the Eevee had already gotten to it. For her troubles, she got splashed as all things involving Magikarps end with; which is why Jet-Jack preferred the efficient and effective way. Just kick the bloody thing.

The Eevee dried itself with an electric charge, innovative though it made her look like a pincurchin. Jet-Jack sauntered over to see who she was conversing with, "Oh, it's that Bulbasaur or..." But Jet-Jack bent and squinted his eyes. "No, wait, you weren't that Bulbasaur looking for his buddy."

Last edited:
Interaction: Damafaud Damafaud
Mention: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

As Thrynn lowered her paw and Jet-Jack gave her a nod, she let out an amused huff. "N-no. I have been trying to be friends. But... But he's kind of hard to work with sometimes." She sighed, leaning back on her paws. "N-not that that's particularly bad. I'm sure he has his reasons." She giggled as she recalled the starf berry descriptions. Her eyes glittered as they lit up at the thought of the yummy berry. "So this berry is all of the flavors together at the same time, and it can be used in amazing recipes? No wonder why it's rare and legendray." She couldn't help but feel awe about their excitement towards a berry. It's something simple, yet they can't help themselves but to get excited.

She closed her eyes as she closed her eyes. "Honestly... I-I don't completely care about the berry." She scratched at her face as she essentially thought out loud. "I just came because you all were here and I figured it'd be fun. Also... I-I'm just glad to have you around to talk to, Zap. You make me feel better." She smiled at him as she soaked in the shallow water. She chuckled to herself again as she recounted her younger years.

One particular memory crossed her mind as she stared at the sky.

---- (start memory)

Thrynn stared at the sky on the edge of the same river they were at now. At this point, she was a smaller sneasel with a curious glint in her eyes. The distant sound of a waterfall gently washed over the woods as she sat alone. She smiled to herself at the thought of friends in the future. Of course, that's not going to happen, not to her. She scoffed at herself for being too shy.

"Why?" She asked herself, putting her head down to her knees. "Why can't I seem to make friends. Everyone I meet seems to think that I am going to eat them." She stated.

"That's weird. You're not scary, though. There are plenty of other pokemon who are scary."

"I know. I'm glad you agree with me. I just think it's funny." She chuckled.

"Of course I agree with you. You're just a shy young sneasel. I guess they just don't know what they're missing out on."

"Yeah." She looked up at the river with a smile. "I'm glad you're here with me." She continued to stare, completely alone at the side of the river as the sky started turning orange.

---- (End memory)

Thrynn blinked the thoughts away as she glanced up to Zip, who was splashing into the river. She could immediately feel a tingle in her toes as the electrical ball of metal dipped below the surface. Water splashed onto her face from the impact with the water. She brought her paws to her chest and let out a happy yip. "Hey, Zip! You did it!" She cheered when she remembered that he was working on a move. she then turned back to Zap again. "By the way... I-I was going to let Jet-jack know because he's observant, but I guess he's busy. But there are some vines up there by the top of the cliff. I was thinking that they were pretty, then I was looking around. There's no vines anywhere else, though, so I thought I was weird." She pointed up to the clifftop.

Last edited:

full

Curri
Interactions: Damafaud Damafaud withinasapphire withinasapphire
Mentions: DawnStreak DawnStreak Nellancholy Nellancholy

"I see, I see." She bobbed her head in reply to his vague response. Though she didn't ponder it too often, Curri couldn't help but feel it was a little difficult to try and get to know Rene. Sometimes she wondered if she was just a bother in his mind, seeing as she kept buzzing around him and that it was often her that initiated their interactions. Though, seeing as he came along with her in the end regardless, perhaps she shouldn't waste her time thinking of such things. If he didn't like her, he would just tell her right? It was a simple thought, that wasn't in actuality that easy for many to do, but she found comfort in it.

Glancing back at her pichu friend, she was a little startled by his concentrated stare towards her. W-Was there something on her face? Leftover berries or leaves perhaps? Quickly, she looked down at the clear waters to check her reflection, tilting her head around to check all angles. After reassuring that there was indeed nothing on her face, she breathed a small sigh of relief and turned back to the odd state of her friend. Hmm, he looked a little distracted? Or uncomfortable? She couldn't quite tell from this distance, so she started wading her way through the stream over to him. Maybe there was something on his mind.

She had long noticed his hesitation in getting into the water, but she simply chalked that up to not wanting to get wet, like many of the other pokemon choosing to wander the banks of the stream or hop from rock to rock like he was doing. "I can understand you not wanting to get your fur wet, I'm in a similar boat actually. If I get my hump wet I find it incredibly difficult to move-" As if right on cue, a sudden, huge wave of water splashed right over her, soaking all parts of her body including her face... and hump.

The frigid feeling of warm freeform lava hardening into immovable rock was... discomforting. It was as if she was being frozen alive very slowly, and remaining perfectly conscious all the while. She had experienced it multiple times before, yet her hatred for it had always remained consistent.

After a few moments of silence, Curri rigidly and painstakingly took a step forward. One foot at a time, she made her way towards the culprit, the magnemite still sinking in the depths of the river.

"Are you alright? Little fighter of the famous magnemite trio?" She mused, a slight coldness adding an edge to her teasing words. Curri was a calm pokemon, rarely was she angered. But after spending much careful effort to enjoy wading through the stream, only to still end up like this, a rickety robot that had to spend a tremendous amount of effort in moving a single muscle, she couldn't help but be a little peeved.

She had overheard the sneasel's congratulatory words of praise, and understood vaguely why this happened, though knowing that didn't make her mood much brighter. Still, she carefully put her own emotions to the side for now. "Well... just be careful. I don't know what you're practicing but, don't play with any electric moves too close to the water, or you might hurt a lot of pokemon." She warned calmly with her usual dull eyes, slowly glancing towards the many pokemon frolicking about and searching through the river. Alongside the many pokemon that came to search for the Starfberry tree, there were also those that likely just lived here. For example, that magikarp that was rescued by an eevee, or that mudkip and lotad swimming in circles with each other, Curri had never actually seen them in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back