• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Baphomet

Baphomet
So, uh, hi! I'm me. And you're you, right? At least I think you are. Unless you're also me? Eh, who knows? I do know one thing, I've been pretty hooked on Pokemon lately. Just finished Shield for the second time. I would love to get an RP of Pokemon going. Firstly, though, a bit about me. Well, if you're interested in me, what I like, and how I typically RP and what I expect from my partners, please read the about me section of my profile. It should give you all the info you need.

Now that you're done with that, I have several ideas for what I'd like to RP, but I'm also interested in hearing your ideas too. If you like any of the plots below, lemme know in a DM, or tell me your own ideas, and I'll let you know if I'm interested. I hope to hear from you. Also, you're awesome! <3

Medieval adventures:
This one will be set, obviously, during medieval times. This will be on the darker side of things. The wilderness will be unsafe, full of bandits and the like. Pokemon don't faint, they die. Everyone can have up to three Pokemon with them, no more. Not even criminals can have more, it's just some rule that everyone follows. Don't think too hard about it. We can make something up that explains it if it matters to you. Humans carry around weapons, like in some fantasy medieval setting. Pokemon aren't just super overpowered and able to kill humans instantly. Don't think too hard about how a Charizard using flamethrower doesn't instantly kill groups of humans, that's just how it works. Armor and shields can be effective against Pokemon attacks, even ghost or psychic attacks. Again, don't think too hard about it. :P

Pokemon also all travel outside of their Pokeballs. This means people need to take into account the size of their Pokemon, as well as how fast they travel. So, despite being strong, travelers wouldn't really want a Snorlax, and assassins wouldn't want a large Steelix. Pokeballs still exist, but are used to capture and tame Pokemon, rather than transport them. There is no magical teleportation system for Pokeballs or transferring Pokemon, so, in order to have more than three Pokemon, you need to leave Pokemon somewhere, and it's not easy to just transfer them around the place, so most don't have more than three if they travel. We can discuss more rules and such if we need as we plan out the RP together.

My initial idea is that we'd be two travelers, roaming the wilderness, going from town to town. We can add in whatever plot we want, or just go slice-of-life style and have no overarching plot. As per usual, romance is appreciated, but not necessary for this one.

The Gym Leader's Dilemma:
This one could be more along the traditional rules of Pokemon. This one would be a romance. We will be Gym Leaders. Gym leaders are important figures of the community. We would, along with our regular duties to take on Gym challengers to hand out badges, obviously not using out full power, since it is just a test for trainers, would also partake in tournaments, like the Elite Four and such, and help out among the community.

I don't really have a major plot for this, but I think it'd be cool to be a Gym Leader, as well as have some romance involved. This one is pretty open ended, we can play around with the plot and go as big or mundane as we wish.

The Gym Challenge:
This one, similar to the one above, will use traditional Pokemon rules and logic. We will, however, be regular gym challenging trainers. I would like this to be romance too, but more of a slowburn. We can start out in traditional Pokemon game fashion, with us being childhood friends. As we go through the gym challenges, our love slowly blossoms.

Also in traditional Pokemon fashion, we will have an evil team to deal with, as well as many side quests and problems to deal with along the way.

I don't want to use an existing Pokemon region, so we will make our own, with our own made-up towns and the like.

The difference here, though, will be the world will be much more harsh and difficult. Towns with Gym Leaders will be relatively safe, as the Leaders keep their communities safe. But the outliers, the routes in-between, will be another story. Crime, the evil team, Pokemon, and whatever other dangers we can come up with. Because the world is so dangerous, Gym Challengers aren't allowed to be children, so, we'll be full-grown adults before being allowed to take on the challenge. The challenge is much more than just a pride thing, it's a rite of passage. A quest to help make the world a safer place, and to prove you're capable of taking on roles towards that end.

I would actually love to try the medieval idea if you're still up for it.

I'd be down for the gym leaders one, especially if the specialties has one super effective versus the other(fire vs steel/ grass vs water etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back