• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Team Delta

IVIasterJay

Keeper of Silence
I'm looking to see who would be interested in joining a Pokemon RP set in the time after an evil team has risen to power and successfully taken over the world. This group has destroyed and dismantled everything that people take for granted about the pokemon world. They appeared wielding a new and terrible power that turned the best trained of pokemon against their trainers, and over the next few years every powerful trainer that could have resisted was systematically crushed by the group's absolute power.

The basis of the RP would be the struggle against this seemingly all-powerful evil team. While I have a lot of material to use to create the entire setting and story if need be, I want the people that will be participating in the RP to help create the plot how they want. So if you're interested just say so and get some ideas tossing around. I'll throw out some more information once a few people show interest or want to know more.

It's worth mentioning that this RP will have more mature content. It could become very dark at times, and bad things can and will happen on occasion. I hope the lighter parts balance it out, but I can't guarantee anything.

Edit:

And here is the RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are free to have a whole big happy team of pokemon at the beginning of the RP, so long as you don't expect to continue having them past your first encounter with the evil team. The thing that drove this team's rise to power is a new technology that overrides pokeball technology and turns most pokemon into mindless puppets.

Certain pokemon are more resistant to this technology than others however. The technology destroys the bond between pokemon and trainer, but if that bond is strong enough the pokemon can resist being controlled. The more pokemon a trainer has, the weaker the bond connects them to each individual pokemon, and the easier it is for them to be taken from them. Legendary pokemon will also be incredibly resistant to being controlled as well... for reasons.

IVIasterJay said:
You are free to have a whole big happy team of pokemon at the beginning of the RP, so long as you don't expect to continue having them past your first encounter with the evil team. The thing that drove this team's rise to power is a new technology that overrides pokeball technology and turns most pokemon into mindless puppets.
Certain pokemon are more resistant to this technology than others however. The technology destroys the bond between pokemon and trainer, but if that bond is strong enough the pokemon can resist being controlled. The more pokemon a trainer has, the weaker the bond connects them to each individual pokemon, and the easier ti is for them to be taken from them. Legendary pokemon will also be incredibly resistant to being controlled as well... for reasons.
No, it'd make more sense for legendaries to not be that affected by it, I mean, fuck, an Ultra Ball can't do it so yeah, that works.

This seems very interesting. But I am curious about what the region will be like and what Pokemon will be available to us. Also would it matter what Pokemon we start with or could it be any?

Color me interested, I'm down for some pokemon shenanigans.

The story will take place in the existing pokemon world, and you are free to use pokemon from any region so long as your character would have had access and skill to capture them. You can start with whatever pokemon you want within reason. This basically means you probably won't have any shiny pokemon or legendaries, and if you have a whole team of pokemon you'll need a very good reason why they haven't already been taken by Team Delta.

I'm thinking anime style.

Okay, first plot point to mull over: Would you want multiple resisting factions, one resistance group, or something else?

So no full teams of shiney magikarp?

I'd say one resisting faction, but split apart into groups (or even indoviduals) across the region trying to find one another. Whatever's cool though.

I'm more of a realistic player (versus anime), so I think I'll have to pass on this one, sorry! I know it's a silly thing, but I just can't get behind having an anime character. Good luck, this sounds like an awesome roleplay!

Sorry to hear man, it is pokemon so its kind of a give in that it would be oriented to such, but still good luck to yea man.

Yeah, I know... I was hopeful, haha. If I were more familiar with anime, I'd probably give it a shot, but as I am not, I can't make a good anime character. Anyhow, good luck!

I've never really thought about whether a character is supposed to be realistic or anime, it's just a character all the same. Characters don't act differently if you decide to imagine it with an outline.

So for those interested in joining, I was thinking a small group of writers but you could make and use multiple characters over the course of the story if you should want to.

IVIasterJay said:
The story will take place in the existing pokemon world, and you are free to use pokemon from any region so long as your character would have had access and skill to capture them. You can start with whatever pokemon you want within reason. This basically means you probably won't have any shiny pokemon or legendaries, and if you have a whole team of pokemon you'll need a very good reason why they haven't already been taken by Team Delta.
I'm thinking anime style.

Okay, first plot point to mull over: Would you want multiple resisting factions, one resistance group, or something else?
Make more sense for just one resistance.

Also, what about pseudo-legendaries? (Dragonite, Larvitar, etc.)

I have an idea, we choose pokemon that are so dumb and thick headed that the mind control would have no effect on them!

Seems very cool. I'm fully interested, how many writers are you planning to limit this to?

I'll probably keep it open/semi-open for a while until I feel there's a good core group of people to keep the story alive for a good long while.

I'm looking for some suggestions for the name of the technology that controls pokemon against their will. The technology works by overriding and destroying the pokemon's bonds to everything else, and it has some nasty side effects that don't go away after the control ends. The takeover is an incredibly traumatic experience that almost always completely destroys the mind of the pokemon its used on. Pokemon taken over even once will never develop bonds with humans like a normally captured pokemon would, even if caught in a normal pokeball. They will never obey a human unless they are controlled again. It permanently turns them into tools.

And no, a team of Slowbro would just as easily be controlled as a team of Metagross.

IVIasterJay said:
I'll probably keep it open/semi-open for a while until I feel there's a good core group of people to keep the story alive for a good long while.
I'm looking for some suggestions for the name of the technology that controls pokemon against their will. The technology works by overriding and destroying the pokemon's bonds to everything else, and it has some nasty side effects that don't go away after the control ends. The takeover is an incredibly traumatic experience that almost always completely destroys the mind of the pokemon its used on. Pokemon taken over even once will never develop bonds with humans like a normally captured pokemon would, even if caught in a normal pokeball. They will never obey a human unless they are controlled again. It permanently turns them into tools.

And no, a team of Slowbro would just as easily be controlled as a team of Metagross.
I kinda think it'd be cooler to call the antagonists Team Omega since it's implying an end to a sense of freedom towards people and their bonds between them and their Pokemon (UNTIL WE ROLL UP WHOOOOOOOO) but then again, I'm not the creator of this, it's your call.

And I dunno, do you a name so cliche you'll roll your eyes, or something pretentious and deep?

I was thinking Delta because it's the leader's vision to be the one to change the world, and delta is the symbol for change. I did consider Omega, but I felt it wouldn't fit the team's ideals very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back