• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Eternal Horizons

OOC
Here
WorldWeaver WorldWeaver Lost Lost BluberryDee BluberryDee Ace Cream Ace Cream

As soon as the Pelipper pulled himself together, the Nuzleaf suddenly woke up and attacked the Shinx with Astonish. Dang, it gonna be bad, Ace thought. He gestured to the Pelipper to run away (which the latter did), then watched the scene for a moment only for him to mentally command himself, Come on Ace, do something!

Luckily for the Scorbunny, there were some pebbles scattered nearby. Ace picked up one of them with his heated-up foot, then kicked it straight to the Nuzleaf. He had already set the pebble on fire while kicking it, effectively turning it into a proper Ember. And yes, Ace's Ember caught the Nuzleaf's attention. Getting slightly burned, they angrily turned to him, seemingly intent on beating the Rabbit Pokemon to the pulp for distracting them from their targets. Ace himself? He just grinned upon seeing the distraction worked.

Knowing that Scorbunny is (supposedly) a fire-type, the Nuzleaf performed a Rollout straight to Ace who immediately grabbed a nearby branch to avoid it. Ace then proceeded to Double Kick the Nuzleaf, turning himself into a fighting-type (courtesy of his ability, Libero) right before the rolling Nuzleaf sprang up and caught him off guard.

Last edited:
Locke let out a sigh of relief when fortune began to favor him and Rowan. First, when a Pelliper fell from the sky, crashing into the Nuzleaf before he could get a third attack in on them, and second when reinforcements had arrived to help deal with the aggressive pokemon. A Scorbunny in particular was really laying into them as a Fletchling and Golett moved in to check on him, Rowan pointing out their situation. "Si, that would make things better." he stated, keeping an eye on the ongoing battle. The Nuzleaf, seeming backed into a corner at this point, was growing desperate. "Heads up, he isn't down yet!" As he said this, the wild Pokemon took aim at the distracted Golett and fired a Mega Drain from the palm of his hand, hoping to do some damage and heal some of it's own injuries in the process.

Lost Lost saniachan saniachan BluberryDee BluberryDee Ace Cream Ace Cream

Dyna took the opportunity to surprise attack the Nuzleaf while it was currently trying to attack her partner? At least they were for the time being.
She quickly Tackled it and fired off embers at point blank.
The Nuzleaf got caught off guard and ate both attacks, and stumbled back a bit. Then it fired off Razor Leaves, but missed Dyna completely.
"That's some nice aim you got there. Its almost like you tried to miss!"
That indeed was the case.
The Razor Leaves had cut down a tree behind Dyna, and it began to fall in her direction.
The smol bird heard the tree begin to fall and sprang out of the way before she got squashed (and also barely stuck the landing).

Lost Lost Ace Cream Ace Cream WorldWeaver WorldWeaver saniachan saniachan

Kuiper let out a surprised yelp. Fur ruffling, he let out a low growl as he turned around to see who had ran into him though instantly relaxed upon seeing Isabelle. "Oh, it's just you." He shook himself as if he was trying to get water off of his pelt, forcing himself to settle down before he continued. "Did you manage to get your flute yet?"

voracity voracity

icon300.png

ISABELLE

There had been an apology ready at the tip of her tongue, but upon hearing his casual cool dismissive tone, there was a playful mood that overcame Isabelle. "What do you mean 'oh, it's just you'?!" She exclaimed, feigning indignation. "Just for that, I'm not going to tell you," she added, just a touch smug. Her tail continued drawing side to side, giving away her amusement of the whole situation though.

She waved over to where the Pumpkaboo and Vanillite were, "nevermind me though, look!" she waved her paw enthusiastically at the two Pokemon who were posing rather heroically to a small awed audience. "They've got their Explorer's Badge and everything ... it's so cool ..." She purred, she then turned to Kuiper with a giddy expression, "do you think they'd let us touch it if we asked nicely?"

forgersfeline forgersfeline

Mudrock

Mudrock heaved the injured Locke onto their back and secured his position. They didn't pay much mind to the ongoing battle until the nuzlock tried to attack them with a mega drain, in which they responded by blocking it with protect.

"Protect, exterminate." They tilt their head towards the nuzlock and then job their hand forward. The fist itself hit nothing but another fist emerged from the nuzlock's shadow and hit him in the face!

WorldWeaver WorldWeaver BluberryDee BluberryDee Lost Lost saniachan saniachan

"They might." His ears lightly twitched in amusement as a small chuckle escaped his lips. "I can think of something far more cooler than that, though." Kuiper playfully bumped into Isabelle's shoulders and pointed a paw towards the sky. "In the distant future, both of us will have explorer badges of our own and we'll be able to travel and explore places far beyond Argento Town. We'll be known all over the world so we can help any and all who need it."

"For now," Kuiper's attention turned back towards the Vanilite and Pumpkaboo and as hard as he tried to hide his excitement, his tail wagged ever so slightly. "Why don't we go ask them?"

voracity voracity

icon300.png

ISABELLE

Without any other witty quips, Isabelle hopped right on forward. Empowered, and inspired, by Kuiper's unique brand of affection and confidence on top of her own insatiable curiosity and thirst for all things shiny, she bounded right up to the two recent graduates without a shred of shame or hesitation. To their credit, the two recent graduates were not put off by either Isabelle's enthusiasm or Kuiper's disguised excitement, and were more than happy to preen, and stand just a little taller so that their badges were propped forward for closer inspection.

"It's not that pretty, since it's just a Normal Rank badge," the Pumpkaboo tried to play at modesty, but it was evident that they were pleased, and very proud of their accomplishment, "but we'll make it to Diamond Rank in no time!" They exclaimed, shining just a little brighter. "When we come back home after exploring the deepest of caverns and dustiest of tombs, we'll definitely be wearing something prettier than this," the Pumpkaboo continued exaggerating.

Beside them, Vanillite seemed to be the more rational and patient one, quickly interrupting the Pumpkaboo's grandiose claims, "it'll take a lot of work to climb the adventure ranks, so we might even try getting work from other guilds on the mainland," the Vanillite explained, "but there's nothing wrong with staying here either - we've never known for certain if all the islands here have been discovered yet, I know that Dragonair over there wants to stretch her wings - pardon the pun - and see where the horizon ends ... whatever that means," Vanillite shrugged.

"Is Diamond Rank the highest?" Isabelle asked the Vanillite - pointing at their normal badge, she added, "if it is, does that mean they just mail you a giant diamond badge to let everyone know you're the best team or something?" She snickered, and Vanillite joined them in polite laughter.

"If they let us sell it, that'd the best promotion reward ever; one thing you'll learn in the Academy is that you can never have too much Poke Coins," Vanillite advised Isabelle and Kuiper.

"Don't forget about the Haunted Vending Machine on the third floor!" Pumpkaboo boisterously added on, "It's been there since forever and every time you cry, kneel in front of it, and apologize four times, something drops out of it - I mean it doesn't work every time - but just about!"

After another round of laughter, Vanillite passed their badge into Isabelle's paw to allow her to examine the badge. Her tail stilled itself, as she peered at the badge with a degree of respect and awe she rarely had to with most things in her life. The weight of it was heavy - not only literally, but also with the implications of the hard work, dedication, and dreams that Vanillite had put on the line to attain this small little badge. In the end, it was just a symbol, and Isabelle found herself yearning to acquire the same symbol ... but more than that, she was more taken with the stories that Vanillite and Pumpkaboo had to share with her than the shiny badge.

Carefully, which was perhaps a first for her, she passed the badge to Kuiper so that he could have a turn to take a closer look at it.

Kuiper felt his excitement slowly bubble up inside as he carefully took the badge into his own paw. "I've been waiting my whole life to join the Academy." He commented, half to himself. "Now that the day is finally here it almost doesn't feel real. Like a dream." After a quiet moment or so he passed the badge back to the Vanillite, his ears twitching as his face took on a more solemn expression. "How hard would you say the entrance exam is? I just have to join the Academy tomorrow, no matter what."

voracity voracity

WorldWeaver WorldWeaver Lost Lost Ace Cream Ace Cream BluberryDee BluberryDee

"Ugh..."

The Nuzleaf's Rollout hit really hard even for a Libero-induced fighting-type Scorbunny. Luckily (and unluckily) though, by the time Ace pulled himself together, the Nuzleaf decided to attack everyone else who were involved there. Realizing that he still had the Salac berry Isabelle gave him, Ace munched it right away. The mix of its sweetness and sourness with a dash of bitter aftertaste made him feel somewhat speedier, which was immediately tested by using Acrobatics on the Nuzleaf right after they took a Shadow Punch in the face. This angered the Wily Pokemon to the point of them grabbing Ace by his ears.

"Get outta here! I got this!" Ace shouted to the ragtag bunch of passersby (?) as he struggled to break free for his dear life. He tried to grab the Nuzleaf's long, pointed nose to no avail. But somehow the Nuzleaf was none the wiser because they glared at Ace long enough for him to kick their nose with his heated-up feet (basically mixing Double Kick with Ember in one move), effectively setting it on fire. The kick forced them to abruptly let him go and bail out.

Finally got back to the ground (albeit a little bit harshly), Ace panted in exhaustion. He glanced at where the group went off, let out a relieved sigh... then everything went dark.

Last edited:
"Haha! Yes! In your fac- Huh?" Dyna's celebration was cut short when she saw Ace on the ground from the corner of her eye.
She hopped over to him and gave him a poke.
Light poking turned into violent shaking.
"Cool. We get to haul another one back to town." She said semi-sarcastically.

Ace Cream Ace Cream WorldWeaver WorldWeaver saniachan saniachan Lost Lost

Last edited:
icon300.png

ISABELLE

The Pumpkaboo was quick to push Vanillite to the side, just a tad bit roughly, getting right up to Kuiper's face. Their eyes took on a gleefully sinister glint, and the curl of its stump seem to coil down even more tightly as they spoke, "it'll be the hardest thing you'll ever have to do," they spoke with an echo, making use of its ghastly powers to do so, "there have been people that had to be carried out, crying from hysteria, another maimed - by accident, they told us, but never dared to share details with any one of us. Then halfway through the examination, someone was sent to deliver something and never came back. Anyone can join, and anyone can graduate, but it isn't someone special who gets to make it to the end, or the strongest, or the fastest, or even the smartest - it's-"

"What Pumpakboo should be telling you is that the entrance exam isn't even going to be administered until the 28th ... which is approximately 10 days from now," Vanillite grumbled loudly. "They switch it up every time, so our experiences wouldn't help much ... not that we could remember much anyway. It's been a long time for us, since we didn't graduate on our first try," they explained, slightly distracted as they took a moment to pin their badge up.

Isabelle turned to Kuiper with a fierce expression, "we're going to have to sign up at like, the break of dawn tomorrow, so we can study and train for the entrance exam," she said, "there's no way they won't accept us if we show that we're even marginally well worth being taught to be explorers!" She cheered, determinedly.

After a short moment, Vanillite stepped forward towards both of them, and pointed to the direction of the beach, "this is just a small open secret you learn while you're in the Academy, the shore is a good place to go to if you want to do some free training - it's a long stretch of a coastline so you can run for a while if that's your thing, and ... well, I'll keep the rest of it a surprise!" They decided with a twinkling laugh before turning to float away with a short, "good luck!"

"Waah! Don't leave me behind!" Pumpkaboo cried, foregoing any farewells as they hurried to catch up to Vanillite.

Once the two graduates were well out of sight, Isabelle couldn't even bother trying to contain her excitement, and began bouncing up and down, "is this real life right now? It just feels ... so real, now!" She exclaimed, "We talked with actual graduates from the Academy, who didn't laugh at us like we're total losers or hopeless potential-recruits, and we were given like ... inside secrets already?!" Then she began to run in circles.

"How am I going to sleep tonight, Kuiper?! I'm way too excited for tomorrow!"

Kuiper was quiet, lost in thought for a moment as he watched the team walk away. Running on the beach, huh? He thought quietly to himself. I'll have to try that. As much as I hate being near water, I'll do anything to get into the Academy. They have to let me join. They just have to.

A bit of nervousness started setting in as he thought back to the Pumpkaboo's words. While Kuiper knew it was only meant as a bit of friendly teasing, it mingled with his fear about not being strong enough to protect those in need. With a flick of his tail, he pushed it aside for now by turning to Isabelle with a half smile. "Maybe they'll let us camp out here tonight," He joked as he watched her spin around. "That would ensure that we get in first."

voracity voracity

icon300.png

ISABELLE

Kuiper's suggestion stilled the Skitty mid-hop. She took a few moments to consider the idea, contemplate the pros and cons before turning her head to him, slowly, "let's do it," she said with a determined nod of her head. "The sun isn't down yet so we can go back and leave a note or something, maybe pack a pillow and some snacks ..." but then her ears flattened, "wait, what if the Growlithe and Arcanine cops catch us and try to herd us back home?" She worried, rather out of touch with reality as she continued to try and make this work - she knew just how much it meant to Kuiper who never expressed many desires or wishes of his own - except for this: being an explorer. Isabelle herself had grown up with stories fed from her own parents' adventures and simply expected herself to follow the same path ... but it was different for Kuiper, who was so much more passionate about it than Isabelle ever could be. Despite his grouchy face.

"What if we just ... got inside?" She suggested quietly, "We could just ... hop over the gate or something ... just wait inside - when they open the doors, we'll already be inside the building!"

The Nuzleaf, bombarded by attacks left and right, finally collapsed to the ground after Ace had struck it's nose with a double kick set ablaze by ember. And as it fell backward, Locke let a smirk grow on his face. "Ti serve bene." He muttered under his breath. He then looked to the group from on Murdock's back. "Grazie, all of you. Arceus only knows what would've become of me without all your aid. I'm in your debt." After making his gratitude to the group known, his smile faded as he realized he still had no memory, nor any idea what to do now. He could only assume these Pokemon would take him as far as the nearest town. After that, and a healing session, he began to think what he should do once healed. He could at least get a job for income, and maybe find a home in town where he could stay until his memories began coming back, or he found a clue of his past.

saniachan saniachan Ace Cream Ace Cream Lost Lost BluberryDee BluberryDee

"As fun as it might be to jump the fence, they might get mad if they caught us inside. Even more mad than those Growlithe and Arcanine cops would be." A brief flicker of amusement flashed in Kuiper's eyes. He was definitely well acquainted with those two. There had been plenty of times as a young child when he had purposely stirred up trouble just to get a rise out of them. His parents sure gave him a good scolding for it, though.

With a twitch of his ears, he half turned away and continued. "What about the beach? It wouldn't be the same as camping right out in front but at least we won't be spotted so easily."

voracity voracity

Dyna followed Mudrock back to the clinic.
The Tiny Robin stood on a table and started thinking about something.
"Wasn't there supposed to be something we were gonna do?"
She had forgot the reason they went to go get the Zorua while they were fighting the Nuzleaf.

Ace Cream Ace Cream Lost Lost saniachan saniachan WorldWeaver WorldWeaver

icon300.png

ISABELLE

"Urk. It's going to take weeks getting the sand out of my fur ... but ... if that's what it takes, then I'll do it!" Isabelle groaned, tail dropping at the idea. "We might as well go grab some dinner before heading off ... any ideas?" Isabelle asked.

Off in the distance, a trilling voice called for Isabelle, making her go rigid. "Gah. I better go, don't wait up, who knows what'll happen..."

OOC: I'm leaving this RP, but freeing you up for interactions before I go

Last edited:
WorldWeaver WorldWeaver Lost Lost BluberryDee BluberryDee Ace Cream Ace Cream

Opening his eyes, Ace found himself lying on a bed. The last thing he remembered, he was trying to break free from a randomly hostile Nuzleaf in the forest. Ace hastily woke up only for the local doctor, an Audino, to notice him. "Hey, easy, easy!" the doctor came to Ace's side. "Where... where am I?" Ace wondered, to which the doctor explained, "You're in the clinic. A Golett and their friends took you here." Pausing for a moment, she then went on, "I don't know what happened, but the Golett just said 'Nuzleaf bad'."

"Waitaminute, that Zorua! Are they okay?" Ace blurted out. The doctor mentioning Nuzleaf seemed to perk him up. "They're over there, if you're wondering," she assured him, pointing at the Zorua from before on another bed. He proceeded to stand up, then made his way to the Tricky Fox Pokemon, much to the doctor's concern.

Locke was brought to a bed by the medical staff after Murdock and Dyna dropped them off there. As they waited in the lobby, he was given a mixture of Oran and Sitrus berry extract to help speed up his recovery while other staff worked to help Ace, who was unconscious. An Audino stepped forth to use heal pulse since they couldn't have him drink the same mixture while he was out cold. But once the Scorbunny woke up, she stopped as he got up. "H-hang on, you still need rest!" she called after him. Locke looked to him as he approached.

"Rilassare, mio amico." he assured, smiling. "I'm doing just fine now, thanks to you and the others." Though, his mind was on other things. From what the staff had told him before he woke up, he'd be allowed to leave as soon as tomorrow. Right now, he was considering what he should do until he gets a clue of his past.

saniachan saniachan

Last edited:
Kai
Interactions: WorldWeaver WorldWeaver saniachan saniachan

A small Buneary sat inside of the lobby. He sighed as he reached up to his left ear and took his beloved, dirty pink bow off of said ear. He looked down at it before sighing once more. He didn't hate the pink piece of fabric.. He just hated what came with it. He always told himself that he was just different than any of his other "friends", but today's events proved him otherwise.

The Buneary had caught the attention of other pokemon when he was young, at first, they would tease and call him names.. but as they got older, they took their teasing to another level. Now, Kai's days were filled with the occasional ear pulling and ruining his pretty pink bow. Kai was just glad that it was nothing too serious, that they hadn't actually done anything life threatening besides.. well nothing.

He was about to stand up and leave, before he saw a Zorua and a Scorbunny talking. By the looks of the two pokemon, they were injured.. but by what? He stood up and walked up to the two, quickly putting his accessory back on his ear.

"Oh! Hello there!", he said as he waved to the two, "You two both seem to be a little scratched up..! Did something happen?" Kai knew it wasn't really his place to talk about whatever events had transpired.. but what else could he talk about?

Last edited:
Bubbles was also inside of the lobby, watching the buneary. he was curious about the buneary, and disagrees with her fashion choice of the pink bow. Nonetheless, he watched as he(or she) he couldn't tell, went to the Zorua and the Scorbunny, and asked them something, curiously, he moved in closer to see what they were talking about. he wasn't nosy- he just had a habit of being curious.

Dyna came in and interrupted the Buneary's conversation with the two recovering Pokemon before it had even started as she was bored out of her mind.
"See, there was a random Nuzleaf attacking the Zorua, so we came to help."
She then described their battle with the Nuzleaf in (mildly) good detail.
"Then we hauled them all the way back here and the rest is history." Not that there was any "rest" after that.

gingingin gingingin WorldWeaver WorldWeaver saniachan saniachan

WorldWeaver WorldWeaver gingingin gingingin Funnier President Funnier President BluberryDee BluberryDee

Seems like the Zorua was alright, much to Ace's relief. The latter scratched the back of his head because if anything, he should've more worried about himself at this state, yet he didn't. Before he could say anything though, the Fletchling from before as well as two more Pokemon came closer. "Oh! Hello there!" the shiny Buneary with a pink bow on, uh, his left ear greeted them both. He asked about what the heck just happened that got both Ace and the Zorua in such a bad shape, but the Fletchling explained the case before Ace could even respond to it. Not until she finished, that is.

"Actually..." Ace added as soon as the Fletchling finished her side of the story. "I wanna help Mr. Post Pelipper who fell into the forest some time ago, but he fell right on the Nuzleaf, so..." his ears drooped. Deep down the Scorbunny hoped that the Pelipper postmon was alright.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back