• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Mari
Cursed Forest, 8:00 AM - 8:05 AM

Mari was glad Elliot didn’t seem to have any hard feelings about her unfounded suspicions, but frowned, troubled, at his indifference towards Snazzy. She didn’t like the kid, but she didn’t want to see him get hurt either. Threatening him didn’t sit well with her either, though it seemed less genuine and more reflexive from the way Elliot didn’t quite know what he was threatening to do. Her concern didn’t stop her from completely ignoring Snazzy when he started complaining, though. Honestly, if all the kid was going to be good for was whining she might revise her opinion on putting him in danger. At least if he actually got hurt he might learn not to be such a brat.

Tossing her head, Mari put that idea out of mind. Snazzy might be annoying, but she didn’t really want him to get hurt. It put her in an interesting position, one she didn’t like and wasn’t sure how to get out of. If something happened, would she try to protect Snazzy? She didn’t want to. If the kid kept insisting he could take care of himself she’d let him try, but if he was really in trouble, she might be too preoccupied with her own problems to do anything. If she did protect him, that set a dangerous precedent for the future. Would he try to tag along with her more often if he thought she’d look out for him? If he insisted on coming along for future adventures and words wouldn’t get him to leave, he’d suck all the fun out it, and that just wouldn’t do.

It made something uncomfortable twist in her stomach, but Mari decided letting Snazzy fend for himself was going to be better for both of them in the long run. She wouldn’t hurt him directly like it seemed Elliot might, but she also wouldn’t help him out of bad situations. Either he got out on his own or he didn’t, and it would be his own fault for going in unprepared. Hopefully, he would make it, and the experience would dissuade him from following her again.

As it was, he dismissed warnings far too easily. Mari side-eyed the young meowth when he started boasting to Azure. She didn’t think he could fight his way out of a paper bag, but kept her thoughts to herself. What moves did he even know? Better yet, what moves did she know? It was pretty obvious at this point her ability was static, judging from the way her wool kept crackling and the shock she’d given Chirin earlier in the day, but her move set was a mystery to her. That could be trouble later on, but there really wasn’t any time now to figure it out. Eh, it’d probably be fine. A forest like this would most likely have grass and ghost types, maybe some bugs as well. She wouldn’t have a type advantage, but if she kept focused she might have a chance to paralyze whatever came at her.

At least with Elliot’s confirmation that he could come along Snazzy seemed to have calmed down a little. Mari felt much better knowing he wasn’t going to try to boss her around too much, though she didn’t really want to take orders from Elliot either. There was a difference between listening to a good idea and doing what you were told. Mari had no intention of crossing that line no matter what either of them said.

Mari watched curiously as Elliot picked a few mushrooms to put in his bag. Where could she get one of those? She’d ask him later maybe, or check around town or something. There was no point in wondering on it now since there was no way for her to get one, but it would definitely come in handy later if she ever wanted to go foraging. Now that her attention was on it, there certainly were a lot of mushrooms around. The ground was spongy and unpleasantly squishy to match, and Mari could feel herself sinking slightly into the sodden moss bed as she walked.

She didn’t know mushrooms could come in so many different varieties. Each one seemed distinctly different from the last, and it left Mari’s head spinning a little. She gladly looked away when Elliot started to talk about sticking together. His tone and wording suggested that he was referring to something in particular when he mentioned not wanting to get lost, but the forest had all looked the same to Mari up until this point. Looking first at Elliot, and then following his line of sight, Mari’s ears drooped slightly and she stumbled a step at what she saw.

Somehow, off the trail, the forest got even darker. More than just an absence of light, the darkness seemed almost palpable, physical in its own right. The air, just still before, turned stagnant and Mari fought the urge to gag. This place really was cursed, and she was glad she wasn’t here alone. What really drew her gaze though, more than the sickening atmosphere, was the pair of eyes staring at them from the darkness. They glowed, or maybe the infinite blackness made them bright by comparison, before fading away. Yeah no, there was no way she was getting stuck here by herself.

The dizzying swirl of the mushrooms was preferable to whatever monsters lurked beyond the trail. Some of them even glowed, really glowed, and the minuscule light drew her in. “Hey Elliot, do you know what kind of mushrooms these are?” she spoke quietly, still too focused on the mushrooms. Slowly, she lowered her head to get a better look, only to stumble back when the mushroom blinked up at her.

Panicked, her coat sparked wildly until a bolt of lightning flew out of it at the mushroom. The mushroom squeaked at the sudden jolt but otherwise appeared unharmed. Distantly, Mari figured the thing must be a grass type and electric type moves weren’t going to do a whole lot of good. At least that solved her move dilemma though. The rest would probably come to her as she needed them. Unfortunately, though she had begun to calm down, the mushroom became quite angry. Or well, Mari thought it might be angry. It was a little hard to tell when it was just squeaking at her.

It became a lot more obvious when it stood up on its spindly little feet and rushed at her, exchanging the squeak for a much louder yell. Mari flinched at the unexpected sound and was unable to get out of the way before the mushroom bumped into her leg. It didn’t hurt a lot, considering the thing was less than half her height, but it did sting and she stumbled back another step at the force of the impact. As the mushroom came into contact with her coat though, electricity crackled and it lit up, brighter than before, as it was shocked again. The mushroom stumbled away from her, still sparking. It looked like it was gearing up for another move, but as it got in position to do something, it suddenly froze. Somehow it managed to paralyze itself.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver WallrusY WallrusY Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Zmandd Zmandd

Last edited:
Snazzy
Cursed Forest, 8:00 AM

When Mari called to Elliot asking about a mushroom, Snazzy turned to look as well. It was partially from genuine curiosity and partially from the desire to assert his leadership by answering before the Sneasel, but when he saw it he honestly didn't know. To his surprise though, the Mareep ended up jolting back and shooting a small bolt of lightning at it. At first the Alolan Meowth planned on giving her a jab about being scared of just a mushroom, but then he saw it stand on two legs and move. Turns out it was a Pokemon, and Mari had the right to be startled.

Upon seeing the creature rush at the Electric-type, a frown came onto Snazzy's face. "Hey! Don't be a bully!" he called out and ran to Mari's side. The action seemed a little out of character for him, but his next statement seemed to clarify things. "She may be mean, but she's part of my team, and I'm the leader! A good leader doesn't let his teammates get hurt, so you better back off!" Normally the feline Pokemon wasn't one for fighting, but he still took a defensive stance with his claws out. Upon seeing the electrified mushroom Pokemon unable to move though, his hubris once again started showing as he relaxed and flipped his whiskers with a smile. "Guess I scared it," he said, and then turned to Mari. "See? Aren't you glad I'm along? You sure are lucky to have such a strong and kind leader like me!"

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Skipper Skipper WallrusY WallrusY Zmandd Zmandd

Apartment Building
07:45

"Hmm, who is it?" Said Lily. Lily was a Mienshao that had a small litter of Mienfoos. 2 boys and a girl. Although she was a single mom, she managed to keep her family in a good condition. She is one of the top competitors at some of the Battlegrounds competitions, having won quite a few first places by herself. But after her partner left, she's had to stay at home more often. She still competes, although less frequently.

Lily went to the door, carefully dodging her kids that were causing a ruckus in the living room. She opened it, and saw a small log floating in front of her door. It took her a little too long to realize that there was a ghost inside it! She was a little spooked at first, before recollecting herself and greeting the unknown visitor. "Oh hi! I wasn't expecting any visitors today. How can I help you?"

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Caligo Location:Battlegrounds
Time:7:55-8:00AM

Caligo thought about it. A new move would certainly be beneficial but he felt that now was not the time. The tournament on the other hand seemed interesting to say the least. He decided on the tournament.

Being slightly exhausted Caligo walked up to Nicholas.

"Sir Nicholas enter me in the tournament, I need to see how far I've come" He said eyes filled with determination, it looked like embers had taken the place of his eyes.

He would need to go back home to take some rest since this battle had taken quite a while.

'Maybe I should check on the newcomers just in case something happened I do seem to have the time' he thought. He recalled they spoke of going to a certain house in the forest. He'd check on them later his dislike of ghosts making him postpone it.

Reed waited patiently by the door until Lily came to open it. Before she did, she asked who was there. He answered her, disregarding the fact that there were obviously two rambunctious children inside her apartment.

"I'm Reed, I just moved into an apartment right next to you!"

Reed also ignored Lily's brief startled look when she opened the door. He had never seen a Mienshao before, only in pictures. She looked powerful. At least by Reed's standards. He repeated himself before adding to his previous statement.

"I thought that I should meet my new neighbors. You look strong, I've never seen a Pokemon like you before!" He spotted one of her children from inside her apartment, so he tilted his head sideways to greet them too.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Azure the Mudkip
Location - Star Shard Town

Azure zoned out a bit as Snazzy continued to brag about himself, this time to Mari, quickly realizing that having a companion that always seemed to resort to asserting his superiority to his own teammates was going to be both tiring and a little boring (Azure decided to keep this thought in his head). Elliot apparently decided to keep the Meowth in the group, though exactly why he did so was a mystery to Azure. Anyway, Snazzy continued to mock Olivia and her rescue team, which Azure still definitely disagreed with, while he also declared that Azure could rely on the Meowth to be a brave and fearless leader whenever something bad happened. Azure once again was a little confused and nervous about the Dark-type pokemon, but he still replied with a, "Thanks...? I'm sure I'll be fine, though."

Frankly, Azure didn't really know if he was going to be fine, as he wasn't really amazing at battling, and definitely wasn't well trained enough to be 100% confident in his ability to take on any opponent that came out of the creepy forest. He did ask Nicholas to apply him his Waterfall HM about a year back, but even with a fairly powerful move to use, he still didn't have much strength - not with such a low level, anyway. Still, he pushed those doubts out of his mind, deciding that whatever would happen, Azure was probably going to come out of it fine, a claim that has managed to hold true so far, not that the Mudkip really had much evidence to back it up. Azure snapped back to reality when Elliot reached down to gather a couple of mushrooms.

A Grass Gem fell from Elliot's pouch, which Snazzy was quick to pick up on as the Sneasel caught it as it fell, placing it back into his bag and moving on. Gems weren't particularly rare, Azure knew that much considering he'd seen multiple, but they could be pretty useful in battle, powering up a move of its corresponding type. Azure noticed that Snazzy had a keen interest in any remotely valuable item, quick to comment on how likely his mother would purchase it, or bringing up a quick fact about the item to the others, though the Mudkip was fairly certain that Elliot didn't hold onto the Grass Gem for its uses in combat. After all, Azure didn't find it likely that an Ice-type would hold onto a Grass Gem for any reason other than decoration or sentimental value. Either way, Elliot slipped it into his pouch and alerted the group to not get lost in the forest, signaling towards a pair of eyes, which quickly disappeared into the darkness just as Azure caught a glimpse of it.

"Uh, I'm sure we'll be fine. It's pretty to easy to stay close to each other when..." Azure was going to say when Snazzy makes so much noise, but he decided not to continue his comment (it was pretty mean, he thought). He did, however, scan the group to make sure everyone was accounted for - Alolan Meowth, check. Sneasel, check. Mareep, check. Riolu, check. Snazzy was quick to flaunt his own bravery, talking about how he was not going to be scared of any Ghost-type, and once again taking the opportunity to declare that Snazzy would protect Azure. Once again, the Mudkip wasn't one to talk when he has so little battle experience, but he couldn't help but wonder if the Meowth had any actual fighting prowess himself, or if he was simply all talk. "Um... Snazzy, I'll be okay."

Mari, meanwhile, quietly asked Elliot what kind of mushroom a certain fungus was, which Azure certainly couldn't answer as he never attempted to study much about any kind of mushrooms, though after Mari fell back from the mushroom and delivered a shock to it, and the fungus proceeded to squeak from the attack, the Mudkip realized that it was a pokemon, and not a mushroom, though everyone obviously could see that now. The mushroom rushed to attack Mari, which Snazzy was adamant about not letting happen to the Mareep as the self-proclaimed leader of the party, declaring how he wouldn't let the pokemon hurt the Mareep. The mushroom pokemon did, in fact, end up bumping into Mari and causing a small injury anyway, but Azure decided not to mention that to him.

The pokemon had bumped into Mari's wool, which ended up electrocuting and paralyzing the mushroom as a consequence of its own attack on the Mareep, who seemed to have Static as her ability. Snazzy was quick to not let the events that had happened go to waste, quickly bragging about how Mari was lucky to have such a strong and kind leader, apparently not realizing or intentionally ignoring the fact that Mari had done just about everything in that encounter. The action itself Azure thought was surprisingly nice for a pokemon like Snazzy, but it does end up souring things a little bit when you keep on bragging about everything. "Snazzy... Thanks for helping her, but perhaps you should let others have some credit for once."

Elliot the Sneasel
Cursed Forest, 08:05AM

Elliot was surprised by the sudden attack of the mushroom just as much as everyone else. He didn't know what species it was, but it wasn't happy that Mari tried to pluck it out of the ground. But after it's failed attack attempts, it seemed like it managed to paralyze himself with Mari's Static. While it was incapacitated, the little mushroom didn't look like giving up. Meanwhile, Snazzy was useful as always and tried to get credit for giving the mushroom a status condition when he clearly didn't even get close to it. Azure probably couldn't do much either, considering he was a water type and the mushroom was probably a grass type.

Elliot thought that this was a great opportunity to show the group, and specially Snazzy, who is the leader here. He also knew that, even though the little mushroom looked quite harmless, appearances could be deceiving and didn't know what it was capable of. "Mari, get back!" Elliot jumped into the air and quickly froze the air underneath his feet, creating Icicles beneath him. He carefully pointed the Icicles towards the mushroom, then leapt from them. This caused the Icicles to be fired towards it's target, crashing onto the Mushroom. "A perfect Icicle Crash... Oh no. " Elliot forgot that, since he effectively jumped twice, he had a really big fall now, and had to stick the landing. As you can probably guess, he didn't.

He ended up falling on the back of his head, and although the soft forest floor helped minimize any actual damage, it still hurt. "Ow, ow... I'm OK!" He said, slowly getting up. The mushroom, which had been unable to move, was now laying on the floor after having fainted. Elliot got up and saw the fainted Pokemon on the floor, and he couldn't help but feel... bad. Maybe Elliot was a little too harsh on it, deciding to go for it's strongest move right off the bat. He carefully picked it up with it's claws, being careful as to not hurt the little one with them. He placed it just next to the trail, where it would hopefully recover. "Sleep well, little guy."

Looking ahead, he saw there were plenty more mushrooms of all shapes and sizes along the trail. He checked it's bag to make sure the mushrooms he had weren't moving around or anything, which they weren't. Just to make sure, he dumped both of them on the side of the trail. "We still have a long trail ahead... I'm not sure anymore if we should be picking mushrooms... Let's keep going, the Haunted house shouldn't be too far... I think." Looking specifically at Snazzy, Elliot said "And I knocked out the Mushroom guy, not you, OK? And if are going to keep being a clown, I suggest you turn back before something more dangerous appears." Elliot had never talked in such a serious manner before, which kinda spooked him a bit. He shook it off before continuing the walk towards the unknown.
Elliot, 08:08AM
[ WallrusY WallrusY , Skipper Skipper , Anne Boolean Anne Boolean , Zmandd Zmandd ]

Mass the Linoone
Star Shard Town: Star Mart - 6:57 AM

At Aiya's question as to whether he was going to tag along or not, Mass's ears pricked up. Well...he'd briefly fought with the idea earlier of either coming along to help gather clay or running a few errands before he swung by Aiya's place. With the new Vulpix here, though, plans were changing. The significantly smaller, shier fox had sheepishly admitted that she didn't know where the riverbank was and, as he expected, she hadn't handled clay before.

Well, he just hoped the damage wasn't too big. The Vulpix seemed willing to learn after all.

"Of course, if you'll have me," Mass replied to Aiya's question. His tail briefly swept the ground behind him as he turned to the Vulpix and smiled.

"Well, if you're willing to learn, I'm sure I could show you a thing or two. Though, that reminds me--" He tilted his head a little. "I don't think I caught your name earlier."

Interacted: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean SCSaya06 SCSaya06

Snazzy
Cursed Forest, 8:00 AM

The Alolan Meowth was somewhat surprised to hear the words of gratitude coming from Azure, even if it was for just a second. When the Water-type mentioned him stealing credit though an annoyed look took over. "Taking credit?! For what?! It's clear my raw strength is scaring it so much that it's unable to move!" Unfortunately he didn't know much about status conditions beyond flinching.

He looked up as he saw Elliot jumping over him and nailing the mushroom Pokemon with an Icicle Crash. It definitely looked powerful, and seemed to be enough to do the Morelull in. Unfortunately it also caused Elliot to fall and crash as well. The feline Pokemon couldn't help but snicker as the Ice-type got himself back up.

He watched as Elliot moved the fainted Pokemon's body out of the way and felt some disdain. That thing had attacked them, why was he treating it so nicely? Then again he realized that it was probably just defending itself after they went and tried to pull it from the ground and also felt a little bad.

The guilt wasn't long-lasting however, as some shock once again was visible on Snazzy's face as Elliot addressed him. He frowned after hearing how the guy felt the need to emphasize that he had in fact knocked the attacking Pokemon out as well as call the feline Pokemon a clown. He didn't understand why Elliot needed to point the first part out, as anyone with eyes could have seen that, but felt quite betrayed at the other's suggestion for him to turn around.

"How could you say that as my second in command?! I'm not being a clown! You're the one who's being a meanie! And I'm plenty tough! I helped against that Pokemon! I scared it enough to keep it still so you could knock it out! And if you hadn't jumped in so suddenly, I would have been the one to beat it!"

As the Sneasel turned around and continued into the darkness, Snazzy rushed forth and pushed past him. "You're demoted!" he said as he continued to head the group with a quick pace.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Skipper Skipper WallrusY WallrusY Zmandd Zmandd

Aiya
Star Shard Town - Riverbank
7:00 AM - 7:30 AM

"I see."

Admittedly, the Vulpix's words don't really inspire confidence. However, her willingness to learn was good enough for her and Mass even offered to help teach them a few things. The journey to the riverbank was also a relatively relaxed affair. They shouldn't encounter too many obstacles along the way.

"Very well." Aiya nodded at the Linoone's response, her ears perking up again. "Let's go then."

The great River Sixth encircles the town, acting as a natural barrier and food source for the inhabitants of Star Shard. It was quite a long walk but at least it was rather straightforward to get there. Mulch can be found in abundance in the area, owing to the seasonal flooding which cleanses the river floor and enriches the floor. It was also a good place to spot some clay. The reeds around the sides help hold the ceramic craft together. Of course, it required a skilled artisan to carve and build something like the custom plumbing in Aiya's house. She wasn't sure where Haruki found that Pokemon, nor did she remember what species did he belong even.

Nonetheless, there was still something about that Vulpix. Call it a sixth sense but Aiya smelled something different about her. Nothing malicious but, different. Was it the scent of a certain place she may have visited long ago? Possibly. Only one way to find out.

"Hey." She stops her advance and turns to face both Pokemon accompanying her on the quest. "You're a newcomer right? Where are you from? Hresvega? Snowpoint?" Aiya asks, hoping to gleam a bit more information from the snow Pokemon visitor.

Interacted: CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
Quest taken: Gather Mulch for Starly Farms

Erucca Carmine
Star Shard Town, 7 - 7:30 AM
Quest: Gathering Clay with Aiya?

Thankfully both of the other Pokemon were fairly understanding about her not being skilled in craftsmanship, and were willing to help her learn. Erucca just hoped that she could be of some assistance to the two as opposed to just being a burden. If that was the case though, hopefully she'd be able to find a job in town she would actually be able to do in order to earn the money needed to pay for the damages she caused.

"Oh... My name's Erucca," she responded to the large Linoone. Was he not around when she stupidly blurted it out before? Maybe that was for the best. "And you're... Mass?" She believed that's how he had introduced himself. The Alolan Vulpix then glanced at the Umbreon. "... And you're Aiya, right?" Is that what she had overheard Mass calling her?

Upon arriving at the river, she couldn't help but marvel at how big it looked. Erucca assumed that as a human she had come across lakes before, and some of them were probably large as well, but for some reason they just didn't seem to stand out as much as this one did, at least in terms of size. Perhaps it was because she was so much smaller now than she remembered herself being before. The Ice-type cautiously approached the water, pushing a paw into the softened soil next to it. Now how would she be able to tell the difference from clay versus regular soil?

Erucca turned around when Aiya once again spoke. Her eyes widened a bit when the Dark-type mentioned Snowpoint. "Y-yes!" she said, a little too enthusiastically. "That's where I was when-" Thankfully her senses returned before she could have sense anything stupid. "... I mean, yes... That's where I was before..." She was silent for a moment before asking, "How do you know of it? Have you... been there?"

CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell SCSaya06 SCSaya06

Apartment Building
07:47

Lily wasn't sure how to respond to the Phantump. He seemed friendly though, which was nice. She'd only hope her kids would be nice back to him. All of them were the troublemaker kind. They rarely mean any harm, but it doesn't mean they don't cause any. Speaking of her kids, were is Sam? Luke and Cloud were still play fighting, but Sam...

The Battlefield! Sam mentioned going to the Battlefield earlier, and today there was a tournament... he couldn't possibly be thinking of... Oh no.

"Aw dammit! I'm sorry Reed, but I think one of my kids just got himself into some big trouble..." as she finished the sentence, a loud bang could be heard from the apartment. Looking back, one of the kids could be seen in the midst of broken furniture pieces. "Cloud... what did I tell you about fighting INSIDE THE HOUSE?" Lily seemed quite angry. From inside the house a little voice said "I wasn't fighting, Luke was fighting!" "Liar! You told me that I hit like a Liligant!" "I don't care who was fighting, just stop! I need to stop your brother from getting beaten in the battlefield, and I want you all to behave while I'm gone, OK?"

Even though she said that, Lily didn't trust her kids to not wreck the room while she was gone. They've done it before, and would probably do it again. Looking at Reed, she thought that maybe... maybe he could look after them? "Reed, this might be a bit out of nowhere, but is it ok if I asked you to look after my kids for a bit? It's just for a short while, and I'd pay you a bit, I just need to get Sam from possibly getting himself in a lot of trouble. I mean, as long as you don't have any other plans or anything."

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Slight concern escaped Reed's face as Lily seemed to be worried about one of her kids who may have run off. He was startled when he heard the ruckus inside the building involving her other kids, but he maintained his usual friendly demeanor. Lily's other children were a little too energetic, but they were kids, so Reed thought nothing of it. Then Lily requested that Reed watch her kids.

He was planning to go to Starly Farms later that day, but there was plenty of time left in the day to do that. He could always come tomorrow if he happened to not be able to go today. Besides, Lily was offering him payment for watching her kids. At first, Reed was surprised at the sudden request, but his eyes quickly shone with excitement.

"Oh! Of course not! I'll gladly help out!"

Reed's naive and childish nature may not make him the best option for a babysitter, but he was eager to help out Lily and get to better know his new neighbors.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Apartment Building
07:48

"Oh, thank you so much! I won't be gone for long, just keep an eye on them and stop them if they try to break the place down. You should be fine though, being a ghost and all of that."

Lily the proceeded to rush to the battlefield, leaving the Phantump behind. Sam wasn't weak, but in comparison to most tournament entrants, he wouldn't have a chance to win. Worse still, he might push himself too hard and seriously endanger himself.

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back