• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Life Long Odyssey

Oh, I just assumed that Pokemon who could use that move could roughly control area it affected, just as an electric Pokemon had dominion over where thunderbolt fired, but I guess I'll change it

iampyrus said:
Oh, I just assumed that Pokemon who could use that move could roughly control area it affected, just as an electric Pokemon had dominion over where thunderbolt fired, but I guess I'll change it
Sadly that's not the case. Sound waves are not something that a physical creature can control once it leaves the body. A metaphysical wave's natural form is that of a sphere extending out from the source, so once it leaves Whismer's mouth there's no controlling where it goes. He can try to close his mouth to shrink the area of effect, but it's still going to catch just about everyone directly in front of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
iampyrus said:
editted it
Cool. Just a minor detail, but sometimes it's the little things that have the biggest unforeseen consequences. If you're ever unsure of what a Pokemon attack would really do, just ask me and I'll be happy to help sort it all out.

Hey @Kyero later on in the RP, preferably when we get to Viridian City, I would like a shiny Cranidos. That's the only shiny and fossil Pokemon I intend to ask for. I want to use it as a development arc for Piplup, and hence all the other Pokemon. It will quickly become the powerhouse of the team, once Trey trains it, and with natural talent, be able to overpower Trey's other Pokemon, making Piplup jealous and want to work harder, and lead the other Pokemon to do so as well. The Pokemon will naturally be special, being a fossil Pokemon and shiny as well, causing it to quickly become the pride of Trey's team. This will upset the other Pokemon, giving them a new goal to work towards, and helping to develop the Pokemon as characters, and aid in their training. Plus Cranidos is my favorite fossil Pokemon, and I like how it looks :) )))))))).

iampyrus said:
Hey @Kyero later on in the RP, preferably when we get to Viridian City, I would like a shiny Cranidos. That's the only shiny and fossil Pokemon I intend to ask for. I want to use it as a development arc for Piplup, and hence all the other Pokemon. It will quickly become the powerhouse of the team, once Trey trains it, and with natural talent, be able to overpower Trey's other Pokemon, making Piplup jealous and want to work harder, and lead the other Pokemon to do so as well. The Pokemon will naturally be special, being a fossil Pokemon and shiny as well, causing it to quickly become the pride of Trey's team. This will upset the other Pokemon, giving them a new goal to work towards, and helping to develop the Pokemon as characters, and aid in their training. Plus Cranidos is my favorite fossil Pokemon, and I like how it looks :) )))))))).
EDIT: Before I get to Cranidos, your opponent doesn't get money from you. They win it automatically from the Pokemon League itself so Trey doesn't have to interact with him once the battle is over.

Now... On to the main matter at hand.

I can allow you to capture Cranidos later, but Viridian City is way too early in the adventure to get a fossil Pokemon. Also Cranidos is a "jungle dwelling" Pokemon so Viridian City and its surrounding area isn't the kind of place where it would live in the first place.

You can accomplish the same exact development with all of Trey's Pokemon no matter what Pokemon you capture so long as it's naturally a bit larger and of a more physically powerful build. Cranidos is just one of literally a couple hundred of Pokemon who would fit the bill and be more realistically available in the Viridian City area.

However I mention in the rules with respect to shiny Pokemon that there's got to be a better reason to have it shiny than "It's my favorite Pokemon and I like how it looks." That's the exact phrase I use to describe what not to tell me with regards as to why you want a shiny. So unfortunately I cannot allow your future Cranidos to be shiny based on that reasoning. Fossil Pokemon especially require a good reason as they're ancient species, making them even more rare than other Pokemon to begin with, and the rules as to why you want it shiny still apply. "It's my favorite and I like how it looks" is not a reason I will accept.

When I said that it was part of the joke @Kyero . I knew the rules said that, I was trying to be sarcastic and ironic lol. I didn't mean that. I wanted it to be shiny for all the other reasons. That's why I used that phrase. Dont punish me for the satire. (The smiley faces are further proof)

Also fixed the post

iampyrus said:
When I said that it was part of the joke @Kyero . I knew the rules said that, I was trying to be sarcastic and ironic lol. I didn't mean that. I wanted it to be shiny for all the other reasons. That's why I used that phrase. Dont punish me for the satire. (The smiley faces are further proof)
Also fixed the post
Sorry. Without verbal inflections it's hard for me to detect sarcasm online via typed text, but the decision to hold off on letting you acquire Cranidos remains. It'll have to wait a good while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back