• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Journey RP Sign-ups [Closed]

First off, yeah I need to see ALL his Pokemon. No Pokemon can be caught by a trainer without first confirming it with me... this includes in the RP as well. (not that I'll be super strict about it but I just wanna make sure there's rule breaking Pokemon you try to add to your team (IE know an ability it can't have, etc). )

That being said... I bring up one of the rules:

26) Please only start the RP with 6 Pokemon maximum... I can allow exceptions but please let me know.

So let me know what they are... cuz I'd still prefer my limit but if you have a reason for him to have the others (despite already having a pretty strong/competant Team).... You can still catch the others as the RP progresses... But... yeah let me know what they are and reason for why I should allow to take on the exception...

Then....

I do have a slight issue with his backstory of being the son of a kahuna of Poni Island... which techincally, it'd be Hapu who's the current kahuna of Poni. (Btw, I DO know there are various theroies concerning the timeline of the games... but the only ones I'm 100% sticking with are between Kanto and Johto... and BW/B2W2... so even if a theory suggests that for all the games to have taken place, Hapu would be an old lady now.... *shrug* not going by them.)

Thus, your backstory wouldn't exactly work... I COULD allow maybe for him to be Hapu's brother or cousin? And just change 'father' to 'grand-father' and it could still work out.
That’s fair I suppose I can keep with that six Pokémon for now and maybe add others later. I didn’t realize there was a rule against that(didn’t see the list of rules sorry). I’ll change father to grandfather for sake of simplicity if that’s alright.

That’s fair I suppose I can keep with that six Pokémon for now and maybe add others later. I didn’t realize there was a rule against that(didn’t see the list of rules sorry). I’ll change father to grandfather for sake of simplicity if that’s alright.
The list is on the first post of this thread.

Also, please indicate if he'd be Hapu's brother or Cousin.

JCKane JCKane
I made a few simple changes to Akamai’s backstory. I’m not exactly sure whether or not you meant that Akamai’s grandfather would be Hapu’s brother/cousin or Akamai himself, so I made Akamai’s grandfather her brother.

JCKane JCKane
I made a few simple changes to Akamai’s backstory. I’m not exactly sure whether or not you meant that Akamai’s grandfather would be Hapu’s brother/cousin or Akamai himself, so I made Akamai’s grandfather her brother.
Uh... thought it was obvious... since it would be pretty hard for Hapu to be a grandmother, and Hapu talked about how her grandfather was kahuna before her... and that giving the choice of Akamai being Hapu's brother or cousin would still give them the same Grandfahter.... thus I was refering to Akamai being Hapu's brother or Cousin.

Uh... thought it was obvious... since it would be pretty hard for Hapu to be a grandmother, and Hapu talked about how her grandfather was kahuna before her... and that giving the choice of Akamai being Hapu's brother or cousin would still give them the same Grandfahter.... thus I was refering to Akamai being Hapu's brother or Cousin.
Okay gotcha I didn’t understand I’ll fix that bit.

Name: Akamai Kahale

Hometown: Was born on Poni Island in the Alola Region

Appearance: View attachment 662347

Competition Type: Thinks it will be fun to do the gym challenges though isn't taking it too seriously.

Personality: Akamai is a laid back individual, he is never in a hurry, even when he probably should be. He almost never gets serious or takes anything seriously. Some think that he is a bit of a fool as he often has the appearance of not thinking things through, though he is a more thoughtful individual then he looks. He wants people to get along and doesn't like arguments of any sort. He doesn't seem to understand why people could be greedy enough to hurt other people and pokemon for their own personal gain. Whenever he is in a battle he seems to have winning at the back of his mind in favor of making sure his pokemon enjoy themselves in the battle.

Background: Akamai's grandfather was the kahuna of Poni Island. And as the brother of the current kahuna, Akamai had many expectations thrust upon him. Akamai did not care for them, when he turned eleven he took on the trials and gained a starter pokemon, though he never finished them. Akamai seemed to favor traveling and exploring to any sort of battle. He caught many pokemon throughout the Alola islands and when he turned fourteen he decided to leave Alola to travel other regions, going through Galar, Sinnoh and Unova as more of a casual trainer then a real Gym Challenger. Now Akamai has arrived in Kanto and has decided for the first time to actually take up a gym challenge.

Team

Species: Decidueye.
Nickname: Bo
Nature: Timid
Ability: Long Reach
Moves:
Spirit Shackle
Shadow Sneak
Leaf Blade
Brave Bird
Additional Info: Bo as his ability suggests is a timid creature. He has gained confidence over his journey with Akamai but he can still be skittish around new people or pokemon, outside of battle.

Species: Lycanroc(Dusk form)
Nickname: Flint
Nature: Reckless
Ability: Tough Claws
Moves:
Accelerock
Stone Edge
Crunch
Rock Climb

Species: Garchomp
Nickname: Thresher
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves
Dragon Rush
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Slash
Additional Info: Thresher is extremely protective of any creature she deems her friends and gets downright vicious whenever one of them is threatened

Species: Obstagoon
Nickname: Rook
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Defiant
Moves:
Double Edge
Night Slash
Counter
Thunder Punch

Species: Corviknight
Nickname: Excal
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Mirror Armor
Moves
Steel WIng
Hurricane
Air Slash
Fly

Species: Emboar
Nickname: Bruiser
Nature: Bold
Ability: Blaze
Moves
Wild Charge
Flare Blitz
Hammer Arm
Flame Charge
accepted! Please post your CS into the CS Section (Link found in the OP of this place) and I'll be inviting you to our OOC chat so we can discuss how to start you off and the like.

Hey it seems I might have been skipped lol what else do I need to be accepted. Also, I would like to add a Druddigon to my party.
whoops sorry, I thought I had replied to you.... but anyways here's my reply :P

OK Making changes now. And thanks XD. Also, I can change it from an egg to a baby Vulpix if that helps to stay Universally cannon. Would it be better to make my first Post in Pallet or add it to my backstory.?
First of all, yeah it'd be better if it arrived as a Baby Vulpix... though probably best if it arrived in a Pokeball than well just a baby in a box.

second, your first post will depend on which of our groups you join, which we can discuss further in the OOC. But the 'faster' group is in Cerulean and thus you'll have to sum your battle with Brock. One is heading back to pewter so we COULD have them meet up there... while the third is in Viridian going to go through them in nearly reverse order (Viridian being last still). So if them, it'd depend on when you want them to meet them because they're going to stop and do a Contest there.

third: "(Ending of it is a bit corny -can and will be changed if needed.) " Dunno if this was left over from the last one but... yeah.

Name: Lani Kalilikane

Hometown: Mele'Mele Island, Alola Region

Appearance: 01d30fa630774f2d62f8bede5b9d194d.jpg

Competition type: Contests

Backstory: Lani never really knew her parents. Her mother - a Pokemon Ranger - and her father - a Pokemon Researcher - both died when she was still very young. Growing up she was instead raised by her older sister, Kani. Kani was a hardworking young woman who did all she could to provide for her little sister, working multiple jobs just to make ends meet. They lived in a small house on the outskirts of Hau'oli City, surrounded by the sea.
As a child, Lani was told many stories about her parents, the many adventures they would go on, and the incredible Pokemon they would meet along the way. Needless to say, it sparked a flame within her young heart, a desire to be just like them.
As she grew older, Lani became ever more fascinated by Pokemon. She would make many trips to the Pokemon research lab, always chock full of questions for the professor. When she wasn't asking questions she was out exploring, searching for traces of wild Pokemon in order to observe and study them. Occasionally she would come across a sick or injured Pokemon, and would immediately bring it back home where she would nurse it back to health.
By the time she was old enough to begin her own journey, Lani knew she wanted to travel all across the world and meet as many incredible Pokemon as she possibly could. With help from Professor Kukui she was able to pick out her very own starter Pokemon and together they set out on their quest to fill her Pokedex. During her travels she became interested in contests, which she competed in and sent her winnings back home to her sister.

Team-

Pokemon 1

Species: Lycanroc (Dusk Form)

Nickname: Roxie

Held Item: Hard Stone

Additional Information: The first Pokemon Lani ever caught. Raised from a Rockruff found on Ten Carat Hill.

Move 1: Accelerock

Move 2: Rock Tomb

Move 3: Rock Slide

Move 4: Stone Edge

Pokemon 2
Species: Zoroark

Nickname: Zora

Ability: Illusion

Held Item: Quick Claw

Additional Information: Lani raised Zora from a Zorua that she befriended while spending some time at the Trainers' School on Mele'Mele Island. Zora is the second Pokemon Lani ever caught on her own.

Move 1: Torment

Move 2: Foul Play

Move 3: Dark Pulse

Move 4: Night Daze

Pokemon 3
Species: Litten

Nickname: Ash

Held Item: Everstone

Additional Information: The first Pokemon Lani ever received. Ash wears its Everstone on a little chain around its neck. It won't let anyone take it off. Travels with Lani outside its Pokeball.

Move 1: Fire Fang

Move 2: Bite

Move 3: Flamethrower

Move 4: Flare Blitz

Pokemon 4
Species: Lilligant

Nickname: Lili

Ability: Own Tempo

Held Item: Rose Incense

Additional Information: Lani raised Lili from a Petilil whom she met in Ula'Ula Meadow on Ula'Ula Island.

Move 1: Giga Drain

Move 2: Petal Blizzard

Move 3: Petal Dance

Move 4: Sleep Powder

Pokemon 5
Species: Gengar

Nickname: Happy

Ability: Levitate

Held Item: Spell Tag

Additional Information: Lani raised Happy from a Gastly that she found while exploring the abandoned Thrifty Megamart. This mischievous Pokemon has a habit of escaping his Pokeball.

Move 1: Lick

Move 2: Poison Jab

Move 3: Shadow Ball

Move 4: Dream Eater

Pokemon 6
Species: Eevee

Nickname: Oliver

Ability: Adaptability

Held Item: Silk Scarf

Additional Information: Will evolve into Sylveon. Lani caught Oliver while traveling through Pikachu Valley on Akala Island

Move 1: Baby-Doll Eyes

Move 2: Takedown

Move 3: Charm

Move 4: Last Resort

Name: Lani Kalilikane

Hometown: Mele'Mele Island, Alola Region

Appearance: View attachment 662855

Competition type: Contests

Backstory: Lani never really knew her parents. Her mother - a Pokemon Ranger - and her father - a Pokemon Researcher - both died when she was still very young. Growing up she was instead raised by her older sister, Kani. Kani was a hardworking young woman who did all she could to provide for her little sister, working multiple jobs just to make ends meet. They lived in a small house on the outskirts of Hau'oli City, surrounded by the sea.
As a child, Lani was told many stories about her parents, the many adventures they would go on, and the incredible Pokemon they would meet along the way. Needless to say, it sparked a flame within her young heart, a desire to be just like them.
As she grew older, Lani became ever more fascinated by Pokemon. She would make many trips to the Pokemon research lab, always chock full of questions for the professor. When she wasn't asking questions she was out exploring, searching for traces of wild Pokemon in order to observe and study them. Occasionally she would come across a sick or injured Pokemon, and would immediately bring it back home where she would nurse it back to health.
By the time she was old enough to begin her own journey, Lani knew she wanted to travel all across the world and meet as many incredible Pokemon as she possibly could. With help from Professor Kukui she was able to pick out her very own starter Pokemon and together they set out on their quest to fill her Pokedex. During her travels she became interested in contests, which she competed in and sent her winnings back home to her sister.

Team-

Pokemon 1

Species: Lycanroc (Dusk Form)

Nickname: Roxie

Held Item: Hard Stone

Additional Information: The first Pokemon Lani ever caught. Raised from a Rockruff found on Ten Carat Hill.

Move 1: Accelerock

Move 2: Rock Tomb

Move 3: Rock Slide

Move 4: Stone Edge

Pokemon 2
Species: Zoroark

Nickname: Zora

Ability: Illusion

Held Item: Quick Claw

Additional Information: Lani raised Zora from a Zorua that she befriended while spending some time at the Trainers' School on Mele'Mele Island. Zora is the second Pokemon Lani ever caught on her own.

Move 1: Torment

Move 2: Foul Play

Move 3: Dark Pulse

Move 4: Night Daze

Pokemon 3
Species: Litten

Nickname: Ash

Held Item: Everstone

Additional Information: The first Pokemon Lani ever received. Ash wears its Everstone on a little chain around its neck. It won't let anyone take it off. Travels with Lani outside its Pokeball.

Move 1: Fire Fang

Move 2: Bite

Move 3: Flamethrower

Move 4: Flare Blitz

Pokemon 4
Species: Lilligant

Nickname: Lili

Ability: Own Tempo

Held Item: Rose Incense

Additional Information: Lani raised Lili from a Petilil whom she met in Ula'Ula Meadow on Ula'Ula Island.

Move 1: Giga Drain

Move 2: Petal Blizzard

Move 3: Petal Dance

Move 4: Sleep Powder

Pokemon 5
Species: Gengar

Nickname: Happy

Ability: Levitate

Held Item: Spell Tag

Additional Information: Lani raised Happy from a Gastly that she found while exploring the abandoned Thrifty Megamart. This mischievous Pokemon has a habit of escaping his Pokeball.

Move 1: Lick

Move 2: Poison Jab

Move 3: Shadow Ball

Move 4: Dream Eater

Pokemon 6
Species: Eevee

Nickname: Oliver

Ability: Adaptability

Held Item: Silk Scarf

Additional Information: Will evolve into Sylveon. Lani caught Oliver while traveling through Pikachu Valley on Akala Island

Move 1: Baby-Doll Eyes

Move 2: Takedown

Move 3: Charm

Move 4: Last Resort
accepted!

Also... anyone who makes edits for your CS's like I asked, please let me know when you have cuz otherwise, I won't know.

Name: Lillie

Appearance: A tall girl with light skin, green eyes and long blonde hair. She likes to wear beautifully designed, dull colored clothing.

Competition type: She hasn't completed the island challenge in Alola, only the gyms in Kanto, and she participates in contests.

Backstory: After the events of Pokémon Sun, Lillie lived into Kanto, with her mother, who was still suffering from the effects of the Nihilego's poison.

Now that she's a little older, she's decided to become a professor and study Ultra Beasts so that what happened to her mother will never happen again, but she couldn't without her gym badges, and her Pokèmon were too weak to possibly do that... So she barrowed her friend Selene's Pokémon to win them. Illegally.

And now, she regrets it.

Team- Popcorn, Lilli, Golbat, Pheromosa, Clefairy

Pokemon 1- Popcorn

Species: Primarina

Nickname: Popcorn

Ability: Liquid Voice

Held Item: None

Additional Information:

Move 1: Aqua Jet

Move 2: Sparkling Aria

Move 3: Hydro Pump

Move 4: Moonblast

Pokémon 2- Lilli

Species: Stoutland

Nickname: Lilli

Ability: Intimidate

Held Item: Lucky Egg

Additional Information:

Move 1: Tackle

Move 2: Headbutt

Move 3: Bite

Move 4: Crunch

Pokémon 3- Golbat

Ability: None

Held Item: None

Move 1: Poison Jab

Move 2: Air Slash

Move 3: Bite

Move 4: Venoshock

Pokémon 4- Pheromosa

Gender- Female

Ability- None

Move 1: Me First

Move 2: Brick Break

Move 3: Jump Kick

Move 4: After You

Pokémon 5- Clefairy

Nickname: Nothing

Held Item: Moon Stone

Move 1: Moon Blast

Move 2: Fairy Wind

Move 3: Light Screen

Move 4: Tackle

Last edited:
Liftoff Liftoff

Ok so... hadn't thought about people using known characters for the most part... it's not a no and I don't really have anything for Lillie... but just means I'll need a bit more of a timeline for it... but anyways here's some questions and issues I have right off the batt.

1)

Competition type: She hasn't completed the island challenge in Alola, only the gyms in Kanto, and she participates in contests.
When you say "only gyms in Kanto" are you saying she has completed getting all 8 badges? Cuz based on the sentence structure you're saying she has...

And I'm not 100% I'm ok with her having done so as we're still in the start of Kanto. :/

2)
, Lillie lived into Kanto, with her mother, who was still suffering from the effects of the Nihilego's poison.
I may have a story element with that that I'll run by you.

3)
her friend Selene's
Who's Selina?

4)
So she barrowed her friend Selene's Pokémon to win them. Illegally.

And now, she regrets it.
So she stole them? And what do you mean by she regrets it?

Also... I don't think that really fits her character to steal for that reason.... ok yeah she has stolen a Pokemon technically but that was to protect the Pokemon itself... but I dunno I feel that her reasoning behind this one is flawed... though there's another in the next point I'm going to bring up.

5)
she's decided to become a professor and study Ultra Beasts so that what happened to her mother will never happen again, but she couldn't without her gym badges, and her Pokèmon were too weak to possibly do that...
Getting Gym Badges is not a qualification for becoming a Pokemon professor. In fact you don't have to be a strong battler at all. Thus again her reasoning for stealing those Pokemon aren't sound.

6)

Held Item: Poisonium Z
See rule #.... eh I'm on my phone and don't feel like looking it up. But even though she's from Alola, she's not allowed to use Z Moves. I'm restricting everyone from this for now for story purposes.

1. I meant to fix that. What I meant was that she is participating in the Gym challenge...

2: Alrighty then.

3: Selene is the Female Protagonist of Sun and Moon.

4: She talked Selene into letting her barrow them.

5: I'm going by Pokémon Adventures rules, so I could ditch that, I suppose.

6: Sorry... There were so many... I'll take that off, then.

1. I meant to fix that. What I meant was that she is participating in the Gym challenge...

2: Alrighty then.

3: Selene is the Female Protagonist of Sun and Moon.

4: She talked Selene into letting her barrow them.

5: I'm going by Pokémon Adventures rules, so I could ditch that, I suppose.

6: Sorry... There were so many... I'll take that off, then.

1) Ok

2) OK

3) uh... ok I have a bit of a problem with that... truth be told I'm not sure what I'm doing with the player characters from the games just yet.... I know Red and Blue will still be Red and Blue... but outside of that, I've not decided on.... so if possible could you not reference the S/M character.... including having them do something else in your "Additions" to it.

4) Borrowing and "Borrowed Illegally" isn't exactly the same... plus see above... and honestly, part of me just doesn't see Lillie borrowing from another person as she'd want to do things her own way.

5) Yeah, I'm basing it more on the Games.... with some Anime references here and there.

6) Yeah there are alot, but I need everyone to look over them. Why I put them there to avoid and issues such as this one from happening before they do.

Everyone's who's signing up... please make sure you're letting me know when you make a change as I won't know unless you do.

I'll go over tomorrow and tag those who I've not heard back from yet though. If you're no longer interested in the RP... please also let me know.

Appearance: A tall girl with light skin, green eyes and long blonde hair. She likes to wear beautifully designed, dull colored clothing.

Competition type: She hasn't completed the island challenge in Alola, but hopes to finish the ones in Kanto. She also participates in contests.

Backstory: After the events of Pokémon Sun, Lillie lived into Kanto, with her mother, who was still suffering from the effects of the Nihilego's poison.

Even though she's grown up some, she still feels weak, compared to all the other girls in Kanto, and even Alola. She feels ready, but what if her Pokémon aren't?

Team- Clefairy, Ribombee

Pokémon 1- Clefable

Ability: Magic Guard

Pokémon 2- Ribombee

Ability: Honey Gather

Held Item: Light Clay

Move 1: U turn

Move 4: Pollen Puff

Is this more plausible?

Last edited:

Competition type: She hasn't completed the island challenge in Alola, but hopes to finish the ones in Kanto. She also participates in contests.

Even though she's grown up some, she still feels weak, compared to all the other girls in Kanto, and even Alola. She feels ready, but what if her Pokémon aren't?

Team- Clefairy, Ribombee

Pokémon 1- Clefairy

Pokémon 2- Ribombee

Ability: Honey Gather

Held Item: Light Clay

Move 1: U turn

Move 4: Pollen Puff

Is this more plausible?
Clefary needs an ability... and why's it holding a moon stone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back