• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Johto (Roleplay Thread)

Leonardo Von Matoi

Tuesday, August 9th Time: 11:00 AM

Interactions/Mentions: Reina ( Hecotoro Hecotoro ) Andy ( mdebourg mdebourg )
Freshly arrived in Johto was the Performer/ Connoseuier Leonardo as he was attending in Johto just to attend the Johto Grand Festival, he was excited to perform as much as well to see how his competitors do in their performances as he enjoys having fun and witnessing the flashy poses, the graceful moves, the feeling of pure radiance... and grandeur of doing it in front your audience just to see them in awe and pleased by the magnificent act one Performer/ Coordinator could pull off. With his partner Basil at his side, as in question was holding Leo's hand taking in the sights as she was in complete awe, she has been with him supporting her partner through and through the 15-year-old's journey as a Performer as she and two other pokemon at the moment was with him.

But then the two halted at seeing a Pack of Zubat with a Golbat leading that was attacking a Meowth as that was very unjust and unfair. But he would then notice a pair of trainers and a Bulbasaur there springing into action with the girl bringing out a Nidorina and it using Fury Swipes to protect the group of Meowths, as he thought he should assist as one pokemon is not enough in protecting the Meowths.

"Guess we got to help those Meowths huh, Basil." he said looking at his partner who beamed excitedly at the mere thought of getting to pummel another flying type with her hammer.

"Tink! Tinkerton! Tink!" She said excitedly. Leonardo smirks at the expression as he then points to the Group of Zubats.

"Well then, Basil use Gigaton Hammer!"

Basil leaps into the air with her hammer ready as she squeals in upmost joy she swings her hammer down by swinging her body as she aims for the Zubat nearest to the meowths, making quite an entrance if the move strikes.

• Basil The Tinkerton
  • Loona the Lopunny
  • Ferriweather the Audino

Friday, July 25th

Violet City Gym
Johto

Interactions: Jennifer Steatoda ( Dracogar Dracogar )

“Welcome to the Violet City Gym! If you’d like to place a challenge, please head over to the receptionist’s desk to have your Pokémon inspected.”

As Jennifer entered the Gym, she was immediately greeted by the attending Gym trainer. He was a rather short boy, no older than 13 or 14. Maybe that’s why he was stationed at the door instead of on the battlefield.

“You’re pretty lucky. Usually, there’d be a line to challenge the Gym leader, but with the Silver Conference so close, most people who want to challenge the Violet City gym have already done so. Anyway, good luck on your challenge!”

CODE BY SEROBLISS
REINA
CORTEZ

Tuesday, August 9th, Route 39, WCS Rank 25,274. Current team: Flor Bulbasaur, Sapphire Nidorina, Peque Swampert, Storm Lapras.

"Whoa! What is that?!" Reina watched with amazement as the fairy Pokemon smashed a Zubat down with her hammer. "That's amazing, thank you!" She called out to the new trainer joining the fight.

Nidorina on the other hand wasn't impressed, she had fought off more Zubat than that new Pokemon with the weapon. She set her green eyes on the Golbat, ready to show how strong she really was! Dark energy gathered around the poison type before she lunged towards the Golbat with a giant jaw made of dark aura in front of her, ready to Bite her opponent!

Golbat matched Sapphire with his own Bite, both clashing in the air before the bat Pokemon followed up with a vicious Wing Attack, sending the Nidorina crashing to the ground. He wasn't done, the Pokemon started emitting a loud screeching sound, Supersonic, to all his enemies.

"Sapphire!" Reina cried out as she and her Nidorina covered their ears trying to withstand the ear busting move.

Interactions: mdebourg mdebourg Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

69,200$
3x Super Potions
4x Antidotes
3x Full Heals
x6 Great Balls
Oran berry, Sitrus Berry, Lum Berry
Rotom Phone
Tour Guide - Johto
Battling for Dummies book
Sleeping bag
Small cooking equipment and some ingredients
Swimsuit
TR tbd

Tuesday August 9th Route 39
interactions: Hecotoro Hecotoro Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

"World Coronation Series? Oh me too! Well maybe we can get some training in once we have some time. "But I have to warn you, I've been training hard, even if my Pokemon are newly caught, we can't be taken lightly."
"The training would be good, though I don't really know if I'm even worth your time yet," he says feeling like he isn't even in the same league as Reina right now given he was more out to see the world than training his pokemon as hard as possible. Exploring the region would help with bonding though so that is something at least and to him more important than sheer power. While they move along Tesla, his Mareep, and Topaz, the Cleffa, play around a bit. The sheep acts more akin to a Mudbray bucking the Cleffa lightly, which rides in his wool with no electrical issues. Andy smiles, finding this cute, the pair doing this for a while.

"Come on, Andy, time to work!" he hears Reina call out as her pokemon look to protect a Meowth from 10 Zubats. However, it looks like someone else with another pokemon was also present as that pokemon uses a hammer to knock away a Zubat as if its playing poke-baseball, a feat that Reina, Andy and Andy's pokemon marvel at before Tesla is sent in to help with the Zubat swarm, getting in a thundershock on one of them before the Zubat would unleash supersonic to the annoyance of everyone, leaving the sheep confused and now open to getting attacked via poison fang. A shrill bleat of pain follows this as not only did that hurt a lot but left the mon looking sickly thanks to the poison coursing through it now.

Friday, July 25th — 9:07 a.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Whirlpool Docks, Cianwood City
Johto

『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha 』
Interactions: Theodore Hightower ( Theo713 Theo713 )
Mentions: Nakano Saito ( Merciless Medic Merciless Medic )

“Heart-to-heart?” Those words were all at once far too serious and far too intimate for anything Esther had in mind. She looked askance at Theo; her confusion readily apparent as her expression scrunched. “What nonsense are you on about?”

The Oblivian half-snorted, half-scoffed, and sent her free hand sweeping through her hair. She removed her scrunchie in one swift motion and her carefully constructed mess of hair was free to catch the ocean breeze. Esther grinned and threw a playful wink. “I just wanted to be dramatic.”

“I think I’ll head to Kalos straight from Olivine Port and since we’ve never battled, I figured now was as good a time as any. Anyways, there’s a battlefield on the roof. I’ll be waiting~” With that Esther walked off to thoughts of which Pokémon she’d use against Theo and who she would challenge next. She wasn’t certain but she was pretty sure Theo was a new trainer, possibly even newer than herself. If that was the case…maybe she should go easy on him? The thought brought a scowl to Esther's lips. How hypocritical. Esther knew she’d hate it if someone else pulled their punches against her. She was sure Naka had done much the same with Wishiwashi back at the Whirl Cup. The sentiment was appreciated but hollow victories didn’t amount to anything…

A minute or so later, Esther stood on the far side of the rooftop battlefield. Her chosen Pokémon—Çiera—had already taken a position and the Bounsweet’s expression was stormier than the seas below.

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | PokéFlute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Johnathan Grayson
July 25th - Cianwood City, Johto Region

When it was time, Johnathan smiled as he made his way to board the boat just as everyone else did, his hands rested in his pockets as his feet finally touched the deck and he decided to have a little walk around and get familiar with his surroundings. He wanted to make sure he knew his time on the boat would be good since the cruise will likely take quite a while. As much as he wanted to join in and socialize with the others, he felt like he had plenty of time to do that while they were on the boat, as he strolled around, a bright light spilled out of his pocket and revealed itself to be one of Johnathan's most trusted Pokemon, Wigglytuff who announced her arrival with a lovely musical note that Johnathan knew all too well, something that Johnathan warmly smiled at as he reached to pet Wigglytuff's head. Wigglytuff seemingly purred as her ears wiggled from the head pat, a sign that she enjoyed it very much.

"Hey Wigglytuff, you wanna join me as we look around the ship for a bit?" Johnathan asked, Wiiglytuff responded immediately with a nod, she walked alongside Johnathan with a cute smile, one that was cute enough for some people to turn and see only to suddenly show an unsettled look whenever her eyes looked at them. Johnathan on the other hand paid absolutely no attention to any of the looks some people gave his Wigglytuff as he strolled like nothing strange happened at all. After a while of strolling, Johnathan decided to lean against one of the railings of the ship and look out at the sea view, from the aquatic Pokemon that swam beneath to the Wingulls that flew above, a familiar yet breathtaking sight that the trainer just couldn't get enough of.

"Wow! What a cute Wigglytuff!" A female voice called out and appeared to get louder, something that caused both Johnathan and Wigglytuff to turn and look at a rather pretty caramel haired lady approach the two with sparkles in her eyes. Johnathan smiled at the lady as he put a hand on Wigglytuff's back. "Glad you think so. She's one of my most trusted partners." Johnathan replied as the lady giggled a little. "Can I pet her?" The lady asked while Johnathan replied with a silent smile and a nod, as the lady reached out to touch Wigglytuff... she suddenly flinched, almost like she just got hit with a horrific jumpscare, her expression changed from sweet to frightened as the hand that reached out to her began to shake, Wigglytuff glared at the lady with eyes that pierced her very soul, as if one wrong move could mean an untimely end. The lady moved her hand away and quickly looked at Johnathan who looked back at her with a calm yet confused look and a small tilt of his head.

"Somethin' wrong?" Johnathan asked as the lady took a step back. "I-I... gotta go!" The lady said in a panic and race walked away from Johnathan and Wigglytuff, Johnathan scratched the top of his head as he couldn't understand her sudden change in mood. This wasn't the first time that someone approached Johnathan only to mysteriously be scared away, it always happened, but Johnathan could never understand why it keeps happening. He looked down at Wigglytuff who looked back at him with a sweet smile and ignorant tilt of her head, Johnathan took a moment to process what just happened and simply brushed it off with a shrug as he turned back around to look at the ocean once again.

"Easy come, easy go..." Johnathan said as his fingers drummed on the railing. "Oh well."

Leonardo Von Matoi

Tuesday, August 9th Time: 11:10 AM

Interactions: Reina ( Hecotoro Hecotoro ) Andy ( mdebourg mdebourg )
Leonardo smiled a bit in gratitude, as Leo was only doing his best to assist the pair and their Pokemon. Basil lands happily as she gets in quite a defensive stance and glares at the duo of Zubats. But then a Golbat decides to use Supersonic, disorienting Leonardo who covers his ears and Basil is unable to be confused as she shakes her head.

"Basil, you alright?" Leonardo called out.

"Tinkaton!"

The Tinkaton only gives Leonardo a curt nod, as then a Zubat uses Air Cutter at the distracted Pokemon knocking her back with a yelp. Not only that as the Zubat wasn't finished, He used Venoshock at the Fairy Type, But Basil dodged making it a close call. But then Leonardo had an idea. " We need to get the Zubat and the Golbat away from that Meowth group, so we can fight them together!" He said.

"Basil, Flash Cannon Now!"

Basil smiled as she condenses the glowing energy around her stubby arms in front of her before releasing a brilliant beam of light hitting two more Zubats.

• Basil The Tinkerton
  • Loona the Lopunny
  • Ferriweather the Audino

RICK
Date: July 25th

"Oh, you were in the Safari Zone too?" Rick said, as Naka told him she had seen him in the park. He rolled his eyes, taping his lips as he tried to remember some familiar face back in the park. "Don't think I noticed... but also that Aggron didn't give me much room to focus on anything else." He shrugged. "I ended up saving this Charlotte woman in the end. After talking she seemed to know a bit too much about some Team Cell that is testing a kind of drug that enhances all stats of a pokémon and causes them to go berserk as a side effect. You said you liked genetics, so there's that." He explained.

Rick then turned around, hands in his pocket as he stared at the gangplank with a bunch of people still in line to board, then glanced over the deck. "This might get a bit too crowded, soon." He muttered, before ultimately looking up at the ship's mast. "That's more like it!" He said, while Pearl hovered above them. "Do an air and water surveillance around the ship's perimeter. I've had enough of rampaging pokémon in this region and don't wanna get surprised by another for the rest of my stay." He commanded to his Dragonair. The serpent chirped before moving away and start flying circles. "I'll be up there watching the scenery, if someone needs me. See you soon!" He said to Naka as he hopped onto Iris.

Before Iris jumped to the ship's upper deck, Rick noticed the two trainers with the intentions of battling each other. Rick sighed. "Ya know, there are better ways of settling scores than having your pokémon do it for you. Like using your own fists, for example... or grappling, if that's more of your style." Rick commented. "Tell you what! I'll give one grand to each of you to change your mind." He said, taking two bills out of the envelope. Alas, by the time he finished, the trainers already had their pokémon out, so he counted it as a "no". Rick shrugged. "Welp! Your loss!" He put the bills back in the envelope. "Just don't push each other out of the ship into the ocean. Nor anyone else with a stray attack or something." He said, before Iris did a high jump into the mast's platform.

Friday, July 25th — 9:07 a.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Johto

『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha 』
Interactions: Rick ( R Rydge )
Mentions:

Money!? It went without saying, but even if Esther hadn’t been strapped for cash, the offer of a thousand dollars for free was more than enough to catch her attention. What was this guy’s play? Did he hate Pokémon battles? Or did he just have some fetish for watching people fight? What other reason could he possibly have for offering a cash prize and then suggesting they grapple? Whatever his reasons, Esther didn’t care—Punch Theo for a thousand dollars? Did you even need to ask? Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Theo might hurt, but pain was temporary. A thousand dollars was also temporary, but he could at least bandage his wounds with the money.

Could she…get more?

“Well met Rich and nosy stranger, but I’ve been mortal enemies with this miscreant ever since he looked at me funny about a week ago. I can certainly be persuaded to let bygones be bygones, but I must seek recompense for all the time and emotion spent on this grudge. If you were willing to pay a bit more…not to say your offer isn’t already generous and I have every intention of accepting it, but more compensation would go a long way to amend the emotional damage this man has caused me.

“$2.000 and I’ll even punch him while wearing my swimsuit; I won’t judge your peculiar preoccupations as long as I get paid!”

Of course, once she’d given her sales pitch, Esther turned her eyes expectantly at the odd stranger. She briefly wondered if he would pay her another thousand if she picked another fight immediately afterward…

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | PokéFlute | Unidentified Fossil

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

CODE BY SEROBLISS
JENNIFER
STEATODA

Jennifer, Violet City's Gym, Johto, July 25th
CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon

Jennifer would nod before marching her way over to the receptionist, almost breaking down again at the counter. She motivated herself to be strong and push forward.

"I'd like to challenge this gym please."

She held her Trapinch's Pokeball tightly, the thought of the mon brought her comfort in this moment. She knew she could take them on. Change their minds. Maybe Bugsy would take back what he said.

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
REINA
CORTEZ

Tuesday, August 9th, Route 39, WCS Rank 25,274. Current team: Flor Bulbasaur, Sapphire Nidorina, Peque Swampert, Storm Lapras.

The Golbat scattered around the incoming Flash Cannon. Reina meanwhile dug through her bag quickly, taking out an Antidote in the process. "Andy, Catch!" She tossed it to the trainer and focused back on the battle.

Nidorina was confused, but that didn't stop her from charging in at the Golbat with Bite again. Or so, she thought. Her confusion caused her to bite down Basil's hammer, tugging on it as if trying to take it away. "Sapphire, wrong target! Snap out of it!"

The actual Golbat took advantage of this, sending multiple Air Cutter their way. The situation was getting bad and the kitten were still in danger, their mother crying out as she was hit by an Air Cutter. Three trainers who had just met trying to work together against a well coordinated swarm of Zubat and their Golbat leader. If they were to rescue the hostages, they would need to learn to work together, quick.

69,200$
3x Super Potions
4x Antidotes
3x Full Heals
x6 Great Balls
Rotom Phone
Tour Guide - Johto
Sleeping bag
Swimsuit
TR tbd

Friday, July 25th

Falkner
Violet City Gym
Johto

Once Jennifer’s Pokémon had been vetted, she was led to the Gym battlefield where Falkner and a referee awaited. This late in the Gym season, crows were thin and composed of only the most ardent of battle aficionados. The referee’s flag went up—

“Ladies & Gentlemen, a high-flying welcome to you all! Today we’ve got an unusually late challenger—a Miss Jennifer challenging Leader Falkner at first-badge level!”

“The Battle will be a 3v3 where the challenger may switch Pokémon freely, but the Gym leader may not! The battle will be over when three Pokémon from either side are fainted or disqualified! Well then, are you ready…? Begin!”

The ref’s flags fell and Falkner's first choice, a Taillow, took the field. “Welcome once again to my Gym challenger. Let me show you the magnificence of Bird Pokémon!”

Last edited:
August 9th route 39 Hecotoro Hecotoro Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

With that poison fang from earlier, things were looking bad already on his end. Thankfully Reina comes through with an antidote which he promptly uses to deal with the poison.

However, it seems Nidorina in her confused state was too busy biting on the tinkatons hammer causing more problems, the air cutter sent at them didn't help things either. Andy now tries at least drawing their attention for the moment. "Thunder Wave please Tesla, on the Golbat." he calls out , the weak electric pulse hits the Golbat paralyzing it. It did not enjoy that and would try another poison fang only for this to fail thanks to the paralysis moments earlier. "Guys give it a try now!" the loss in reaction time should leave the Golbat open for some other attacks, especially since a few of the swarm decide to attack the sheep in vengeance. While he is able to get a few thundershocks off, he soon would faint from this leaving Andy with only the fairies.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~July 25th...~
~Johto, Cianwood docks, SS Mainé, Olivine City...~
~interactions: Desmond...~
OIG.jpg

Aldon laid there in a sun chair relaxing for a large duration of the trip. After his trip to the whirlpool islands, some nice sun and relaxation was just what he needed. Skon hung from the back of back of the chair with his tail like a possum hanging from a tree. It was a very odd sight. Skol's head dragged against the floor, but the pink hippo didn't care, he was comfy.

As the group finally arrived to their next town, he heard the captain speak. Aldon turned and watched some of the others get off the boat first. Aldon was going to take his time getting off, and do this right. First destination was a first impression. As he looked around, he decided to get a second opinion.

"Hey Desmond, where do you plan to head first? The gym, lighthouse or just keep on going? I bet the lighthouse has some really nice views" Aldon commented. Skol stood by Aldon's side once more, ready to go.

"Poke poke!" Skol cheered.

Date: July 25
Interactions: Esther CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon , Rick R Rydge

“It...it's a quote from...th LionKing. Come on. I know you said there weren't many trainers whereyou're from, but are there no good movies too?” Esther had neverseen the Lion King. What kind of sad life had she lead until thispoint? That genuinely made him a touch sad. What else hadn't sheseen? “We need to have a movie marathon, you and I.” Ooh wait. Hedidn't have any way to show the movies in mind. All of his stuff wasstill at home after all.

Aaand she was gone. She planned totour Kalos, which he thought he remembered her mentioning before buthe wasn't 100% sure anymore. He remembered thinking it soundedforeign. He did wonder where they stood at the moment. Werethey...friends? Acquaintances? Strangers on a train? Boat, in thiscase. Whatever they were he didn't want to keep her waiting, so tothe rooftop battlefield he went. There he found both Esther and astranger talking, the new person riding atop a pokemon he wasbecoming very familiar with: A Rapidash. He wondered if Eos mightwant to meet one of her own kind away from the Safari Zone, butreasoned that he wasn't sure how fire proof the ship they were onactually was, and didn't want it to sink because of him. He justcouldn't afford a ship at the moment.

Then the strangeroffered the two of them a thousand dollars a piece to duke it outthemselves rather than have a pokemon battle. Huh. Interesting. Theowas about to speak, to to ask the man why he felt the need to makesuch an offer in the first place, when Esther beat him to the punchand made a counter offer to the man. “I object!” he turned tolook at Esther “I am not a miscreant at all. Hooligan perhaps.Vagabond I'll permit you. But a miscreant? Me? Never.” by thispoint he had put his left hand over the right side of his body,covering his heart to feign hurt at Esther's words. He couldn'tbelieve she'd say something so callous to his face like that. Thenerve!

Back to the matter at hand, Theo did have to admitthat a thousand dollars was a lot of money. And he couldn't continueto rely on Naka's contributions forever. He needed to start earninghis own money, and fast. And seeing that Esther was already willingand able to duke it out with him, he didn't see any reason not toreturn the gesture in kind. “A thousand dollars, one punch each. Idon't see a need to drag this out any longer than we must.” AtEsther's counter offer, Theo thought for a second “I agree. 2,000and I'll punch her while wearing her swim suit as well. It'llprobably look better on her than me, but whatever floats your boat.”He wasn't about to judge someone for their preferences. And he couldget twice as much done with 2,000 than he could 1,000.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
JENNIFER
STEATODA

Jennifer takes a breath. "I will prove myself as the prominent bug trainer that I am by taking you down Falkner! Go Trapinch!"
Jennifer hurls out her Trapinch, letting the orange bug take the scene, chomping in the air, ready for battle.
Jennifer feels the adrenaline coursing through her veins as she focuses on the task at hand.

Last edited:
RICK
Date: July 25th

After dismounting and leaning back on the ship's mast, Rick stared down at the ship's arena as his offer seemed to have caught the interest of one of the trainers. He expected as much. People love money, that's just how it is. Especially when it's free. What he did not expect, however, was for the girl to counter with $2,000 to punch the other guy while wearing a swimsuit. It only got weirder when the second trainer also came up and made the same proposal... the exact same one... including the part of wearing a swimsuit. Rick shook his head in confusion. For all he cared, they could just take the money, turn backs, and move on. But they just mixed greed and violence in the same package for the extra dollars.

"What the heck, guys! I have no interest in seeing you two fighting, let alone in swimsuits! I'm paying you because I don't agree with pokémon beating each other up just because their trainers don't get along. So long as that doesn't happen, whatever you do or wear afterwards, is up to you." Rick told them, shrugging before crossing his arms. "Pokémon shouldn't be used for personal disputes! It's not their problem. It's like asking your friend to beat another's friend because you don't wanna get your hands dirty. Doesn't make any sense and won't even solve anything." He added. Rick then grabbed the envelope again and peeked inside. He was starting to think he might spend it all in this trip and he didn't even know how much the flight course would cost. "$3,000 is my limit. That's $1,500 to each of you, which is probably more than you'll ever get for free. The alternative, if you hate each other so bad you can't share, is we can both play some tag and whoever wins claims the whole thing." He took the bills out and started giving them to Iris one by one for her to hold in her mouth for delivery. "But please decide before she thinks it's edible. Someone decided that making money green was a good idea, and I disagree."

Last edited:
Friday, July 25th

Falkner
Violet City Gym
Johto

“A Trapinich…?” The girl’s choice of Pokémon sparked Falkner’s interest. Ground types weren’t a frequent appearance in his gym, no doubt due to their inability to hit his high-flying birds. Although it was true many ground types also learned Rock-type moves, the Violet City gym was traditionally the first gym that trainers challenged and many a pure ground type didn’t learn rock-type moves that early in their journey. If a ground type was being used, the likes of Geodude & Onix were far more common for their dual-typing.

All that was to say, Falkner’s opponent was hiding something up her sleeve, or she seriously needed to return to Trainer school. Only time would tell. “Alright Taillow, let’s start strong—take to the skies and use «Focus Energy»!”

With a squawk, the gutsy Pokémon launched itself high! Its focus tightened, sharp eyes and even sharper talons ready to strike as soon as the order was given!

CODE BY SEROBLISS
JENNIFER
STEATODA

Jennifer smirked at the gym leaders surprise. He was obviously very confused on why she was using a bug type against his flying types, but soon he would learn that she was no joke. Still she had to be weary of what he could do. She glared at the flying Tailow, in order to get some advantage she would have to wait for it to get closer to get in some good damage. She just had to draw it in, with her quick thinking she devised a plan.

"Trapinch use Sand Attack! Veil yourself and get ready to fight back on my mark."

Trapinch let out a curdling screech and begin to kick up a bunch of sand, attempting to fling it into Taillow's eyes and filling the air with sand hoping to cloud its vision. The instinct of Trapinch would dig in, shuffling itself slightly into the sand letting its orange body helping to camouflage the Ant Pit Pokemon as it awaits the bird Pokemon with its jaws wide open, anticipating any attack just as it would in the wild.

Last edited:
Friday, July 25th

Falkner
Violet City Gym
Johto

Falkner applauded the girl’s cleverness. Sand Attack certainly wouldn’t be doing much to Taillow, but it would offer a perfect smokescreen. It was a shame Taillow didn’t possess Keen Eye like some of his other flying types, but regardless…this was only the start! “Close in Taillow!”

Without hesitation, Taillow’s wings tucked in, and it began to dive at the dust cloud. The girl’s plan was smart but if she was betting on a counterattack then she’d have to think again! Did she think she was faster than…Quick Attack? Taillow plunged into the dust cloud and Falkner smirked, folding his arms in mock triumph. “Now Taillow, «Quick Attack»!”

Partially obscured by the sand, Taillow’s feathers glowed! The gutsy Pokémon was a white bolt of lightning, descending on Trapinch with all the speed its tiny body could muster. Would the girl and her Trapinch be quick enough or would Taillow blind them with its speed? That was a gamble Falkner was willing to make!

Friday, July 25th — 9:10 a.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Johto

Interactions: Rick ( R Rydge )
Mentions: Theodore Hightower ( Theo713 Theo713 )

Dancing & Farm work were both labor-intensive activities. As a practitioner of both, Esther was used to early mornings and hours spend honing her craft. In other words, Esther was a disciplined person—a very disciplined person. Even soldier and professional athletes could only be a bit more disciplined than she. And yet, in spite of all that, she had nearly bent—cracked beneath the pressure and ruined everything. A lesser woman might’ve faltered, stumbled, and broke but not Esther. No matter how twitchy her lips felt, no matter how painfully her cheeks cramped, no matter how funny the idea Theo in her swimsuit sounded or how disappointed she was that the weirdo stranger wasn’t quite weird enough for that—she would not ruin this opportunity. She gave nary a ‘pfft–‘ nor whimper of disappointment. But her eyes did dance across Theo’s form, squinting to smiling moons as she assessed her new goal—the one she would pursue right after she earned this money…How was she going to get Theo to wear her swimsuit anyways? Thoughts for later.

A raise to $1,500 sobered her up, with that much money…she should have enough to cover Pyrrha’s Everstone, surely?

The ship’s horn blew, the captain’s voice crackled over the intercom—All passengers were present and accounted for, so the ship was departing ahead of schedule. An hour’s journey lay ahead and at its end was Olivine Port.

An hour…that should be enough time, right? Esther wet her lips and focused on the man and his Rapidash. “Very well…what kind of ‘Tag’ are we talking about? What are the rules? Can we use our Pokémon? How do we know you’ll pay up?”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Nakano Saito1702999068568.png
Date: July 25, 2022
Interactions: Johnathan Grayson, Esther Sophys, Theo Hightower
Mentions: Desmond Andrews, Aldon Charlton, Rick, Emma Argentston
CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon Theo713 Theo713 Red Guy Red Guy godjacob godjacob ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101 R Rydge Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6
Pokémon Team:
Blastoise
Brontis the Chikorita
Silenus the Sceptile
Mudster the Swampert
Minnie the Mienshao
Hattie the Hatterene
Apollo the Paldean Blaze Breed Tauros

Naka was all sorts of excited. Esther was happy as can be, and Naka smiled as she got a good answer from her. Good, good. She was even going to battle Theo. She waved at Theo, nodded at his need for an answer, then gave them each a thumbs up. “Good luck, you two~. Have fuuun~!” She watched as they ran off, with Rick hopping near the crow’s nest and then deciding to bet on Theo and Esther fist-fighting. Naka rolled her eyes. It was good to know that Rick at least helped out Charlotte, she was fine, and that the Aggron was taken care of, and that someone else knew about Team Cell’s existence. Drug that enhanced all stats, goes berserk… She did like genetics, but this wasn’t a genetic issue. Still, it was something worth looking into. Who knows who else will try and use Team Cell’s stuff and attempt to bury them.

Like Team Rocket.

She noticed Aldon taking pictures with his Slowpoke and hanging around, then Desmond walking into the crowd, and he disappeared. Though, thinking back as to how Desmond reacted to the nickname, she laughed. Ohh, that was funny. She then noticed Emma losing sight of him and releasing her Togekiss to go find him. At least it wasn’t anything scary. Wouldn’t want to make the children cry.

That’s when she noticed Johnathan with his Wigglytuff. She noticed a woman coming over to him, wanting to pet the Wigglytuff, then power-walking away, scared out of her mind. Curious, she came over, the Chikorita sleeping on her shoulder from the calming seabreeze.

She approached Johnathan again, waving her hand with a huge smile. “Hey, John buddy. Two questions. One, about wanting to get stronger and maybe - if Arceus allows it - getting a Legendary. What got you into that? And two, may I pet her two? She’s so adowable.” She teased, but being genuine in her affections - mostly doing this out of curiosity to see just what scared the woman away.

Date: July 25
Interactions: Esther CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon , Rick R Rydge

Wait. Now he was confused. Wasn't thewhole point of pokemon battles to settle scores? There wereprofessional bouts and what have you, but didn't the laws of thisworld call for a pokeon battle to determine....well, everything? Thetalk of getting free money kind of took the wind out of his sails asfar as the battle was concerned. Why should they fight if this wasgoing to be such a simpler, and much more lucrative, solution?

Theoo turned his attention to Esther to say something whenthe ship's horn blew, Theo covering his ears with his hands until thesound was over. He heard the message that every passenger was onboard and ready to go, so the ship would be departing ahead ofschedule. Their destinaion: Olivine Port. And it was only going totake an hour! That was either very convenient, this Olivine place wasmuch closer than he thought, or this ship was about to shift in tomaximum overdrive.

As Esther's question, Theo would shake hishead. “I think that was just an example. We could shake hands andhe'd pay us. Though I have to agree” He turned towards the stranger“We don't have any way of knowing you're actually going topay. You're way over there. We're way over here. Aaaand you'refeeding your money to your pokemon. It's...not looking too good foryou, all things considered. I mean I know I'm not about to approachsome radom person, their pokemon, and just reach my hand out allwilly nilly. One wrong move and bam! There goes my hand.” He againlooked to Esther “What about you? Feel like losing a hand today?”

CODE BY SEROBLISS
REINA
CORTEZ

"Enough!" Reina took out a Moon Ball from her bag and tossed up into the air. The sphere opened to unleashed a Lapras. The water Pokemon wiggled her ears as her eyes set on the swarm of Zubat and let out a challenging roar. "Ice Shard!"

Storm gathered shards of ice around her and shot them all forward at once. The shards hit various of the swarm, including the Golbat. Feeling out matched, the Golbat let out a loud cry and flew away, with the Zubat following quickly after. Reina smiled and returned her water Pokemon and her Nidorina.

"I'm not supposed to use my Lapras, but the Meowth were in danger." She turned to face the feline Pokemon, who were licking their wounds and getting bathed by their mother. "We should leave them alone for now. So, I'm Reina Cortez, thanks for the help!"

The Metztlian trainer walked up to the new arrival and offered to shake her hand. "We're moving towards Moomoo farm to check if everything is okay, answering to the league's request to help out with the Zubat Swarm. Want to join?"

69,200$
3x Super Potions
4x Antidotes
3x Full Heals
x6 Great Balls
Rotom Phone
Tour Guide - Johto
Sleeping bag
Swimsuit
TR tbd

Fortunately, Reina would essentially say 'screw it' and whip out one of what he assumed was one of her more trained mon in Lapras. The barrage of ice shards sent the bats scattering away, Andy just tending to the mareep a bit before heading to the person with the Tinkaton and nodding in affirmation at Leo and his Tinkaton, "Thank you for the help with the bats, sir," he nods looking to shake their hands. Then he turns to the felines who appear to be a bit worse for wear but nothing too bad, nonetheless, Andy would tend to the cats before everyone moves along to the farm to check on the pokemon there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back