• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

Julieta, the Alolan Vulpix
(F), Lvl. 15
Vulpix, Alola Form. The Fox Pokémon. An Ice type. Vulpix is covered in white fur and was discovered on Mount Lanakila. Its breath can reach a temperature of 60 below zero, freezing anything it touches. And that Vulpix? It's a Fire type. When carefully groomed, its six tails can be extremely beautiful.
-
María's first Pokemon. Julieta was hurt and crying when María found her; María hugged her, brought her home, and they were inseparable ever since. Julieta is cautious around new environments and experiences, but she can get really into something once she gets the hang of it. She's always looking out for her trainer. If it weren't for Julieta, María would probably have trouble sleeping soundly.
Type: Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: The Greenhouse, between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Time: Afternoon
Wearing: Green baggy trousers, a red-and-black flannel shirt with a white blouse underneath, red sneakers, black socks.
Items: Brown Backpack

For a moment, María thought she'd been too hard on Imogen, but then Imogen smiled and it seemed she was glad that María was going with her, so that was fine. "Mhm," she answered absent-mindedly as she tried to still be able to find Pinsir's pokeball which of course wasn't going to magically appearing. It seemed even Imogen was getting jittery so it was no use lying, well, she'll have to deal with the consequences (that she was making up, because Imogen would probably not even bat an eye or just laugh it off) after all.

"Okay, okay, first, I didn't--" as she was going to explain, she registered what Imogen said just now, and it set her off a bit, "wait, first, I am not a 'Negative Nancy', whatever that's supposed to be, I'm not a 'Nancy', and I'm not 'Negative'," she sighed and pointed at Imogen... Imogen was a handful after all... or maybe María had a really short fuse... who'd have known, "and, I didn't lose my 'ultra super important item'", and at this she tried to be stern or angry, but she ended up giggling, because gods Imogen really could just come up with the most goofy names for things like just out of the blue, then put her right hand on Imogen's right shoulder and said, looking into her eyes, "but I did lose Pinsir's ball, though," as she could between her giggles, and trying to stop giggling like an idiot.

Imogen giggled watching her still go through her bag, " Oh Maria im only teasing, im sorry I should lighten up on you. Espically since your going out of your way for me. " then when Maria said she lost Pinsir she froze in place, she had a look of her horror as her pupils we're very small. " N-no...your kidding...Pinsir. We gotta go find him, a Pokemon is a Pokemon but they could easily be swayed to another owner. But ! Ignore the negatives. " Imogen looked up at Swablu, " Sable do me a favor and comb the area for me. Look for a Pokeball or umm someone who looks like they scored something sweet ! " Imogen yelled out as she waved her hands up as Sable understood some of what she said.

But Sable could understand her hand language, waving meant flying so Sable had to fly and scout for anything interesting or bad. Sable cried out understanding her then flew up high above them. Then looked around quickly, Imogen looked at Maria as she lightly tapped her shoulder walking a few paces. " Don't worry Sable can find him for you, she used to be a Rescue Pokemon actually... " Imogen said with a small smile on her face, but she feels Imogen does hold Sable back sometimes. Given her history, " You could've let me catch my own mom...why give me Sable..." she thought sadly to herself, it reminded of her a memory of her mother giving her Sable and her Pokeball that looked like a Love Ball. She held her hands together as she shifted her eyes to Maria. " At least I got you giggling, which is a good. Laughing distracts us from our problems. "

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

(F), Lvl. 15
Vulpix, Alola Form. The Fox Pokémon. An Ice type. Vulpix is covered in white fur and was discovered on Mount Lanakila. Its breath can reach a temperature of 60 below zero, freezing anything it touches. And that Vulpix? It's a Fire type. When carefully groomed, its six tails can be extremely beautiful.
-
María's first Pokemon. Julieta was hurt and crying when María found her; María hugged her, brought her home, and they were inseparable ever since. Julieta is cautious around new environments and experiences, but she can get really into something once she gets the hang of it. She's always looking out for her trainer. If it weren't for Julieta, María would probably have trouble sleeping soundly.
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Wearing: Green baggy trousers, a red-and-black flannel shirt with a white blouse underneath, red sneakers, black socks.

"Yes, yes, I know, sorry..." she really did not want to release all of her frustration onto Imogen, thankfully, Imogen seemed to be taking it well. At the mention of Pinsir's ball having gone missing, it was Imogen who readily instructed Sable to go look for it as soon as possible. Honestly, Imogen looked even more worried than María, or, well, maybe María was just better at hiding and repressing her emotions that she didn't show it, but she was really beating herself up over being such an idiot as to lose Pinsir's ball who-knows-where. Juli, still on top of María's shoulder, cried: "Vulpix, Vul! (It's not often María loses something, hmmm, well, do your best, Sable!)" Juli pondered if it'd have been better for her to go and help too, but she ended up concluding that she better stay as support for María.

So Sable was a Rescue Pokemon, that's interesting. María wondered how Imogen knew... I mean, she didn't know what Juli was before being her partner Pokemon, maybe she was just in the wild but maybe something had happened to her... María wished she could knows. Then, María had stopped giggling, but chuckled at Imogen's way of phrasing things. "Sure does, huh," she said. "Well, then, let us go check on the counter, maybe I just left it with the nurse. I don't recall ever grabbing Pinsir's ball after lifting Juli up," she added, made sure she had all her stuff as she closed her backpack, and then finally took Imogen by the hand to rush down the stairs and into the open PokeCenter where, hopefully, Pinsir's ball would be. Maybe Sable would find it before them.

Imogen only giggled at Maria's apology as she moved towards her as she holds out her hands, as she made both of her index fingers point up, as she moved them both together to her face. " Now calm down and let little Sable find him. Before this Rhyhorn charges you head on with pokes of doom. " Imogen said in a low pitched voice as she made a cute little roar. Imogen then laughed as she lowered her hands. She wanted to cheer up Maria at least a little so she wasn't so freaking out too much. Sable flew around the Greenhouse, then she decided to check back at the Pokemon Center, the nurse was there asleep sitting in a light grey chair. There was a Pokeball on the counter for the nurse, next to a couple of other medical supplies. " Swablu ! ( That must be what im looking for, I think that brown hair girl left it behind. ) She flew downward fast as cotton from her fluffy weather flew off her.

Then in a quick instant, she snatched the Pokeball off. Happiny blinked in confusion as she looked around to see where the sudden windcame from. Sable gripped the Pokeball in her mouth, then she went back to where Imogen and Maria we're. Imogen looked up as she saw her Swablu, " Hey over here ! " she waved. Sable dropped the Pokeball on Imogen's head as it bounced off towards Maria's direction. Sable's eyes we're closed as she chirped happily, " Swablu !! ( I found something praise me now ! ) " she then had her mouth open. Imogen chuckled, " Ok, tell you what. since it's still..." she then looked out of the window, to see the sun was setting. " It's still sunset out there, we can eat first and then bag us a beast. " Imogen said as Sable only heard the word eat cheering with happiness.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

(F), Lvl. 15
-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind

Before María could get ahold of Imogen's hand, though, Imogen slipped her hands away and pointed both her fingers up, mimicking a rhyno. Honestly, María wanted to be stern, she wanted to be angry... but all she could do was laugh wholeheartedly... Imogen was so silly! Not in a million years would she be caught doing this, but Imogen made it seem so natural, like she just didn't care and like she was just free to say and do anything at all and nothing mattered. And maybe nothing mattered...

As both of them stood there laughing, Sable came back with the ball. She dropped it off on Imogen's head, then it fell to the ground and bounced multiple times before María picked it up, dumbfounded at the quick rescue. And, well, Sable dropping it off on Imogen's head had been surprising, too, and, frankly, funny. Sable cried something and opened her mouth, then Juli answered: "Vulpix... (What a needy baby, this Sable...)" she answered in a mock-bickering tone. Apparently that meant she wanted food... what a baby. Feels well-suited to Imogen indeed. Aaaand that meant the four of them would eat together, so María wouldn't lie and say she didn't want to. She wanted to try and hold Imogen's hand again, but all her courage had vanished, so she just asked, looking at Imogen: "Shall we look for some place to eat out?"

Imogen glared at Sable at the Pokeball drop from earlier, " Didn't need to do that you little..." she mumbled but then looked at Maria. " O-Oh ? Sure thing I think their might be something outside. Hopefully, otherwise Sable here is out of luck. " as she said that with a mischievous smirk. Sable's wings flutter a bit looking at Julietta, " Swablu...( Aww, don't be like that...I just think we deserve something. ) " Sable suggested to Julietta who was probably hungry too, not recalling seeing her eat at all when they got here. " To food hunting we go then Maria " Imogen announced humming a Pokemon song tune she heard on the Pokenav Radio. She often tuned into it during her solo travels.

The radio station was out on the outskirts of Lilycove City, though she wishes they would play more variety of songs. Imogen started making her way down the steps, then towards the door with Maria. As she hummed a little more enjoying her new company, there was one restuarant that caught her attention outside. It was a fairly large sized yellow building, it had bright orange polka dotted spots on it. Along with a sign next to the door listing it's specials, There was a neon sign saying, " Dulcey's Dinery " it was both a place for people and Pokemon to eat at. Listing tons of healthy food options for Pokemon. " Ooo...this place looks promising. " Imogen said pointing at the Dinery.

She started making her way toward the entrance happily looking at the sign, One caught her eye being the " Salmon Special for only 700 Poke Dollars." Imogen smiled as she always loved seafood. " That sounds good. " she thought, then she reached into her dress pocket to pull out a wallet. Suddenly out of the pocket a Great Ball fell out with a rose petal sticker on the top of it. Imogen looked down to grab it, " Roselia...I still never thought up a name for you...hmm should I release her out, maybe she would like to eat...but..." Imogen visioned scenes of Roselia screaming in terror from the crowd or causing a big scene. She sighed negating the idea of releasing her.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

(F), Lvl. 15
-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: Dulcey's Dinery, near The Greenhouse (between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town), Hoenn

María simply nodded at Imogen as they went out. Julieta and Sable, meanwhile, were chatting with each other, whoever knows what they were talking about... "Vulpix (Well, in that you are correct, we haven't eaten in a while, and you've done a good job)" she smiled at Sable who flew overhead, Juli still was atop María's shoulder, one of her favourite places. María listened to Imogen humming a song while they walked, she didn't remember ever hearing it, now... what kind of music did Imogen listen to? María wondered... she sadly didn't know how to play any instrument, but she listened to lots of music on her MP3 player with her teal headphones that she had in her backpack, though of course she wouldn't bring them out with Imogen at her side, it'd be disrespectful and she, frankly, is having fun with Imogen.

María stopped when Imogen did, they were in front of a yellow building with orange polka dot pattern over it, it had a manu out in the open, and María took a look at it since Imogen seemed interested in this place. She... didn't really see the appeal, but if Imogen was fine with it, maybe it was good? Before she entered, though, Imogen tried to fish something out of her pocket... maybe her wallet? But instead a ball with a rose petal sticker on top of it fell down, and Imogen promptly picked it up. Imogen made anything seem cheerful. María had not yet decided what she would eat, but from Imogen's face, it seemed like she was already set. There were many options, from pasta to seafood to meat and salads, and María was at a loss. The price was roughly one thousand Poke Coins on average, which was a biiit pricey but nothing troubling, María didn't have any money trouble. Maybe she'd ask for Imogen's recommendation on the food, since she was from Hoenn.

María placed her hand on Imogen's shoulder, who stood there looking kind of melancholically at her rose-petal Pokeball, and the said. "Shall we go in? It... it will be my treat, so don't worry about money," she had no idea if Imogen was troubled with money or not but she still just, she wanted to thank Imogen for saving her and, well, putting up with her and everything, maybe Imogen didn't think much of it but it was a big deal to María and she definitely wanted to pay for anything Imogen wanted. She tried smiling, though it probably came up a bit weird, her head messing up her thoughts a bit, but she'd be alright.

Imogen blinked snapping out of her visualizations. As she looked over at Maria offering to pay. " Oh you don't gotta do that though..." she replied as Imogen felt a bit bad on Maria wanting to pay. So a part of her would still pay in secret when Maria wasn't looking. " I have enough money, so when Maria steps outside or something. I'll sneak my own money onto the table. Hehehe Good plan Immy " she thought smiling to herself. Hoping Maria wouldn't notice, " Well let's go my dear Maria " she laughed as she opened the door for her letting her in as Sable flew inside. " Swablu ! ( Good thing you didn't the food in here smells so good ! ) " Swablu cried looking excited as she flew around in the air with excitement.

The inside of the place was fairly medium sized, It could hold up to 40 people though the place didn't look as busy. Mostly due to the beast lurking out in the woods. Their looked to be at least only two people. The sitting arrangement we're booths and a couple of tables with chairs. The food smelled really good, with a variety of choices. In a separate room their was a area for Pokemon to eat too. There was some Pokemon already in there from what Imogen could see. This excited her the whole vibe of the place itself. The inside of the building had Chandelure and Lampent themes for lights as well. With a giant Litwick next to the check in area. Even though the Pokemon didn't match the tone of the inside which was colored red with the tables and a lot of other decorations too.

A male server greeted them from the check in area, " Hello girls, table for two and oh you have Pokemon with you. They could also be seated in a seperate room. If you so wish it. " he politely spoke as Imogen looked up at Sable. She wasn't sure on the idea of Sable sitting with other Pokemon, plus she was very protective here so it would be hard to keep a eye on her. " Um...I like to keep Sable with me. If that's okay with you sir. ? " she asked, " Why of course you can and how about your friend over there ? " he asked.

"I want to, though," María was firm. She really wanted to pay for Imogen and just get her anything she wanted for food... maybe it was dumb, but she was still adamant on doing it. María entered as Imogen opened the door for her and called her 'dear', and she felt happy. Sable entered as well, while Juli was on María's arms now. Juli looked at the flying Sable with endearment, she felt so content that they were eating!

There were only two people sitting in one of the booths, and there seemed to be an area where some Pokemon were playing around. María did not want to let go of Juli, though. María looked up and the lights where Chandelure themed, and while the inside was mostly red, a Litwick stood on the counter. It was a heavily-decorated place.

María answered simply, almost irritated, though she beared no ill-will. "Juli stays too." The server politely understood: "Sure, you can sit wherever you want to," he said. María looked at Imogen and then went to one of the tables near the windows, "Want to sit here, Imogen?" she said, and this time she moved the chair back for Imogen to seat, hopefully she'd like the seats next to the window...

With that said, now that they were about to eat and everything... she realised how... dirty she still looked. She still had some little branches here and there and her clothes were still almost-torn here and there too... hopefully she'd get to change into something more suitable soon... not that Imogen cared, but she didn't want to stay like this all the time, but, well, they'd go and face a beast now so she probably would do good to stay with these clothes for now, they could take another beating. Since they were now inside, she took off her flannel shirt and place it on the chair she was about to sit on.

She followed Maria to her seat as Sable landed down on Imogen's head, " Of course Maria ! " she smiled as she moved to where Maria choosed. She saw her pull the chair for her as Imogen smiled lightly, " Thank you my dear " Imogen giggled as she was enjoying today. She sat down in her chair as she started to scoot up. She was happy with the seating area Maria picked. Imogen enjoyed seeing the outside view. Imogen smiled, seeing the sun slowly setting even if they had to go defeat this mysterious beast. Imogen was enjoying the moment.

She quietly looked back at the entire restaurant as she then moved to look at Maria, humming quietly again as a waitress walked over to them. " Hello there. " the waitress smiled as Imogen looked at her. " Why hello " Imogen greeted as the waitress took out small notepad. " How can I help you ? " Imogen saw a menu for Maria and herself as Imogen went to grab hers. As Imogen opened hers she saw so many choices. " Can I have a drink cause wow...whew...there is so many options. " she said sighing pretending she was out of breath. The waitress nodded as she looked at Maria.

" Please take your time, if you want any drinks to start with or even appetizers too. " Imogen couldn't even think of what to pick for a appetizer so she decided on one drink. " How about some Strawberry Soda ? " she asked as the waitress began writing it down looking at Imogen. Then she looked at Maria, " And for you miss ? "

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

(F), Lvl. 15
-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: Dulcey's Dinery, near The Greenhouse (between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town), Hoenn
Wearing: Green baggy trousers, a white blouse (red-and-black flannel shirt on chair), red sneakers, black socks.

It was always so cute when Sable nestled on Imogen's head... I mean, she'd seen it, what, three times? But it was always so cute! María couldn't help but smile at Imogen calling her 'dear' again... of course, she probably just meant it as a term of endearment and nothing more but... what if... well, no time for dumb over-thinking, María! Better to focus on Imogen and the food and maybe all will follow its due course... or something like that. At this point, maybe she was being so incredibly obvious that Imogen had already picked up her crush and was teasing her... no, Imogen wouldn't do that... she wouldn't, right? Or maybe she was accepting her...? María was sat in the seat in front of Imogen, and caressed Juli's fur to try and calm down. The sun beamed with its last rays as it hid in the west.

"Hello," María said and bowed slightly with her head as the waitress came over. María smirked at the antics of Imogen, who grabbed the menu so fast María barely had any time to stop caressing Juli and grab it, she was definitely excited to eat here and María vowed to make Imogen's time here as fun as possible. María looked at Imogen before looking back at the waitress, then the menu for a moment, then the waitress again. "I'd like this lemonade with ginger and mint, thank you," the waitress was about to leave when María added, "ah, and please bring these, uh, yaki-gyoza, yes?" the waitress nodded, noted it in her little notepad, and went about her work. [x]

As the waitress left, María turned her attention back to Imogen. "Hey, thought we could share those... I think you'll like them, they look crispy," María said to Imogen, trying to start a conversation in any way, though she probably didn't have to worry about that with Imogen but, still, she felt like she needed to say something. She played with the hem of her blouse as she waited for Imogen to answer.

Imogen checked the food Maria just ordered as she quickly grabbed the menu, she looked to see it was on the menu. The image of it made it look really good, Swablu lightly pecked on Imogen's head, " O-Oh hang on ! " she yelled to the waitress as she stopped in place and quickly walked back over. " I-im sorry was there something else you need ? " she asked as Imogen nodded as Sable smiled at the waitress with a smirk. " Yes, some Pokesnax's please. For both my Swablu and this cute Vulpix here. " she said as the waitress smiled and began making a note of Imogen's order. " Of course, I'll bring your order soon. " she replied as she walks into the kitchen.

She clapped with excitement, " Maria this is so nice of you to treat me, but I wish you wouldn't put all the money necessities on yourself, I can pay my share too. I am a big girl you know. " she said in a cute tone on the last statement. Imogen hummed the same tune back at the Greenhouse, as she looked around the restaurant she didn't really have the time before to talk with Maria before, so now was the best time to it. " Ok Immy, what to say....hmm..." she looked at Maria for a minute, " Hey Maria what made you come to Hoenn in the first place ? I mean there are so many other regions to go too. " She held her fist up, " Like...Johto, Unova, Sinnoh, Alola...and a lot more out there. Hmm we're you here to see one the legendary Pokemon that lived here or just the sights of the place. Given what job you do. " she asked listing the place with her fingers. Raising up one by one.

María observed as Sable lightly pecked her trainer on the head, and Imogen promptly called the waitress again to ask for food for Sable and Juli, which was a nice gesture, and Sable pecking Imogen almost send María chuckling, but she managed to compose herself.

María gave a light chuckle at what Imogen said, Imogen really made María just think she was so dumb for always being so stuck-up... as Imogen was so cool and excited for basically anything. "Of course you are..." María said, almost in a tone of disbelief or false-mockery, and then continued, not swayed, in a really hushed tone that Imogen probably could not hear, "but I still want to pay, though," María rushed to it, and clapped her hands together.

Then she looked around the restaurant as Imogen hummed a song that she'd hummed before... at the Greenhouse, right? María wondered what it was again. She stopped looking around and looked at Imogen, who with the light of the restaurant looked cute with Sable atop her head, just looking around the restaurant like a kid with a new toy. Then, she snapped back to María, and María felt a bit embarrassed but didn't let her stare go, they stared for a while, María almost couldn't take it, the stares, the silence... until Imogen broke it.

Imogen started talking, she gestured a lot, raising her fist up, listing the regions one by one with her fingers, it was fun to see. María, though, she hoped her answer did not bore Imogen... because she had no idea why she'd chose Hoenn instead of any of the other regions, just a whim. She was glad now, though. Very. "Hmm," María pondered how to answer for a moment, "just on a whim... no reason at all, honestly," she said as she intertwined her hands and fingers, with her elbows resting on the table, "but... I'm really glad I chose Hoenn," she said, otherwise I wouldn't have met you, looking at the girl in front of her who had given her the best welcome into a region in, like, ever. She shifted her intertwined fingers, and waited for Imogen to answer.

Imogen smiled as she chuckled to herself, " Aww well im happy to hear. " she said in her sweet voice, but it seems like Maria was still set in her ways on paying, even if Imogen didn't want that at all. " Maybe I should let her, I had this huge scheme in my head....Buuuut, bleh...it wouldn't work anyways. I can tell Maria is too smart anyways." Though she was interested in hearing why she came. " On a whim huh..." she said quietly, then she softly smiled. " Well im happy to hear, even though im properly being a awful tour guide. But after we eat and take care of whatever beast...probably some huge Pokemon...we can explore some more. Funny enough, I do have some vacation days saved up. I can talk with my boss when we go back to Rustboro City " she said as she tapped the table with her right index finger.

" So we can make this like a huge adventure around Hoenn, minus the badge collecting " she chuckled as she covered her mouth slightly, with her right hand. She was having a fun time with Maria, usually not a lot of people stuck around with Imogen due to her aloof and talkative nature. But that's how she was. Preferring to smile and enjoy life not letting anything ruin that happiness for her. " Oh what about yourself ? Do you work im sorry if you told me before and my mind went. " she tipped her head right as Sable flew up in a bit of a huff. " Splish, splash. Like a jug of milk pouring into a empty bowl of cereal. " as she was in the middle of her odd imagery, she saw one waiter bring their drinks towards their table, then followed by the waitress before with the gyoza, it was on a large silver tray.

The waitress set it down on the table in front of them, as Imogen quickly grabbed her drink tilting her head up. " I hope you two enjoy. " the waitress sound bowing in front of them.

María watched Imogen as she talked, her smile was dazzling. She smiled, a light but sincere smile, the best María could spontaneously make for now, and listened as Imogen talked her ears off, asking and telling and asking stuff, she was getting used to this already. "Awful? Not at all, you're... the best guide I could've asked for," María interjected, blurting out her feelings. She really thought she'd been lucky to meet Imogen, not many people got along with María, who could be stiff and awkward, though none of that seemed to want to shine around Imogen...

"I would, of course, definitely like to go on a big adventure with you, Imogen," she answered as the waitress brought their drinks and the gyoza, as Imogen chuckled airily as she talked about a jug of milk or something, an analogy that María didn't entirely understand at first. Before she thought it through, María reached for Imogen's hand, lifted it, and, honestly, an image of her kissing Imogen's hand popped up in her mind and she got so embarrassed, but still held it for a moment as she said: "Badges are not important to me, travelling with you is..." she added awkwardly, "enough," she said and then she let go of her hand, her face grew a slight shade of red for a moment as she tried to calm down. "And, uh, I don't really work, so no jug of milk," she chuckled, "I just, like, write stuff and I like history."

María felt a bit... embarrassed at Imogen working and her just being kind of a drifter right now, but, well, writing was work, right? And being a historian certainly was cool, she just... wasn't there too, she felt... a bit inadequate around Imogen now, who worked and travelled and everything... and if she had to work, they wouldn't be able to travel forever unless Imogen left her work or woked by travelling around, but she couldn't ask that of Imogen, so she got a bit melancholic. The waitress excused herself, María bowed quickly at her. Still, she tried to enjoy the moment and grabbed two gyoza with her chopsticks, she first gave one to Juli, and then ate one herself as she waited for Imogen's to answer as she was drinking. The waitress excused herself, María bowed quickly at her.

Imogen looked at the food as her pupils became Staryu's, her eyes twinkled in delight from the excitement of what she was going to eat, the food smelled heavenly and looked divine as well. She smiled from her compliment on her being a good guide to her. " Aww...your sweet you know that Maria. " she said replied as she saw her grab her own set of chopsticks, as Swablu flew in place with excitement though she wondered where her Pokesnax's was. Imogen grabbed two gyoza herself as she tossed one up for Swablu, then she tossed one up in the air. As the two of them caught in their mouth, Swablu chirped with glee as she ate as Imogen bit into hers.

She laughed as she started to chew hers. " Am I good ? No ? Yes ? " she laughed as she seemed to be having a blast, as she ate the gyoza she hummed with joy, she was enjoying the gyoza so much. " This is so so good...You have such excellent taste Maria. And thank you...then we can spend the...hmm week or two weeks...adventuring around Hoenn. And also your a writer. That's like so awesome, is it history dating back to those times when Pokemon we're used in...uh I think the Sengoku era ? If im correct their was Pokemon used by Nobunga himself, also Mitsuhide too. But im sure you have much more history to tell. All in that cute brain of yours. " she complimented as she went to reach for another Gyoza, " Was it good Sable ? " she asked as Sable cheered loudly, as she preferred the Gyoza way over the Pokesnax. She was glad they forgot to bring the Pokesnax for Sable. As Imogen went to bring the gyoza towards her, she set one on the table close to the edge. As Sable reached to grab it with her beak, Imogen ate hers normally this time. " Oh...oh so good. I'm going to guess you tried this before Maria ? " she asked out of curiousity. Since Maria got the food, Imogen figured she had this in Johto or this was cooked by one of her family members.

" Also the jug of milk thing, please ignore that. I can be a bit quirky on my explainations. Like a Houndour chasing a Skitty up a tree, but the Houndour burns the tree to get the Skitty down...." Imogen paused smiling as she shifted her eyes to the right, " Ok that was another weird one...but it did happen. "

María blushed at Imogen's compliments... and then she saw that she was throwing the gyoza up and trying to catch them with her mouth (and Sable joined in), and she couldn't help but freak out, extending her hands outwards so that the gyoza wouldn't fall and she'd catch them if they did, when Imogen and Sable both caught them, she sighed, and couldn't help but laugh along with Imogen's antics at last. "Yes, I suppose..." But she still couldn't really bring herself to accept such a method... however fun it may be... maybe a little.

"Mhm, mhm, that's correct," she said following along what Imogen talked about. Then Imogen said 'cute brain' and for god's sake was she playing with her mind or what? She almost spat out the gyoza she was eating, and mustered a shy "Thank you," before resuming her eating. She gave Juli another one, she was content being on María's lap and she looked at Sable just fly around and eating happily.

She looked curiously as Imogen placed one gyoza on the far edge of the table, and was about to grab it before she realised Sable was supposed to catch it... good god she couldn't manage to stop herself from worrying about the proper way of doing things. "I did not, actually, try this before, just... on a whim," María smirked, referencing what she'd said before, "but a Houndour setting a tree on fire for a Skitty... that seems pretty... unordinate," she said, trying to look for a nice word, "and hey, the metaphors are alright, I mean... never heard any like those before."

She thought about Pinsir for a moment... she still was mad at him... but maybe she'd save some of the Pokesnax (if they ever brought them!) for him to eat later.

Sable was enjoying the food as she flew on top of Imogen's head, it looked like she was satisfied with food. She closed her wings around her body, as she yawned a little. " A little early Sable " Imogen said observing her as she smiled at Maria. " But it's true though Maria, it was the most oddest thing I saw outside of Rustboro, which is funny we don't really get Houndour's around here. Hmm...I wonder if I got turned into a Pokemon what would I be...hmm " she pondered this as she went for another Gyoza. " Well.. anywho...but are you going to bring your Pinsir out ? Cause well...it might be hungry too but I don't think Pokemon are too concerned about eating. " Imogen said as she started to eat the gyoza as she shifted herself in the chair. Then all of a sudden her Great Ball fell out of her pocket.

As the great ball hit the floor, it landed directly on the release button. As the Great Ball opened up wide as a bright red light bursted out. " Hmm ? Did something happen ? " Imogen thought to herself as she looked around. She looked around then looked down below the floor. Her eyes went wide in fear, as she looked frightened. " Oh dear...Roselia...h-how...did this happen..." she thought as she was thinking where Roselia went too. She soon found her answer as the table shook slightly. Imogen peeked down under the table, Roselia was holding the table closely, she looked different from most Roselia's her green colors were instead a light shade of blue, her rose hands we're black on the left. Purple on the right, the spikes sticking on her head we're slicked back, the leaves on her chest we're arranged as a mini dress for her. " R-Roselia...." ( W-where am I...what is this place...it's so scary...) she whimpered as Imogen held her hand out. But Roselia smacked away in fear. " Roselia..." Imogen sighed, she felt bad and she hoped Maria wasn't too upset.

When she saw that Sable was nodding off, Juli chirped. "Vulpix, vulpix, vulpix! (Don't go falling asleep, you dunce, we need to beat that beast, remember?)". She was frowning, and, mostly, she was worried about María, and Imogen too, so she wanted everyone to be at their peak for tonight. María petted Juli, not suspecting that she was talking about such serious matters with Sable while she and Imogen had a rather light-hearted conversation.

"Mhm," well, that was true, Houndour tended to stay in their territory and were mostly seen on Johto, though migration had made them appear in any region as of today. "What... Pokemon you would be... well I'm not sure..." honestly, María thought it was a bit of a weird question to have, and she didn't really want to think of Imogen being transformed into a Pokemon. "But," she cleared her throat, "I fear if I get Pinsir out here, he'll make a ruckus," she said just as a Great Ball fell from Imogen's right pocket.

María swiftly picked up the Great Ball, but it had burst open anyways. She grabbed it with her hand and waited to see what happened. Imogen lended out her hand and was smacked away by the Roselia. It didn't seem like the Roselia was angry... but it was... fearful? Of Imogen? Imogen was still looking down the table. Juli hopped off of María's lap into her head, and María, with Juli on top of her head, got off her seat and crouched on the floor. "So this is your Roselia... she was timid, right?" María said. Then she pondered for a moment. Maybe she was frightened by the atmosphere and the people talking? There weren't many people here, but still... she went and looked through her backpack until she found her teal headphones. She fished them out, closed her backpack, and, still crouching, looked at the Roselia intently. "Vul? (Hello?)" Juli said. But the Roselia seemed scared and talked to herself, mumbling 'Roselia, Roselia'.

"She may be scared of the noise... maybe it's a dumb idea, but do you want me to put these headphones on her? It could calm her down," María said as she shifted her gaze to Imogen who looked down at her from her chair.

Sable blinked as she jolted herself awake from all the commotion, She flapped down to the floor. Roselia looked at Sable as she blinked, " Roselia... (It's the Taillow that saved me...) " Roselia whispered as Sable heard that remark, " Swablu ! ( Im not that stupid bird ! I'm a Swablu..y-y-you flower ! ) " Swablu cried in anger as Roselia closed her eyes shivering more as Imogen made a pouty face at Swablu, clearly not helping the situation in the slightest bit. She shifted her eyes toward Maria's suggestion, Imogen wasn't sure if it would work. " Yes this is my cute Roselia, I wish you didn't have to met her like this... Hmm.. headphones, well ok Maria let's go with your plan. " she whispered to her as she didn't want Roselia to run out of the table and disturb the other customers or even the Pokemon that we're with their trainers. That alone would cause more of a ruckus, Imogen probably one or two people we're looking at them already.

She had her normal expression back, she looked at Maria with a light smile. " I'll distract her, you get your headphones and fire up whatever music you got on there. It just might calm her down. " she then looked at Roselia, " Roselia please..it's me Imogen remember how me and Sable saved you that day. From all those nasty Nincadas..." Imogen spoke softly to her, Roselia slowly opened up one eye. The shaking started to slowly stop, Roselia did remember that day as she looked at both Imogen and Sable. " Roselia. ( I heard another voice...where...) " Roselia had heard Juli too, she looked at Juli as she shivered slightly again. But this time more out of shyness. " Roselia ! ( Please tell me...is this safe...im not with anybody scary anymore right...) " Roselia spoke, she seemed to be referring to a bad experience she had with someone, probably a trainer.

" Their your friends Roselia...I don't know why you we're out there or even what happened to make you like this. But please understand this, I won't harm you or make you do anything you don't want to do...I caught you to heal you up. If I hadn't you probably run..." she said comforting Roselia, Imogen went to reach for her Great Ball as Roselia's eyes we're focused on Imogen, then back to Juli and Sable. Roselia hadn't noticed Maria at all.

Juli chuckled at the bickering between the two, though she felt concerned about the Roselia, it didn't seem like she was doing well for some reason or another. María thought Imogen's pouty face couldn't be more cute... but, focus! She had to focus on helping Roselia. Imogen whispered to her, and María simply nodded.

"Vulpix. (You're with the best people there is, don't you worry)" Juli said, trying to soothe the Roselia. María, as she tried to put on Roselia the headphones as Imogen distracted her, noticed that this Roselia was pretty peculiar, she beared no resemblance to the Roselia she'd seen. There were variations among all of them, but she had never really seen one with her three pointy spikes slicked back, for example. She wanted to soothe the Roselia, to tell her Imogen was a really good person and that she wouldn't do anything, but she decided to stay shut if she wanted to help with the headphones. Finally, she managed to put the headphones on her head, slowly, carefully. She didn't connect them to her MP3 Player that was still in her backpack, though, she just wanted for Roselia to hear less and calm down, if that was her problem. Maybe it wasn't... in which case, well, she'd cross that bridge when it came to it. "There," María whispered to Imogen.

When Maria put the headphones on her, Roselia was frightened by the touch, " Roselia ! ( N-no Please...no more fighting scary Pokemon !! ) " Roselia yelped in fear but when she looked around, she felt something on her head, she softly touched both sides of the headphones with her rose hands, everything felt muffled, she looked around at everyone. Imogen smiled at Maria, " Oooo it looks to be working so far ! " she said happily as she watched Roselia clamber slowly towards out of the table. Imogen went to grab her Great Ball back, she was about to put Roselia back in it. But thought of another idea, " Hmm...I better not...besides what if Maria's headphones get trapped in the Pokeball, that be very inconvenient and well rude in a sense." Imogen slowly got up as she picked up Roselia carefully.

Roselia shivered a bit, though not enough to want to escape out Imogen's grip. She lightly put her on her chair as Swablu smiled a bit, as she flew back up on top of Imogen's head, when Sable did that Imogen's head shaked a bit. " My head isn't your perch Sable. " she said shifting her eyes up then back at Roselia. " You ok now..." Roselia looked up at Imogen then at Maria as her eyes whimpered a bit, unfamiliar with her but then she saw Juli. As Roselia felt a little calmer. " Don't you worry this girl is book text definition of a sweetheart Rosey " Imogen smiled at Maria then snapped her fingers but then Sable pecked her head. " Swablu... ( Don't name her that birdbrain...) " Sable could understand some of what Imogen said, especially with her silly nicknames. " Oh you're no fun...hmm well I guess since your here to party with us. Why not " Imogen took to her seat, " Thank you Maria...that was amazing. How did you know though..? " She asked curiously.

María looked at the Roselia, who seemed to be getting accustomed easily to the headphones. She sighed contentedly, it was a relief. She looked up at Imogen and smiled back at her. "Mhm, it does," she said, and she was really happy that Imogen was this excited, hopefully she would be able to communicate better with Roselia now.

María thought Imogen picking Roselia up and shifting her to the seat was pretty endearing, she did it with lots of care; and of course, Sable just flew back to Imogen's head. Juli smiled at the Roselia, "Vulpix. (See, all's well now.)"

María thought that, yes, Imogen's head seemed to be a perch for Sable at this point, and seeing Sable and Imogen just happily bicker in a mocking tone was pretty funny. She waved lightly at the Roselia, hoping to comfort her too. "I didn't, it was just a random thought... hopefully we can better understand... Rosey? now."

Imogen smiled as she heard Maria call her Rosey too, It looked to be catching on, " Well I hope so too. Hmm, hey Roselia do you like Rosey ? " she said as she wondered if Roselia could understand her but she looked at Maria with a wave. She had a light smile on her face as she lightly waved her rose hands. She started to slowly stand up and peek up at the table seeing the food. " Im still upset at you Sable and besides no time for a nap. Well maybe a quick one, we got important business. " she exclaimed to Sable but she was clearly napping again, probably tired from earlier or maybe the food made her tired. There was a light snore from her as Imogen didn't bother but she wished Sable wasn't on her head of all things.

" Roselia... (Thank you though um...you're a Vulpix correct ? ) " Roselia spoke now more calmer her tone was more elegant, her eyelids we're lowered showing her eyelashes more promintely. " Rose-Rose ( Sorry about my unruly behavior...I used to be made to fight, Im aware Pokemon fight like barbarians...but being forced sun in and sun down...was grave inducing...) she turned her attention towards Juli. Imogen smiled as she looked to be talking with Juli now, " Well again thanks Maria, I owe ya and so does my legs and arms too. " she remarked though a odd one, it was mostly Imogen didn't feel like running after Roselia. Something similar happened when she let Roselia out at her shop. It took her hours to clean that entire store from top to bottom.

Imogen went back to eating as she held one piece of gyoza with chopstick, " Psst Maria tell me though, where we're you going originally before you met me ? Was it Mauville City ? Or to see a Treehouse I heard they got some secret bases in them. And it's so so cool too. " she said in exciting tone, moving the gyoza to her mouth as she ate it.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

(F), Lvl. 15
-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Items: Brown Backpack (inside: notepad, 'Ancient History of Pokemon Vol. 5')

When the Roselia looked at her, María smiled and felt proud of herself. It was pretty cool to help others! Sable seemed tired, napping atop Imogen's head, well, hopefully that'd make her well-rested for tonight.

"Vul, Vulpix (Yes, I'm a Vulpix and my name is Julieta, but just call me Juli; up there is Sable but... well, she's asleep)," Juli rolled her eyes at the Swablu that slept comfortably on what she probably thought to be her nest. "Vulpix, Vulpix (We and Mari tend not to fight, so you don't have to worry, you're safe here, okay?") she said and jumped down from María shoulder to go greet the Roselia with her paw. Meanwhile, as she saw Juli was getting acquainted with the Roselia, María stood up and got back to the chair, intent on eating some more gyoza.

"Anytime, Imogen," she nodded and then ate a gyoza and took a sip of her lemonade. "Where I was going...? Ah, Lavaridge! I heard on the road that they were famous for their hot springs and their Gym Leader, she has a passion of fire, or along those lines," she took out her notepad and wrote 'tree secret bases' just below what she had written before, like Director Flora's number or nicknames for Imogen, "I didn't know trees had secret bases, though," at that point, the waitress came and asked for food, María asked for something that was called 'Gameni' [x] and apparently had lotus root, bamboo shoot, taro, among other things, so María's interested was piqued as she had never eaten something like this before. "What about you?" said the waitress as she wrote María's order and looked at Imogen, María looked at Imogen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back