• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Pokeking’s Casting Call

Pokeking

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've developed varying story ideas over the years. Below is a sample of ideas that I would like to roleplay.

Orientation: Gay
RP Experience: 20 years
Preferred genres: medieval fantasy, urban fantasy, science fiction, superhero

I am looking for coauthors who are 18+. Main characters portrayed are at least 18 years of age.

Character sheet: First, I like to keep character sheets simple. I look for name, age, gender, orientation and physical description. Everything else is optional including face claims.
Post platform: I prefer roleplaying in the forum. PM is for discussing the storyline and brainstorming which I enjoy doing with coauthors.
Point of view: Third person Past Tense
Post length: I have been known to write long posts and short posts, but more on the long side. I believe that post length should as long as it needs to be. That being said, I ask for at least a paragraph. Two is better.
Post frequency: I can post at least twice a week, more if you post more frequently and I am able to build upon it.
Grammar/Spelling: I am not asking for A+ writing, but I want to be able to understand. If you are concerned, I am open to sharing writing samples.
Ghosting: If you need to exit the storyline, just let me know. To be honest, I get concerned if a week passes with no post or notice regarding a delay.

Now on to the storylines. These are mostly slice of life stories, but MxM romance is appreciated. Some need more plotting than others because these are starting points. If interested, please send me a PM. I am also open to creating plots besides these below.

This is an isekai storyline in a medieval fantasy setting. You are a human from our world who was on a high school field trip being guided through caves, but you got separated from the group. When you exit, you find the landscape has totally changed. You are now in a land known as Asterius, a Republic, populated by minotaurs.

You soon encounter a group of them on patrol and are met with mistrust because they have been taught that humans are aggressors, invaders. Humans have not been seen in their lands for over a hundred years though, so they take you into custody. My character is an 18-year-old minotaur who is cautiously friendly and curious towards your character. My character and yours become friends over time, maybe more if MxM, as my character helps yours adapt. However, your character adapts at a shockingly unnatural pace as you inexplicably start to transform into a minotaur yourself until there is no physical difference between your character and those that live here.

Option: You were rendered unconscious in the transfer, and you wake up in a minotaur’s body yet still wearing the same clothes.

You are a high school Senior or college student and were on spring break when the Vocelka comet passed by Earth. When the comet was first spotted some years back, people did not give it much thought. It was just a comet and one that would pass by at a safe distance. As it passed by Earth, it caused a monumental shift in what it means to be human.

Around the world, humans started to transform into anthropomorphic versions of species belonging to the genus Panthera. Still biologically human but they now appeared to be lions, tigers, jaguars, leopards, and snow leopards. No human was spared from the change.

You now return to school after 10 days, an extended break, as life struggles to return to a sense of normalcy. I am your classmate who has become a jaguar.

Many see this new era as an opportunity to reflect on their lives and improve themselves. If a MxM pairing, they keep their feelings from each other but wish to become more than friends.

Option: Your character is my character’s friend and teammate on the swim team.

I would like to consider this slice of life to be more of a comedy. Humans share this world with a race of feline shapeshifters called Ailurans. In their natural state, they are part human and part feline. They can appear as all human or in a form indistinguishable from the domestic cat at will. However, they can only be in human form for 16 hours while they can be in full cat form for as long as they want. No matter what form, one can tell the Ailuran from the true by looking at their eyes.

Ailurans are rare and males are even rarer. My character is one of them and he heading to college. You are his human roommate. You have heard of Ailurans but have never interacted with one on a daily basis.

A setting like “A Spring Break from Reality”, but humans have always been anthropomorphic cats of species belonging to the Panthera genus.

Both our characters are in high school. My character is the same jaguar who is on the swim team from the aforementioned storyline.

Please note, romance is not an option between the two main characters in this storyline. You are a middle-aged professional occult detective who is also the proprietor of an occult bookstore called “Hecate Today” along with your spouse. You are often alone in your investigations and long for an apprentice.

Your newest case leads you to a local high school whose library has been broken into. An old book has been stolen and you suspect that there were supernatural motives behind the theft because of the book’s purported arcane nature. You enter at night to investigate without interruption. You think you are alone in the building, but you run into another investigator who is a young man.

My character is the other investigator. You have seen this young man before in the local newspaper because he is this school’s quarterback, but he’s more than that. He is a user of magic also, just one with an experience level and skill set matching his youth. Young, but with great potential. My character’s abilities are unknown to all, but close family and friends do know of his mundane interest in mysticism.

This young man has a werewolf for a boyfriend who is a main character in the storylines below.

Option: You are a distant family relative who is estranged from my character’s family. You are aware that he is a relative of your character’s, but not that he a magic user.

These are various werewolf-centric storylines all revolving around their existence being revealed to unexpecting humanity.

I do have additional lore info, but I will be upfront about the biological nature of werewolves. They are a side species regular human. The condition of lycanthropy is entirely hereditary. It is never transmissible through bite or scratch. Weakness to silver, forced full moon transformations, painful shifts, and loss of awareness when in wolf form are elements of fiction. Werewolves can appear human or as large wolves the size of their human selves or in any style in between because they can shift any part of themselves. Also, expect anachronisms. The time period is late 1990s, for character background reasons, but with the technology of today

My character is a distinguished high school football player who is a Senior. He is a werewolf and until this fateful day, he did not know others of his kind existed because his birth parents are both human. The werewolf gene can skip a generation or two. In his case, several.

Your character is in the same age as him and is of a different clique. Your character can be of any orientation, but this will affect the orientation of one of my secondary characters. I would prefer your character to be human because of lore reasons. However, your character could be a werewolf who was also raised by humans.

The story begins on a seemingly normal October day. Then during lunch, one of the most important events in human history happened. Humanity learned that werewolves were real and had existed among themselves for centuries upon centuries.

This storyline’s setting takes place while our characters are attending the same high school as Seniors.

The revelation took still takes place in October. However, the setting takes place in a small university in a small town. This story starts in August at the beginning of the semester when students are moving into the dorms. In this variant, your character is my character’s new roommate.

In this timeline, the existence of werewolves is still unknown to humanity. The setting also takes place at the same university at the beginning of the semester as in "Roommate of the New Age".

Your character is his roommate who soon learns my character’s true nature, but decides to keep it a secret. The revelation about the werewolves’ existence still occurs in October, but happens a year later than in the two previous scenarios.

Thank you for your consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back