• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Interest Call for Serious Themes

tallis

Hi all~ Here to do a little interest thread.

First, a bit about me:
You can call me El. I'm over 30, I've been rping for over a decade, and I prefer darker and more complex themes.

Overview:
  • I prefer not to get too personal with my rp partners (OOC about the plot and how the thread is going are absolutely welcome, but I won't be sharing personal details about my life- thank you in advance for understanding.)
  • I write in the past tense, third person.
  • A heads-up about dropping a thread is great but I do understand this can be anxiety-inducing. If there's been no reply for a month, I'll assume the thread dropped, no hard feelings
  • If I haven't replied in a week, you can give me a ping, and I'll either be sure to reply or update you on my status.
  • MxM is my preferred pairing but I will also do FxF.
  • I don't do fancy text formatting. Feel free to do your own but I get overwhelmed if I try and make the font perfect.
Limits:
  • 21+ over only.
  • No Mary Sues.
  • No god-modding.
  • Unless another idea really piques my curiosity, I don't do doubling.
  • No one-liners. My length can vary depending on the point in the story, but I need something to work with.
  • I only do threads on DM, not forum threads.
Ideas: (My preferred character is in bold)
  • Doomed Voyage
    Character A and Character B have been rivals since the moment they entered the academy. Character A thinks B is stuck up, was handed everything in life, and only got to where they are now through their name, not their talents. Character B thinks A is too prideful, doesn't care enough about tradition, and thinks themself smarter than everyone else. Now they've graduated, they end up on the same space voyage together- their first real assignment. They think it's their worst nightmare...little do they know the ship has been sabotaged and the real nightmare is to come.
  • To Keep the Peace
    Character A, a prince/princess in a small, poor kingdom, is required to wed Character B, reigning warlord/ruler of the neighboring, and much more powerful kingdom, as a tactic to try and end decades of war. A is headstrong, prideful, and resents the situation. B is used to getting their own way, people being in awe of them, and considers themself to be merciful in this situation. Will they learn to come to an understanding...or tear each other apart?
  • Such a Change
    Character A
    is a brilliant hacker who met Character B, a crime lord/villain, when they were fresh out of college. A was quickly seduced by the thrill of the illegal activity, and the wild life they led as partners. But eventually, the relationship turned sour, and A fled, disappearing without a trace. Now, ten years later, A works for an organization dedicated to bringing down people like B. On what should be a routine mission, A and B's paths cross again...and B is not letting A get away a second time.
  • Only Exception
    Character A is brought to compete in a tournament, where the stakes are deadly. Character B is a wealthy member of the elite, charged with A's training. Normally B sets their champion up to die, betting against them. But something about A is different. Now they're determined to help A win, as a supposed act of charity and kindness. Meanwhile, their obsession grows. The further things progress though, the worse B's actions get...and there's only so long they can keep things a secret from A.
Send a DM if you're interested in any of the above ideas! Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back