• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Plumbers: A multiverse fixer RP

She takes the time to extend her hand, slowly, and politely, to Cama. An interesting and simple name, but it fits him. She does notice how tensed up he is, wondering if her appearance is horrifying or not to him.

"It's okay, I'm just here to introduce myself. I'm Elisa." She reassures him, putting more of a genuine take on her smile this time without baring her teeth.

The handshake isn't returned. Instead, he folds his arms and scowls as a clear indicator that he's not afraid: he's upset.

She pulls back her hand. That's fine, she's encountered worse walls before! She turns to Ted, after finding out he's more receptive than the big one is.

"So, what reality are you from, Ted?" She asks. If her world is one of infinite possibilities, what realities are all her colleagues from?

It was all so sudden how he went from a strange room to what looked so close to home. So much information that could not be processed in such a short period of time for the little creature as he was left dumbfounded in his room. After some time of what was just pure wonderment, Slerk got up onto his feet and walked around his room. It was certainly homely, the swamp and all... but something felt off to him. He couldn't comprehend what it was, but as he scuttled into the small hut that was materialized into the room he curled up into a small ball and closed his eyes. He felt alone.

"Ah..." Ted responded with an audible groan, not having anticipated to have been asked such a question, "...would it disappoint you for me to say that I wasn't all too familiar with my own reality?" he asked before just sort of continuing.

"I stayed in one place, and communicated with roughly the same AI for ages. I believe the term I found for such a position was 'closed-off' or 'sheltered'? I had learned much more during my stay here about my reality than I had back when I was in it."

Elisa thinks on it, an AI... Her country had only a bit of experience dealing with artificial intelligence. They were on the cusp of discovering how to make the AI sentient, truly self aware. The reality he was from was possibly far more advanced than her own.

"I...see." She puts a finger to her chin, before glancing at Cama. She can only assume the place he came from was horrifying, and she didn't need to ask with his attitude towards her. "Well, that is a shame. You look very...interesting for an AI." She worded it as politely as she could to Ted. His outfit was rather out there, in her opinion.

With all the commotion going on in the hallway outside Shazraya decides to investigate. She spots three of her colleagues chatting about.

The bounty hunter approached them with a blank expression and once she stood beside them she made a curt nod.

"What's up?" She asks while studying the others.

Ted wasn't entirely sure what Elisa meant by him looking interesting. If that meant he looked awful, he would have to talk to Moira. However, he wouldn't concentrate on it for long, as suddenly, a fourth individual joined, a blue-looking woman.

"J-just introducing ourselves," Ted responded, not anticipating yet another person coming up to them, "I'm Teddy, Ted Coach," he extended his hand as he had done for everyone else.

She shook Ted's hand firmly. "Shazraya, you can call me Shaz." With a raised eyebrow she nodded towards the man. "What do you do for a living?"

"I was a product where I came from, one of many identical. I just did what was told of me. I was called a 'micro-machine' earlier due to my communicating with other products with similar AI, whether it be those identical to me or not," Ted told Shaz.

"And these are Cama and Princess Elisa De Vermillia Auron," he said, as he motioned to both of them.

Shazraya nodded. "So an android then? Cool." As Ted introduced the others Shaz nodded. "Pleasure to meet you."

Elaine stood up straight after Slerk went inside his hut. She thought about bringing him food later after seeing what they actually eat. She left the room though the door and saw that there's some activity in the hallway. She gave everyone friendly wave before going back inside her clinic. Inside, she started looking though their files and started making notes on anything that needed to be kept under check. Thank god that what she knew about studying xenobiology was still applicable here.
---
Baron Prax, I have retrieved my weapon and I stand ready for your trials. I want to know what you demand of my skills.
"You got to admire the work-rate on him." Checkers turned to Prax, while leaning on the table "You tell him to relax and he's ready to go ten minutes later."

"I've already put is forward for a mission to get you and the rest started." Prax chose to speak directly to Teksis "We just have to wait a short time for the Keepers to give us the go ahead. Shouldn't be long." As soon as he said that, he noticed that there was a call waiting for him on the comms. "You know what? If you're gonna shoot for your own team, lets get some of this out of the way first. Take notes." He pressed a button on the device hanging on his wrist. It was already hooked up to the holographic display on the table in the center of the room. He stood up, but had a relaxed stance. The display began to form and take shape of a man. His armor beneath the trenchcoat was different from Prax's. This always helped others stand out from each other, but the trade-off was the lack of uniformity. Still, commanders had their ways of finding out who was from which team. This one had picked a white skull as his. Real friendly. "Commander Barret. Good to see you."

"Commander Prax. Why is it every time I want to get away from you, somehow we end up on another mission?" He sounded annoyed, nothing new there.

"I take it we got approved." Checker interjected.

"More than that." Barret's hologram moved its head towards her for a second before turning back to Prax "Keepers decided to move you up. My team is now going to be on support duty for you. Your team is going to be the ones going for the main objective. Hope they're ready and wont fuck up. I'd hate to pull your asses out of the fire."

"They'll be ready." He sounded confident. Maybe too much for Checker's liking "You focus on your job taking those secondary objectives this time and you wont have to worry."

"See you at the briefing, then." The call ended. Prax looked to Teksis "One thing you have to remember is to stay flexible when working with other commanders. Some are decent. Some you have to play macho with and exchange jabs because they can't get it through their thick skulls that this is a team effort."

Teksis was delighted of the prospect of becoming what he considered a team leader. "Have faith in my leadership skill, Baron Prax. Should I earn the chance of ascending to Baron, I will be as flexible as you need me to be."

He then paused briefly and thought about the word he had heard, "Ahh, this word... commander. Perhaps it would good to compare it to baron?"

"So far we've had little trouble understanding each other, outside of any initial confusion due to us humans having a title which meant different thing."

"When I heard you call him that the first time, I thought he had a claim to a castle somewhere." Checkers added "But more information on your military hierarchy will clear up if commander is the right equivalent."

Elisa looked at the blue alien woman. The many forms of alien life here were amazing to her, if only she could share this information with her extraterrestrial research branch. That life wouldn't be found on other worlds, but in other realities. The woman standing before her looked rather hardened, maybe a kind of hunter or special forces soldier.

She cleared her throat, and repeats her greeting to Shazraya. "Hello! As you heard, I am Princess Elisa. My pleasure to be acquainted with you!" She truly questions if her public relations speak was really effective outside of her homeworld. "I'm heading to the mess hall to grab something strong to drink, if anyone would like to join me? I think it appropriate to drink something before a mission." She cheerily asks the trio.

"I'm heading to the mess hall to grab something strong to drink, if anyone would like to join me? I think it appropriate to drink something before a mission."
'Mess hall'

The words being uttered from Elisa makes Cama hold his chest. Damn, he actually feels a little hungry himself. The ration kits he usually ate, made of recycled proteins from insects and nutrients from dirt, never really did fill him. Hopefully the cafeteria here would have something better, something actually nourishing. He strides over there having nothing much to say to Ted, the princess, and this newcomer who looks like she fits in with the rest. Clenching his fist, he bangs the wall of the cafeteria gently to indicate whomever may be inside of his presence.

Shazraya nods in acknowledgement. "A drink sounds fine." When Cama left for the cafeteria on his own Shazraya chuckled. "Looks like someone's hungry."

An few hours later
"Stephen here." The intercoms on the floor activated. No matter where they were, everyone could hear it. "Hope you guys have had some time to relax, because it's time to get to work. Meet up in the mission room."

Prax, Checkers and Teksis were already there, going over details of the mission and the usual processes that happen around their job. It didn't take long for the room to fill with each team member having a seat ready for them on the table. Elaine stood in Slerk's seat, with the young slithereen sitting in her lap. Finally Stephen arrived and the briefing could begin.

MISSION 1: AVALANCHE
"Now that you've had a brief chance to rest up, it's time we see what exactly you can do. Prax and Checkers had already picked out a mission for you and it's" He looked towards his commander then back at the rest "You're going to be jumping into the deep end of the pool." He pressed a few buttons for the holographic projector and images began to appear."Earth by the year 1951. Most realities have progressed in a similar fashion. Humanity has gone through two world wars by this point. The second one ends with the dropping of an atomic bomb 1945. The county varies, but the devastating effect is always the same. It forces the war to end. But here, things play out differently."

"One of the sides in the war, Nazi Germany was losing heavily in 1944 and in desperation it turned to its many secret projects for an ace in the hole. Most of them are a waste of time, but one stands out. Project Über. Not many survive the process, but those who do, become super soldiers capable of super-human capabilities. The war begins to turn as these super humans are deployed. Within five years, Europe and Asian territories are recaptured and the two continents are firmly in their grasp. The Nazi allies face the same fate as their enemies and soon fall in line. In 1951 the Nazi leadership is usurped by their Über creations and a new wave of conquest begins as they assault the Americas."

"This is where you come in. According to the timeline of events, a team of American alliance commandos infiltrate a base in the territory formerly known as Norway. Their mission was to steal a new formula for Über soldiers that would allow the allies to make their own and not only to stop the invasion, but to turn the tide of the war and bring an end to the Nazi regime. That didn't happen. What happened instead was an agent of the Outsiders sabotaging the mission and the disruption in time broke the reality." A slight smile formed on Stephen's face "His luck ran out however. He got trapped in the mess he made so now his mission can't be complete and we can move to neutralize and reverse the damage."

"Our objectives are very straight forward." Prax took over from Stephen "We find the bastard and neutralize him by any means necessary and make sure those commandos do their job. A secondary team of Plumbers has been assigned for support so they will be running inference with the nearby garrison and it's occupants for us."

"Quite. Before we leave however, there is one last thing that needs to be done. We told you that you were Constants and that you hold potential to change things. Well now it's time to put that to the test. Each of us has a counterpart in every universe and sometimes, that counterpart can be useful. In short, you can take control of your counterpart if you think that would be useful for the mission. You will still be able to communicate with us and we can still extract you, but you can't take any equipment with you. Prax, Checkers, can you provide help with this?" The two nodded and each pressed a button in front of them. It took a few seconds, but the holographic projector displayed the results in front of the.
Counterpart rolls :
Prax:
Potential: 2 Position: 9
Checkers:

Potential:10 Position: 4
"Well, mine is close by." Prax began. "But he's just a guy chopping wood somewhere in the nearby forest. Doubt it will do us good unless I can get in the furnace somehow and do damage from there."

"Mine's no better. She's all the way in Dusseldorf...and she's in charge of concentration camps. Lovely woman. Probably has baby skin boots and gloves to really bring out the inhumanity in her eyes."

"As you can see, our counterparts aren't going to be useful for this job, so we're going to go in the regular way." Prax looked around the table before continuing with a more upbeat tone "Who wants to see if they can get a better shot at this?"

With lunch being cut short due to the briefing Shazraya pouted slightly as the Stephen, Prax and Checkers went over the details.

Mission sounded easy enough. Not that she recognized any of the names or terms but whatever, just shoot the bad guys right?

Like Cama, Shaz raised her hand. "Never hurts to take a look though I'm not overly optimistic."

Counterpart roll:
Cama:
Potential: 7 Position:6

Shazraya:
Potential: 9 Position:7
The holographic projector got into work once Cama and Shazraya both opted to see who their counterparts were. After a few short seconds it displayed two figures.

"Well well" Prax remarked "Cama has one on the inside. One of the Übers in the barracks down at the base. Big, strong and can deal a lot of damage to any unsuspecting individuals." He looked to Cama directly "You'll be cut off from the rest of us for a while until the other team start their diversion, but you can probably have some fun with that. What do you think?"

"Shaz, your counterpart is in a nearby village." Checkers spoke to the other volunteer "Even better, she's a leader of a local resistance movement. What do you think? Up for bringing the people's wrath down on their oppressors?"

"Anyone else?" Stephen asked the rest of the team.

So it seems he’ll be playing the part of one of these fantastic super soldiers. No worries, he’s been preparing for this role all his life. Though being on his own is a little worrying to him. It’s not that he’s never done a solo mission before behind enemy lines, but that he’ll be cut off from everyone else in case the mission goes tits up. Still, if the report on how durable these ‘übers’ are is accurate, he might just be able to hold out at least until support arrives.

Accepting this role, he makes a fist and taps the center of his chest twice.

Elisa kept quiet as she was seated in her chair. She was definitely not comfortable with the concept of taking control of another sentient being, especially herself in some other alternate reality. She's also never engaged in combat with another person before, but now she's going to be fighting possibly well armed and very overzealous troops, if the briefing is to be any indication.

"What happens if that realities allies see us? Will there be some...uhm..." She waves her hand, trying to place the words, "...time confusion?" Elisa recalls a movie to the group where some time travelers end up wreaking havoc upon timelines should people in the past see them.

She's also unsure what her role is, if she's going to be fighting alongside everyone, having only had minimal defense training. Maybe a few lessons with a pistol and fencing classes, but nothing of the sort with assault rifles and cannons.

"I'll take that as a yes." Prax responded to Cama's motions. Before Stephen answered Elisa

"Oh no. The way it works is that different realities develop later than others. For example, your reality was 2089, at same time you have one that is 2001 or 1915 and so on simply because those realities started later. So you don't need to worry about creating a time paradox or other messes like that because the up to date year of where you're going is 1951." He tried to give a straight of an answer as possible for this. Her worries were natural for the task at hand. "Once you've completed your task the reality will 'reset' itself in way that will allow you it to resume as if nothing went wrong."

Ted just sort of sat there awkwardly, watching as others checked their Constant counterpart. Even if he did raise his hand and offer himself up on the Constant front, would he really be of use in that space? Just hearing about the time frame made him continue to question what it is he truly knew, like what a Nazi is, a Norway, an atomic bomb, an Earth... But, at the same time, if they relied on modifying organic beings here, they couldn't be advanced enough to have AI like himself, so perhaps it made more sense to see what counterpart he had rather than go as himself...

In the end, Ted raised his hand: "I-If I may..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back