• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Plumbers: A multiverse fixer RP

Ted nodded, as the three of them moved at a slightly faster paced and arrived at the waiting area. He looked over the people that were there... of course, he didn't recognize any of them. Why would he?! He sighed, as he heard the suggestion of introductions. Not commenting at all, he just followed Stephen and watched him greet the two named Sanford and Molly.

He watched as Stephen didn't even get a chance to introduce himself before Sanford began demanding answers. He similarly crossed his arms and looked at Stephen.

"Alright Cama. Y'err pissed off and well within your right, like I said. But I think y'err smart enough not to do anything stupid and ruin your chances further." Santoro took out a device from his pocket. "What I have here is the key to let you out." He dangled it in front of him before pulling it away "Now you got two options with that. Option A, is you picking up right where you left off and then get mauled by these here." He pointed to his dogs "Or you can do the smart thing and take option B and have a drink to calm your nerves and we talk." Holding up the device he began to count down "3..2..1.." *CLICK*
---

"Jesus Christ!" Elaine exclaimed as the Slerk flew into a fury. She barely held on to him. "Calm down!" She held on to the little creature for a few seconds more before she got a better idea. "You two talk it out. I'm on this." She reached for her pocket and took out a syringe. Managing to hold him tight for long enough, she poked the it with a mild sedative. Hopefully it would calm it down. "Is this why he was assigned to us?" She wondered out loud

"Never mind the kid." Prax tried to get Teksis' attention as Elaine handled it in her own way "I'll make sure for our requisitions officer, Santoro, to have them ready for your use as soon as possible. Usually weapons are taken away to make sure someone doesn't try anything they might regret."
---
"Mr. Sanford, I know your name and a little bit about you, because it's my job to do so." Stephen began to explain, while maintaining a friendly tone. The mercenary had a right to know this after all. "I'm not some corporate or government goon if that's what you're worried about. The people I work for are the keepers. And it's in their interest that they help you, help them so you can return to your home as soon as possible. I'm sure I just raised more questions than answers, but I'm willing to answer those as well and provide you with whatever material you need to help. "

"He's trying." Moira leaned a bit to Ted "The girl next to him is also an android by the way. So you'll have someone to talk to."
---
"I'm not sure about your people, but he can definitely explain what happened to you." Checkers tried to reassure and prepare her for what comes next."Just prepare yourself for a bit. The initial shock will wear off, but there is still a lot more to take in." She looked around for a second and saw that the big guy had already arrived "Oh, he's here right now, I can have you both meet if you want."

As soon as the sedative was put into effect, Slerk got drowsy and piped down. He wriggled a bit more for a few moments before falling fast asleep. Luckily for Elaine, he was a sound sleeper as he began to cuddle with her. And just as quickly he drifted off to a dream of a happy world filled with chocolate.

As soon as Stephen explained the whole shebang, Sanford nodded. The Keepers he spoke about? Is that another secret organization he had to worry about other than the people back home? Time will have to tell, but so far Stephen looked like he meant well despite the corpo suit telling him otherwise. The mercenary nevertheless decided to play along for a while. "Alright, big guy. I'll take your word for it. Now, where are we? Because I'm staring at a lot of people who look different. Is that normal around here?"

Molly interjected after Sanford, raising an index finger, "I have to agree with Mr. Sanford. The last thing I remember is that I was located in the Metro, an underground facility. I've never witnessed lifeforms like these before. No offense." She pointed out, scanning the area. "Do you have a name by the way?" Molly asked towards the Orc.

"Hmmm..." Teksis grumbled, apparently somewhat satisfied by the answer. "With haste, I trust."
He then turned to look at Slerk, who had calmed down thanks to Elaine, and then back to Prax.
"You are the Baron here. Put me to a task. I grow restless easily." he concluded.

"I'm not sure about your people, but he can definitely explain what happened to you." Checkers tried to reassure and prepare her for what comes next."Just prepare yourself for a bit. The initial shock will wear off, but there is still a lot more to take in." She looked around for a second and saw that the big guy had already arrived "Oh, he's here right now, I can have you both meet if you want."

Elisa shifts her eyes downward. This whole ordeal was certainly shocking to her. Being torn from her home 'reality' and suddenly being conscripted into some kind of police force was all too much for her.

"I would like that." She answers Checkers, trying to be as confident as she can. It's all she can do besides smile and take her situation as it develops. She wonders just how much more she'll discover in her unwilling time here.

Cama slides up against the walls as he rather sluggishly rises to his feet. The sedatives were still working strong, so he had to back up on one of them to maintain his balance. His four eyes stare at Santoro before he looks up at the ceiling, closing them as he does. His shoulders drop and his chest expands as he takes in a massive breath of air. A little vent on the side of his mask blows out a storm of old dust as he exhales. He eyes Santoro again pensively before he reluctantly takes the glass and tries drinking it... or at least would if his mouth would allow it. Though he tries hiding it as he slightly lifts his mask up, something’s very wrong with the part of his face Santoro could see.

Parts of his lips look melted together, probably due to some sort of trauma or mutation.

Last edited:
The mission was supposed to be easy. Go under the radar. Stealth insertion. Observe, report and then capture the bad guy. Profit. Easy. Instead the bad guy had used some kind of otherworldly bullshittery to jump into some kind of portal and vanish into another dimension.

For Shazraya this was not only irritating but extremely frustrating. She was on a perfect streak of one hundred and seventy four completed bounties. No time-travelling bullshit would break that streak and as such it was an easy decision to sign on with these so-called Plumbers when they asked her if she wanted to get back on her mark.

The answer had been yes.

Now she found herself at the waiting hall. With a duffel bag in hand Shazraya waited for something to happen.

Attachments

• Shazraya.png
    Shazraya.png
    868.2 KB · Views: 9
"Follow me your highness." Checkers motioned for Elisa to follow her. Walking past the groups of people talking to each other they get closer to Stephen as he's talking to two other new members of the Plumbers family. "The big green guy is Stephen." She pointed him out "He looks scary, but he's a real sweetheart." Out of the corner of her eye, Checkers spots someone else. "Sorry Elisa, I'll be right back." She said while going to the other recruit from the files "Are you Shazraya?"
---

"Yes, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself proper. Call me Stephen and no offense taken." He answered Molly before talking with her and Sanford again "This is the Citadel. We are located in the space between time and space." He paused for a moment, he never really got used to saying that. "You see a lot of different people because they are all from different realities. We all are. Some come alone, some come in groups. We're here because our realities are broken and we are the only ones that can fix them. Each reality is different somehow and that's why so many of the people around you are so different."
---

"Right, I can see why you don't talk too much before." Santoro downed his own glass. "But you clearly understand me." He got up from his chair, one of his pets raising it's head to look at him "What happened to you. To your world. That aint right. But if you keep getting angry and lashing out at us, you're not gonna be putting the pieces of your life back together anytime soon. I'm not gonna ask you to trust us" He extended a hand towards Cama "But I'm gonna ask you to let us try to earn that trust"

---
"Can't stand with idle hands, huh?" Prax wondered what to do with this recruit. There were here to perform tasks for whatever is needed in the realities they go to fix. But the citadel is usually meant to serve as a place to relax and reorganize yourself between missions. Still maybe there was something he could do to keep himself busy "Besides being a warrior, what else are you good at? Engineering, science, gardening even."

"Follow me your highness." Checkers motioned for Elisa to follow her. Walking past the groups of people talking to each other they get closer to Stephen as he's talking to two other new members of the Plumbers family. "The big green guy is Stephen." She pointed him out "He looks scary, but he's a real sweetheart."

Elisa followed close behind, looking at the people she passes. Strange species of all types... She definitely wasn't back home anymore, that's for sure. Eventually, she spots the man named "Stephen" as Checkers pointed him out. Her mouth agape with both horror and surprise, she stared at Stephen in shock. Elisa was sure the man could tear her into pieces with a look, with how massive and imposing he was.

She composes herself, watching Checkers go to greet another guest. It's up to Elisa to bridge the gap, as she walks over to Stephen. He seems to be greeting some others at the same time, so in honor of politeness, she waits nearby, idly rubbing her arm. She had just noticed the fur on her body was standing on end. She shouldn't be that scared, the green man was wearing a suit! Elisa takes a deep breath, and contemplates how best to approach the man once her turn comes around to speak. He definitely sounds a bit scary, but...he seems friendly, like how Checkers said.

A few seconds pass as Cama eyes Santoro a little suspiciously, skeptical of this deal. Still not saying a word, he holds a few fingers to his neck to check his pulse, then he pulls out from his pockets some sort of scratched cube that's definitely seen some action. It floats gracefully above his palm and starts glowing blue, giving out pulses of light every interval. For whatever reason, he turns his head away from it clearly in some sort of anguish. His breathing becomes stifled too, making his grieving even more obvious. Finally he stretches out a hand towards Santoro and gives him a rather limp handshake.

"Bah, I am a Captain. I am as good a fighter as I am a leader. But..." Teksis says as he crosses his lower arms in contemplation. "When I was just a whelp they put me to use as a black hand."
Teksis uncrosses his arms and does small gestures, "Machines and ships, I can fix them". He pauses for a brief moment to look around the waiting room, scanning anything that he deems mechanical.
"Do vek ra... Perhaps your technology is too different." Teksis concludes with a shrug and a dismissive tone.

"Space between time and space. Never heard of that before." Sanford admitted, taking a look around seeing many individuals. "Well you're not wrong Stephen. If what you're saying is true, I guess I'm not going home any time soon then." He lowered his shoulders.

"Okay Stephen, what do you want? Is there a job I gotta do for the Keepers or is there a process in-take?" He asked.

Santoro let go of Cama's hand and looked at the peculiar object. It was a curiosity, but it was also something near and dear to the man's heart. Some last remnant of his home perhaps? Whatever the case, it was time for him to meet with the rest.

"Come with me now. We have other people to meet. Maybe help you with your communication problem too." Santoro turned around, his pets getting up and following along. He could see where Stephen was. Prax was probably somewhere nearby.
---

"Not too different." Prax answered Teksis "We have periods of down time and I'd hate to waste any talent you have between missions." He looked around to see if the man he was looking for had arrived and sure enough Stephen was there along with Moira nearby. Prax pointed towards her "See the human woman there? The one with the mask, pale face and mohawk. She's always working on something and always has several projects on the side. Her name is Moira. While you're here and not on missions, you're going to be her partner." He motioned for the alien to follow him as he started walking towards the rest of the group "We'll be going out often enough, so you wont get bored of just working on whatever machine she has planned next."

Elaine followed closely, holding Slerk in her arms.
---

"Your talents will come in hand real soon Mr Sandford, but you will not be working alone." So far Sanford has been one of the more receptive candidates Stephan has dealt with in his career. Most people would have been grabbing themselves by the head by now "Simply put. The citadel can heal broken realities in time, but the sheer capacity of the process makes it slow. But sending teams inside to repair or prevent catastrophe makes things move along quicker and brings you closer to returning home." Awaiting the next set of questions, Stephen looked around to notice that there was someone new. He recognized Elisa from the files "Oh, my apologies. Welcome to the Citadel your highness."

Awaiting the next set of questions, Stephen looked around to notice that there was someone new. He recognized Elisa from the files "Oh, my apologies. Welcome to the Citadel your highness."

Elisa finds the burly man to be well spoken for his stature. She finds the words in her throat, and bows only slightly. "I assume you already know my name, from your politeness." She finds it odd that she's already known, but disregards it. This day is full of oddities, and she probably should have stayed in bed this morning.

"I want to know what my purpose in being here is, taken away from my people," She steps up, then makes sure to look at him directly, even if she was shorter than him. "I want to know what will happen to my species. My peoples history, generations of families and strife, is it all gone?" Through the seriousness of her expression, she was hiding immeasurable amounts of fear. All she wanted was some answers before she commits herself to this strange organization, with no guarantee of going home.

Cama follows Santoro, although sluggishly as he's still feeling the effects of the sedatives. Though when he lifts his head to get a better look at his surroundings, he can see a few more people around him. Some of them were wearing clothes and pieces of metal just as dark and technological as the halls themselves, but one of them looked... different. Very colorful clothing, rather fancy too. Definitely some sort of royalty. As usual, he says nothing, and stares at them.

I want to know what will happen to my species. My peoples history, generations of families and strife, is it all gone?
"No." Stephen gave a short answer before elaborating. "Your reality is in a form of stasis while it's being repaired. Everyone is still there, but they are frozen in time. Once it's fixed time will resume like nothing had happened." Hopefully it would calm her nerves. Even when with the assurance that their loved ones were safe, it was still a bit distressing to think about. Something he felt when he joined at first. " What caused the damage we have yet to pinpoint from what the latest reports say. It could be a natural process of entropy, an outside force causing causing damage for their own purposes" He noticed Santoro approaching, with Kama not too far behind "And sometime something else happens."

A few seconds later Prax and Elaine joined the group along with the two recruits they found. The roster was coming together bit by bit.

As Teksis followed Prax to the rest of the group, he eyed them closely and grunted at the sight of Elisa. Out of all the individuals gathered, the elegantly dressed woman and the baby fishman didn't impress him in the slightest. As a matter if fact, he'd prefer they not be part of his group so he didn't have to look after them.

The disheveled masked man and his more clean looking counterparts caught his eye as well. Capable warriors, he assumed. He noted that the dusty one was eyeing the royal woman intensely and studied him for a brief moment before turning to Moira.

"Baron Prax calls you Moira and tells me you're a black hand." He says, bumping his two upper hands together and nods slightly. A Krell salute, no doubt.

"I am Captain Teksis, and Baron Prax tells me you need help repairing machines."

Last edited:
Shazraya looked at Checkers with an uninterested expression. "That's me," she replied. She shifted her stance, dropped her bag and crossed her arms.

"You my new client?"

"You can call us that." Checkers nodded "Come with me so we can get you up to speed." She led the way back to where Stephen was giving an introduction to a few others.
---
Moira was startled from the giant warrior approaching and introducing himself to her. Usually they went through Stephen or Prax before anyone even thinks of talking to her. She wondered what he meant by black hand until he mentioned machines and then it just clicked. This one had engineering skills. An extra pair of hands was always welcome in her workshop.

"Good to have you with us, captain." She tried to replicate his salute, not as refined as him, but she didn't exactly have the same tools on hand. "The baron is right." Did Prax really become some baron or was this guy mixing up terminology? He did beat that knight that one time. "I'm the team's engineer and handle any vehicle upkeep. If you can work with tools, I have plenty of work." She glanced towards Stephen before saying anything else "I'll show you around once this part of the tour is done."
---
Prax nodded to Stephen. Looks like the main body of recruits was here. Anyone else they would have to look for after the last bit of introduction is given. Stepen adjusted his tie and prepared to give his part of the speech. But first up was Prax.

"Some of you, I already met" He began "others only saw me in the waiting room. But formal introductions are still in order. I'm Commander Joseph Prax. Like you, I come from a reality that was damaged and while it's being repaired I work for the Plumbers. An organization dedicated to the upkeep and repair of the multiverse. The name may not be glamorous, but it aptly descries our job. When something breaks apart, we're the only ones who can fix it. I'm going to let Stephen clarify why that's the case. Take it away big guy."

"Yes, thank you commander. As I already explained to some of you, the citadel can repair broken realities on it's own. But in order for things to go faster, a more direct approach is needed. That's where you come in. You are all special in the sense that you are what the Keepers refer to as Constants. What that means is that everything else in any reality is subject to change, but you will always exist in one form or another, which means that you have the best chances to affect a reality and fix what was broken."

"For once folks, when they say you're special, nobody is trying to bullshit you." Checkers remarked.

"Thank you for your input Checkers." Stephen was slightly annoyed. But then again they've done this how many times now? "Fixing realities by your hand helps the Citadel and Keepers in two ways. Each successful mission frees up those working on one reality to focus on others. The other way is the valuable intelligence you gather on our enemies. Unfortunately, we're not the only ones inhabiting this space and the others aren't as friendly as the keepers."

"And that's why we exist in the first place." Prax took over again "A lot of the damage that happens to realities comes from those very same enemies. Our job isn't going to be easy, but nothing worth doing ever is. The challenges you'll face while working with us will be many, but they wont break you. I took the mantle of leadership with the intent to send as many people back home before my time in this place is up and so far my record speaks for itself. I've handpicked the people that form our support staff because I know they have the same goal as me. Dr. Elaine Faust our medical doctor, James Santoro is in charge of weapon requisitions and Moira is our engineer" He motioned to each of them as he named them "If you have any questions for them, you'll know where to find them. Speaking of which, Stephen?"

"Thank you, commander." Stephen allowed a slight smile to form on his massive mouth. A bit intimidating, but not too bad. "Time for you guys to get settled on the citadel. We've been given the 46th floor of Spire 165. Follow me please." The group moved from the waiting area inside the building. Prax had already called the elevator so it was only a matter of waiting a few seconds. "Before you say anything, the good thing about living in the space between time and space is that impossible spaces can exist without much trouble." The door slid open. The normally small cabin that could maybe fit 5 people at once was not large and spacious enough to give everyone enough breathing room.

It took a minute or so for them to reach their floor. While traveling up, Checkers gave each member a communication device for them to put on their wrist. Once on the 46th floor, the team was led down a hallway. They could see different doors leading to different rooms. Some of the doors had already been assigned to the support staff and their occupations were written under their names.

"Right, everyone. Pick a room and that's where you'll be spending your free time if you want. There will be a console inside that will help you adjust everything to your preference of living." Stephen pointed towards the room that was down the hall "That is my office and living area, so if you need me, I'll be there." He then pointed to one of the two hallways adjacent to them "To your left, is where the cafeteria is located and to your right is where you will find the mission room. You can access the archives freely from either there or your personal quarters. I suggest you have a look though that either for information or for entertainment. Other than that, you are free to move about here or around the Citadel if you wish to go exploring in your free time." Stephen marks something off on his holotablet before talking to the team again "That concludes our introduction to Citadel life. When a mission becomes available, you will be alerted."

Elaine didn't wait for anyone and headed straight to her office, Slerk still in her hands. She gave Stephen a glance for him to go in as well. He had some explaining to do.

"Alright everyone. Pick out a room and try to make yourselves at home." Prax said while walking to the mission room "If anyone needs me, I'll be in there."

As the presentation was finished, Teksis, who had been standing at the back of the group due to his size, pushed forward and zeroed in on Santoro.
"Quartermaster, Baron Prax tells me you have my sabre. I demand it be returned to me immediately" he said in a gruff manner, not bothering with the formalities such as names or salutes he had given Moira.

This man had taken a Krells sabre, and that was a greatly insulting action.

As soon as Santoro turned around to head inside his own area, he was greeted by Teksis demanding his sabre. One of the machine hounds had already taken an aggressive stance and started growling. "Down!" the command was accepted and the hound switched to a passive mode. Santoro eyed up the alien. Giant bugs were common where he was from, but none of them could talk or use sabers for that matter. He motioned to his quarters by slightly tilting his head before opening the door.

What Stephen had said about impossible spaces was right. The room did not look like it could house the rows upon rows of weaponry that filled the armory. From swords and spears stood right next to firearms and plasma casters. If Teksis would look close, he would even notice what looked like a suit of armor in the back. Many of them didn't look like they even came from the same place let alone share a manufacturer.

"Just enter the name of the weapon you need and it will be in your hands soon enough, son."

As Elaine entered her office, Slerk began to slowly stir from his slumber as the sedative began to wear off. He shifted a little as he opened his eyes a little, taking in the new surroundings. He was certainly confused yet again as this was another new place to be. Still, it seemed safe since the lady was carrying him into it. He made a slight noise as he yawned and continue to cling onto her.

Ted squinted at Moira as she revealed to him that the girl next to Sanford, Molly, was an android. Another AI? Interdasting. He continued to stand by and followed the conversation Stephen was in... he was admittedly sheepish, and as a result opted to not introduce himself. He just kept his arms crossed and nodded his head as Stephen gave the whole shebang and answered questions.

He looked over as Stephen shifted his focus away from the two and towards someone he refered to as "your highness". He had no idea what a highness is, but she wanted to know things, like everyone did. As another pair approached Stephen, Ted noted that Moira was approached by something. He wasn't sure what it is, but it calls itself Teksis, and it was then that he realized Moira was actually going to be on the team too... oh goody. Soon enough, the speeches were up, for Prax, and Stephen.

As he had arrived earlier and waited slightly longer for his job to begin and room to be assigned, he was already somewhat aware of what Prax and Stephen were talking about. He ended up following the group as he received his communication device from Checkers. He ended up just walking a tad mindlessly after they were told they could pick their rooms, and just picked the quarters that were closest to the cafeteria, and entered, without having properly introduced himself to the others. He proceeded to leave his things in his room, and began attempting to adjust it using the console, before realizing he hadn't a preference yet. Shrugging, he picked out a secure shelf that was there and placed a toaster on it, looking a tad glum as he stepped from it and gave it a look down. So, he just, left his room and began wandering the hallways.

Teksis looked down on the wrist-mounted device he had been given, but after trying to figure it out he let out a resigned "Bah!".
He walked down the rows of armaments, moving his arm in front of him as if trying to sense his sword. Eventually, he found it and lifted it from one of the racks.
The sabre was quite large for human standards, but in the hands of its rightful owner it could be compared to a human broadsword. Teksis gave the edge a gentle stroke before clamping it to the side of his armor with help of a magnetic disc.

Turning around and walking back to Santoro, Teksis studied the weapons stored in the space. They all seemed strange yet still recognizable as weapons, although most too small for the Krells taste.
"All these weapons leads me to think you are a warrior." He said as he glanced back at the armor in the far back, "But what kind warrior would not wear his armor with pride?"
Teksis stopped besides Santoro and the door out of the room and studied the dogs at the mans side, "Perhaps you found new calling as a beastmaster?" he concluded, sounding slightly condescending.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back