• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Platinum Comics: a Superhero Mythos Building Hosted project

Well then don't respond. Just go. Leave. Don't say anything. I don't want to know how many paragraphs you prefer because I'm not changing the minimum to suit your needs. If you want to post that many paragraphs that's fine but don't put others down for not posting that much.

It was a jest.
Most roleplays around here who demand 4 paragraphs never even take off, because in the end quality always trumps quantity.

It was a jest.
Most roleplays around here who demand 4 paragraphs never even take off, because in the end quality always trumps quantity.
Sorry bout that. I had a sneaking suspicion that was sarcasm but I couldn't be sure. Plus paragraph count is a sore subject for me.

So how's this going?
I've been at PAX unplugged for the past two days so I haven't gotten much done. I need to write up some lore pages, work put the rules, and mess around with the CS still. Oh, and make my CS to give you an example of how to fill it out. And a whole bunch of other stuff.

I've been at PAX unplugged for the past two days so I haven't gotten much done. I need to write up some lore pages, work put the rules, and mess around with the CS still. Oh, and make my CS to give you an example of how to fill it out. And a whole bunch of other stuff.
Ah. At least you were busy enjoying yourself, right?

Will the example and empty character sheets be posted here or in a separate thread?

So the time has come.

Important to note thought that this doesn't seem like it will be as much as a jarring impact on my Internet life as I thought, so I might be able to reclaim the mantle of co-gm after this is over with.

I'm lazy as hell, so I'm just gonna reuse a character from a dead RP that is basically werewolf Spiderman.

Here is my idea so far.

Basically, he is a psychopath nick-named Funnybone. Funnybone, whose real name is Fred Barnes, used to be a star on a Children's TV show called " The Uncle Earl Show". On the show, Fred played Funnybone, a childish prankster who lived next door to Uncle Earl and often pulled pranks on Earl and his guests. Fred and his character was praised by critics who considered him a mix of Pee-Wee Herman and Stan Laurel and loved how genuine his childish behavior seemed.

What no one knew was that Fred was being serious. Growing up in a abusive household, Fred never had the chance to live what he thought was a normal and happy childhood. He viewed the Funnybone character as a way to live out the childhood he thought he should've had in the first place. Unfortunately, he was canned after the show's third season due to low ratings. This combined with the sudden death of his brother caused Fred to snap and take on a more twisted version of the Funnybone character. One whose jokes and pranks killed and who views all the crimes he commits as games for him to play.

Here is my idea so far.

Basically, he is a psychopath nick-named Funnybone. Funnybone, whose real name is Fred Barnes, used to be a star on a Children's TV show called " The Uncle Earl Show". On the show, Fred played Funnybone, a childish prankster who lived next door to Uncle Earl and often pulled pranks on Earl and his guests. Fred and his character was praised by critics who considered him a mix of Pee-Wee Herman and Stan Laurel and loved how genuine his childish behavior seemed.

What no one knew was that Fred was being serious. Growing up in a abusive household, Fred never had the chance to live what he thought was a normal and happy childhood. He viewed the Funnybone character as a way to live out the childhood he thought he should've had in the first place. Unfortunately, he was canned after the show's third season due to low ratings. This combined with the sudden death of his brother caused Fred to snap and take on a more twisted version of the Funnybone character. One whose jokes and pranks killed and who views all the crimes he commits as games for him to play.
Wow. That is dark. It's like the joker but slightly sympathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back