• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Platinum Comics: a Superhero Mythos Building Hosted project

Glad to see we arr still fighting in here but I think its dead... This could be a fun idea for everyone

sadly, this is a good idea for us. BackSet BackSet it's okay for me or other to use this idea (of course similar not exactly the same) and develop it further ?

Um this is still open actually. I'm just waiting for a response on my application. I linked the mod to the interest check and then got no response after that so I'm waiting for a verdict.

Have any setting details? That'd be appreciated, and useful for character ideas.
Setting details: not much so far as the lore will be character driven and Everyone will be getting the chance to create villains, settings, and NPCs (but any character or setting you make can be used by others because that's how comics work). Basically what I have a re two major cities one is called Centurion City and the other is called Greyhollow City. Both of these cities are in the US. This doesn't mean you can't have an adventure in Italy or France or somewhere (the geography is more or less real world with the addition of some places. And the history is different too) it just means you can't have an adventure in Centurion City, France or Greyhollow City, Holland. It has to be Centurion City, USA and Greyhollow City, USA. Now Centurion City is the brighter of the two cities. It is often known as the most heroic city in the world. There are a lot of superheroes there. The town halls got a statue of planetarian (he's the superman analog here) and there's a colleg called Centurion University. Greyhollow city on the other hand is like Gotham. It's heroes usually patrol at night and there's more crime. There's also the tendency for the place to attract magic like moths too a flame. It's the perfect place to do crazy occult rituals. Oh, and the place grew out of one of the original settlements from colonial times. The ruins of the settlement are still nearby in a place called the Colonial District (real original, am I right?). And yeah. That's some setting info.

Idea for a city: Hell City. The city is built on a nexus between Earth and a dimension where everyone is an insane demon, but everyone has a psychic connection with their demon counterpart. End result: everyone in the city has lost their sanity from prolonged exposure to the rift and have basically the same minds as their demon counterparts.

Yeah I'm making that as soon as the threads are up.

I'm gonna make some kind of summer camp for kids who have abilities or have the potential to have abilities in the future. Think if the School for Gifted Youngsters was run by the scouts instead of the X-men and instead of Professor X you have some retired superhero with a public image.

A city where like 40% of the population is secretly alien refugees.
EDIT- One of the heroes of this city is part of the species mostly responsible for the population being on Earth and keeps this a secret in the hopes that she can try and improve relations when she's been accepted by the superhero community.

Basically, she's part of the dickish and conquering alien race and is posing as a human so she can be a superhero and help both humans and aliens alike.

Last edited:
Oh I like that idea. Would this be one species of alien or many?

Many, due to there being wars or other issues out in the cosmos. Aside from the odd flashback post, characters talking about it or an alien supervillain coming to Earth we wouldn't get to see too much of these intergalactic problems, but more so how a war or crisis a galaxy away can affect Earth...That's unless people want space missions or something. Can do that too.

And a young hero of this city (both sides of it) disguises herself as a human but in truth is part of the species more or less responsible for a large chunk of the refugees being there to begin with. Sees that she has to redeem herself as her family played a part in some horrible stuff a galaxy or two away.

Character-wise, I've got her and the guy that runs the summer camp I mentioned earlier. Think a hero from the Silver age crossed with a Vaudevillian and a grandpa who has taken it upon himself to try and train and protect a new generation of superheroes.

Big bear of a man and very protective of the kids he tutors. I have an image in my head of him allowing like half a dozen kids to climb on his arms and legs as he goes for a stroll and tells them PG versions of his war stories. He's kind of a kid at heart despite his advanced age.

Many, due to there being wars or other issues out in the cosmos. Aside from the odd flashback post, characters talking about it or an alien supervillain coming to Earth we wouldn't get to see too much of these intergalactic problems, but more so how a war or crisis a galaxy away can affect Earth...That's unless people want space missions or something. Can do that too.

And a young hero of this city (both sides of it) disguises herself as a human but in truth is part of the species more or less responsible for a large chunk of the refugees being there to begin with. Sees that she has to redeem herself as her family played a part in some horrible stuff a galaxy or two away.

Character-wise, I've got her and the guy that runs the summer camp I mentioned earlier. Think a hero from the Silver age crossed with a Vaudevillian and a grandpa who has taken it upon himself to try and train and protect a new generation of superheroes.

Big bear of a man and very protective of the kids he tutors. I have an image in my head of him allowing like half a dozen kids to climb on his arms and legs as he goes for a stroll and tells them PG versions of his war stories. He's kind of a kid at heart despite his advanced age.
First off I meant London in my previous post. I know nothing of Indonesia. Second of all: how would you feel about this badass grandpa guy being a member of an old WW2 superhero team that is going to be important to the background for a current hero team. Also: quick notice: there is a city floating above mount Olympus (creatively named Olympus) that is the home for a race of aliens called the Olympians. They are ruled over by a council of twelve gods who were the inspiration for the Greek myths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back