• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pirates Interest Check

MarieK

storm-3254676__480.jpg
Water, water everywhere...

As the crew settles in for the evening, you find yourself going about your normal routine when you overhear one of the crewmen telling the captain that he had just spotted a ship in the distance. The captain shrugs off his concern and orders him to return to scrubbing the deck before sunlight completely diminishes. You feel a prickle of unease at the captain's nonchalance, but his first mate at his side catches your eye and gives you a reassuring nod. So, you leave it at that and turn in for the night.

Around midnight, you're awakened by a commotion coming from above deck. You wake the others and, weapons in hand, go to investigate. Upon arrival, you find the captain tied and kneeling at the first mate's feet. The first mate is surrounded by fifty or so men and women who are heavily armed and ready to fight if needed. Behind them lurks another ship and you remember the crewman telling the captain about the ship he had seen which the captain had deemed not to be a threat.

Obviously, the captain had made a grave mistake.

The first mate smiles and gives a theatrical bow.

"Greetings, ladies and gentleman," the first mate says, the blade in their hand glinting vehemently in the moonlight. "I'd like to introduce you to your new captain. Me."

The people around give hearty chuckles at their leader's words, but you know what mutiny implies. The first mate could very well choose to kill the old crew members and take over the ship. It's doubtful you'll survive the hour.

"Don't worry," the first mate says, as if reading your mind. "I do not intend to lay a hand on any of you. Instead, I wish to keep you on, but as your captain. You must pledge your fidelity to me. Together, we'll uncover the Magician's Staff and rule the seven kingdoms."

The Magician's Staff was a weapon of legend said to be hidden inside a cave somewhere on a land within the uncharted seas beyond the edge of the world. Many had searched for the coveted treasure over the centuries and few had survived.

"If you don't wish to join us, feel free to walk the plank," says the first mate, raising the blade and pointing it at you. "So what do you say? Do you want to go on an adventure or take an evening swim?"

⚔️

Roleplay Guidelines:
  • Magic is welcomed as are fictional races, but nothing like a goddess character who can zap all the monsters at once with a wink of her eye. We want an adventure, after all.
  • You choose what role you want to play in the rp. Want to side with the first mate? Or would you rather try to rescue the captain and regain control of the ship? Either is fine, but the first mate has the upper hand and you'll have to wait to try to rally enough muscle in order to go up against this new crew.
  • That being said, the captain position is open.
  • All rules of the site apply to this rp.
  • This is a 18+ rp as fighting scenes may be intense.
  • Ships are okay, both the wooden ones and the romantic ones, but romance is not the main focus.

C/S link will be open soon and the main thread following enough interest. If you have any questions, please message me.

Last edited:
Can I join? I'm a complete newbie to this site so I hope that's alright!

Interested!

I posted my character-!

Could I start Edel in hiding and not held hostage with the crew?

I’m going to try and get a character sheet up for the captain tonight, just been a busy few days.

Did Scarlet bring everybody up on deck?
I initially had it planned that the commotion would draw them out so if your character wants to hide, that would be okay, but she'll probably notice someone is missing and have the crew hunt for the person.

I see-

That means poor little Edel resting in the crow's nest is gonna witness the whole thing unfold 😩

Rat gets restless so he often climbs up the rigging at night to do some checks if he can't sleep. He could be up there when he witnesses poor old father being made an example of. He wouldn't stay up there for long though. He'd make his presence very known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back