• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pirates (Fantasy Pirate Roleplay)((invitation only)

Moe laughed as Collin spoke, but cut it short as Annabelle approached the pair, pulling out some presents for them. Moe's eyes went wide as she was handed the gifts, her mouth a perfect "O!"
"Thanks yous!" She called as Annabelle ran back to another woman, before biting i to the apple, happily. She turned to collin again, grinning. "booze and women, now?"

Abby nodded in acknowledgement to Goldenheart's introduction and continued to follow her silently as they boarded the ship. She took a keen interest in the ship, her gaze drifting about as she took note of everything from how securely their riggings were set to the type of wood used for the deck and how well it was maintained. She casually memorized the faces of those they passed as they moved on towards the Captain and once they met her, Abby's gazed intently skimmed her from head to toe before quirking a smile that could be said to be friendly as Goldenheart made the introductions.

Abby responded in a confident and somewhat casual but respectful tone when Jackson addressed her, "aye Captain Jackson... if I were ta be honest with ye, I'd tell ye I was booted from me mum's ship joost this day an' I'll be landlocked withaout a crew that'll take me on," Abby couldn't resist mentioning her mom, it was so strange that she had never met this woman but she could be a young doppleganger of her own mother, just with a lot less hair. Even her height was spot on, granted her mother was also missing a leg and was a lot less glamorous and much more battle worn on account of her age, "though, befittin' tha situation, I overheard yer mate 'ere," she gestured with a nod of her head to Goldenheart, "talkin' aboot treasure and it sparked me interest."

All in all, she was completely honest and her steady posture and and lack of stammering or pausing in thought for the proper words could attest to that much had Jackson a keen eye for such things.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
The captain stared Abby dead in the eyes and contemplated her for a moment before giving a curt nod. "Very well. If ya'd like to join my crew, ya may. But I need loyal members. No mutiny. And my word on this ship is law. You'd do well to remember that, Miss Cross." She turned to give a releasing nod at Ganymede and then watched the following scene that ensued with amused interest.

Ganymede finished writing the enchantment, and held out a hand as he spoke some incantations to finalize it. The runes shone blue, but the glow was only visible to the eyes of a magician. Satisfied, he returned to the upper deck, where the captain was talking to a stranger, presumably another stray picked up by Annabelle, who was standing nearby.
"Annabelle, I'd appreciate it if you could put your ink somewhere else," Ganymede said. "Honestly, I thought you would've learned after that time I used it for a waterproofing spell and the ship almost sank. Also, Captain, I finished the enchantment. Going back out."

sitanomoto sitanomoto Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle
Annabelle whirled around and crossed her arms, glaring with a fiery intensity at Ganymede that Abby wouldn't have known she possessed.. "Excuse me, Ganymede, may I remind you that it isn't just my fault. You never LABEL yours. And that's the problem. I nearly sunk the ship on account of you after I had sketched a Kraken in my journal. That wasn't my fault, that was yours." She shook her head, eyes softening and smiled. "If it'll get you to stop griping at me, I'll keep my inks somewhere else, as long as you label your own." She was never one to stay mad at anyone for very long.

The look on Abby's face was nothing if not serious as she took into consideration what Jackson was saying to her and nodded, only then removing her eyes from the captain as her lids lowered for a moment before her gaze was back on the formidable woman," o' course, Captain. I've no designs on yer ship," the reality was, she had designs on her own ship and that actually wasn't her mother's either,"an Captain Jackson, ye can joost call me Cross, tha miss is so formal."

She wondered if perhaps Jackson had mentioned 'mutiny' on account of how she started her statement on why she wanted to join the crew of The Blue Doubloon. It did sound as though she had planned to lead a mutiny previously, though that wasn't even the case. Of course she wouldn't describe what had likely led to her getting left behind by The Bloody Sun unless she was asked.

The hard soles of her brown leather boots carried her back to the ship under the cover of night. The moon was full and it glowed brightly overhead so Abby hadn't brought a lantern with her. The majority of the crew had vacated The Bloody Sun the moment they had hit the port, the skeletal remains staying behind to see to the ship's mooring. Of course, Captain Ezra Dierdre Vadas had also stayed behind, she hardly ever left her ship and this was no exception.

The ship was virtually empty as the gangplank jostled under Abby's drunken footsteps, she had her fun like the rest of the crew and while they all stayed at an inn, a brothel, or even just passed out in a drunken stupor at the pub or on the street, Abby had made her way back to the ship.

The light in the Captain's quarters had been cut already, so she didn't bother her mother once she was on board, instead heading to her own quarters which were located just below the Captain's with a hatch leading up. She generally kept her quarters locked, and as she stood outside of her door fishing the key from her pocket, she noticed a faint light towards the other end of the ship.

Abby stopped her motions for a moment, but didn't think anything of it really. She knew some of the crew wouldn't go ashore until their replacements came back, after all, someone besides the Captain had to keep an eye on the ship. So she unlocked her door and went inside laying in her hammock and letting the soft creaking of the ship's hull as the gentle waves pressed up against it, lull her to sleep.

It wasn't long after that when she heard the sound of motion below her cabin, loud enough that it disrupted her sleep and had her laying there wondering if she had even heard anything at all. She sat up, but didn't rise, just listening to be sure that she had actually heard something and it wasn't just a dream sound that had woke her. After a moment, she did hear another sound, the sound of whispering. Abby's still gloved fingers twitched as she raised her hand to press back some loose strands of her dark hair behind an ear pierced six times up the outer edge and decorated by silver hoops.

Her brow furrowed after a moment. She could understand crew still being up at this hour but what they were doing on this end of the ship and below her little closet of a chamber, she could only guess. Slowly and quietly, she placed her feet on the floor, collecting her cutlass from where she had discarded it when she entered the room and just as carefully as she rose, unlocked and opened the door to her room, as softly as she could, making her way to the lower deck.

Now, Abby was not typically one to sneak as it just wasn't needed in her line of work, espionage was not her forte but she was able to use the various odds and ends between the stairs and the tiller to her advantage, easily sneaking closer to the two whispering crew members, "oi! Wot in tha seven 'ells are doin' doawn 'ere?"

Both of the crew jumped, raising the lantern they had brought with them and looking to her wide eyed, they gave a shifty glance to each other before laughing, "aye... it's jes ye, Abby... I don think it'll matter much ta ye, so don be worryin' tha purdy lil head o yer's."

Abby snorted and her expression didn't relax in the slightest, if anything she appeared somewhat more perturbed at the lack of respect she was shown and she quickly drew her weapon, already without its sheath and held it to the throat of the scalawag that had just dismissed her, "this be me mum's ship. Anythin' an everythin' that 'appens aboord worries me 'purdy lil head' plenty," Abby growled the words out, an irritated sneer marking her normally delicate features, "ye bitta git yer arses topside an stop whateva this be if ye hope ta keep yer insides where they be."

She didn't budge as her agitated gray eyes stared down the two suspicious crew members as they slowly made their way around her, their hands being held up in surrender as they cautiously made their way out of her vicinity before they did as they were told and hurried to the upper deck. Once their retreating footsteps could no longer be heard, Abby sighed and shook her head, lowering her sword finally. She wondered if she shouldn't have just cut them down then and there before heading back to her own quarters and finally getting to sleep.

The following day, Abby rose and went about her morning routine before heading for her mother's quarters, only to discover the ship's quartermaster was already there and a stern expression was set on her mother's features, "mum?" Abby felt just like a little girl again when her mother made that face and rather than jumping directly to what she needed to say, she had to question the expression on her mother's face as well as whether or not her decision the night before had made some sort of impact on the current situation.

The quartermaster's face was a mask and didn't give any indication as to what had perturbed her mother so much and after a short silence that was only broken by the slow tapping of the Captain's lanky fingers atop her desk, she spoke, "What be this I herre aboot you sneaking arraound beloow deck, Abby?"

So that is what her expression was for. Abby looked to the quartermaster, her eyes narrowing before her gaze returned to her mother, "Sneakin'? Oughtn ye ask tha crew I faound whisperin' 'raound tha Tilla?" Her arms crossed over her chest, defiantly, "if anyone ought be unda suspicion, it be them."

Captain Vadas snorted and rose from her desk, "have ye learrned noothin', Abby? Ye woould sell out yerr own accomplices to save yerr hide?" she shook her head, calloused hands rubbing against the hairless skin that covered her skull. She then gestured swiftly with one of her hands, causing the Quartermaster to call to the two crew members that were standing outside of the door, they came to either side of Abby, "git herr off me ship."

"Wait! Mum! Ye don' honestly believe I would betray you?!" The two crew members collected Abby by her elbows and carried her from the Captain's Quarters as she cursed and denied her guilt the entire way, inevitably putting her down on the dock.

She laughed slightly and winked at Jackson before their conversation was interrupted by... well she didn't even know what in the world he was and she tilted her head to the side, staring, but thoughtfully so at the newcomer from below deck. Her arms crossed over the black fabric that covered her torso as she leaned back slightly to observe the situation. She couldn't help but grin, the argument was so odd and the results of the accidents Goldenheart described was admittedly entertaining.

sitanomoto sitanomoto SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Izog
Izog was busy inspecting the ship's as usual. On his hip was his typical broadsword and in his hand was the ever infamous whip. Below decks, after whipping a few sailors for their lack of efficiency, he went above deck. Most of the sailors upon seeing him started working immediately. He whipped the few who were near him that weren't as lucky to get up quickly.

"WORK HARDER YOU MAGGOTS! DO YOU WANT THIS SHIP TO SINK YOU STINKING PIGS!" He shouted.

Izog lashed his whip into the air a few more times. The sailors seemed to be working at maximum efficiency, excellent. He noticed a sailor on the ground, one of the few he had hit on purpose. His back was a bloody mess.

"Get up! Get up you! If you can't take a sting you've no place on this stinking ship" Izog shouted at the man. The sailor hastily got up to and bolted to his position.

Finally, now Izog can go see the Captain Jackson. Perhaps their were more recruits he could terrorize. He made his way up to the helm of the ship where the captain stood.

Izog
Izog was busy inspecting the ship's as usual. On his hip was his typical broadsword and in his hand was the ever infamous whip. Below decks, after whipping a few sailors for their lack of efficiency, he went above deck. Most of the sailors upon seeing him started working immediately. He whipped the few who were near him that weren't as lucky to get up quickly.

"WORK HARDER YOU MAGGOTS! DO YOU WANT THIS SHIP TO SINK YOU STINKING PIGS!" He shouted.

Izog lashed his whip into the air a few more times. The sailors seemed to be working at maximum efficiency, excellent. He noticed a sailor on the ground, one of the few he had hit on purpose. His back was a bloody mess.

"Get up! Get up you! If you can't take a sting you've no place on this stinking ship" Izog shouted at the man. The sailor hastily got up to and bolted to his position.

Finally, now Izog can go see the Captain Jackson. Perhaps their were more recruits he could terrorize. He made his way up to the helm of the ship where the captain stood.
The look on Abby's face was nothing if not serious as she took into consideration what Jackson was saying to her and nodded, only then removing her eyes from the captain as her lids lowered for a moment before her gaze was back on the formidable woman," o' course, Captain. I've no designs on yer ship," the reality was, she had designs on her own ship and that actually wasn't her mother's either,"an Captain Jackson, ye can joost call me Cross, tha miss is so formal."

She wondered if perhaps Jackson had mentioned 'mutiny' on account of how she started her statement on why she wanted to join the crew of The Blue Doubloon. It did sound as though she had planned to lead a mutiny previously, though that wasn't even the case. Of course she wouldn't describe what had likely led to her getting left behind by The Bloody Sun unless she was asked.

The hard soles of her brown leather boots carried her back to the ship under the cover of night. The moon was full and it glowed brightly overhead so Abby hadn't brought a lantern with her. The majority of the crew had vacated The Bloody Sun the moment they had hit the port, the skeletal remains staying behind to see to the ship's mooring. Of course, Captain Ezra Dierdre Vadas had also stayed behind, she hardly ever left her ship and this was no exception.

The ship was virtually empty as the gangplank jostled under Abby's drunken footsteps, she had her fun like the rest of the crew and while they all stayed at an inn, a brothel, or even just passed out in a drunken stupor at the pub or on the street, Abby had made her way back to the ship.

The light in the Captain's quarters had been cut already, so she didn't bother her mother once she was on board, instead heading to her own quarters which were located just below the Captain's with a hatch leading up. She generally kept her quarters locked, and as she stood outside of her door fishing the key from her pocket, she noticed a faint light towards the other end of the ship.

Abby stopped her motions for a moment, but didn't think anything of it really. She knew some of the crew wouldn't go ashore until their replacements came back, after all, someone besides the Captain had to keep an eye on the ship. So she unlocked her door and went inside laying in her hammock and letting the soft creaking of the ship's hull as the gentle waves pressed up against it, lull her to sleep.

It wasn't long after that when she heard the sound of motion below her cabin, loud enough that it disrupted her sleep and had her laying there wondering if she had even heard anything at all. She sat up, but didn't rise, just listening to be sure that she had actually heard something and it wasn't just a dream sound that had woke her. After a moment, she did hear another sound, the sound of whispering. Abby's still gloved fingers twitched as she raised her hand to press back some loose strands of her dark hair behind an ear pierced six times up the outer edge and decorated by silver hoops.

Her brow furrowed after a moment. She could understand crew still being up at this hour but what they were doing on this end of the ship and below her little closet of a chamber, she could only guess. Slowly and quietly, she placed her feet on the floor, collecting her cutlass from where she had discarded it when she entered the room and just as carefully as she rose, unlocked and opened the door to her room, as softly as she could, making her way to the lower deck.

Now, Abby was not typically one to sneak as it just wasn't needed in her line of work, espionage was not her forte but she was able to use the various odds and ends between the stairs and the tiller to her advantage, easily sneaking closer to the two whispering crew members, "oi! Wot in tha seven 'ells are doin' doawn 'ere?"

Both of the crew jumped, raising the lantern they had brought with them and looking to her wide eyed, they gave a shifty glance to each other before laughing, "aye... it's jes ye, Abby... I don think it'll matter much ta ye, so don be worryin' tha purdy lil head o yer's."

Abby snorted and her expression didn't relax in the slightest, if anything she appeared somewhat more perturbed at the lack of respect she was shown and she quickly drew her weapon, already without its sheath and held it to the throat of the scalawag that had just dismissed her, "this be me mum's ship. Anythin' an everythin' that 'appens aboord worries me 'purdy lil head' plenty," Abby growled the words out, an irritated sneer marking her normally delicate features, "ye bitta git yer arses topside an stop whateva this be if ye hope ta keep yer insides where they be."

She didn't budge as her agitated gray eyes stared down the two suspicious crew members as they slowly made their way around her, their hands being held up in surrender as they cautiously made their way out of her vicinity before they did as they were told and hurried to the upper deck. Once their retreating footsteps could no longer be heard, Abby sighed and shook her head, lowering her sword finally. She wondered if she shouldn't have just cut them down then and there before heading back to her own quarters and finally getting to sleep.

The following day, Abby rose and went about her morning routine before heading for her mother's quarters, only to discover the ship's quartermaster was already there and a stern expression was set on her mother's features, "mum?" Abby felt just like a little girl again when her mother made that face and rather than jumping directly to what she needed to say, she had to question the expression on her mother's face as well as whether or not her decision the night before had made some sort of impact on the current situation.

The quartermaster's face was a mask and didn't give any indication as to what had perturbed her mother so much and after a short silence that was only broken by the slow tapping of the Captain's lanky fingers atop her desk, she spoke, "What be this I herre aboot you sneaking arraound beloow deck, Abby?"

So that is what her expression was for. Abby looked to the quartermaster, her eyes narrowing before her gaze returned to her mother, "Sneakin'? Oughtn ye ask tha crew I faound whisperin' 'raound tha Tilla?" Her arms crossed over her chest, defiantly, "if anyone ought be unda suspicion, it be them."

Captain Vadas snorted and rose from her desk, "have ye learrned noothin', Abby? Ye woould sell out yerr own accomplices to save yerr hide?" she shook her head, calloused hands rubbing against the hairless skin that covered her skull. She then gestured swiftly with one of her hands, causing the Quartermaster to call to the two crew members that were standing outside of the door, they came to either side of Abby, "git herr off me ship."

"Wait! Mum! Ye don' honestly believe I would betray you?!" The two crew members collected Abby by her elbows and carried her from the Captain's Quarters as she cursed and denied her guilt the entire way, inevitably putting her down on the dock.

She laughed slightly and winked at Jackson before their conversation was interrupted by... well she didn't even know what in the world he was and she tilted her head to the side, staring, but thoughtfully so at the newcomer from below deck. Her arms crossed over the black fabric that covered her torso as she leaned back slightly to observe the situation. She couldn't help but grin, the argument was so odd and the results of the accidents Goldenheart described was admittedly entertaining.

sitanomoto sitanomoto SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
Jackson nodded, smirking slightly at Annabelle's attitude towards Ganymede and then turned back to Abby. "Cross it is, then." She looked at Izog and then at Annabelle and her eyes narrowed as she realized what was about to happen.

Annabelle heard the crack of the whip and her eyes darted to Izog. Her breath started getting shallower and her vision started to go fuzzy. She staggered over to the railing And gripped it with iron hands, dropping to her knees as she heard the whip crack echo in her ears and her back stung with a phantom pain she hadn't physically felt in years.
And then Jackson was there, grabbing Annabelle by the shoulders and pulling her up.
"Breathe, lass... deep breaths. That's it."
Annabelle snapped back to the present and looked up at Jackson with wide eyes.
"It happened again-" She began, sounding apologetic.
"No apologies, Goldenheart. Ya need to relax. Go on now, take Cross with ya back to the tavern. An' give Collin a whack on th' head for me."
Annabelle smiled tentatively and nodded, keeping her eyes glued on the deck as she walked off.
Jackson walked back to Abby and leaned over to her. "I need ya to keep an eye on 'er. Can ya do tha' for me?" It was clear that Jackson cared about Annabelle, and her whole crew for that matter, and now Abby was a part of that family.
Jackson looked at Izog and sighed, walking over to him. "Crew behavin' as usual, Izog?" She said curtly, crossing her arms.

Izog
As Izog approached the captain, he stared grimly at the girl who nearly fell over the railings. He was confused as he hadn't done a thing to her yet. Izog just stared at her until she went away.

"Aye captain... Business as usual with the crew," Izog said firmly, "Who's the girl that fell?"

He waited for Jackson's response. If the girl was a new recruit he'd swear he would whip her harder then the rest of the crew. A weakling like that needed to be built and shaped into a sailor. Izog put the whip back onto his belt.

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Izog
As Izog approached the captain, he stared grimly at the girl who nearly fell over the railings. He was confused as he hadn't done a thing to her yet. Izog just stared at her until she went away.

"Aye captain... Business as usual with the crew," Izog said firmly, "Who's the girl that fell?"

He waited for Jackson's response. If the girl was a new recruit he'd swear he would whip her harder then the rest of the crew. A weakling like that needed to be built and shaped into a sailor. Izog put the whip back onto his belt.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Jackson smirked. "Goldenheart Lee. My Scholar and recordkeeper." She looked at Izog and stared him down, becoming gravely serious. "Listen to me, Izog, for th' respect ya have for me as a Cap'n an' as an equal, don' whip her. She's been whipped too much already, the poor lass. Th' reason ya never laid eyes on her before is b'cause she steers clear o' you like a Demon from holy water." She lowered her voice so only Izog could hear. "Part of the slave trade in the north. Whipped every day an' branded too." She glared Izog dead in the face. "She ain't no lily-livered pirate, a good fighter an' one o' my most loyal crew, but she's whip-shy. If she needs punishin', send her over to me, an' I'll do the deed. Understand?"
Izog knew her wrath, her anger, and her seriousness if she was ever disobeyed. Disobedience on this ship meant severe punishment, either the plank, starvation, or whipping by the captain herself. No disrespect was ever tolerated on her deck.
Ever.

Collin smiled even more brightly than usual as Annabelle produced her gifts. Collin always enjoyed things that were free, but Collin liked exotic drinks even better. Fruity wine is about as exotic as anyone would find around here, and even then it would've been pretty difficult to find. Collin took it gleefully, allowing his smile to express his thanks. It was a much more genuine "thank you" than any of his words could express, mostly because Collin worked hard to make sure none of his words were ever to be taken seriously. He immediately stowed it in the knapsack he still had with him so he could add it to his collection in his cabin the next time he headed back onto the ship. (Collin drank frequently, but the good stuff he always kept stored away for special occasions. After all, it's the good stuff that gets better with age.) sitanomoto sitanomoto

Then as they began to walk away, Collin turned his charming smile back to Moe. "Yes, the two greatest pleasures in life. Though I must warn you if you wish to tag along: I stopped by the tavern earlier to warn of my later return, so if you wish to follow me I can't guarantee your safety when I'm rushed off by a crowd of eager women the moment I step foot through that door. I think I'd better hurry back there before a riot breaks out over all those girls yearning to once again see my magnificent features." Collin, as always, spoke playfully, a mischievous twinkle always sparkling in his sky blue eyes. He chuckled as he started off in the direction of the tavern, spreading his wings not to fly but to let the wind catch him and guide him towards his destination. "After all, I can't call myself an angel unless I buy them all drinks first, and I've already kept them waiting long enough." In truth, this city was a place of cheap rum and cheap women, but it went against his pride to go after those types, which left few other ladies to have heard his flirting, but he planned to find one of them before they got bored of waiting around. None of these concerns touched Collin's confident grin, however.

He looked back with a flamboyant flick of his wrist to call back, "Proceed at your own risk; I'll be at the tavern making the most noise. And if I'm never seen again, let it be known I'll die doing what I love!" Collin let the air fly him forward another dramatic bound before he slowed his drift through the air for just a moment to look back and hear Moe's reply. Jecklyn Jecklyn

Abby's eyes widened slightly to the sound of rough yelling from down along the deck and the sudden boost of energy the crew seemed to gain on account of the voice peaked her interest and she found herself looking in the direction from whence the voice had arisen. An amused laugh escaping her as she saw the somewhat injured crewman scurry fearfully away as though his life depended on it. Well, that was one form of motivation.

Her slim figure turned back towards the Captain a moment, only to find her collecting Goldenheart, a tilt of her head was given as she wondered why, though it didn't take Abby's keen mind long to connect the dots. While she didn't know exactly why, she gathered that the cause had something to do with the slave driver on the lower end of the deck.

Her thumb and two of her fingers were placed on either side of her chin thoughtfully, though they lowered as Jackson approached her, a single nod of her head given in acknowledgement before she casually followed after Goldenheart. A shrug of her shoulders was given to the whip wielder as she caught his confused expression before she continued on her way, doing as she was asked and keeping an eye on the seemingly previously traumatized redhead as she led the way back to the tavern.

sitanomoto sitanomoto H HeckingHeck

Abby's eyes widened slightly to the sound of rough yelling from down along the deck and the sudden boost of energy the crew seemed to gain on account of the voice peaked her interest and she found herself looking in the direction from whence the voice had arisen. An amused laugh escaping her as she saw the somewhat injured crewman scurry fearfully away as though his life depended on it. Well, that was one form of motivation.

Her slim figure turned back towards the Captain a moment, only to find her collecting Goldenheart, a tilt of her head was given as she wondered why, though it didn't take Abby's keen mind long to connect the dots. While she didn't know exactly why, she gathered that the cause had something to do with the slave driver on the lower end of the deck.

Her thumb and two of her fingers were placed on either side of her chin thoughtfully, though they lowered as Jackson approached her, a single nod of her head given in acknowledgement before she casually followed after Goldenheart. A shrug of her shoulders was given to the whip wielder as she caught his confused expression before she continued on her way, doing as she was asked and keeping an eye on the seemingly previously traumatized redhead as she led the way back to the tavern.

Annabelle had her arms crossed over her chest as she walked back to the tavern, eyes glued on the stones and wood at her feet. The peppiness was gone from her demeanor at this moment, and her cheeks were tinged slightly red with embarrassment.
"I can't believe.... in front of the Captain.... in front of the damn crew.... pull yourself together, Anna.... no more of that nonsense...." She muttered to herself, shaking her head. "Gods.... What Cap'n Jackson must think..... and in front of Abby.... way to make a first impression... she must think you're some sort of-" The muttering to herself continued for a while as she walked, her blue eyes staying fixed on the cobbled road ahead of her.

Izog
Izog stared at the captain and nodded. She wasn't the type of person to mess around with. Sure, she could be a great drinking partner and friend but she'll make your life hell if you cross her path the wrong way. Izog hear what she had to say. The poor girl was raised a Savage, if she was an orc she would've been left for dead. Orc villages were often brutal to build strength however they were also loyal with each other to a fault. Whipping was only a small inconvenience to the treachery of the sea. He found it hard to understand how she could take the salt of the ocean and not the end of a whip.

"Aye captain.. Though I think it's best to go easy on her when she's away from the crew... Might show favoritism'" Izog inquired, "Captain, where do we make our next course at sea?"

Although the port was a lively place, Izog preferred the non-judgemental sea the best place for him. Humans didn't like orcs much seeing as they often raided the outskirts of human civilizations. The sea at least cared not for their race or what they were, it killed all equally and indiscriminately. He hoped they would plot a course soon.

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Izog
Izog stared at the captain and nodded. She wasn't the type of person to mess around with. Sure, she could be a great drinking partner and friend but she'll make your life hell if you cross her path the wrong way. Izog hear what she had to say. The poor girl was raised a Savage, if she was an orc she would've been left for dead. Orc villages were often brutal to build strength however they were also loyal with each other to a fault. Whipping was only a small inconvenience to the treachery of the sea. He found it hard to understand how she could take the salt of the ocean and not the end of a whip.

"Aye captain.. Though I think it's best to go easy on her when she's away from the crew... Might show favoritism'" Izog inquired, "Captain, where do we make our next course at sea?"

Although the port was a lively place, Izog preferred the non-judgemental sea the best place for him. Humans didn't like orcs much seeing as they often raided the outskirts of human civilizations. The sea at least cared not for their race or what they were, it killed all equally and indiscriminately. He hoped they would plot a course soon.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Jackson nodded with a small smile. "I never said easy, Izog," she replied. She knew the orc was loyal to her, he was practically her family. "We're headed towards the Lost Isles." She said.
Jackson had talked about it to the crew before, when crew morale was low she would tell the tales of an island guarded by a beast with a treasure so vast it would fill the whole ship. "And yes, old friend, They do exist." Again she knew that there was talk among the crew that she was crazy, her belief in the Lost Isles was the misguided ramblings of an inexperienced child, but she had found the scroll and the map to the isles, and that was proof enough for her. They wouldn't call her crazy when they were bathing in gold.

Izog
Izog stared at the crew atop The deck as they spoke. The crew would be doing g menial tasks such as cleaning and bringing in supplies. Stuff typically grunts would do. He knew the next expedition was going to be tough though he never expected the Lost isles.

"Aye Captain, though how do you know where they are," The captain wasn't stupid, she wouldn't dare take such a risk without proof, "They're named the Lost isles for a reason ma'am..."

He didn't know how the captain knew where they are but it would certainly be a worthy adventure. Their would be beasts, drinking and gold. What more could scum like then wish for? Though of course he remained skeptical. He was loyal to the captain for sure although the idea of the Lost isles seemed more suited for a child's tale, one a mother would read to their child at night to keep their noses where they belong. Izog waited for her answer.

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Izog
Izog stared at the crew atop The deck as they spoke. The crew would be doing g menial tasks such as cleaning and bringing in supplies. Stuff typically grunts would do. He knew the next expedition was going to be tough though he never expected the Lost isles.

"Aye Captain, though how do you know where they are," The captain wasn't stupid, she wouldn't dare take such a risk without proof, "They're named the Lost isles for a reason ma'am..."

He didn't know how the captain knew where they are but it would certainly be a worthy adventure. Their would be beasts, drinking and gold. What more could scum like then wish for? Though of course he remained skeptical. He was loyal to the captain for sure although the idea of the Lost isles seemed more suited for a child's tale, one a mother would read to their child at night to keep their noses where they belong. Izog waited for her answer.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Jackson smirked. "It was at our last raid. Merchant ships from the east were carryin' rare maps, and Moe managed to get her sneaky mitts on a scroll and a coded map of an Archapelago not seen on anythin' we have currently." She looked towards the boardwalk, then at Izog again. "I had Goldenheart decode the runes for me. It ain't a fairytale. They are real. Either tha' or it's a rather elaborate prank by a lily-livered good-for-nothin'." Her eyes were aglow with a light that was rarely seen by anyone on their ship, save for the heat of battle and after a good rum.

Last edited:
Collin smiled even more brightly than usual as Annabelle produced her gifts. Collin always enjoyed things that were free, but Collin liked exotic drinks even better. Fruity wine is about as exotic as anyone would find around here, and even then it would've been pretty difficult to find. Collin took it gleefully, allowing his smile to express his thanks. It was a much more genuine "thank you" than any of his words could express, mostly because Collin worked hard to make sure none of his words were ever to be taken seriously. He immediately stowed it in the knapsack he still had with him so he could add it to his collection in his cabin the next time he headed back onto the ship. (Collin drank frequently, but the good stuff he always kept stored away for special occasions. After all, it's the good stuff that gets better with age.) sitanomoto sitanomoto

Then as they began to walk away, Collin turned his charming smile back to Moe. "Yes, the two greatest pleasures in life. Though I must warn you if you wish to tag along: I stopped by the tavern earlier to warn of my later return, so if you wish to follow me I can't guarantee your safety when I'm rushed off by a crowd of eager women the moment I step foot through that door. I think I'd better hurry back there before a riot breaks out over all those girls yearning to once again see my magnificent features." Collin, as always, spoke playfully, a mischievous twinkle always sparkling in his sky blue eyes. He chuckled as he started off in the direction of the tavern, spreading his wings not to fly but to let the wind catch him and guide him towards his destination. "After all, I can't call myself an angel unless I buy them all drinks first, and I've already kept them waiting long enough." In truth, this city was a place of cheap rum and cheap women, but it went against his pride to go after those types, which left few other ladies to have heard his flirting, but he planned to find one of them before they got bored of waiting around. None of these concerns touched Collin's confident grin, however.

He looked back with a flamboyant flick of his wrist to call back, "Proceed at your own risk; I'll be at the tavern making the most noise. And if I'm never seen again, let it be known I'll die doing what I love!" Collin let the air fly him forward another dramatic bound before he slowed his drift through the air for just a moment to look back and hear Moe's reply. Jecklyn Jecklyn
Moe laughed as Collin spoke, but cut it short as Annabelle approached the pair, pulling out some presents for them. Moe's eyes went wide as she was handed the gifts, her mouth a perfect "O!"
"Thanks yous!" She called as Annabelle ran back to another woman, before biting i to the apple, happily. She turned to collin again, grinning. "booze and women, now?"

Annabelle walked, rather, trudged to the tavern, taking a bit of a detour to clear her thoughts. It was calm and quiet outside in the dark of the evening, and the wind gently blowing her ruffled red hair. The air smelled like ocean water and wet stones, a bit like rain, too. Her arms were still crossed and she sighed as she walked into the tavern and took a seat at a corner table, away from the "action" of the bar. A barmaid came to her and asked her what she wanted.
"I'm good, thanks..." Annabelle said, giving her a small but kind smile. The girl smiled back, turning to tend to the others.
Annabelle stared vacantly at the table, mind wandering other places.
Jecklyn Jecklyn Collinbu98 Collinbu98 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Navi Norwa
She had a few drinks so far, feeling a little tipsy, but nothing too bad. Her eyes wandered the tavern, checking out the ladies up for grabs. She was in a mood to mingle, but that soon cut short when she spotted Anna. She frowned seeing the look on Anna's face, knowing something was wrong. So she stood from her stool, making her way over to where her ship mate was & sat next to her. "Aye Anna, you looked as if you seen a ghost. What happened?" She asked. sitanomoto sitanomoto

The way Goldenheart was carrying herself, Abby decided to just let her be. She wasn't really the consoling type in any case and she doubted she had any words of comfort that she could offer. The sound of her footfalls on the wooden pier echoed behind the redhead's own as she followed along behind her, the sound of her boots inevitably silencing as they left the wooden walkway and hit the streets headed for the pub. Of course the sound of gravel crunching still let the girl know that Abby was indeed still there, as it had been Jackson's orders to keep an eye on her.

She followed Goldenheart all the way to the tavern and inside, much the same way a guardian might look over their charge. She wondered how many more incidents such as this one would occur with the whip wielding Orc on board the ship. She hated to think what might go on at sea, but she had hope that the formidable woman Jackson seemed to be would prove true and that her crew wasn't as tender-footed as they seemed to be.

Once they were inside the pub, Abby saw Goldenheart to the table, giving her a firm pat on the back and placing an order with the barmaid. It was evening and she had realized she was hungry during the detour they had taken on their way. She didn't take a seat, her arms crossing as she leaned against the wall. She still didn't say anything, at best she would ask what had made her react as she had and that didn't seem like a very ideal course of conversation, so in the words of her mother, 'if ye dinnae got nothin' worthwhile ta say, dinnae' say nothin' at all,' a lesson in silence when she spoke out of turn, usually following a quick slap across the face.

When the Dragoness from before approached the table, Abby gave her a firm nod of greeting, tipping two fingers to her forehead in a salute, handing Goldenheart of to her care. Obviously the other female knew the girl better and was likely better suited to handle the situation and her fragile state. Abby on the other hand, wasn't a very emotional sort and didn't know how to handle it in others, so she took her leave and ventured off to the bar to cause a ruckus and share stories with the other sailors that were already in the midst of a drinking game.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Black Forest MLady Black Forest MLady

The way Goldenheart was carrying herself, Abby decided to just let her be. She wasn't really the consoling type in any case and she doubted she had any words of comfort that she could offer. The sound of her footfalls on the wooden pier echoed behind the redhead's own as she followed along behind her, the sound of her boots inevitably silencing as they left the wooden walkway and hit the streets headed for the pub. Of course the sound of gravel crunching still let the girl know that Abby was indeed still there, as it had been Jackson's orders to keep an eye on her.

She followed Goldenheart all the way to the tavern and inside, much the same way a guardian might look over their charge. She wondered how many more incidents such as this one would occur with the whip wielding Orc on board the ship. She hated to think what might go on at sea, but she had hope that the formidable woman Jackson seemed to be would prove true and that her crew wasn't as tender-footed as they seemed to be.

Once they were inside the pub, Abby saw Goldenheart to the table, giving her a firm pat on the back and placing an order with the barmaid. It was evening and she had realized she was hungry during the detour they had taken on their way. She didn't take a seat, her arms crossing as she leaned against the wall. She still didn't say anything, at best she would ask what had made her react as she had and that didn't seem like a very ideal course of conversation, so in the words of her mother, 'if ye dinnae got nothin' worthwhile ta say, dinnae' say nothin' at all,' a lesson in silence when she spoke out of turn, usually following a quick slap across the face.

When the Dragoness from before approached the table, Abby gave her a firm nod of greeting, tipping two fingers to her forehead in a salute, handing Goldenheart of to her care. Obviously the other female knew the girl better and was likely better suited to handle the situation and her fragile state. Abby on the other hand, wasn't a very emotional sort and didn't know how to handle it in others, so she took her leave and ventured off to the bar to cause a ruckus and share stories with the other sailors that were already in the midst of a drinking game.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Black Forest MLady Black Forest MLady
Navi Norwa
She had a few drinks so far, feeling a little tipsy, but nothing too bad. Her eyes wandered the tavern, checking out the ladies up for grabs. She was in a mood to mingle, but that soon cut short when she spotted Anna. She frowned seeing the look on Anna's face, knowing something was wrong. So she stood from her stool, making her way over to where her ship mate was & sat next to her. "Aye Anna, you looked as if you seen a ghost. What happened?" She asked. sitanomoto sitanomoto

Annabelle flinched when Abby patted her on the back, but she appreciated the gesture. Cross didn't seem like the type of person to give consolation, but that gesture was enough. Then Navi came over, and Annabelle looked up and smiled brightly, as if nothing was wrong. It was a smile that Navi had seen several times, but her eyes betrayed her. The teal orbs' light didn't match the smile. They were dim, betraying her emotions entirely. Annabelle's tone was chipper, however, when she responded. Maybe a little too chipper.
"I'm fine, Navi. It's business as usual back at the ship and it looks like Abby's gonna fit right in." She said, smiling and watching as Abby walked off to the other seafarers who were in the tavern. "And I heard Collin's holler of triumph a little earlier, so he should be here soon." Her fingers drummed a rhythm on the table and she focused on that rather than on Navi's eyes, her smile dropping a little.
Collinbu98 Collinbu98 Jecklyn Jecklyn

Navi Norwa
The young woman knew that they young scholar was lying, the smile did not reach her eyes. She knew Anna enough that something was wrong, recognizing that kind of smile. Then the sound of her sudden chipper voice was a dead give away that something happened. Navi laid a gentle hand on the girls's back, "Aye, was it the whip again?" She asked softly. All she knew was that Anna had a horrible history with whips and that is why she begins to hyperventilate at the sight or sound of one. sitanomoto sitanomoto

Izog
Izog was real intent on hearing the explanation. Such a place was the stuff of legends. Whoever found the treasure would be wealthier than any man alive, they could do as they please and never run out of money. Izog was excited to day the least.

"Hmph... Well if we were able to find the scrolls, who's to say who else hasn't found them either... We ought to hurry.." Izog stated, "Such a place would draw adventurers and pirates from everywhere.."

Izog contemplated on this. He could be the wealthiest orc alive but never fight pirates again. On the other hand, he could fight pirates but never find the treasure. Both sounded dreadful. He didn't mind bloodshed and fighting but if it wasn't for a cause and just for the hell of it, he didn't feel the need. He stated at the Captain.

"When do we set sail? Treasure would seem to await us..." Izog smiled his orcish smile.

sitanomoto sitanomoto

It was a boisterous crowd at the bar, half of which already appeared to be drunk. They were playing some sort of game that involved dice and as Abby stepped up to the counter, she reached into one of the inner pockets of her brown long coat and drew out a set of dice that looked as though they had been carved from bone, gesturing to the keeper with four of her fingers to which he responded by bringing her a wooden cup. The pirate femme then pushed her way towards the center of the gathered group which was wound around the corner of the bar behind several onlookers. She clapped one of the onlookers on the back, a rather rotund looking fellow using some rope for a belt, "oi! Bittle, move yer pig's arse 'afore I stab it with a fork!"

She laughed heartily after she finished the insult and was met with equal laughter from the man she just insulted. She stepped right up to the bartop as the players of the game were finishing a round and rattled her cup with the dice in it towards them, some of them shook their heads, some of them laughed, and still others cheered as she signaled that she was keen on joining the game.

"An jes wat chance do ye thin' ye got playin' with us lil missy," one of the older players, a wrinkly twig of a man with a ratty beard that would have been white if it had been clean at all snorted as he spoke through a mouth that had barely any teeth.

"I be thinkin' me chances pretty fair if all I got ta compete with be maouthy ol' farts with one foot in the grave," she retorted casually, to which laughter and cheers arose from the gathered seamen, the one she had previously addressed giving her a slap on the back as she lifted one of her booted feet to rest along the rail at the bottom of the bar, "we throough talkin' or do I need ta joost buy me drinks instead of filchin' 'em off o' you lot?"

A cheer of 'ayes' arose from the group and the players all held their cups up in the air, turning them quickly and slamming them down on the bar in unison as they all released a unified 'HAH.' They all looked under their own cup, careful not to let anyone else see what was beneath before the barkeep pointed at a thickly built man with the beginnings of a beard and curly black hair that hung just past his shoulders, the man responded by saying 'five.' The man to his right called out 'eight,' the next said 'eleven,' then a 'thirteen,' followed by 'fifteen,' the next was 'nineteen,' then Abby chimed in with her 'twenty-one.'

The old man that had challenged her before shouted 'bluff,' and extended a bony old finger towards Abby. She grinned triumphantly and lifted her cup, the four dice read 'twenty-one.' The other players and the onlookers laughed and cheered, one even yelling out, 'some lil miss!' which only spawned more laughter as twenty-one small cups of liquor were placed in front of the old man and Abby gave him a wink, "one daown..." she mock counted the rest of the players,"an' anotha buncha' sorry landlovas ta go!"

Black Forest MLady Black Forest MLady sitanomoto sitanomoto

Navi Norwa
The young woman knew that they young scholar was lying, the smile did not reach her eyes. She knew Anna enough that something was wrong, recognizing that kind of smile. Then the sound of her sudden chipper voice was a dead give away that something happened. Navi laid a gentle hand on the girls's back, "Aye, was it the whip again?" She asked softly. All she knew was that Anna had a horrible history with whips and that is why she begins to hyperventilate at the sight or sound of one. sitanomoto sitanomoto
It was a boisterous crowd at the bar, half of which already appeared to be drunk. They were playing some sort of game that involved dice and as Abby stepped up to the counter, she reached into one of the inner pockets of her brown long coat and drew out a set of dice that looked as though they had been carved from bone, gesturing to the keeper with four of her fingers to which he responded by bringing her a wooden cup. The pirate femme then pushed her way towards the center of the gathered group which was wound around the corner of the bar behind several onlookers. She clapped one of the onlookers on the back, a rather rotund looking fellow using some rope for a belt, "oi! Bittle, move yer pig's arse 'afore I stab it with a fork!"

She laughed heartily after she finished the insult and was met with equal laughter from the man she just insulted. She stepped right up to the bartop as the players of the game were finishing a round and rattled her cup with the dice in it towards them, some of them shook their heads, some of them laughed, and still others cheered as she signaled that she was keen on joining the game.

"An jes wat chance do ye thin' ye got playin' with us lil missy," one of the older players, a wrinkly twig of a man with a ratty beard that would have been white if it had been clean at all snorted as he spoke through a mouth that had barely any teeth.

"I be thinkin' me chances pretty fair if all I got ta compete with be maouthy ol' farts with one foot in the grave," she retorted casually, to which laughter and cheers arose from the gathered seamen, the one she had previously addressed giving her a slap on the back as she lifted one of her booted feet to rest along the rail at the bottom of the bar, "we throough talkin' or do I need ta joost buy me drinks instead of filchin' 'em off o' you lot?"

A cheer of 'ayes' arose from the group and the players all held their cups up in the air, turning them quickly and slamming them down on the bar in unison as they all released a unified 'HAH.' They all looked under their own cup, careful not to let anyone else see what was beneath before the barkeep pointed at a thickly built man with the beginnings of a beard and curly black hair that hung just past his shoulders, the man responded by saying 'five.' The man to his right called out 'eight,' the next said 'eleven,' then a 'thirteen,' followed by 'fifteen,' the next was 'nineteen,' then Abby chimed in with her 'twenty-one.'

The old man that had challenged her before shouted 'bluff,' and extended a bony old finger towards Abby. She grinned triumphantly and lifted her cup, the four dice read 'twenty-one.' The other players and the onlookers laughed and cheered, one even yelling out, 'some lil miss!' which only spawned more laughter as twenty-one small cups of liquor were placed in front of the old man and Abby gave him a wink, "one daown..." she mock counted the rest of the players,"an' anotha buncha' sorry landlovas ta go!"

Black Forest MLady Black Forest MLady sitanomoto sitanomoto
Annabelle's smile dropped off completely. She just nodded, closing her eyes and biting her lower lip. "Mm-hmm." She appreciated Navi's perception, so she didn't have to come right out and say it. She heard Abby's shouts of triumph, opening her eyes and then raising an eyebrow. It eased her nerves to see others having fun, and she noticed a familiar face in the crowd, watching with interest and raising his mug of ale high every time there were cheers and downing another gulp or two.

Alan Mason really loved to drink, especially around a crowd like this. His lopsided, slightly feral grin was trained on the crowd, watching the game with interest.

Izog
Izog was real intent on hearing the explanation. Such a place was the stuff of legends. Whoever found the treasure would be wealthier than any man alive, they could do as they please and never run out of money. Izog was excited to day the least.

"Hmph... Well if we were able to find the scrolls, who's to say who else hasn't found them either... We ought to hurry.." Izog stated, "Such a place would draw adventurers and pirates from everywhere.."

Izog contemplated on this. He could be the wealthiest orc alive but never fight pirates again. On the other hand, he could fight pirates but never find the treasure. Both sounded dreadful. He didn't mind bloodshed and fighting but if it wasn't for a cause and just for the hell of it, he didn't feel the need. He stated at the Captain.

"When do we set sail? Treasure would seem to await us..." Izog smiled his orcish smile.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
"Rest Easy, Izog. Loose lips sink ships, an' my crew knows better than that. Or they should." Jackson assured, then listened to Izog's question.
"Three days time." Jackson replied as looked up at the night sky. "Maybe two, if'n we're all here by then."
She looked around at the ship and the crewmembers who had stayed behind, then at the dark water below. "It'll be dangerous." She said, resting her hands akimbo. "Very dangerous." Jackson didn't know if she was leading her crew to their doom, but she was hoping for the best on this journey.

"Three days time." Jackson replied as looked up at the night sky. "Maybe two, if'n we're all here by then."
She looked around at the ship and the crewmembers who had stayed behind, then at the dark water below. "It'll be dangerous." She said, resting her hands akimbo. "Very dangerous." Jackson didn't know if she was leading her crew to their doom, but she was hoping for the best on this journey.
Verona had a concerned look. "D-d-dangerous? What c-could happen?" She just met these (relatively) nice folks, She didn't wanna say goodbye so soon. Nevertheless, she held out her hand to the captain. "Anyway, aye-aye, captain! Carpenter Verona at your service!"

Izog
Izog couldn't help but give a small orcish smile. Their would be danger, their would be water and of course more fresh meat to torment. What could he possibly way more? He was disappointed it would be so long to set sail however it was better than never. Treasure and blood was to come, his next great adventure on the wooden coffin.

""Aye captain... The crew is full of able sailors and meat sacks alike... Danger should set them all straight..." Izog inquired before looking at the carpenter, "Aye sailor... Danger, plenty of it. The sea is no place for cowards"

sitanomoto sitanomoto Verona Mystice Verona Mystice

Izog
Izog couldn't help but give a small orcish smile. Their would be danger, their would be water and of course more fresh meat to torment. What could he possibly way more? He was disappointed it would be so long to set sail however it was better than never. Treasure and blood was to come, his next great adventure on the wooden coffin.

""Aye captain... The crew is full of able sailors and meat sacks alike... Danger should set them all straight..." Izog inquired before looking at the carpenter, "Aye sailor... Danger, plenty of it. The sea is no place for cowards"

sitanomoto sitanomoto Verona Mystice Verona Mystice
"I'm....I'm no coward! I can handle it...I just....w-worry about everyone else, you know?" Verona stuttered, rubbing her arm nervously. What mess had she gotten herself into this time? Poor girl...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back