• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pirate Themed RP?

RiderontheStorm

Hey, I'm new to the site and everything and I don't really know how everything works quite yet... BUT. I would like to make a suggestion, if you would hear me out c:

I'm thinking of a Pirate themed roleplay, with a bunch of players as each member of the crew and so on, each member has certain tasks to complete, or would face the consequences!

I haven't really thought too much into it, as you can see, so would anyone like to add in their input? Does it sound like a good idea or...?

OmegaChildren said:
Hey, I'm new to the site and everything and I don't really know how everything works quite yet... BUT. I would like to make a suggestion, if you would hear me out c:
I'm thinking of a Pirate themed roleplay, with a bunch of players as each member of the crew and so on, each member has certain tasks to complete, or would face the consequences!

I haven't really thought too much into it, as you can see, so would anyone like to add in their input? Does it sound like a good idea or...?
You should post this in Looking for Players :P .

OmegaChildren said:
Alright c': I'll probably get around to it, bahaha. It's just sorta open for discussion.
Ah okay.

@Miz, @Pineapple, have some really good experience with Pirate Themed RPs, maybe they could pitch in.

7th Sea is a system game set in the mythic world of Théah. With 11 different distinct nations and over a dozen smaller groups within those nations, the scope for character creation is immense. Never played it myself, but I've always enjoyed what I've read about the setting.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]7th Sea is a system game set in the mythic world of Théah. With 11 different distinct nations and over a dozen smaller groups within those nations, the scope for character creation is immense. Never played it myself, but I've always enjoyed what I've read about the setting.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
That sounds pretty great, I might look into it :o

Pirate theme roleplays, system or no system ( I prefer no system). I always love them.

Especially if they have pseudo-magic, kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean. However I will take an extremely realistic pirate game or a fantasy based one.

Miz said:
Pirate theme roleplays, system or no system ( I prefer no system). I always love them.
Especially if they have pseudo-magic, kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean. However I will take an extremely realistic pirate game or a fantasy based one.
That's what I had in mind c:

I'm not sure whether I want more of a realistic or a fantasy kind of RP though, because I really dig both, haha. But yeah I prefer without a system, I don't understand the systems xD

It's good to hear people are interested c:

I agree, 7th Sea was a good system for pirate (as well as many other things including magic). I've also played Abney Park's Airship Pirates, which is an alternate future steam punk setting (no magic).The Star Wars systems lend themselves to Space Pirates, the WEG d6 system had a book called Pirates and Privateers. There are also free versions of the d6 system available on Drive Thru RPG which include Space, Modern (called Adventure), and Fantasy settings (these are worth checking out because they are free).

Another possibility that would take some effort would be to use a combination of the different White Wolf games. Hashing together Mage the Dark Ages, Werewolf the Wild West, Wraith, and Victorian Age Vampire would allow for a good range of characters. It would be a lot of effort to work out what limits should be set on which creature types, but it could also be valuable source materials for a different setting.

Then there is Exalted, which I would suggest you limit the characters to being Humans, Enlightened Humans, or Half-Castes. Of course, in the interest of being a "fair" ST, you would want to limit their opponents to Essence 3 or 4 if you decide to use an Exalted.

If you are going system-less, it leaves everything open to you as the GM as to what you will allow your players to have access to and allow them to do. The key here is to determine how you will judge what can happen and what can't happen within your story. The trick is to do so without making everything seem railroaded into your plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back