• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy PINE/\PEAKS

Panzer

Suffering
(For those who want to listen to some music in the background: CTRL + Click on me!)
Deerhead Studios Presents...

PINEPEAKS

Welcome to the neighborhood, where absolutely nothing wacky, weird, or mysterious ever occures
The trees sway and shake as the nightly wind whispers through their bark, illuminated the glow of the nearby town. The sounds of creaks and metal were occasionally interrupted by the growl of running cars or any sort of lively sounds from the town. It was rather ordinary in appearance, The buildings are strung together in rows with matching heights and a variety of different colors; like rows of multi-colored teeth. Mountain peaks stab the sky in the distance, surrounding this ol’ town in its embrace. The fresh scent of burning asphalt and engine smoke still greets commoners as they venture out into this suburb, residing under the towering shadow of its buildings. This town holds a certain group of peculiar people: those who have either led adventures into their daily lives or simply doze-off in the trash bin behind their own neighborhood’s Long-Mart. Make no mistake, T̛͜͢h̵̶̨̀͢i̸̕̕͝s̶͞ ̸̵̛́į̵̀̕ş́̕͜͞ ͠a҉͏̷n͜͡ ̢҉o̸̸͠҉r҉̵͘͘d̶̢́i̷̸̡͞͠ń̵̨á̛͘ŕ̶̡̢ỳ̡͏́͡ ̸͢͜t̴̴̨͘o̕͟w̷ǹ͟, full of peculiar people.

Out of the bunch, our cast hails from the neighborhood cradled in this urban environment: Kids, Teens, Adults, and even pets, all have one thing in common: They have their own dramas, misadventures, and yes- even secrets. Machines with child-like complexion and soul, beasts or undead lurking from within familiar eyes, that other thing that one just can’t quite catch a glimpse of, Aliens, Monsters, and Ghosts Galore! - this here is a little dark comedy cartoon, with its wholesomeness front and stage- while the comedy kinda takes the spotlight and the lives of our characters rot behind the scenes. Self-discovery, wackiness, drama- what's not to love about this little ol’ thing?

Melodramatic intro aside, I wish to welcome you to this little piece of mine. After what felt like 9 years in development, and after wearing down all of my RPN friends for months on end- hopefully, it would have been worth the wait. If any of you have seen Gravity Falls (you don’t have to have viewed it to join, I’m just setting an example), then you would have a basic idea of half of the general workings- the other half resides with Z-toons and their works in webcomics. I kinda combined them here: the silly cartoony aspect of slice-of-life from Z-toons and a bit of the on-the-nose- edginess, integrated into a setting and plot similar to Gravity falls; A paranormal thingy filled with humor and clever little-written episodes. We’ve been working this for a while- and I have been experimenting with the different levels required to run something like this. Needless to say: I’m super excited to finally get this going, and I hope you are too!

To put this simply: Our cast will consist of a number of residences and family that live in the neighborhood, and this RP will explore their daily lives and misadventures that come along with being what or who they are. It mostly focuses on Comedy and casual writing, but I will be keeping a careful eye on this- since I am mostly serious about keeping this afloat. Before I get this- NO, THIS IS NOT RIVERDALE. I want to avoid what I’d call “Riverdale” writing, since this is mostly trying to take the spirit of cartoons and web-comics, so it’s not much of a semi-realistic hyper-serious TV drama. This is simply a little casual fast-paced RP, so big LONG overdrawn prose is kinda not needed. OF course, your text needs to be legible, but otherwise please don’t bog down the pace with long over-detailed writing essays. Essays are not only long and unbearable but also boring- as evident by your drooping eyes as you read this essay that I’ve written.
That's right…
You probably didn’t know that I could see you. But I can. I can see you perfectly fine. We are friends, after all… and I like to keep my friends company.

You probably didn’t read all of this- but hey, if ya did, then you are an excellent little watermelon. Write something about a watermelon in your interest post below if you’re interested! This rp will be taking place in RPN, however, we do have our own discord server for OOC chats and discussion!
Discord is highly recommended, however, this rp will take place on RPN

l

Da Roolz

The number one rule: “Why?”: Believability is a core part in keeping this afloat, as unbelievable as that sounds.

The mandatory: RPN and common rules apply to both IC and OOC. Please be considerate of others!
If you see something that other Rps may not tolerate, please contact me or my helpers! Otherwise, if we see something, We'll contact yaa!

Be the Wiki: This is set up to follow the restrictions and proportions of a Cartoon, hence why the pages are set up to appear like Wiki pages. That said, While a base-level of information is given to the players, the world will unravel as things are introduced. This type of writing should be reflected in the CS and Lore- Instead of dryly stating the backstories or quirks of a character, they should be introduced dynamically- making Sign-ups easier and creating a more dynamic way to learning about a character or place. Players will also be able to introduce their own pieces into the world as the plot demands. However, these will be under the close supervision of the GM and the Council. There are Limits to this of course- as one is not able to manipulate time and space itself.

A word on your character: This RP is not the only plot driven, but this also happens to be character driven. Being a good a comical little series in itself, it is highly expected that you build your characters with a that in mind…

Agency: Your character needs to stand on its own two legs. Don't sit idly by and rely on the interactions of another door character can be a mellow one, but it is asked that your character is also able to spark interactions with others or is orchestrated in a way that provides enough fuel to interaction-fire! If you (or the council) feel that your character may not be as dynamic or fun, we will be happy to assist in fixing the issue.

Relationships: This is based on a TV show, so Shipping might be a bit common. Please be considerate of others and do not force anyone into a ship if they feel uncomfortable with it. Do not write anything above PG-13, and standard rules of common sense apply. If this is broken, we will contact you privately and sort out the problem.

Pets: Everybody wants to be a cat, or so we've heard. Fortunately, such a character is acceptable amid the ranks of the roster! These pets are far more intelligent- capable of high problem-solving. Like little humans trapped in the bodies of pets, They may have some similar thoughts, however, they cannot communicate to the humans. They are still kept as their loyal companions, blissfully unaware of their pet's plots...
Da Lore Roolz

Lore: Lore would expand more as the Cartoon series goes on, with new Locations and history being revealed in IC before being written down into our Catalog and our Wiki. We advise that you do the same for your character(s)’s lore, as that could be vital to telling your character’s story. These things must follow a certain set of rules:

• No matter the scale of this implementation, one should consult the GM or Co-GM
  • It should fit into the dialog/plot easily, or to the best of one's ability. This is mostly left up to the Player to implement them into the story as they see fit: Either subtle or otherwise.
  • It shouldn’t be too outrageous, grotesque, or anything of the sort. If you think your tidbit is a bit too much, consult the GM or Co-GM.
  • Try not to bring other characters into it unless given permission. You might take them out of character. This is exempt under the occasion that the character is either Lying or expressing a point of view- but do keep in mind that these will rarely be set in stone.

For the few selected Monsters:
To ensure that the Title of “Monster” keeps its sake by being RARE and SINISTER, Monsters will now be chosen via selection and request. If a player wishes their character to be anything grotesque or referred to as a monster (like Vampires and Werewolves), you will have to consult the GM and the Council and state your case and plans for this creature. Keep in mind: in order to partake in the usual stuff, your creature will have to hide behind a humanoid appearance as to give your creature the chance to hide their monstrous form and still partake in the human life.

ANYTHING that can be considered Paranormal or otherwise Magical will have to be reviewed by the Council. While this may seem tedious and paranoid at first, this is to ensure that players with these things aren't common (which ruins the whole aspect of having these things) and keeping this RP’s cast somewhat based in a believable world. Still, if your plans are deemed well-thought out and your reasons are decent, the council may grant you this power. Use this wisely.

Bites, Infection, and the spread of Curses

Curses which originally transfer by a bite or other forms will not work anymore unless specifically declared. This is just to ensure that players aren't going around making people into vampires or werewolves without their permission. Maul your friends without worry of your curse multiplying!

Secrecy, and dignity.
Don't strut your stuff immediately. Most of the time, the second identity is something rather horrific- like a vampire. It is of utmost importance that you hide this away from the world, for no matter the devotion, your friends may not take too kindly to you once the secret slips.

Freedom VS Obscenity.
While it is highly unlikely that someone is to somehow push against the small barriers I’ve set (as the selection of creatures is near infinite) However, in accordance with the General rule: you must retain some semblance of reasoning within your work.

This isn't an excuse to write up your “Destroyer of worlds- super mega good” OC. For creatures, in order to partake in the action, you must keep a few things in mind:

1. How does this humanoid creature fit into everyday life? How had they not discovered this form of themselves before this moment?
  2. How do this creature’s quirks work into everyday life? What makes living through this form difficult?

Keep that in mind, and I'm sure your creature will come out perfectly...
Links

Now, upon enlisting your interest, I will send you a PM with the Discord link attached.
The CS is currently being set up- and will be added once this gets enough interest.

l

(Super secret Mention Section: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Probably a crow Probably a crow ithinkcat ithinkcat Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Slim Intoxicado Slim Intoxicado
And others that I cannot recall! I'm checking the roster, and I'm curious as to if you are still interested in joinin' along!)

Interested! This sounds like a lot of fun!
And not a fan of watermelon. It's the texture that grosses me out :\

Interested! It seems like a cool concept. So is this based on Gravity Falls or am I wrong? It's just a hunch that I have. :D

I love me a good watermeloooooon :3 [insert that one guy from vine]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back