• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Piercing the Veil

Byakko craned his neck, nodding his affirmation of the directions. He had never been to the dark world, or through its labyrinth, but had met those who had called it home. The Brood cared not for their ‘appetites’.

As he began the Access, his right arm was brought out, almost like holding an invisible orb of nothingness, his left hand going to hold the arm steady and in place. Great energy was used in this, and if wasn’t careful and planted, it could spill out.

A golden ball of light erupted from his palm, and runic etchings began writing themselves upon his bare skin, made up of the same color. They twisted all around his body, and the ground beneath him, surrounding him in a circle of the strange drawings. -And then the sphere of energy was crushed by his hand, signaling the release.

The transformation was quick, and albeit, violent in sight. It started with his arm, breaking away skin and clothing into shreds of nothingness, as the scales and claws were replaced. His entire self was rewritten into a completely different creature. It took only mere seconds for the Accession to finish, and what was once a blue-haired man, was now a towering and golden dragon. It released a series of roars after its completion, a way of releasing some of the tension and pain of the transformation.

Bex would have climbed on board at that point, and the pair would torn off into the sky with extreme velocity. She was correct in her directions, and soon, they had arrived over the entrance to the labyrinth...

The journey there, Beatrix fought to keep Byakko's feelings and memories at bay. She hoped focusing on her once happy memories, it would help him and her. When they arrived, she jumped from his back and notice the air dropping in temperature. Goosebumps lined her arm and she felt a rush of air signaling the direction of the cave. The cave was the entrance to the labyrinth used to trick unknowing humans into venturing into the land of vampire.

Beatrix pulled back a curtain of dead ivory that draped over its entrance and stepped inside the cool darkness. Shimmers from the amethyst crystals lining the walls were all that could be seen. As she kept walking, snow started rushing past her and she knew they were in the right spot. Beatrix had never been to this world but of course her father's stories prepared her for this moment. The crunch of snow sounded as the other side of the cave opened up.

They went from a shining sun to an illuminating moon that shown a maze of snow covered trees in front of them. Of in the distance a dark castle rest upon a hill with gargoyle statues frozen on it. Beatrix shivered at the cold and felt Jevon vibrating her pocket. She really wished she had a coat but being cold was nothing compared to Jalissa winning this war.

The misty mirage haze had accompanied his revert back to his humanoid form, and again Byakko was overcame with dizziness and the thought of hurling. He was able to rest for a moment against a decaying tree near the entrance to the Labyrinth and by the time Bex had unearthed the cave, he had recovered enough to follow.

The change from hot to cold was so sudden, he caught shivers too, but elated in it. The shift from human to dragon and back again always left his body hot, so the cold and snow was a welcome change. He even allowed himself to fall into a deeper area of snow, where wisps of steam cascaded from his body and a soft gasp of relief flooded from his mouth. He didn’t care if he looked childish, it felt amazing, and a large smile stretched its way across his face.

It soon faded, however, and he stood to offer aid to the Princess, by pulling off the large orange scarf that was twisted around his neck. “Take this for now, you need it more than me.” Should she accept the offer of warmth, he’d wrap it around her, the fabric still obviously heated from his own body. It didn’t offer much, but it was something.

The castle had came into view and he frowned ever so slightly, folding his arms across his chest. “Any idea how we are going to make it up there?”

As he put the scarf around her neck, Bex couldn't keep the redness creeping along her cheeks at bay. It was kind gesture and not one she expected from him. Beatrix looked away from him unable to meet his eyes as she stood awkwardly. Once he moved away she let go of some air from her lungs that she hadn't even realized was there. "Now is not the time to act like some smittened girl." She scolded her actions that were involuntarily.

"We enter the maze and try to find our way out. Its mainly a trap for lost humans who are ignorant." She informed Byakko before walking towards the maze. The ground went from snow and dirt to cobblestone with slippery ice in some parts. Carefully, she began walking through the maze while calculating each step. "Be careful, Byakko. It is a labyrinth and the maze is littered with riddles. Follow my lead." Bex craned her head to look back at him while her foot stepped on a stone that clicked.

"Uh oh" She thought to herself and suddenly she jumped back just in time as a large round wheel came rolling by were she had just been. Her back hit Byakko's chest and she let out a nervous laugh. "I'll try to not get us killed." She said sheepishly as she looked up at him. "The stone I stepped on has a smoother and more shiny surface the rest of the stones. Lets not step on those."

Byakko softly held the sides of her arms when she jumped back, as to give her a second to steady herself. He nodded absentmindedly to her instruction, but was obviously in thought, staring into the distance of the labyrinth. Something didn’t sit well, and while the maze had traps, there was something else..

He tasted the air with a sharp inhale, but there wasn’t anything he could pick up. Just the smell of rotting foliage, decayed bones, and rock, most likely from the cobblestone. Still, something sent alarm bells ringing, yet he couldn’t place it. Then it clicked.

Magic...Shit..

If Bex was still touching him, she would hear the slight curse in his head. But he aired it allowed anyway. “Bex, it’s faint, but I can feel magic here...” It was almost in a hush, as he looked about. Almost scanning the area, he narrowed his brow:

Right then, he felt a pinch on his arm and slapped it. A harmless insect, he supposed, and went ahead, darting his head back and forth between his footwork and the surrounding walls. The skeletons of long dead humans littered the area, having being caught in the clutches of the labyrinth. He didn’t intend for them to be the next addition, and followed Bex’s lead, poised at the ready should danger rear its head.

Beatrix heard the curse word inside her mind and wondered what Byakko had sensed. Then it hit her, the pressure of magic. Byakko seemed to be ignoring it for the moment but she could tell by his body language, he was on edge. Keeping her wits about her, she ventured forth this time keeping a closer look on the floor below her.

For a couple hours, they managed to keep themselves alive in the labyrinth of deadly traps. An uneasy feeling of being watched fell over her with a blanket of goosebumps aligning her skin. "Byakko, I get a strange sense we are not alone." She mentioned to her companion in a hushed tone as her eyes jerked side to side. Jevon had stayed hidden for most of this journey. He flew out of her pocket and onto her shoulder. "Bex, do we really need help from these blood suckers?" Jevon asked in his whining voice that Bex found annoying.

"We can't defeat Jalissa with physical strength alone and even then humans don't even have enough physical strength to defeat the Unseelie." She explained to the little fairy on her shoulder. "Beexxx, this place gives me the creeps." Jevon whined once more and Bex grabbed him, stuffing him back into her pocket.

As they made their way further, Byakko’s anxiety rose with each step. One hand was stretched out to the side in case he needed to shove Bex out of the way, the other was rubbing the pommel of his broadsword. He was ready for whatever had their eye on the pair.

An arrow suddenly wizzed in front of his head and instinctively he pushed the elf Princess to bend over with a hand, they barely missing the other two the went above them. He growled lowly, fangs bared as he released his hand from the middle of her back. Someone was toying with them.

Dammit, and now he itched! A soft scratch on his forearm, probably from that insect he squashed earlier.

“We are surely ‘not’ alone. That was set off manually. -And I agree with Jevon, let’s leave these devils alone..” Of course, he knew better, but it felt good to complain about it.

Then, a phantom shriek of a woman filled their ears from deeper within the labyrinth. A cry for help?!

The cry caused more goosebumps to align Bex's skin. She ran towards the sound of a woman who needed help. Beatrix came to an abrupt stop as she saw a woman crouched on the ground crying. Her hair was black on long, similar to Beatrix's own hair. "Do you need help?" Bex asked taking in her surroundings. The area was open with several different directions to enter back into the maze. This must be the center and a glorious waterfall stood in the center.

The waterfall had a statue of a woman standing in the middle with a vase pouring water from it. The water in the fountain was frozen and glimmered like crystals in the moonlight. The sight reminding Bex of serene beauty. The woman didn't speak to her, she just kept sobbing in a heap. "We can help you get free of this maze." Beatrix told her coming closer to her but something was off about this lady in black. Her hands were pale and she was very slender with a black dress torn at the seams. Beatrix readied her bow out of instinct. "Answer me or I will view you as a threat." She warned the person who she wasn't sure was a person at all.

“Bex, wait!” Byakko yelled, before chasing after her. When he came to the room, an air of death entered his nostrils, a smell so pungent it could have brought him to his knees if he allowed it. It nearly knocked the wind from him, as he scanned the room.

Bones and corpses littered the room, and while the statue of the woman was a sight, the one at the center of the room weeping was not as she seemed. The crying had come to a halt as Byakko entered the space, turning into an eerie chuckle.

As Bex neared her, however, she very quickly stood up and turned. A once beautiful face rotted before both of their eyes, pestilent ridden rats creeping from her eye cavities, insects crawling from and in her now white hair. Her clothing decayed as did the rest of her body, and more of the insects billowed out from her form. She floated mid-air and issued a gross arm to the Princess, hoping to grab her by the throat.

Byakko rushed in, drawing his sword in a ring of steel and metal, but for no reason at all, he dropped his weapon. Shocked, he looked down at his arm, which was now swollen and red from the insect bite from before. He felt dizzy and feverish, and dropped to knee trying to get a hold of the situation. The arm was completely numb, and he could feel the toxin working toward his right leg.

He had trouble speaking and his breath was labored. “Plague..” A sharp gasp for air, “...Lich.” Hopefully she heard him, and hopefully she knew what the key was to overcoming such an adversary. The toxin had now rendered his body completely paralyzed, and he fell into a slump on the ground, only able to watch his companion take on such a fabled enemy.

Beatrix eyes widen, she had heard of these nightmares but this was her first battle with one. The only way to defeat this thing was life. It preyed upon death and sickness. Bad news, there was no sign of life around them. Beatrix used the life force of nature in most healing cases. It made her healing power stronger. It never crossed her mind she would be accessing how to battle with her healing power. The creature swooped by her and Beatrix dodged a clawed hand at ease.

Her bow had already been put back in its place as it was useless. The insects protected her from weapons. Beatrix looked over at Byakko and felt worry plague her. She needed to finish this quickly but she couldn't use healing at a distance without nature to aid her. It would have to be a close range battle and Beatrix shudder at what she must do.

The princess took out her daggers and ran towards the black rotting figure. She slashed at the insects and felt them biting her arms. Being elven, the toxic poison in the bites took longer to take effect. Bad things is Beatrix could heal others but she couldn't heal herself without nature. Once Beatrix was close enough to this hideous creature. She grabbed the woman's rotting face and kissed the top of her head, the same way she had kissed Durandal.

A bigger glow exploded between her lips and the skin of the now screaming woman. It was as if the light was having trouble pushing into the creatures skin. Eventually, it sank into her forehead and the black woman screamed louder. Her body fell in a heap on the ground withering in pain and then something Beatrix had never read about happened. The golden light exploded from inside the woman. The bugs and the blackness combusted into pieces and disintegrated mid air.

A beautiful woman laid on the ground surrounded by Beatrix's golden light. She had long golden hair and bright blue eyes. Her dress had turned white and touched the ground as she stood up. "My curse has been lifted. Thank you." The woman said in amazement as she began floating upward to the sky. "You are a special being. No one has ever broken the plague the way you have." She told Beatrix with her soft melodic voice as she looked down. The poison from the bugs had subsided and Beatrix's wounds healed quickly. "I can move on because of you. Take this as a token of my thanks."

The woman dropped a pearl that Beatrix caught with ease. "I don't need a token for doing what is right and honestly, I didn't know I was breaking your curse. I just felt there was goodness inside of you." Beatrix admitted while she stroked the pearl in between her fingers. "I have to go but you wasn't tricked by me. When you approached me, you only sensed my heart. Take this pearl and let your dragon swallow it. It will grant him more strength and he will be able sustain his dragon longer. Goodbye, you kind soul." The woman explained before disappearing right before Beatrix's eyes.

Beatrix had stepped to the woman wanting to know more about her and not wanting her to go but she was already gone. She looked over to Byakko hoping the poison from the bugs had also left him. She ran over to him and put the pearl up to his lips beckoning him to eat it.

Byakko was practically agape with surprise at the events that had just occurred. Did she just kiss that..? Never mind. It mattered not. The enemy had been routed and he could feel the toxin loosening it’s grips on his body. He was able to lift himself into a kneeling position when Bex came running, shoving a small bead of sorts into his mouth.

“Wai- What the...” Reluctantly, he swallowed it whole, looking up to her with a questioned face. But something stirred within the Brood and it caused him to go back on his hands, gasping for air. He was so incredibly hot and if there was a hand upon his skin, surely they could have been burned. Bya watched his arms take turns Accessing into dragon form and then back again, and with every shift of his limbs, the cobblestone floor was ripped up by the claws of the Kaizer.

Power. Unbridled power was in that tiny pearl, but how? Byakko stood, as the shifts subsided and his body cooled, wisps of steam wafting from his muscular form , a hand clinched to form a fist. A fanged grin spread across his face as he looked toward a nearby wall of the labyrinth, and charged it with a roar of delight.

In an eruption of sudden cobblestone, he stood watching his arm, which had shifted into the arm of the golden dragon: The wall behind him turned to naught but rubble and rock..

“Shall we proceed now Princess? I think I’m feeling a bit better....”He snorted, shaking off the transformed claw, to reveal his arm once more.

"Tiny Pearls pack a punch, noted." Beatrix thought to herself as she watched Byakko and his many transformations. A wide grin turned the corners of her lips and eyes of excitement bounced as she nodded her head. Her grin was quickly wiped from her face as the sound of someone clapping their hands together echoed in the slightly damaged maze walls. A paled skinned man appeared from one of the passage ways with a smirk that showed off fanged teeth. He had long silver hair that was braided and wore a long red wine colored jacket with a white button up shirt underneath that was tucked into some black pants.

"Quite impressive but I expect no less from Beatrix Lenora." The man's voice was like velvet silk and inviting but Bex new better. All vampires spoke with elegance, it was their way of luring prey. "And you, sir as well. Its been a while since I have anyone who can harness the powers of a dragon." He said eyeing Byakko with curiosity. "How do you know my name and who are you?" Beatrix asked with suspicion laced in her tone as the vampire slowly approached them.

The vampire put his hands behind his back to show he was not there to harm them, yet. "I'm known by many names. Dark Lord, King of darkness, the blood King but formally, I am King Dorian." He introduced as he circled Bex like a vulture. "I know you, lovely because I met you when you were just a babe. Your parent's signed a peace treaty with me that my kind would not meddle with the fae and the fae will not meddle with us but here you are curing my cursed creatures." King Dorian frowned at his the last of his statement while he stopped from advancing towards Beatrix.

"My parents have fallen and so has the Seelie Court. The Unseelie have taken over with Jalissa as their leader and she plans to take over the three worlds." Beatrix told him quickly realizing she was violating the treaty her parents made with the vampires just by being here. An annoyed look fell over the King's face and a low growl came from deep within. "I guess I can forgive your trespasses with that kind of news." He cleared his throat and turned his back to Bex as he began to walk away.

He stepped on a stone and the statue of the woman moved on her own to reveal a hidden passage way. "Most avoid the stones but don't realize there is one special one in this death trap." He said with a chuckle as he went to the statue and stood at the entrance way. Beatrix felt annoyance towards this man but he was being cordial and at the news of the Unseelie, Bex could sense his worry. She was right, King Dorian was tense with worry even though he was trying to not let it show.

Byakko glared at the little bloodsucker with his own pair of fangs jutting out of his mouth. He didn’t trust the man as far as he could throw him and by the looks of it, he could have tossed him through one of the labyrinth walls. Well. He wanted to at least.

As the vulture circled the pair, Bya made a point to reach down and retrieve his sword, slamming it back within his resting place behind his shoulder. He hoped ‘King Dorian’ caught his hint.

Dragons and Vampires did not mix. Both thought one was superior to the other. Both were beings of great power, and he honestly was highly mistrusting of them. Not to mention the fact that many were highly proffiecent in magic and mental abilities. Both of which had the Brood at a disadvantage.

A hand reached for the Princess, placing it on the small of her back, ushering her forward. Doing so, he also reached out to her through the mind link they had established.

“Keep contact with me, so I can protect your thoughts...”

"I can protect my own thoughts." Beatrix flashed him smile wondering if he could tell she was only joking slightly. Breathing deeply, she allowed him into her mind. "I don't trust him fully but he is the first vampire to ever agree to a peace treaty." Beatrix pointed out remembering when her father was teaching her of different treaties and rules amongst the three worlds. He was getting her ready for ascension to the throne. Her 27th birthday was suppose to be the day, she took her mother's crown. Elven people didn't rule so young unlike the humans but they also aged slower.

Speaking of her 27th birthday, it was coming to pass in the next few days. Beatrix kept her eyes on Dorian's back but occasionally looked at Byakko. She could feel his hatred for vampires as he touched her. Beatrix reached out and placed the palm of her hand to Byakko's face for a mere moment. It was an attempt at calming him but she felt embarrassed and pulled away quickly.

The vampire was clueless to the two connection behind him and paid no mind to them until he came to a stone door. He pulled out a skeleton key from inside his jacket pocket and opened the door. It revealed a winding staircase that lead to the castle. "I have already sent word to my council and they will be meeting us in my throne room in a couple of hours." Dorian spoke as they walked up the stone stairs until they were coming out from behind a bookcase in a large library. "Wait here until I fetch you. I don't trust you enough to let you roam freely in my castle and I can smell you from miles away so don't even think about snooping."

Dorian had turned on his heel and Beatrix felt like he was a parent by the way he laid down the rules. "I can especially smell you." He smirked at the princess who put her hand to her neck while glaring at him. "I can smell you too but it is an awful smell." He said scrunching his nose at Byakko before snapping his fingers and disappearing from them.

Beatrix let out a deep breath of air and she was glad for his disappearance. The room was grand with books everywhere and couches to lounge upon. "I don't think you smell bad at all." Beatrix stated trying to lighten the heavy mood in the air.

The joke was no missed on him and he rolled his eyes as they continued. “Still. Don’t expect me to like him..” He finished, exchanging a look with her when she touched his cheek. She was so warm and caring and...Crap. He quickly removed his hand from her back. Was that redness on his cheeks a blush?

Byakko growled and took a step forward at Dorian after his comment, but that faded as he disappeared suddenly. He immediately sunk into a nearby couch, laying his head back. It had been a long day thus far, and with the little sleep he got in the tree, he was on empty.

“Yeah, but what I wouldn’t do for a bath right now..”

Bya yawned, running a hand through his hair, “If he’s the King, why do we need some council to approve?“ Another thought ran through his head from before when they were touching minds. It was her birthday soon? Maybe there was something nice he could do for the Princess? No doubt, the last week has probably been hell for her.

"Not really approval, it is more of a guidance thing." She explained to Byakko as her parents had their own council as well. "Wise King's heed the advice of others. According to my father, Dorian's father was not a wise king and he was ruthless. He ruled without care of other's opinions and he was much like Jalissa. King Dorian is trying to correct his father's mistakes." Beatrix sat down beside Byakko on the couch and put her elbows on her knees. "Get some rest. I'm not very tired." She told him before cupping her head with her hands.

The princess wasn't exhausted since she had rest when they made camp. Now she was just stressed wondering how this meeting was going to go. After a couple of hours, Dorian reappeared and sat down on a couch across from them. "The elder council finds it best you don't meet with them directly. You have elven blood and it will make it hard for them to think. Why have you come here, Princess" Dorian informed Beatrix who raised her head up to meet his icy blue eyes.

"Fight with us. Me and Byakko can pierce the veil together while we open it. Whatever army you send, we can enter and defeat Jalissa before she decides to defeat us all."

Dorian crossed his leg over his knee while his fingers stroked his chin. "I figured you wanted that. The Elder council is pushing me to help you. They don't want the Unseelie coming and causing a mess here. Under one condition." Dorian looked at the princess with hunger reflecting in his eyes. "You let me take a fraction of your blood." At his condition, Beatrix stood up abruptly and stood behind the couch were Byakko sit. "How about your world isn't taking over by the Unseelie?" Beatrix stated glaring at the vampire who just casually asked for her blood.

"You realize the fae match us in mental strength. Your blood will give me an edge." He tried to reason with the princess who shook her head no. "Very well, I will not march into my own death." Dorian stood up and began walking away from the two. "Wait!" Beatrix shouted as she placed a hand on Byakko's shoulder.

"I know you don't like the idea but he is right and we need him."

Byakko nodded to her, resting his eyes closed and laid back into the couch. He couldn’t sleep, especially in a den of vampires, but a moments reprieve was welcome. It felt like minutes, not hours, when King Dorian returned, and Bya sat up to give his full attention.

At the request of her blood, he jerked up at the sitting lord, roaring and baring his fangs accusingly. “Always a catch! You devils couldn’t be satisfied with just helping? Of course not!” The Brood was finished talking, he wanted Dorian dead, but a hand on his shoulder brought him back.

“I’ll fly into the heart of the Unseelie army alone, before I allow him what he wants..”

It wasn’t about right or wrong anymore. Byakko was following instinct now. He turned back to King Dorian, growling under his breath at what he was about to offer.

“You may have my blood, in exchange for the Princess’s safety from you and your kind. I give my blood...willingly...” This was unheard of. Were they have met on battlefield and the King drained him of his life, his blood would have done nothing. -But when it is offered...

Byakko sighed softly, looking back to Bex, hoping she would have some expression that everything would be alright. Or at the very least, she wouldn’t be overcome with guilt at his decision. In his own head, as he turned back to Dorian and started to undo his shirt, was a simple:

Happy Birthday

Beatrix was seething with anger towards the dragon making decisions on his own. "If this is a gift, it sucks greatly." She scolded him but Dorian was already up and out of his chair. "I guess you will do but I was hoping to feel the touch of an elven woman. But I want the blood for power not my sexual desires, so I can't refuse this." Dorian stated as Byakko removed his shirt. Beatrix crossed her arms and looked away with an angry pout on her face.

The air was thick with tension around the three and Beatrix refused to watch the blood leave Byakko. Dorian grabbed Byakko's arm and plunged his fangs beneath his skin. As the blood trickled down his throat, he could see flashes of Byakko's dark past which burned into his own darkness. Power started surging through the vampire as he greedily drank for more. The blood was like bitter dry wine to the vampire much different than the sweet decadence the elven woman could offer.

Even though Byakko's blood was bitter, Dorian wanted more and for the first time in a hundred years. He could feel his control slipping. Beatrix noticed Dorian not letting up but digging his fangs deeper. In quick motion, she had him by the throat and off of Byakko. "That's enough!" She shouted at the vampire who smirked while he licked his lips.

"I like a strong woman. More fun to break." At the intrusion in her mind, Beatrix gasped and Dorian took this moment to quickly gain the upper hand. He was swift as he grabbed the princess' arm and flipped her around with her back against his chest as he eyed Byakko. "Looks like I can join in on your mind waves now." He chuckled as the princess wiggled in his grasp. The vampire put a small soft kiss on her jawline before releasing her and pushing her away.

"My council is assembling an army as we speak to meet me at the veil in seven days times. That will give us enough time to round up a human army." Dorian spoke as if he was going with them as Bex wiped Byakko's blood from her jaw. She assembled herself behind the dragon and placed the palm of her hand on the bite to heal it.

Dorian could feel power now coursing through his veins. He was unsure of what this power would entail but he couldn't deny its feeling. He could also now join in on their mind talks but they were strong individuals. Beatrix had already kicked him out of her mind the moment he made it known he could now communicate with them. "It seems Beatrix has slammed me out of her mind." He giggled to Byakko faking an innocent expression his face. "What do you mean us?" Beatrix eyed him suspiciously not liking him nor his advances in the least bit as she stayed behind Byakko.

Byakko, she trusted and found herself becoming more connected to him. Dorian, she didn't trust at all and didn't want to have any connections with him. She was determined to never speak with him with their minds because she only wanted Byakko to have that privilege. "I'm coming with of course. We have to be the ones at the front of this. Three power houses leading an army, duh." He said as if it was an obvious plan.

Byakko growled aloud as fangs met skin. It felt as though his life itself was being sucked from the bite and he was powerless to stop it. He would sacrifice his own to keep Bex from having to be tormented by such things. Red fluid dripped to the floor and he felt dizzy as the vampire lord wanted more and dug deeper into his arm.

“That’s...en..ough..”

Luckily, Bex was quick to pull him off and Bya fell back slightly. He felt almost drunk, no doubt some effect to keep their victims for as long as they could. The feeling would soon fade, quickly enough for him to regain his footing and allow the Princess to recover his arm.

As Dorian creeped into his thoughts, he frowned. It was an intrusion and one he couldn’t fight off. Something he and Bex had shared was now infested by this devil who wanted to partake. Regardless, he would wall his mind up, until the day Bex and he didn’t have this creature to dwell amongst them.

A sharp ring of steel sounded in the library, as he brought his sword out, letting it rest on the neck of Dorian. How did he even it get the blades edge there so quickly? It was almost like a fluttering of lighting.

“I’d sleep with an eye open then, to be sure I don’t gut you in your sleep before all this is finished..” Bya retorted, and the piercing glare that he showed the Vampire meant he wasn’t joking. “After we defeat the Unseelie, I’m coming for you and your kin next..”

Dorian laughed at Byakko as he stepped back from the blade. "If you are just going to kill me and call war upon my people then what is the point of helping you." He had a point plus Beatrix was thinking of the peace treaty she had with him. It was signed by her parents but she planned to withhold her end of it. "When this is over, Dorian will go back to ruling his kingdom in peace." Beatrix didn't want to stand for the vampire but she didn't want Dorian to have a reason to trash the treaty.

"Now if you two are down with your games and threats. We have things to do." The princess looked at Dorian when she said games and then Byakko when she said threats. Dorian never let his smile fade as he glared at Byakko. "Byakko, please calm yourself." Beatrix pleaded with the dragon as she began to follow Dorian who was disappearing behind the bookshelf.

Bex glared at Dorian's back the whole way and occasionally gave Byakko a softened look. Jevon was still nestled in her pocket not wanting anything to do with this dark world. Once they arrived out of the cave, Dorian stopped feeling eyes upon them. "We are not alone."

Byakko seethed, but let the anger within him simmer. Bex was right, in the end, but that didn’t mean he liked it. His sword had returned to its scabbard soon after, and footsteps followed those of his now ‘two’ of his companions.

Past the bookcase, he trailed behind the other two, wrapped up in his thoughts. Between the Bujinkan and now this, it had been a crazy couple of days. Was this really correct path? Was this really destiny? Dorian’s arua was a mystery to him, probably from concealment or maybe vampires didn’t have one? Nothing to go on there, he surmised.

Dorian and Bex had stopped suddenly, when the vampires voice entered his mind. He grimaced, feeling the sting of guilt for allowing him to do so, but pushed it aside. Bya was soon beside Dorian, pulling his sword once more, and tasted the air with a sniff. Fae. -And there was only one set that would journey this far.

“Unseelie...” Byakko growled under his breath, “Try not do die before I have the chance to kill you, Vampire..”

"I'll drain you dry before you kill me, dragon." Dorian words were a threat but his tone made them sound like a joke. He even laughed as he said it and Beatrix rolled her eyes at the two. She seriously didn't want to play referee between them. Beatrix took out her daggers this time as she could sense the Unseelie close by and a ranged bow wouldn't work.

"Three." Beatrix stated before three figures darted out of the trees. They were dressed the same in black pants and shirts with long turtle necks to cover half their faces. Two women and a man stood before them. One woman had a staff, the other had daggers and the man carried a spear. Beatrix lunged toward the woman with daggers who had long red curly hair. Their steel clanged together as if they had done this before.

Dorian took on the one with a staff...a magic user. He could hear them mumbling a spell and he was quick to appear behind the mage. It was like he could turn into air and move unseen. The magic user gasped and jumped forward her long blue hair swaying around her. She turned around and a ball of fire shot from her palm. Dorian dodged it with ease and hissed at the woman before engaging in hand to hand combat. If he could keep her distracted with his fist, she wouldn't be able to cast spells.

A cut appeared on Beatrix's cheek as the red haired woman slashed at her. The woman jumped away from Beatrix and let a menacing chuckle out. "Tsk tsk, you may be a better archer, Bex but my swordplay has always been better than yours." These were familiar people to Beatrix especially the curly haired one. She was her childhood rival. They grew up trying to out do each other in everything. "How could you, Vic. I know you hate me but our parents were friends." The anger dripped off every word Bex could get out between her clenched teeth. "Well we don't all follow mommy and daddy's rules all the time besides my parents are following Jalissa's rule now." At the words, Bex was tired of talking and attacked Victoria taking out as much anger as she could.

Her blows were strong as she felt rage course through her body. Victoria looked a bit surprise at the princess' strength but kept countering the blows. "They are trained assassins." Beatrix let her mind whisper to Byakko and she actually let down the wall inside her mind so Dorian could hear as well.

With two out of the three enemies taken, that left Byakko to take care of the final, spear wielding, assassin. Byakko may have been upset about rallying with the vampire, but he laid his emotions out on the battlefield. Finally, a way to air out his frustrations and let off stone steam. A fanged grin snaked across his features; he was having fun.

The sword danced in his hand, as he calmly approached his quarry, eyes darting for a sense of weakness in the assassin stance. Finally he settled on a plan, and the sword halted, bringing it parallel with his forearm. The key to defeating a spearman was getting inside their range, after all.

“You must be the dragon-boy that we’ve all heard about! I’ll be rewarded greatly when I return your head for those you’ve slain!” With his declare, he attacked with a lung of the pike. Byakko parried, slamming his sword covered forearm into the blade of the spear, offsetting it. He rushed forward, but the enemy leapt backwards, hoping to keep the distance between them, spinning himself and the spear to keep Bya at bay.

Risks had been measured and the Brood now knew his opponent. He sped forward again and another thrust was made to impale him. Parrying the attack would have the same results as before and dodging it completely wouldn’t give him an opportunistic opening. He opted neither, shifting only slightly so the tip merely glanced across his left arm, as he closed in. The spear skewered through his shoulder pauldron, sheering some skin and muscle. Nothing was felt, he didn’t grimace nor flinch at the now bleeding wound.

The assassin leapt backwards again, but Byakko was far to deep within his guard to matter. As he landed, he was met with dazzling slash across his chest and midsection, Bya having flipped the blade from off his forearm.The strike wasn’t deep, but it was enough to stall for a moment to set up a follow up. He spun with the momentum of the first slash, stopping mid way and slamming the half end of his blade straight through his opponents gut, in a thrust that left his back facing to the spearman.

Byakko’s equilibrium and prioception on the battlefield was unequaled, and the battle was lost as soon as the guard was given. He simply withdrew the sword from the lifeless body, swiping his blade to the side to get the blood off, watching as his kill slumped to the ground in a heap.

Multi-colored eyes looked about the field to be sure Bex was safe, but in his heart, he knew she was fine. In some small way, did he think the same of Dorian?

Last edited:
The mage could manifest her fireballs without a spell which Dorian found odd but elven people were weird to him. One ball of fire actually got him in the arm as she created enough distance between them. The vampire was getting bored with this fight and decided to end it. With his unmatched speed, he was behind her and he ripped away the fabric around her neck. He plunged his fangs into her soft skin with the thought to kill and cause pain. Vampires could choose rather a bite was painful, pleasurable or for the victim to feel nothing at all.

Victoria got distracted by her siblings loosing their fight. Bex took the opportunity to make a leap at the woman with her dagger out. It stabbed into the top of Victoria's shoulder causing her to collapse to her knees. Beatrix stabbed her with her other dagger in her other shoulder. Beatrix was not sitting on top of Vic who laid on her back on the ground. She could hear Victoria's sister screaming in pain as Dorian drank from her. "Dorian! That is unnecessary!" Beatrix shouted at him and the vampire growled while he drank the sweet elven blood.

He didn't want to upset Beatrix so he switched up the pain and made it pleasurable. The mage's screams made a change to soft moans as he held her around her waist. "That's why your head will be on a spike just like your parents. You are too soft hearted and weak!" Victoria screamed at Beatrix. Bex looked at Vic with a blank stare before snapping her neck in one quick motion. Dorian had drain the life from the mage who he dropped to the ground.

Beatrix let her hand hover above Victoria's face as she hesitantly touched the now lifeless woman. Victoria might have been her rival growing up but that rivalry was something Bex respected. If it wasn't for her need to be stronger than Victoria, would she be as strong today? She stood up and took her daggers out of Victoria. "Beatrix?" Jevon mumbled coming from her pocket. She looked at the fairy and shook her head. It meant "not right now."

"I'm going to go gather firewood. We will burn their bodies." Beatrix told Byakko and Dorian as she tried to keep the emotion out of her voice. She turned her back to the three before her and made her way to the forest. Jevon stayed behind sitting on a rock. "Is she upset?" Dorian asked a bit clueless about her relations to these people. "Oh shut up you dumb vampire." Jevon snapped at Dorian before flying to Byakko's shoulder. He sat on the dragon's shoulder while throwing glares Dorian's way.

Byakko looked down at his kill, sighing softly. War did something to people. It pit family against family, Brother against sister. It was all a pity that it had to be this way. He sheathed his weapon as Bex disappeared into the forest, offering Jevon a soft pat on the head as he landed.

Byakko somberly gathered the bodies together, bending down and forcing their eyelids closed. A large fern was nearby, so it took a few of its palms and covered the corpses

“I’m going to make sure Bex is ok. Keep an eye on him for me, will you?” He asked of the tiny pixie, giving a passing glare to the Vampire Lord. Bya strode off after the Princess, after Jevon had flown off, moving through the dense forest brush. It didn’t take long to find her, as he trailed her scent to where she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back