Persona Mirror World (REBOOT)

Knight Nate you are looking at to few of the things I said. Look, they need to be fully compatible to be friends, as well as save people. Its not simply year. It is there personality, look at both persona 3 and 4. The groups have wildly different people, but it starts out with people who can get along well, and then builds out.

Basically, taken from the game, there's always a Fool and Magician going around (Makoto Yuki and Junpei Iori; Yu Narukami and Yosuke) which act as the first party. And from then on the party grow bigger and bigger, just like @Chale said. And true, thse people were different from each other, but they managed to get along really well, be it their senior or junior.

And @EuclidAmarok take your time, sweetheart xD

Orikanyo said:
This wasn't what i was asking for.
i was asking, what are we to do besides sitting here twiddling our thumbs?

Wait... were not doing what the game did are we? Introducing one person at a time?
Chale said:
Well, we can interact if we want, but we are not going to be all in at once. That would just be chaos. What you can do, is interact, and talk to other people. But you just wont be prominent on the other side, that is, until you are, witch by that point it will be your turn. Now as far as how MANY people will be there, that's up to too much idea as of now.
This.

Throwing all characters inside the mirror world will result in chaos, because there is only 2 character available to rescue them right now. That's why at first, everyone will go in one at one. After the party grew into 4, then we can put another two inside the Mirror World. And so on.

That's why you can decide whether to start interacting from now, or to wait until it's your character's turn to be put inside the Mirror World

Now, i know that my first plan is to make a roster

Chale said:
1st roster: @Aquaknight@Elikacheese@Mine@XiaoWeiXiao
2nd roster: @ChazGhost@EuclidAmarok@H0lderOfH0pe

3rd roster: @Chale@DGLong@Kalin Scarlet

4th Roster:[ACCEPTING 3/4 CHARACTER/PLAYER]

Here is what we currently have.
But i decided that maybe it's better if we all talk about it together. Who should go first? Oh this guy has an interesting background and regret, he should go first. You can also say it if you want your character to go last.

EuclidAmarok said:
If it helps, since my character technically awakened during the Fall though his Persons remains inert, he could confront his regret to evolve his Persona instead later on in the RP. The act of entering the Mirror World would allow him to summon, but he wouldn't know until his hand is forced so he can act as a navigator if we don't have one yet.(Dunno if aquaknight is still with us) Could work as a later mini-boss. Well, this ideas just to make the intro of other characters faster, but it's your call. @too much idea
@Aquaknight We need your navigation!

My idea.

A new IC tab for people who aren't at their speacial snowflake's "look at my regret and fix me" stage.

So the first IC isn't plugged up with daily life, and people still have something to do while we awaite our wondrous time to get stuffed into whatever gets us into the freaky carnival place by whatever crazy murderer, probably a clown with a mirror, but thats me taking a shot in the dark with a flashlight called story theme.

Persona rps are hard enough to get off the ground as is, don't ask me why, i have several reasons thought up as to why but it's like pokeing a sleeping dragon with a stick, don't ask because it's a bad idea and nobody will win.

With that aside, and my looming descent into a unspeakable maddness out of the way, one tab for shadow world shit, other for school and life related shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess that the problem(Persona RPs) would usually stem from the game mechanics. Mainly the 'day by day' thing and the vast amount of time between recruiting new members that usually spans between weeks. We're not even past our first day yet and several members have already disappeared. That's not mentioning the Social Link aspect which probably doesn't translate well into RPs. Everybody would need to interact with the Fool, but we can only stretch a day for so long before we start losing giant chunks of the RPers.

About when we go into the Mirror World, I'll go with @DGLong since we're both Shadow Operatives. Don't really care when though we already noticed the oddity to the House of Mirrors so 4th-6th would make sense for us I'd think. We're actively investigating the area due to the feeling we both have. I don't know how it'll work though since we're both technically awakened to our Personas already. 'Technically' for me since HIbiki was awake during Dark Hour though I think DGLong's character has already gotten her Persona. Hibiki also now has his own Evoker too.

@Chale

I'm not really the guy who looks into personalities, so have pity on me Senpai. If anything, I usually check background stories. Clearly, others have a better grasp on this than I do, so I'll leave it to them to decide. I do support that extra Tab thing though. It sounds like a good idea for the people who want something to do but don't want to wait.

Just like Euclid say, we could be the last to enter, since we, basically, already awakened our Persona although Hibiki still had difficulties using it. Probably after 3-4 disappearances case we will enter the mirror world

Orikanyo said:
My idea.
A new IC tab for people who aren't at their speacial snowflake's "look at my regret and fix me" stage.

So the first IC isn't plugged up with daily life, and people still have something to do while we awaite our wondrous time to get stuffed into whatever gets us into the freaky carnival place by whatever crazy murderer, probably a clown with a mirror, but thats me taking a shot in the dark with a flashlight called story theme.

Persona rps are hard enough to get off the ground as is, don't ask me why, i have several reasons thought up as to why but it's like pokeing a sleeping dragon with a stick, don't ask because it's a bad idea and nobody will win.

With that aside, and my looming descent into a unspeakable maddness out of the way, one tab for shadow world shit, other for school and life related shit.
This is a good idea!

Main IC is for the story, IC2 is for the daily lives.

Applying for one now

EuclidAmarok said:
I'd guess that the problem(Persona RPs) would usually stem from the game mechanics. Mainly the 'day by day' thing and the vast amount of time between recruiting new members that usually spans between weeks. We're not even past our first day yet and several members have already disappeared. That's not mentioning the Social Link aspect which probably doesn't translate well into RPs. Everybody would need to interact with the Fool, but we can only stretch a day for so long before we start losing giant chunks of the RPers.
About when we go into the Mirror World, I'll go with @DGLong since we're both Shadow Operatives. Don't really care when though we already noticed the oddity to the House of Mirrors so 4th-6th would make sense for us I'd think. We're actively investigating the area due to the feeling we both have. I don't know how it'll work though since we're both technically awakened to our Personas already. 'Technically' for me since HIbiki was awake during Dark Hour though I think DGLong's character has already gotten her Persona. Hibiki also now has his own Evoker too.
DGLong said:
Just like Euclid say, we could be the last to enter, since we, basically, already awakened our Persona although Hibiki still had difficulties using it. Probably after 3-4 disappearances case we will enter the mirror world
Thank you guys!

Just a matter of taking the right hammer and hitting the problem until it works.

Well. As long as it all works out. But I would rather go somewhere in the middle. Not to late, bot not close to the start ether. Mainly because I don't want Angelo to come off as stupid, if he comes in to early, or inconsiderate, if it's later.

My claim is...

high priestess.

Also who has healing?

I do not. I am currently using a lot of things with chance involved. Like high counter, and Apt pupal, so I'll be using a D20 so I'm not complacently braking the game. There is still a chance I could totally fail with the idea as well that was my idea for when I miss/fail and total-miss my target. Now, are we going more along P4/P3 combat? Or more like P5 with the passing set up? This is assuming you people are watching all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chale said:
I do not. I am currently using a lot of things with chance involved. Like high counter, and Apt pupal, so I'll be using a D20 so I'm not complacently braking the game. There is still a chance I could totally fail with the idea as well that was my idea for when I miss/fail and total-miss my target. Now, are we going more along P4/P3 combat? Or more like P5 with the passing set up? This is assuming you people are watching all of that.
Uh actually we are not going to use the Dice. We are going to follow the anime route

Orikanyo said:
My claim is...
high priestess.

Also who has healing?
Checking everyone's sheet one by one

@EuclidAmarok @Elikacheese @DGLong @stepherz345

Oh, so then if its based on the animations, we wont use anything, its just all the persona. I was thinking based more like how they worked in the fighting game. (Battle arena) But if we are using the animations as a base, I'll drop. I hated how boring the combat was in both of them. There was never a challenging battle until it was a boss and by that point they just had to talk to whomever was in the TV world to win. An in the P3 animation it was even worse. Dont get me wrong, I don't think they are bad, just compared to the way the games run, its kinda trashy combat.

Chale said:
Oh, so then if its based on the animations, we wont use anything, its just all the persona. I was thinking based more like how they worked in the fighting game. (Battle arena) But if we are using the animations as a base, I'll drop. I hated how boring the combat was in both of them. There was never a challenging battle until it was a boss and by that point they just had to talk to whomever was in the TV world to win. An in the P3 animation it was even worse. Dont get me wrong, I don't think they are bad, just compared to the way the games run, its kinda trashy combat.
That is because the main highlight of this RP will be the character development, writing how our character has to face their biggest regret and win over it with the support of his/her friends

Throoooough the power of frieeeeeend ship~

[QUOTE="too much idea]This.
Throwing all characters inside the mirror world will result in chaos, because there is only 2 character available to rescue them right now. That's why at first, everyone will go in one at one. After the party grew into 4, then we can put another two inside the Mirror World. And so on.

That's why you can decide whether to start interacting from now, or to wait until it's your character's turn to be put inside the Mirror World

Now, i know that my first plan is to make a roster

But i decided that maybe it's better if we all talk about it together. Who should go first? Oh this guy has an interesting background and regret, he should go first. You can also say it if you want your character to go last.

[/QUOTE]
Ren won't go first as I think it's best for him to at least make acquaintances with almost everyone first before doing so. I will if I have to but I'd much prefer if everyone saw the weirdness that is Ren.

Also fun fact, I actually got the idea for Ren from a character from a visual novel called Katawa Shouju and I think she has the same name too. She's also a painter but I only got the personality from her which is being totally weird. :)

Not to mention your only one letter off from sharing the same name.

I'd like to enter the world sometime soon. I'm enjoying interacting with Ren but I'm also ready for some action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back