• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I've had a craving for fallout new vegas, and a chance to use an old character of mine, so I decided to put up a specific interest check on it. I'll set the idea/scene here as well.

War....war never changes
It's been about five years since 'New Vegas' takes place, the battle of the damn was won with the aid of the courier, and the NCR won that fateful battle. Instead of outright claiming the entire mojave for himself however, a deal was struck. New vegas would be controlled by the courier and the upgraded securitrons (and given their numbers, no one was going to argue this fact), but the NCR had rights to the outlying mojave. The courier saw the use of having the military presence to 'peace keep', while he handled his own devices. The Brotherhood of steel, likewise, were left to their own devices, but they still rarely are seen, decided to stick to small patrols and their bunker.

In those five years, things have been relatively quiet. A new chief ranger has taken up the mantle that hanlon left, by the name of Osiris. He's been known as a 'firm but caring' leader, and he is back in NCR home territory, coordinating missions and duties. NCR presense is still relatively high in the mojave areas, but it has recently skyrocketed at the news of a reformed legion...a womans legion, led by a woman proclaiming herself as 'Bellona', has risen in power, forcing her own vision on those she deems below her and her followers. Where ceasar was chosen by mars, bellona proclaims herself as a goddess incarnate. Rumors say she was originally a legion slave girl, but these are unconfirmed. Men apart of 'Bellona's legion' are treated little better than the woman were during ceasars time, though they are now used as expendable shock troopers, used to cause the enemy to waste vital ammunition so the warrior women can swarm and defeat the opposition.

Due to these recent reports and sightings, NCR troops and rangers have started to trickle back into the mojave, for what looks like will be round three for the dam. The courier, as yet, has been unheard of, and may continue to be so through out the entire fight...or perhaps they will arrive right at the last moment like last time, and save the day?

I'm hoping this idea is at the very least interesting, and will attract some attention. It tosses in some of my favorite parts of NV's endings, as well as introducing a new threat and antag in the year 2286, five years after NV. The character I intend to use is a veteran ranger, though I can likely mesh with just about anyone, after all..enemy of my enemy is my friend mindset.​

Not sure if you're interested in taking part in more than a single 1-2-1 ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles so i'll just mention myself here and wait upon your reply! :D (I'd love to play as a disgruntled member of the former Ceasar's Legion). :P

Roger Roger!

An RP set after the events of new vegas seems interesting. Sounds like a Yes Man/Mr House ending to me. I could cook up a little fallout oc of my own for the rp, maybe a fellow courier or a high roller.

holyman1998 holyman1998 it was indeed a yes man ending, with some changes and twists I've detailed in the thread, along with the new antagonistic threat. Shoot me a DM so I can stay in touch. However, I'm going to be out this weekend, so I can't guarantee rapid responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back