• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder

For those that know how to use them, or are willing to put the effort into learning the classes, I would be happy to allow them

Cause I have a halfling Investigator in mind that just makes me giggle. A tiny Indian Jones with a canesword for all the most important gatherings.

Also, how are we determining ability scores? Are we using a point-buy system or are we rolling the 4d6 method?

I'm still working on that stuff Kami, it's my first time running one of these. I'll let you know when I have it figured out.

Don't forget, you need a back story when you submit it

Oh that's nothing, backstory is easy. It's figuring out these numbers that I have a problem with.

And uh... actually now that I think about it. If all you'd like to worry about is story and not so much the numbers I have a different system that you might be interested in. Have you ever played Dungeon World?

Kami, I'm fine with the numbers, I'm just not home right now, no access to my stuff for them. I'll let you know how ability score is gonna be determined once I'm home

Ok! For those that don't like the google doc I provided before or are playing a class that doesn't fall into the standard classes (like myself as an Investigator) there is a website that can help you out immensely for your sheet. It's called Myth Weavers, and it has a lot of auto-fill options for basic stats without assuming it knows more than you do. It does not tailor it's sheets to any specific class, but it is good for the basics. If you'd like sheets specifically tailored to your class, and you have Adobe Acrobat or something similar that can alter documents, then try this link right here. None of the sheets this website provides have boxes you can fill so you'll have to manually enter in the numbers and do the math yourself. However, it does provide specialized sheets for each class you designate, which will make keeping track of your special skills that much easier.

Also, I'm scrubbing the Investigator in favor of a traditional Rogue. Albeit a rogue with a penchant for explosives, but a rogue all the same.

And with that said, would there be any objection to me playing a goblin or some other such thing? There's a list of other races available and I figured something a little more bestial might make for a more interesting story in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Broken-Angel and @Carmine Magnolia have also expressed interest in the campaign if that's alright. In fact starting tomorrow I'm going to be on TeamSpeak at regular times to help anyone with their character sheets who wants it. Not sure on a time yet but I'll have one figured out in a few hours.

Ok. Thank you Kami. Make sure character sheets are in by Saturday please, just post the complete Google doc link here with a 1+ paragraph back story

Might need to get creative with the sheets depending on what classes people are playing but I'll do my best.

I'm allowing the core classes and some of the newer classes, cavalier, witch, those ones, and the barbarian, summoner, etc...

So just to make sure there's no confusion:

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination]For those that know how to use them, or are willing to put the effort into learning the classes, I would be happy to allow them

[/QUOTE]
This is still true for the hybrid classes like Swashbuckler, right?

Here's my character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=293410

And here's Milkweed's back story:

Milkweed was the last born of three to his mother, but his birth was not a happy moment. His siblings perished during childbirth, and he was born albino and sickly. Some of the elders saw this as an ill omen, and eventually word spread to the rest of the warren that a foul child was born to the clan. All throughout Milkweed's life he remembered misfortune befalling the warren, from small mishaps to life threatening catastrophes, and each time he alone shouldered the blame. Matters finally climaxed when a Gnoll hunting party raided the warren, killing many and enslaving whomever they could find. The warren blamed Milkweed for bringing this calamity upon them and cast him out of the clan. Milkweed wandered to a nearby Dwarven city where he fought to survive in the shadowed alleys and sewers. Despite his slight frame Milkweed was surprisingly lithe for his age, and was soon picked up by a group of rogues that taught him the trade. They taught him to hide, to shoot, and even a bit of explosives for when his luck ran out. It wasn't the family he desired, but they kept each other alive, and that was as much as Milkweed could ask for.

Now he wanders the streets, stealing and scrounging what he can to help his new clan survive the tough city streets. Most nights Milkweed wonders why he continues his life as it is, and most nights he can't come up with a good answer. Yet he soldiers on, fighting to live for reasons he can't hope to fathom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18jvfMokZkeS_lAHGeKeqBeyzUbVI2FgM4rPvynv7aVc/edit#gid=0

Syd's story

Syd was born as a dwarf in the mountains where he had lived his childhood. His Father and Mother was a weapons maker who specialized in making guns, these weapons were very common in his underground home and nearly everyone who was a soldier had a spare or two by now. Syd was seen to be a very likable person to everyone, he was also smart, cunning, flirty, and knew how to get out of bad situations through talking. However was seen kind of indifferent due to him not growing out his beard and keeping it somewhat short, and the fact that he talks more then he fights. He didn't have many friends because of that so he decided to go to the outside world. He had heard stories from travelers who go to the outside world and there adventures. He was fascinated and curious and so by the time he turned twenty five he asked his parents if he could go to the outside world (keep in mind they were all drunk when they discussed this), at first his mother had forbade him to go but his father allowed it. His father told him that he was actually from another mountain and an outside survivalist and because of that he ended up here and met his mother. So with that being said his father gave him his old equipment and a musket, his mother gave him a Axe, shield, and leathor armor just to keep himself safe for the worst. Syd took off and for twenty years he had done good so far, and even at one point worked under a human noble family for six years for saving a lords life from a trap. However he got into a "Relationship" with one of the Lady's and because of that he had to escape and go on the road.

He now travels around learning politics and history on other country's, drinking the finest wine and ale, getting the lady's, and having a loyal dog as his only friend. He welcomes anyone that comes traveling with him or traveling with others and likes to give friendly advice on basically anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back