• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder: Brennen's Bastion [closed]

I only now read the flavor text for the nagaji myself - only glanced over the stats before.

Just looked over the kobold real quick: Stats-wise, there's nothing I have to worry about. Three things to consider, though:
- light sensitivity might be a problem. That said, Aasimar have darkvision as well, so you could decide to act in the middle of the night without too much trouble. Which would actually be something that I haven't really seen thus far...
- typical alignment of them is lawful-evil. Here's a bit more on them: Kobold - PathfinderWiki. If the group doesn't want to go all-out evil, you might need an explanation for why your character, or their entire tribe, is different - I'd be happy to have a character or tribe like that in the game. People still might react to you in a certain way, but my plans would allow you to enter the plot without problems. I'm planning to have a lawful-evil faction in position to aid, so they might be more inclined to deal with a kobold than with others. I was also planning to have kobold tribes show up at some point, so there's some interaction that could work out well. So basically: Be aware that they're seen as lawful-evil, if you wanna play one it'll certainly show up during the rp.
- Languages: All PCs need to be able to speak Common. Kobolds are one of the races that don't come with it by default; and many groups out there have only Common as their common tongue (hence the name... kinda self-explanatory, that one). If your character wouldn't have the intelligence for a second tongue, I'd probably house-rule that every PC in the game can speak it anyway.

Edit: Possible story line for kobolds that came to mind - you can probably do better than that, but it's a start:
For hundreds of moon cycles, your tribe has thrived in the mountains. Now, however, things change. A dragon has shown, in the north. Usually, that'd be a reason for celebrations - a God, pretty much, there to guide you. Only that the desert tribes found him first. And since there's only ever one tribe, that's bad. You know - slavery sucks. Thus, the matriarch has sent for you; you know, you've always been on the brighter side, even learnt the mess they call Common. That makes you the best choice for the task for hers. Maybe a decade ago, there was a dragon in the south, in that human village they call Bah-whatever. A silver one, but this is not the time to be picky. You are to travel southwards, find him and figure out what he demands for his aid. Learn about those who serve him. Make a good impression. And come back with a deal that'll show those desert rats and their dragon friend that it'd be foolish to stand against your tribe.

Classes: I don't want anything that relies on gunpowder. I'm envisioning a world that isn't there yet. Some classes might concern me (the summoner, for example), but that's something we can talk about. Basically: All core classes are fair game, if you fancy something else, just tell me. Most likely, I'll be fine with it.
Yeah, I think the closest thing to naga was probably those shark things or octopus people. The ganzi might be reasoned to have such a chaotic mutation but it's a stretch, and it would probably be something that effected stats anyway so would be a race itself. And I don't think the naga themselves have any race stuff.

Oh no worries about the reasoning and alignment. I think I can get creative enough to make that work. And more than okay with being looked on as not too good.

But big drat about the gunpowder. As I was thinking about a gunslinger paladin kobold.

I have the game crunch of my character done. I just need some background fluff.

Still deciding on what I want to make. Waiting on some of Sils input.

I could also always make a barbarian Ragnar. Though I think we will definitely need a healer. So I'm likely to aim for paladin or cleric.

I just gave a nudge to RaynieTaco RaynieTaco to come take a look at the game. He's running a DnD 5e game, and there is not too much difference between that and Pathfinder.

Shame. If I go with a Kobold, it would probably be wiser of me to find a good finesse weapon to focus on.

Just stay away from any goblinoid or orc-blooded characters. My dwarf is hostile towards them.

At the moment, I'm sticking with human.
The human stats are very enticing.

As long as you are not evil, I have no issues.
Nah, not going with evil. Will be in the good range. Am thinking they did something really wicked, and is now searching for redemption (redeemer paladin) and has found his chance in religion to do something good with his life.

Was originally going to go with a gun, sort of signifying a new start. Something foreign to him and following new ways, with this new way of doing things being why he is level 1 at his older age for a kobold while having fun with a combination of divine and grit.

I can do that with other weapons too of course.

Hmmm. I might go ahead and shift my Summoner over to being an Aasimar after all. Decisions, decisions.

Alrighty - it's late, so I'll get threads up tomorrow - let me just glance over a few things real quick before I'm leaving you folks for the night.
I am debating between fighter or monk, and I'm trying to decide on what race to play. I kinda want to do something different than my usual characters. I don't suppose that some of the more exotic races are going to be allowed? It might be fun to pull out a minotaur or something like that.
Just to present options: The minotaur seems totally fine to me, just in case you feel like switching or someone else wants to pick one up. Dwarven fighter sounds great, though, no need to change anything.
Hi!! I never played Pathfinder! But super interested and I will def learn
Would love to have you, then - also thanks for spreading the word, Sherwood!
Still deciding on what I want to make. Waiting on some of Sils input.
Alrighty, what can I help you with? Paladin or cleric kobold sounds good to me, you're right that you want to avoid any strength-based weapons, though. Otherwise, you'de be really sad real quick, I'm afraid... don't feel forced to pick a healer if you don't want to, though. I like the redemption arc, so that'll work out - let me think if I can somehow add that to my background so that I can draw your character right into the mess... if you have an idea what that wickedness might have been, feel free to share.

They do have some nice bonuses to them, but so does being human. You would be missing out on the free Feat as a human.

I have to read the rulebook and really think but I am happy you seem to want this total greenie in your flock. I will keep an eye on what others are playing too just for some flavor- as you say <3

Just to present options: The minotaur seems totally fine to me, just in case you feel like switching or someone else wants to pick one up. Dwarven fighter sounds great, though, no need to change anything.
Oooooh! Now I have to really think about it.

lol Psychie might go from being the smallest on the team to the biggest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back