• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Emirates Flight 162 from Dubai to Los Angeles departed 0855 Sep 12, 2021 and was scheduled to arrive at LAX at 1415 Sep 12, 2021 with a flight time of 16 hours 20 minutes. One hour after takeoff the flight deviated from course and failed to respond to ATC’s. 32 minutes later radar lost all contact. All telemetry was lost at the same time. A midair explosion was suspected, but no wreckage was ever found.

Nine months later Flight 162 suddenly appeared on the runway of LAX on a taxiway. The passenger jet was gutted from fire and falling apart. The engines fell of the aircraft and broke into pieces. Later analysis would suggest that they had truly exploded. It was an absolute total loss. All luggage was lost, including carry-on.

The passengers, however, were completely unscathed and laid out on the tarmac in the same arrangement as their seating. Their clothing, including purses and wallets, passports, etc was all gone. However they were all wrapped up like Bedouins in cotton sheets. (There will be a couple oddities. Anyone with injuries will have been healed leaving no scars. Limbs lost to illness or accidents will be regenerated. Lost or damaged organs will be regenerated. Cancers will be cured.

Memories. This will be very unusual. Every passenger will have a total of all of their whole life prior to the hijacking. However, the events of the attack will be hazy. They will be able to recall gunfire. The plane shuddered. Some may have seen fire erupting in the engines, then filling the cabin along with a very, very bright light.

(Their minds will be operating like kids with regard to new information. It will be easy to learn new things. This does not last forever. When their bodies were regenerated, their neural pathways were reset. Just a nice side effect.)

Characters
Seating and crew allowances for the flight were as follows.
Pilot 4 (1 missing)
Flight Attendants 8 (1 missing)
Passengers 365
22 First Class (2 unfilled)
70 Business Class (60 filled 2 missing)
273 Economy Class (109 filled) (8 missing)
Total: 377 souls

Economy Class seating was only 40% full due to Covid.
The missing souls from the manifest are believed to be the terrorists.

Note: It IS possible to fill a passenger slot with a pilot, or flight attendant. They could be travelling somewhere.

Disallowed character types
Terrorist (Bottom line, none arrived with the plane.)
Air Marshal (It wasn’t a US based airline.)

Other Characters Types
Folks are also welcome to create characters that were NOT on the flight - investigators, FBI, conspiracy nuts, etc. We might even start a religious cult like in the TV series Manifest. This may create more of a semi sandbox feel to the RP.

Please use the CS format I will provide below. No animated gifs. I do prefer photo face claims.
I encourage everyone to make more than one character. Pick one or two as your mains. Please make sure your character can remain in the US.

I am going to stress personalities. Make them interesting. Add hobbies, quirks, family, drama and angst. Relationships with other characters can be added after the RP start.

Blank CS

LGTBQ
While not tagged, this isn't a Romance. I do not want romance to take over the RP. This is more about figuring out what happened and dealing with the problems that result. It is also about figuring out who the Passenger in 7A was.

Plot
Notice that I specify 2 unfilled seats in First Class rather than 20 filled. There is a reason for this. Those in First Class and the Crew will recall that all but 2 seats were filled. But the manifest only shows 19 filled. Noone can recall the passenger in 7A. However, those who recall that someone was there, are certain of two things. A. It was a woman. B. She was not part of the hijacking.

While I have GM Guided tagged, this RP is partly semi-sandbox. Characters have lives. However, there will be forces moving, both human and supernatural.

Posting
3rd person past tense
Decent spelling and grammar
At least a few paragraphs. About a page is ideal.
Try to add to the scenes. Try to roleplay as if you were a character in some TV drama. Don’t just roleplay an “extra”.
Don’t forget to use tags.

Discord
I will be creating a Discord for OOC.
Join the Passenger in 7A Discord Server!
An Invitation is good for about a week. If you have trouble, let me know and I can update it.

This is still a WIP. I will be adding some notes shortly. There are almost certainly other tags I should use. Also, Powers may eventually be tagged. However, this is not a superpower RP and the powers will be assigned. If I add them, odds they will be universal to everyone who was on the flight.

Last edited:
Omg, I'm so tempted to jump in as some conspiracy theory nut who has all kinds of crazy theories about what happened.

Honestly, that would be good for a temporary character. But in the long run, passengers make the best mains.

The wreckage will undergo a lot of scrutiny. And the government will, no doubt, try to run lots and lots of tests using every excuse in the book.

(Yes, some passengers will disappear much like in the TV series Manifest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back