• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง - ๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต?

Lizy

Lobsters will play no significant role in my life
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

hang

home

in

about

there

roles

buddy

extra

• party down

are we having fun yet?

hang

home

โ™กcoded by uxie, from the wonderful mind of dreamglowโ™ก

Non-Coded Version
Party Down
Are we having fun yet?

Intro:
Welcome to Party Down Catering! In this RP you will be working as a cater waiter for greater Los Angeles' not so premier catering company, Party Down. It's your job to make sure the client's special events go down smoothly, you get the party started. Still, you don't really care about that. This is Los Angeles, city of stars! Unless you're one of the few Debbie downer characters who has given up on the dream of making it big, you're only in this job for survival- you're really in the entertainment industry, looking for your big break. But that hasn't come yet, so you're stuck at Party Down for the foreseeable future. Maybe you're hopeful about your future, maybe you can see your future slowly slipping down the drain- either way, you're in this together. This RP will occur over many different events that your party down crew will be working, but you likely won't be focused on work. Your characters will be balancing pleasing customers with their struggling careers, romance, difficult co-workers, etc.
This RP is based on the TV show Party Down, not many people have watched it and you absolutely don't need to watch it to participate in this RP- the only thing you'd miss out on is my very dorky references! While there are set up roles, feel free to get creative and make your own thing, just reach out to me first to ensure it will work with the group! This RP is not first come first serve but there are lots of spots open and I'm willing to have multiple people with the same role so long as the characters are different enough (with the exception of the team leader for plot purposes). The character descriptions are a very loose guideline, so you should have enough room to get creative with it. Again, feel free to disregard the guidelines and reach out to me if you come up with something else. Thanks for being interested enough to read all this, I appreciate you!!

Roles:
The Team Leader (taken): You never really had big dreams of stardom, only dreams of comfort. You actually care about the job- the customer experience, quality of food- all of it. Unfortunate, considering the team you're meant to be leading doesn't really want to be here.
The Burnout (open): "Hey you're that-" yes, yes you were. An actor who had their 15 minutes of fame. Maybe you were in a shitty commercial, a flopped movie, whatever. It all went wrong and now you're here, having given up on the Hollywood dream.
The Hotshot (open): You're in the overall good looking business. actor, model, musician- you draw in a lot of attention with your looks but for whatever reason you don't have quite enough spark to make things really happen. Don't let the haters get you down though, you're optimistic about your future.
The Comedian (open): People have always said you were funny. So, you decided to try out this whole comedian thing. Now, after all the rejection, you're wondering if you've made a huge mistake.
The Fading Star (open): Star is a very loose term. You've been doing this for a while. Maybe you had a couple small victories here and there but never really made it. You're hoping that your moment of discovery is just around the corner.
The Writer (open): Haha nerd. You're a talented writer... or maybe you're kind of shit at it who knows? Your screenplays have never been picked up by anyone who matters and you're eager to change that.
The Influencer (open): Always on your phone, you're this close to being monetized. Some may look down on your aspirations, saying it's a lower art form, but you're working just as hard as everyone else to make your dreams come true.
The Cook (open): Ok, so you actually have some skills related to this job, congrats. You'd love to be a pro chef but you lack proper training. Although most of Party Down's food is pre made you usually get to make a couple dishes to give the appearance of higher quality food. You're sick of having no creative control over the menu, maybe you'll have to take things into your own hands.
The Singer (open): You have a great voice. Unfortunately for you, so do thousands of other people in Hollywood. You're finding your brand and trying to stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Rules:
1. Adhere to all RPN rules please!! This one is pretty simple.
2. Communication is key! Please make sure you are able to communicate during this RP. Discord will be used for ooc, so please don't apply if you don't use discord. I'm honestly pretty chill with most (non rule breaking) things as long as you communicate. During the course of the RP, it's totally ok if you have to back out, I get it stuff can come up, just give me a heads up!
3. Roles will not be first come first serve! You will have to apply for your character. However, the roles I have listed are just basic ideas of characters and you 100% don't have to completely stick to them. You can diverge from the role's description or even create your own concept entirely (if you do the second thing, just dm me your concept to ensure it will fit into the RP, I don't bite I swear). Aside from the team leader I'm not limiting myself to accepting one person for each role, just make sure your character is unique enough (can't stress this enough- you're allowed to diverge from the initial role description if you so wish) and you should be fine!
4. Be kind! Just be respectful of everyone involved in the RP. If you have and questions, comments, concerns or threats contact me right away!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back