• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Partner Search – Historical Romance

Hello everyone! I do hope I'm doing this correctly, as I am new to this site, but have no fear, as I'm no stranger to writing and to roleplaying.

I suppose I'll start with what I'm looking for story-wise. I'm a sucker for historical romance, and that is what I'm interested in writing. This includes every and any era, although after binging "Bridgerton" this past Christmas like everyone else, I have developed an extra-soft spot for the Regency era. Not to mention that I would love to do a Bridgerton inspired RP (with OCs, of course, not canon characters). In terms of maintaining historical accuracy, I am quite flexible; as long as everything feels fairly period-accurate (the characters, the dialogue, the setting, the events that make up the storyline) I am happy! I do not claim to be any expert whatsoever when it comes to accuracy anyways, so if I make a mistake, please do not be afraid to correct me! I also love world-building and lore, whether done beforehand or throughout the plot, and I would love to incorporate fantasy/supernatural elements if we are both interested in doing so.

I am also a huge hopeless romantic (although I'd never admit it), but I am only invested in a romantic arc when it is done right. Hint: lots of slow burn, mixed with a healthy amount of angst and fluff. The relationship between our characters must be layered and the build-up must feel real. Ultimately, there must be chemistry between them; I'm not looking to write a relationship that feels forced. In terms of tropes, I love a good enemies-to-reluctant rivals-to-lovers arc, full of witty banter and tension so thick you could cut it with a knife and serve it like a slice of cake. In terms of pairings, I generally prefer to do MxF or FxF. I'm open to playing both male and female characters.

I am a literate, multi-para writer, and I prefer partners who can match me in length and quality (in terms of grammar, spelling, etc.), however I realize that there are a multitude of factors that affect one's writing. I consider myself to be quite understanding, but if your replies are clearly sloppy/low-effort and contain a multitude of errors that render it ultimately incomprehensible, I will not hesitate to end our roleplay.

I have a long list of plots set aside, so if you're interested in hearing some of my ideas/what I'm all about, I would love to share them with you! I love it when people slide into my messages and bring new and vivid ideas to the table, so if you have your own plots you've been wanting to try, let me know!

I think that's all. If I managed to pique your interest, please do not be afraid to reach out! I cannot wait to hear from you.

Happy writing! <3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back