• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Parhelion's 1x1 Search

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello!

My name is Alyssa, or you can also just call me by Parhelion. I’ve been roleplaying for multiple years, and writing creatively even longer than that. I’m still very new to this site, but I’m hoping to find some long term roleplay partners and have fun. Please excuse my cruddy coding lol. PM me on here if you're interested, or reply to this thread. I'll probably be updating this thread as I think of more ideas.

ABOUT ME

> 20 y/o female, UTC+10 timezone.
> Semi-literate to literate (300+ words minimum replies)
> I write in third person, past tense
> I personally usually prefer one character per, but I can double depending on the plot.
> I adore plotting and scheming!
> Willing to roleplay here or on discord.

Commander Owens’ gaze met hers, asking a question he didn’t need her to contribute any number of words to in order to find the answer. So much for plausible deniability. Maybe if it had been anyone else… but Owens had been one of the teachers who had taught her to shoot. To her credit, she resisted the urge to wither beneath the weight.

She stood strong, straight backed with her head held steady, as those virulent green eyes narrowed in on hers with an x-ray focus that bored right through to the bone. Those eyes tore her anatomy apart, rebuilt the beating heart that thumped within her ribcage as if it were something wholly unnatural. Something out of place, the cog that stuttered the machine by moving against its engineering.

Maybe it was.

Calliope’s gaze moved around, skipping over familiar faces as if pleading. Had orders been so thoroughly ingrained in them all that they lost sight of what was truly important? People, needing people. These hybrids needed medical help, not a bullet.

Unbidden, a memory rose to the surface, flashing across her eyes as if it were the light at the end of a tunnel.

She was thoroughly out of place. Grime coated her face, her arms, her torn clothes. There was crusted, dried blood on her lip from when she’d fallen and banged it on the edge of the table as she’d tried so desperately to scurry away from the approaching soldiers.

She swung her dirty boots lightly at the air as she leaned back in the uncomfortable metal seat, playing with her hands. Twining and knotting her fingers in each other, tugging them loose. Just for something to do, while her destiny was decided.

There was a muffled thump from the room behind her, like a fist thumping on a table. “Sometimes you’ve got to pick the hills you die on,” Daniel declared, frustration coursing through the words. “Damn it. Since when were we heartless bastards?”

Calliope blinked the memory away, swallowing the lump in her throat. Beside her, she could see the scientist in her peripheral vision, could watch the very slow subtle movement of his arm. Was she the only one who had noticed that? Did the others track it, too?

Owens had been one of the soldiers in that room. He’d been younger then, less grizzled than he was now - and those appeals hadn’t fallen on deaf ears the same ways hers was.
Calliope raised her chin further, looked her commanding officer dead in the eyes. This was her last-ditch attempt, her last try to tip the scales in her favor. “Sir, sometimes you’ve got to pick the hills you die on.”

As Soren secretly took his own battle station against a stranger she knew, she moved too. When everything was changing, she would not remain the same. In one easy motion, she unhooked one of the smoke grenades from her vest and let it billow as she threw it over the heads of the huddled hybrids.

Maybe it wasn’t enough, but she’d given a bird the chance to fly, and a cheetah the chance to run. She let her past burn, let everything she had ever known erupt into flames just so she could be sure she still knew right from wrong.

PREFERENCES
> 16+ please.
> Communication is a big one for me! I’d adore if you had a discord to talk both OOC and plot, but that’s not strictly necessary.
> I'd like at least 2 posts per week at minimum. However, I won't nag for posts or remind.
> A few paragraphs per post would be appreciated. Quality over quantity, of course, but please be aware I’ll return the effort you put in!
> Must be okay with queer characters!!

Now on to roleplay interests...

FANDOMS
> Can be platonic or romantic based.

Doctor Who
I have watched 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
IDEAS:
Doctor Incarnation x Companion
OC Timelord x OC Companion

Star Wars
Not a super geek-y Star Wars fan but I’d say I know enough???
Jedi & Padawan
Sith x Jedi
Jedi x Jedi
Jedi x Mercenary
Rebel x Rebel

League of Legends

Kai’sa x Ezreal
Kai’sa x Talon
Kai’sa x literally any (humanoid) champ
Talon x Quinn

Dungeons and Dragons inspired
> Not really sure if this counts as fandom? I just have a lot of d&d characters who I’d love to flesh out or revisit lol.

Lord of the Rings / Rings of Power
Elf x Ranger
Pretty much anything idk

Hunger Games
OCs only.

SCP Foundation

Warrior Cats

ORIGINALS
Honestly, I don't know how to set this out. I like worldbuilding and plotting, and generally I’m open to most ideas, so even if there aren’t any on the list but you wanna do something, shoot it at me.

GENRES
Fantasy
Urban Fantasy
Supernatural
Apocalyptic
Modern/realistic

TROPE-Y
Assassin x Healer
Assassin x Target
Cleric x Vampire
Cleric x Rogue
Pirate x Runaway Royalty
(TBH, I have a whole list of tropes I like, these are just a select few. I can send the whole list, if one would prefer.)

BASED ON SONGS
Something in the Orange - Zach Bryan
Fish in a Birdcage - Fish in a Birdcage
The Paradox - The Hound + The Fox
Devon - Moonfall
Run Rabbit Run - The Hooziers
Song of your suggestion

RANDOM PROMPTS

Prodigal Detective x Criminal
Bolded is the role I’d like to play.
1. Set in a world where people can gain powers after near death experiences. Muse A is a prodigal, if somewhat insolently defiant detective, tasked with finding Muse B known as ‘The Ghost’, a criminal with the ability to take memories.
2. Set in our regular world. A prodigal detective is tasked with finding a dangerous criminal. Bonus points if it turns out the criminal is framed, and the detective must help find the real culprit.

‘FAKE’ Chosen One
Bolded is the role I’d like to play.
1. Muse A is a healer’s apprentice to their tribe, a nomadic desert people. She is gifted with the power of prophecy. When they were younger, an odd mysterious stranger (Muse B) was found and ‘adopted’ into the tribe, however the superstitious tribe was never fully able to accept them, leading them to become somewhat of an outcast with everyone else except Muse A shunning them.
When the tribes fortune begin to sour, they turn on the stranger, and in desperation to save their friend, Muse A cries out a fake prophecy, citing their friend as destined to save them from certain doom.
Except… the cause of their ill fortune is bigger than they ever realised, and now the two friends actually have to save their world.

APOCALYPSE
1. Ye ol’ basic zombie apocalypse.
2. The year is 4082. Earth has become a technological ecumenopolis, wholly reliant on technology over natural resources, which have been depleted. Until suddenly… all power goes out, and the world is thrown into chaos. Our characters have to learn to survive.

MISC
Powered Rebels
Dragon Riders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back