• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Paragons

Dude. Last I checked up on this there were like five people following. Now this is a little community on its own! Can't wait til it gets up!

A fellow rwby fan I see. Yeah, I think Primans would be a good fit. Just wish you could've written more for the backstory. Same thing goes for everyone actually, like, you're all sort of writing enough to get a picture but if there were actual names of locations, cultures and such, I could make that stuff lore. Helps with the world building, y'see.

Oh are you sure you want me to build on the lore? I got no qualms with that dude :3

Also I've been a Rooster Teeth fan since I found RvB in it's infancy.

Name: Garland

Appearance

View attachment 218390

Nickname(s): Garlic

Affiliation: Paragon

Race: Human-Elf 

Land of Origin: Nors

Height: 5'9

Weight: 170lbs

Eye colour: Light Brown

Ki Sign: Sunguard
Element: Water

Personality: Being a man of the moment, Garland lives an incredibly social life. He is outgoing and incredibly brave, but sometimes his bark is greater than his bite. Garland always makes an attempt to befriend others, but if he decides he doesn't like someone, then he will rarely interact with them. However if one does become Garland's friend, he will get unbearable talkative. Despite being a rookie mage, Garland strives to be one of the greatest mages the Paragons have ever had. 

History: Garland was born an only child into a rather wealthy family in Nors. The town he lived in was often attacked by bandits. The bandits were targeting the wealthier individuals in the town, in an attempt to steal their riches. The bandits were held off for some time, thanks to the villages large militia. Unfortunately, the bandits eventually

gained the upper hand, with the help of a few hired mages. For a few weeks, the town was under the mercy of the bandits. Finally, the Knights of Tirn arrived, slaying and driving out the bandits with ease. The townsfolk cheered on the Knights from what remained of their homes.

When the Knights moved on, Garland found that his family was no longer considered wealthy, but something called 'poor'. Garland's mother and father forced him to acquire a job and earn an additional income for the family. After searching for a few days, Garland found a job taking care of horses. He was to clean, feed, and groom each horse every morning and afternoon. There were seven horses Garland had to manage. After he'd finish his morning shift, Garland would work on his swordplay with a large stick he acquired. If he were to ever become a Knight of Tirn he'd have to be strong and powerful! He'd practice all day until his evening shift to tend to the horses arrived. Afterwards, he would return to his home.

Years later, the Knights of Tirn were holding one of their tournaments to determine who's would be allowed to join their ranks. Fortunately for Garland, the event was not too far away from his town. Garland was allowed to borrow gear from the local blacksmith before he headed out on his journey. Upon arriving at the tournament, Garland found that there were far more contestants than he had expected. During the first round, Garland lost the battle against an individual two years younger than he! Embarrassed and ashamed, Garland returned home unaccepted by the Knights of Tirn. 

Garland's loss at the tournament caused him to give up swordsmanship. He returned to his job tending horses, all while looking sad and pathetic. A local magician took notice in the usually joyful Garland, and offered to teach him a few spells. Garland accepted the offer, and began to learn a few basic water spells. Garland caught on quickly, and eventually was able to blast water out of his hands. The town's magician told Garland that he couldn't teach him anything more, for he himself was only able to perform spells of that caliber. Undaunted by the lack of a teacher, and more joyful than ever, Garland developed his own spell. His spell involved turning water into ice when someone stepped into a puddle. He then taught himself how to manipulate water from a well. Garland now wondered if the Knights of Tirn might accept him now that he knows magic. Unfortunately, Garland knew nothing of where they might be. The next year, someone took notice of Garland's talents. Another magic user had traveled into Garland town. The traveling mage asked about a young water mage, and the villagers brought him to Garland. The traveling mage asked Garland if he would like to join the Paragons. Garland had never considered joining the Paragons, considering how far away he was from where they operated. Despite Garlands lack of knowledge, he agreed to join the Paragons. 

Relationships: N/A

Ki Abilities

High Speed Sprint - Faster running depending on proficiency.

Mana abilities

Water Manipulation - Allows user to move and shape water at very little mana cost.

Water Jet - User fires high pressure streams of water out of both hands to damage opponents. 

Ice Trap - Garland leaves a small pool of water on a surface. When stepped on, the water will quickly latch onto the victim and freeze. Depending on the size of the water pool, the more mana this spell takes.

Limitations

Mana - Being a mostly human and a rookie, Garland has a very small mana supply.

Experience - Garland has very little battle experience and has never seen a large monster up close in his life.

Extra: (optional)

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on expanding on his backstory a bit more to show he he developed his personality, but this is practically finished.

I feel kind of bad for making my character relatively overpowered compared to the other characters that have been posted. lol.

@InsaneAsylum Looks good, there's just one thing you tripped up on. Sentinel is not a rank. Its basically what you call guard duty when a Paragon is NOT going beyond the wall as a ranger. Also, rangers and sentinels will frequently swap duties so it's not a permanent arrangement. The actual ranks are: Apprentice > Paragon > Veteran > Keeper. Given your character's backstory and young age (for a Paragon), he'd probably be better suited as an Apprentice, but an Apprentice will need a mentor. You can either create another charry who's Paragon or Veteran ranked to act as one, or if there are any takers, you can pair up with another person's charry, or I can make one myself.

@EMP Don't be ridiculous, the guy's a 256 year old badass monster slayer, of course he's gonna have one up on these young 'uns.

@Enkerzed Oh I see my bad. I meant Apprentice. I'd rather pair up with another person character for a mentor, ill think about making another character as a mentor, I'm not 100% sure I'll get around to it though. XD

Dude, this sounds..... DOPE AS FUCK!

I would totally be into this type of Rp! Now I will ask a question though, what type of weapons are available in the world and what are applicable to them like say if there is a gun can we use Ki on it or have it be enchanted.

Also I'd like to know if at all possible we can play as like say a person who lived outside the wall like a nomad but has never truly been civilized like everyone else.

@Enkerzed

@Archdemon Glad you like it. To answer your quetions:

It's the usual standard medieval type of affair, swords, bows and whatnot, but there will also be guns. Thing is though, as ki requires actual physical contact between the user and the object to enhance their properties, guns would see more use with enchanted ammunition than ki. Arrows in this sense are therefore just as viable as bullets since they can be imbued with ki to be just as fast and powerful, if not more so, or carry enchantments as well. Same deal goes for bows as they require some actual muscle behind their use and more manual handling than guns, which are basically just point and shoot. Guns themselves can also be enchanted, but that'd restrict their versatility a bit when it comes to ammunition types.

And yes, it would be possible to have a character that lives beyond the wall. You'll wanna create your own separate story and thread for that though if you want to use it regularly, because it'd be a cameo at best in the Paragon storyline, who generally try to avoid bothering the people that live outside of Tirn. Oh, but if you meant just have a character who lived (past tense) outside of the wall as a backstory, then yeah, feel free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so it's taking a while to hammer out the lore. I will still try to get everything done before the end of December, but the roleplay itself may not be ready to go until January. MAYBE. Anyways, I'll let you all know when things are a definite go.
Also, bit of an update, I'll be putting @rumxcoke in charge of the Knights of Tirn storyline. Any questions about that, you can talk to either me or her. She'll also have a hand in approving Knight characters, so just fyi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back