• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Paradise City | Interest Check

What are you interested in playing?

• Total voters

Loxely

ʜᴀɪʟ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
cityframed (1).png
The year is 2018

Saint Haddock was once a booming city, full of opportunity. Whether it be work as a humble fisherman or a tech company CEO woman, the city thrived full of life. Until one day a dark fog emerged and engulfed it into eternal night. Haddock's citizens felt an unnerving shift in the air. Some speculated this is the result of resource mining from our beloved earth, whereas zealots claimed it was a curse placed upon them for unrepentant sins. The ominous fog casted gloom over the city like a bad omen, many took this unexplainable phenomenon as a sign to leave. Those smart enough pack up and escape the clutches of this dying city sought out better lives inland. But for the poor souls who stayed, were presented with new fears.

Five years have passed and the blanket of smog continued to remain unwavering. Despite the decaying city, there has been a rise in an unwelcome population. Mysterious people began to emerge in the populace. There's rumors that they were drawn to the consistent overcast. Others claim they've been here the whole time, only to lurk in the shadows. Despite the rapidly eroding city, it seems as though these new comers brought new life to it. Life that was nurtured in the eternal darkness. But as life giveth, it also taketh away. Although they showed up in reasonable numbers, the native citizens began to disappear in sizable amounts. The trafficking of paraphernalia became suddenly prevalent as well, whether it be weapons or illegal substances, the peace officers became overwhelmed. Theories that this new market was rooted to a new exclusive club, located on the outskirts of town and nestled within an abandoned building. Thus, cynically dubbing Saint Haddock as Paradise City.

With the unresolved mystery of this dark shroud and now the crime rate of Saint Haddock's becoming unmanageable, the Government finally took up interest in what remains of this city. In efforts to assist in seizing control back, they issued Deo Volente - highly trained "peace keepers". This project remains confidential to the outside world, even unknown to the citizens of Saint Haddock.

Now the question remains, will these unwelcomed guests be dealt with or will they have the means to run Deo Volente out of their Paradise City?

Summarized Plot

In an nutshell, the theme is Modern Supernatural. Consisting of not only humans, but of vampires, werewolves, and witches/warlocks. To lay down a foundation for the vampires to have more freedom in the day time, the shroud casts the city in eternal darkness. Allowing them to walk among the rest of the people. Whereas the werewolves have been native to the city for quite some time. They have been functioning members of society, but careful as to not reveal their true nature. Witches and Warlocks can very well be innocent citizens of the city, aiding to improve it with their power. But they can also be a loyal member of the Deo Volente.
Unfortunately, due the the vampire's havoc on the city, both occults are now at risk of being hunted by the Deo Volente. Furthering to fuel the timeless feud between vampires and werewolves.

Currently Accepting
Witches and Warlocks
Humans

Thread Links
Main
Characters
OOC

Last edited:
I’m always down for a vampire RP! Count me in

Would the OOC be on-site? ouo
Most definitely, maybe after some traction I'll make a discord for further discussions and plotting. :>

With all of these positive responses, I'm hoping to get the thread up and open tomorrow! Thank yall! 🖤

Bump! 🖤

Just have to fine tune the city locations and the threads (main, character and ooc) should be up today.

Can't wait to get started!

Last edited:
If you're still accepting then I would be interested 😊
Absolutely! I'm wrapping everything up after dinner and I fully intend to have the thread posted this evening!

Officially OPEN and ACCEPTING!

Respected links have been added to original post. 🖤

Got my character posted! Can't wait to see everyone else's!

Same too, it's a really intriguing rp idea. Count me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back