• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

48d836dc98f85c8f85a797ded1e7c869.jpg
Unfortunate, she wasn't sure that's what she'd call her life, her entire life you knew the risks of the business, she was raised in it and yet to go before your time most would say still was truly unfortunate. She wasn't sure how to feel, angry that they pulled such a move, impressed that they had the nerve, proud that they thought that much of her as a threat. In the end, she supposed it didn't matter, she died, bled out in the truck before she could even reach the hospital. Slowly she drifted away until everything went black and the pain stopped. Soon he would wake up in a mysterious place, it seemed like she was standing in infinite space surrounded by the cosmos, the planets, the stars, all the wonders of space, yet it seemed like she was standing on water. Ripples come from around her feet where she stood moving through space.

"Paola Bianchi, we finally meet again, as all do." said a voice, several actually, it sounded like a thousand whispers, each a different voice, some male, some female, some not even human and yet somehow she would get the sense that they were all the same being, one being speaking to her. "I'm almost certain you know what's happened, you have left the world of the living, all the choices you've made in your life have brought you here. So that you are here before me I ask...are you afraid? What do you think will happen to you after the life you've lived? Is there anything you wish to say?" Is asked, seeming neither angry not pleased, got the being felt was a mystery as of now but it seemed interested in what she thought and what she wanted to say if she had anything to say.

Stale Biscuit Stale Biscuit

Last edited:
hX2bGvb.jpg
Paola Bianchi​

Her body felt cold as it shook in the confines of the small space she had been forcefully shoved into moments earlier. The face of her men, once clear images of scarred tissue and menacing yet respectful gazes were now blurred silhouettes of tan and black. She couldn't quite tell who she was looking at, but his profuse yelling and constant squeezing of her hand led her to believe it was Antonio, a young punk she picked up off the street a few years prior. He didn't look like much back then, a scrawny ignorant kid with a tongue sharper than a knife that often ended up stabbing himself rather than those he pointed at. She could feel a smile tugging at her lips as she recalled fond memories of the delinquent, now a full grown man and her most trusted subordinate, though still a little wet behind the ears compared to others in their line of work. Paola attempted to focus her gaze on Antonio, but with each passing moment she had lost more control over her body until her sight too began failing her. Antonio's screams sounded like low whispers until they were finally replaced with a unsettling yet calming silence. Paola stared into the void, her vision abandoning her, as she took her last moments in stride. She wondered if the stories were true, would her life flash before her eyes as many have claimed before? Would God force her to relive all the terrible things she has done or would he grant her mercy and allow her to die without it? She didn't know, but as the seconds passed and the last bits of her mind began to fade, she found herself oddly at peace. Soon even that thought faded as she took her final breath and let go of the world she once love and the people in it.

Paola stared blankly out into the distance, a sea of stars and planets making up the cosmic landscape that she laid witness to. The old woman was at a loss of words that showed itself as a hand over her slightly opened mouth. Where was she? A dream, perhaps? Unfathomable. Paola did not understand where she was or what was currently happening, but she knew for a fact that she had died. That much she was certain. Bewildered at to what she was seeing, the sudden symphony of voices did nothing for her nerves causing her to jump in surprise. It greeted her as if it was meeting an old friend, though its voices were many, its tone was gentle despite the varying cadences and pitches that spoke in unison. She listened as the disembodied choir repeated what she had already surmised. Soon, the voices began to question her, asking her if she was afraid accompanied by a few other questions before allowing her to speak. It took a moment to gather her thoughts, her old habit of placing her hand on her chin whenever she was thinking following her even after death.

"Am I afraid?" she repeated, "Yes, I am." she stated bluntly. What other response would she have in a situation such as this? Paola was frightened at what was tranpriing before her, the unknown entity that spoke to her as if nothing was wrong. However, her years as a Don hardened her, made it so that her expression never gave away her fear to her enemies or allies. That was weakness in a world where the slightest hint of fear would mark them a targets. Taking a breath to calm her nerves, she went on to answer the being's other questions.

"As for what will happen to me," she paused for a moment remembering her time on earth. "Then I will repent for the sins I've committed for the rest of eternity in Hell I suppose. You know, I've done plenty terrible things. Taken things from people they can never get back. Ruined a great deal of lives for the sake of myself and my family. Although I do not regret my actions, I still recognize my sins." she stated, a smile gracing her frail lips as she placed her hands over her stomach. Regardless of the reason, sin was sin, the Bible spoke of it and she was not above the teaching of her faith. "Though, if I may speak frankly, I doubt my opinions will really matter in the grand scheme of things." she stated bluntly.

Now onto the the last question. "Although I would like to know why I am in this space after dying, I don't think that something I can control. So instead I would like to put forth my own question, Tune es ille qui est sanctus vel diaboli?" She inquired speaking in Latin. It roughly translated into "Are you He that is Holy or the Devil". A catholic, she at least wanted to know of the deity which spoke to her, even if it provided nothing for her in the long run. The simple face of knowing would put her at ease.

The Situation

interactions: Disembodied Voice(s)
mentions: Wandering Fae Wandering Fae

The being listened patiently to her answer and even listened when she posed her own question. To which it answered "You would like to know if I am the one you refer to as God or the Devil. I am the giver of second chances, they who give purpose...I am life, I am death, I am rebirth. I am and I am not, so I suppose the answer is...yes." It said, not making it clear, on rather it was holy or the devil or if it was both. "Here we send ripples, through time and space, through creation, reality and all of causality." It said as the invisible water like floor started to create ripples starting from her feet and moving out throughout the universe.

"However, I suppose I should tell you why you are here before me, usually I would send you to your next life, based upon your deeds, this world is but one of many, some are kike yours some more hellish like in the depictions of your script and some...a paradise. I move each soul between these worlds at the beginning and end of their lives...you have many names and we have met before many times, this time your name is Paola, but this time I will allow you to keep that name, after all, we had a deal, one you cannot remember but nonetheless...I keep my word. This time, you will take on the duties of what you would refer to as a God or Goddess in your case." It said as 3 alters rose from the water before her, each having an idol upon it. "The world I am sending you to is a world ruled by Gods and legends, you once bet me that you could do my job...you can many others, but I will admit you are one of my favorites...no matter where I place you, always seem to live an interesting life rather it be good or bad...and you always seem to accept your fate in the end, almost every soul I've ever made has complained at least once at the end of their lives, it is to be expected...but never you...not yet, not once." The symphony of voices said, seemingly pleased and strangely proud of her for things that she clearly could not remember but it seemed she was being rewarded for it...in a way.

The idols that laid before her took on 3 forms. The one on the right seemed to be of an angel, wings made of light as different weather patterns reflected in its eyes changing from thunderstorms to blizzards to calm forests and resulting volcanoes, he middle seemed to be a soldier, carrying and every shifting weapon, changing into almost any weapon, some she might have never seen before and the last on the left was a beast, something like Chimera or a Manticore with blackish-purple flames like shadows coming from its body and eyes.

"In this world, you will become a God, but if you want to raise above the rest you must earn that power. Speaking of earning, while you may not remember our past encounters you have earned 3 gifts, the first stand before you, in this new world you will be given an ally to help you along your way to guide, protect and stand by your side. Who will you choose?" It asked.

hX2bGvb.jpg
Paola Bianchi

Well, that wasn't very helpful. The voices neither confirmed or denied her suspicions, but instead managed to completely avoid answering the question entirely. Was it a God or Devil? Whatever it was, it apparently held Paola's fate in her hands, so she kept her disappointment hidden behind slightly curved lips and a serene gaze. What did it matter? Regardless of her knowing the truth it would do little more than to soothe her nerves. The old woman remained quiet, staring intently into the vacuum of space, her attention being drawn to the sudden ripple of the space beneath her. The choir of voices began to discuss the reason for her being there, revealing a past relationship that Paola had no memory of, but from the sound of the voices, it did. She had to wonder what their relationship had been, what deal did a being this powerful make with her that it spoke so fondly of her at this moment. Admittedly, she felt a little concerned over the lack of knowledge despite the being's explanation. Reincarnation? Gods? Legends? None of these things resonated with her. She had not expected to be born again, having resigned herself upon death to a life of eternal damnation. At least then she knew that she would not be suffering alone, that he would be there alongside her. Her face twitched at the thought of not being able to meet her late husband, though what guarantee did she have that they would meet even if she were to burn in Hell? Paola continued to listen to the deity speak in silence, the voices explaining to her the new role she would be given. Apparently her previous incarnations made a bet to do a better job at being God, something that sounded blasphemous to her now. Whoever she was in the past deserved to be reprimanded for making such heavy claims, she thought to herself as the being continued what she assumed was orientation as it was apparent it was passing its role onto the former Bianchi don.

Suddenly 3 pillars rose in front of her, each donning a different idol: an angel, a warrior, and a beast. The idol shifted in form while the being explained what they were for. At this point, nothing outside of actually going to Hell could surprise her. Paola examined the pillars in front of her, the entity allowing her to chose what she understood to be an ally, a subordinate, who would help to guide her in the new world she was to live in. Paola sighed, running a thin hand through her grey hair as she went about inspecting the pillars before her.

"So from these three pillars, I am allowed to choose my subordinate who will accompany me to this ... other world as you've mentioned?" she questioned while dull blue eyes looked at the shifting images of each idol which told her the bare minimum of what they represented. The first was an angel that displayed different weather formations and even natural disasters. The second was a warrior with a shifting weapon, and the third was a beast that took various mythical forms. Recruitment had never been an issue for Paola, in fact, she prided herself for having a keen eye for picking the diamonds out of the trash heap. However, this gave her little to no indication outside of one potentially being holy, the other being a warrior, and another an animal. Would it be alright for her to ask for some more detail before she went about choosing someone as important as her guide for another world? By the way the voices spoke to her, it seemed that it expected her to choose without their assistant. It seemed to hold her in high regard, so maybe her asking would lessen its opinion of her. Taking a breath, she had to rely on her instinct to choose the right companion for her. Thus far, they've never failed her, well, at least not too terribly.

"Hmm, I think I will choose this one." she stated, her hand hovering over the head of the angel with the changing eyes. Out of the three she had guessed the warrior would be too involved with fighting to give her proper council while the beast was as she saw it, a beast. Though she has never met an angel before, she understood them to be heavenly beings that provided hope for those during desperate times, something she surely needed at this moment. Having chose her companion she looked upward, her gaze pointed towards the general direction of the choir of voices.

"Since I've chosen someone as you have asked, what is to happen to me now?" she inquired, patiently awaiting for its reply. Paola was unsure of how she felt, being told to become a god and to amass followers under her name, it was all too much to process. Despite this, she stood as the Don of the Bianchi family, readily accepting her fate regardless of how she felt.

The Situation

With her choice made the angel began to glow for a moment there seemed to be symbols that appeared on its body, purple and red markings as if disappeared into stardust that surrounded it her, spiraling around her feet in a circle "One final question," The The said to her and before her shined 3 stars, a green star, a blue star, and a red star, the massive celestial bodies floated before her and shrank to no bigger than a marble...or perhaps she grew larger than them, a visual representation of her future role in things. "If you could have any one of 3 gifts which would it be? The gift to heal those who are before you, the gift to protect those who are behind you or the gift to destroy those who stand in your way? Which would you choose?" The voices asked, again sending ripples through the cosmos.

The other two idols disappeared as well, sinking beneath the invisible ocean beneath her feet. Yet again sending ripples through the cosmos, such a seemingly insignificant action yet it would have some kind of effect on the universe, a clear reflection of the notion that every action no matter how small can have an effect on the world or in this case the universe, what effect it would have however was completely unknown just yet, of it would ever be known.

hX2bGvb.jpg
Paola Bianchi

Yet another unanswered question. Paola was starting to think that maybe speaking to this being would be a waste of time, but the thought left her as three star-like objects appeared before her. What was happening now? Soon, the choir began to explain to her what these new three objects, now the size of marbles, were. One was the power to heal, the other the ability to protect, and the last was a gift of destruction. Well, there really was no other option to choose from now. Her smile widened slightly as she almost immediately chose the green marble, the ability to heal.

"I don't think I'm well suited for this gift in all honesty, but I think this time I'd like to be the one ridding pain rather than inflicting it." she smiled, the irony of it all causing her to chuckle.

At the beginning of all this, she thought that she would be paying her debts in Hell, that seemed to be the only logical conclusion to her life. This old lady, in her years, did plenty of terrible things, some that even she would not like to remember, but she did them. Now though, she was given a chance, a new opportunity to make up for her past wrongs. This may only be a means of clearing her own consciousness, something to make her feel better about herself, but regardless of the reasoning she wanted to trying being the good guy for once.

The Situation

"An interesting choice, very well," the collection of voices said as the other two stars returned to their place within the cosmos where they belonged. "I will grant you one final gift, but that gift is something you will have to discover on your own." The collective of voices said to her as rippled gently started to move throughout the invisible sea, steadily going faster, increasing in number and speed.

"I believe it is time for you to go now, I'm sure you're tired of waiting by now. This may be the very last time that we meet, but the universe works in strange ways so you can never be too sure of anything. From here on out it is up to you." The symphony of voices said as a planet much like earth in its appearance but with a few differences that became more and more apparent the more of a chance she got to look at it. It sat beneath the invisible ocean right beneath her feet when suddenly she sank within the waters, the cosmos eventually fading from her vision. When she next awoke she would be in what initially seemed like a jungle or perhaps a forest in the midst of the mountains, the truth would be that she would not be in a rather large desert oasis that unknown to her at this moment was actually near a small city.

Meanwhile, in the said city within a palace like a temple, there sits a man, golden blonde hair with crimson eyes sitting upon a throne. He sits seemingly bored, probably sleeping senses something and opens his eyes.

tumblr_8884781e3e5ef9c8f714fcb05be130d4_d271f89b_540.gif

"Now what is this I'm sensing now? Someone has laid hands on my treasure...someone new. Not a person...no, I sense divinity a very small amount but a divinity to be sure...is it a demi-god?" He said muttering to himself when a smirk spread across his face "Or perhaps" He then tapped the arm of his throne, summoning a few people that seemed like guards to him. "I need you to bring something to me. Do try not to scare them and be gentle." He said a smile on his face as if he had just cured his boredom.

muiC6W9.jpg
Paola Bianchi

Just as before, the choir’s parting words to her was an ambiguous message that she didn’t understand. Asking for clarification was completely out of the question as a small planet began forming beneath her feet. Just as she thought she had seen it all, now she was literally standing leagues above an entirely new world. Instead of a gasp, she let out a sigh. She was too old for this and regardless of how mystifying this whole experience was she had to wonder if she was truly cut out for whatever the being had in store for her. The thought was a fleeting one as she found herself now rapidly sinking to the bottom of the once solid floor. Once completely submerged, she could feel something weighing heavily down on her eyelids just before she lost consciousness.

“Hmm.” she groaned, feeling something warm on her face.

Confused and somewhat dazed, she unconsciously brought her hand over her eyes. The heat subsided, if only a little, her hand now feeling that same heat that attacked her face moments earlier.

“What…” she muttered, a pair of blue eyes fluttering open to see something shining brightly above her. She blinked profusely in an attempt to clear her vision, a combination of a headache and the light making it hard to makeout her surroundings. Eventually, she could see again, but what she saw didn’t register in her brain. Did that God, or whatever it was, did it send her to a … tropical forest? The presence of palm trees accompanied by various ferns and other strange fauna she couldn’t quite put a name to, led her to believe it had to be a jungle, or at least something close to it. Once fully adjusted, she pushed herself off the forest floor, her body feeling heavy as if it had just been thrown around like a ragdoll.

Paola flinched at the sharp pain in her hand, a small branch having pricked her palm. Brushing aside the pain, she took another look around her, wondering why, of all places, had they sent her to a jungle? Why not somewhere like a city, or even a rural town would be better than being dropped off in the middle-of-nowhere. Well, it wasn’t as if it had specifically told her where it’d be sending her anyway nor did it seem like the kind of entity to concern itself with her wants. If anything, putting her somewhere without properly informing her of the area seemed to be right up God's alley. Paola rationalized the situation in her head, deciding it would be best not to think too much about it or she’d be stuck sitting here all day.

The sound of birds chirping and the rustling of the bushes brought her attention back to reality. If nothing else, she could admit the place was stunningly beautiful. A perfect place for someone to set up a resort, though that was just from her initial observations. Standing up on her feet, she could feel the dizziness return, but managed to keep herself upright. Maybe she had gotten up too fast. When she staggered, she noticed something very odd for a woman of her age. On her chest were a pair of two perky lumps. Were they hers? She never remembered the girls being that lively, not since she was a young adult in her early 20s. Examining a little more, she confirmed they indeed belong to her. Not only that, but her skin was tighter than she had remembered it, no wrinkles or blemishes anywhere. She checked her right hand to see if the scar she received a few years back was still present, but even that was gone.

“Wow, this is a bit too much for an old lady to handle all at once.” she told herself.

With no mirror around her, she couldn’t know for sure, but if her assessment of the situation was correct then she didn’t possess the same body as she did before. As crazy at it sounded, she was sure that this part of her day was probably the most believable in comparison to talking to a cosmic entity and invisible oceans. Again, Paola reminded herself not to be too hung up on the small stuff. First things first, she needed to find some food and water, afterwards she could start her search for a city or something of the like. Having thought out her plan of action, she wiped out the dust that clung to the strange new clothes she wore. It looks to be a plain black gown with a red ribbon tied around the waist to accentuate her bottom half. The top was a bit too loose for her taste, but who was she to start complaining about free clothing. Though shoes seemed to be absent from the outfit as she could feel the leaves crunching beneath her feet. Oh well.

“Now then, I think I’ll have a look around here.” she told herself, walking in the direction of a soft breeze. Where there was wind there may be a source of water, or so she’s remembered one of her previous subordinates telling her. The old woman had to thank him if she ever met him again.

The Situation

interactions: n/a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back