• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Paizu Mountains] Dragon's Breath

Mentions: SoftSmile SoftSmile upscalerat upscalerat NeramoDJI NeramoDJI DSLIX DSLIX rager rager
OOC: This is the final round of the rp. Anything beyond this point is for other rp's and other times.
Time: Evening
Weather: chilly, dark, and windy outside. Heavy inside.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Crysanthara imparts some truth upon the party and then let's the fate of the villagers rest upon them.
Post Listening:

Ancient Dragon Crysanthara's Lair

Novama_a_big_azure_dragon_with_golden_eyes_folded_wings_and_a_c_867db4be-0bb3-40b5-891b-af27d67711d0.png

Crysanthara listened to the words of each mortal with a sense of profound wisdom and patience. As they finished, the dragon took a deep, slow breath, her nostrils flaring as she filled her lungs with the cool cavern air. The molten gold of her eyes shimmered as she regarded each member of the party in turn.

"Your words ring with sincerity and purpose. You have listened, and you have spoken with respect and understanding. For that, I offer my gratitude," Crysanthara began, her voice reverberating through the cavern.

"But understand, dear mortals, the pact was not just a simple territorial decree. It was a promise to protect. The land that has been encroached upon is not just my territory; it is a land that teems with dangers. It is the dwelling place of creatures and phenomena not easily understood by mortal minds, creatures far less patient than I."

She paused, and the cavern fell silent. The enormity of what she was saying hung heavy in the air. "Elder wyrms that sleep beneath the mountains, spirits of the forest that do not take kindly to intruders, portals to realms beyond your comprehension... The old treaty was not a mere land agreement, it was a safeguard."

"Your ancestors knew the dangers and respected them, but it seems this knowledge has been forgotten. The land does not yield its secrets easily, and your kin will pay the price for their ignorance."

Crysanthara’s gaze swept over the party once again, the golden glow of her eyes dimmed with an ancient sorrow. "I have no desire to raid the lands further. I am no monster, and it is not my wish to see the blood of innocents spilled. But nor will I stand idle and watch as the villagers throw themselves willingly into the jaws of doom."

She then extended her neck, lowering her massive head to their level, and spoke with a profound sense of gravity. "I entrust this message to you. Carry my words to the villagers. Make them understand the truth of their peril, not from me, but from the land itself. Their fate, now, is in your hands."

Crysanthara then turned, her massive form moving with an elegance that was at odds with her size, towards the glowing hoard of treasures that adorned her lair. Each piece was a testament to centuries of history and power, but she moved with certainty, clearly seeking a specific item. With a sweep of her claw, she brought forth a small, ancient looking chest, ornate and encrusted with gems. Opening it, she carefully retrieved a magnificent, ancient amulet, forged of dragon gold and set with a single, pulsating gem at its heart - a dragon's heartstone, a rare and invaluable artifact. "Take this," she intoned solemnly, extending the amulet towards the party, the soft glow from the heartstone illuminating her vast, reptilian face. "A token from my own horde. Let this Heartstone Amulet serve as my seal, a proof of my words. When the villagers see this, they will know you speak with my voice. Respect it, for it holds more than my affirmation. It is imbued with the essence of my own life, my own heart."

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E Human

Of course- how could Kyra have been so blind to realize that her solution would only kick the problem down the road? Sure, the village would remember for a few more generations; but eventually this same scenario would happen yet again. Tupu was smart, advocating for Crysanthara to negotiate with the villagers herself; and Abel was right to point out the issues that persisted to that day. At best the party might convince the villagers to codify the pact into their laws in the hopes of it not being forgotten again- but who was to say that wouldn't fall out of favor and memory eventually, as well?

The dragon responded with great grace, even despite Kyra's blundered proposition. Still, as Crysanthara spoke, Kyra found herself bound in awe again, and forgot her shame for a moment. An earnest desire to carry out the dragon's request replaced it as the beast brought her head down to meet them at eye level. And at the very last- to offer them a piece of her own being as proof of their mission. Kyra nodded, resolutely. "We shall guard it with our lives and remind the villagers of the pact they once knew," she declared.

In her mind, there was no question that with this knowledge the villagers would, at least begrudgingly, accept that they had to move- perhaps she would even stay with them, and help them survey the land to find a new home. One that was safe from wyrms, spirits, portals, and a guardian doing her job. And from what she could tell, the rest of the party was also amenable to doing what Crysanthara wanted- Tupu spoke to her with great respect, Sage had even conceded to her, and Abel... Well, Kyra wasn't quite sure what Abel wanted, but she was sure that the fey wouldn't disagree with the dragon.

"Once your message is delivered, we shall ensure that the people don't forget the pact again, and return the Heartstone Amulet to you," she added. A part of Kyra desperately wanted to touch it, if just for a moment- another part of her thought doing so could be disrespectful. Besides that, she felt she was certainly the weakest of the party; and thus, the least suited to accept the charge. Instead, she looked towards Tupu, assuming that he would accept the responsibility of it.

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
"If you say so Mrs. Crysanthara. There's not much more for me to do here, I've never been that good with talking to people. So I'll just hang out with everyone in case they need some muscle." He said, not sure if there was much more he could add to the conversation, seeing as he was more just good for his muscle, and that wouldn't really help here much. The dragon heart was rather shiny though, and he did like looking at it, so he simply fluttered there for the time being

Tupu Maa
BA1046FB-239F-42F0-AD5B-9E9F814B3B8A.jpeg
Tupu clenches his teeth angrily holding himself back from Abel’s suggestion of such a chaotic solution as Tupu seemed to finally understand how chaotic the woman is as she seemed to be an obstacle of the party more than an actual member but he ignores the negative thoughts and keeps his positive mind in check. Hearing Sage play off his eagerness to fight while also promoting Tupu and Kyra’s combined solutions makes Tupu smile feeling rather optimistic about the situation. The dragons overall response was a little disappointing seeing as he won’t be able to ride on the dragon but carrying its Heart-stone is an experience in itself as he felt an incredible warmth radiating from the amulet and the beautiful gem shining brilliantly in the middle of the amulet engulfs his golden eyes with a bright and inviting light. Tupu is then caught off guard again by Kyra speaking up before him and her resolve to solve this issue somewhat moved him as his respect for her grew even more when she turned to him to don the amulet despite wanting too herself, and he couldn't help but give a warm white smile as he stepped up to Crysanthara holding out the amulet. He bows his head and he picks up the elegant amulet feeling the solid but smooth scales of the great beast feeling a great admiration for her again and says "Don't worry Great Guardian it'll be like it never left" as Tupu places the Heart-stone over his head and around his neck before turning to Kyra with a kind expression and approaches her with the amulet dangling from his neck. He takes her hand to place it over the top of the amulet and on his large chest saying in a deep but soft tone "You've earned your right to experience this just as much as myself." He lets her hold the amulet around his neck somewhat looming over the little lady but he paid no mind he was just being kind. After about a minute he tucks the amulet under his white shirt and leather armor to not have the Heart-Stone exposed and hide it from anything that might be attracted to it's alluring appearance and turns to the rest of the group saying " Well we have our plan it's about time to execute it don't you think." Tupu scratches his chin unsure how the negotiations might go but he's hoping he can have the villagers make a change to their village name or appearance to help keep the memory of the Great Guardian in their head even when the next generation comes.
upscalerat upscalerat NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Novama Novama SoftSmile SoftSmile rager rager

Isekai Hell Grade

Novama Novama NeramoDJI NeramoDJI DSLIX DSLIX SoftSmile SoftSmile Uasal Uasal rager rager upscalerat upscalerat

This mission was beginner friendly but you wouldn't know it from what happened lol. Character death. Difficulties working together. Not much communication. All while having nearly a week between each post. While the ultimate goal of the rp seems to be accomplished and most will be walking away with goodies, I wonder how we might improve the experience for next time. I suppose part of it may be certain characters likely need different paces and different rp themes than what was presented. Another thing is creatures like dragons and other epic things are typically not well aligned to 'beginner' rp's. Probably goes back to just making sure the right rp for the right characters should be more of a priority for the future.

Aftermath:
True to her word, the Dragon Crysanthara stopped harassing the villages the base of the mountain range. However, the fate of the villages would depend on the members of the rp as to whether or not the dragon's warning would be heeded.

Rewards:

Novama - 32pts (narrator bonus)

Tupu - 36pts
optional title acquired [Envoy of Ancient Dragon Crysanthara] - Character has met and is now the messenger of the ancient dragon. Those that know of the dragon will give the character's words exceptional weight.
optional asset acquired [Heartstone Amulet of Ancient Dragon Crysanthara] - Character has an invaluable token of proof they speak for the Ancient Dragon Crysanthara and have been in audience with the dragon of the Paizu Mountains. Her will is with the characters that hold this ornament.

Sage - 19pts
optional title acquired [Envoy of Ancient Dragon Crysanthara] - Character has met and is now the messenger of the ancient dragon. Those that know of the dragon will give the character's words exceptional weight.
optional asset acquired [Heartstone Amulet of Ancient Dragon Crysanthara] - Character has an invaluable token of proof they speak for the Ancient Dragon Crysanthara and have been in audience with the dragon of the Paizu Mountains. Her will is with the characters that hold this ornament.

Jack - 18pts

Abel - 29pts

Kyra - 30pts (noticed your attentive student skill was a grade too low to benefit the character)

partial participants:
Echo - ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back