• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Paizu Mountains] Dragon's Breath

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
Sage grinned a bit when he was addressed by Kyra, rolling his shoulder. "Scout? You kidding me? I'll kill em all myself. You guys might want to stay back here though. My attacks are pretty strong and I don't want you guys to get hit." He said, his 6 inch form descending into the cavern, carrying a torch with him, easily hefting the stick much larger than him, his eyes gazing around as he moved further in, ready for any sort of attack or trap that might come with his Sixth Sense: Attack, it wouldn't be possible to catch him off guard, fluttering down deeper into the cave with a hum.

Abel was suffocating.
This entire journey, there was always the warm comfort of the misty mornings and the fresh, crisp evenings. The terror of the beast seemed distant when she could feel the wind flowing through her very essence, ready to sweep her away at a moment's notice. She felt untouchable with the sweet caress of the sky watching her back. But here, in this foul, stifling pit, she felt exposed. She felt as if she had stepped through the mouth of the dragon and had been walking down its throat for the past three days. The stillness of the air in the cave was deafening. Abel had long since pulled the smooth iridescent stone out of her bag and held it in her hand, letting its cold exterior warm her. When they rested, she often listened to the soft breathing of the others in the cave to calm herself down. The sound of air flowing in and out of the noses and mouths of her companions was soothing, like a candle in the midst of a great darkness.

She didn't mind the goat boy's voice so much as she did outside. She preferred the noise to the echos of their footsteps on that echoed ominously about the caves. Abel hadn't spoken much at all, but she listened. As she observed the friendship between the weak little creature and the human girl grow, she reflected on the fact that she had not yet made any significant connections within the party. She didn't doubt that she would be left behind if things got messy. It was quite the tactical blunder on her part. As a result of this revelation, she made an effort to stop glowering. This mostly manifested itself by simply not making eye contact with anyone.

The crevice in the ceiling was a beautiful gift. She soaked in the fresh air as much as she could, drinking it in like a parched child after a long day of playing in the sun. That evanescent feeling that she had above ground returned, and her fear wavered ever so slightly. Again, the human girl proposed an intelligent plan. Again, the fairy flew off, with the light of his torch most likely giving away any advantage that his small figure might have in this situation. Half of her dared to hope he really could eliminate the nearby enemy. The other half desperately wanted to flee before Sage inevitably led the kobolds straight to her.

Every muscle in her body ached to flee out into the open air, but her mind told her to stay put. The optimism of the others helped to keep her in check. She tried to think.

There was a very good chance that the kobolds were too numerous for them to take on with brute force. It was obvious the group would have to be intelligent in order to survive. She looked up at the sky again. Perhaps if they found a way to climb out, they could search for another route to take. Or maybe they could at least lie in wait up above the chamber and perform some kind of desperate ambush if the kobolds where to enter the area. Despairing, she feebly mentioned this to the others in hopes that it could be of any salvation.

Mentions: SoftSmile SoftSmile upscalerat upscalerat NeramoDJI NeramoDJI DSLIX DSLIX rager rager
OOC: Some of you have missed some rounds. Be careful not to miss too many if you want full rewards at the end.
Time: ???
Weather: cool temperatures and always dark and gloomy
Cooldown:
TLDR: Party talks by the pool. Sage separates himself from the party and becomes lost in darkness.
Post Listening:

Paizu Mountain Range

Novama_a_dark_chamber_within_a_cave_that_has_a_single_break_in__e04ffe56-0c31-4f3b-8d88-52955c330c19.png

The pool by which the adventurers had paused to rest was a beautiful yet eerie sight. Water shimmered like a mirror, reflecting the stalactites and stalagmites that adorned the cavern. The air was cool and damp, a gentle mist hovering above the pool's surface. Shadows danced on the walls as the party's torches cast an otherworldly glow upon the crystalline formations that surrounded them.

Sage decided to 'scout' ahead. His tiny, form flitted through the air, his torch casting a faint, flickering light. As he ventured further into the darkness of the connecting tunnel, his light gradually disappeared from the view of his comrades.

Some time later, Sage was navigating a new tunnel. The walls closed in around him, a stark contrast to the cavern from which he had come. The air grew heavy, and a palpable silence hung in the air, broken only by the faint echoes of his fluttering wings.

The tunnel twisted and turned, but Sage's keen senses enabled him to continue his reconnaissance without difficulty. The ceiling began to lower, and the space felt increasingly claustrophobic. However, narrow passages were nothing unusual and would not impede the fairy or the party should they follow later.

Without warning, Sage found himself plunged into inky, slick darkness. The light of his torch snuffed out, leaving him disoriented and shrouded in blackness. His wings, coated in a sticky substance, became heavier and more difficult to control. He would realize he was no longer able to fly with ease. It felt like he and his torch were covered in a sticky, slimy fluid. His 'attack' sense didn't perceive anything and sure enough, sage was fine if a little slowed and sticky. However, he was effectively blinded in a labyrinthine cave structure which would be hard enough to navigate if he could see. Sage would have difficulty making sense of his surroundings at present. The tunnel now seemed like a treacherous maze, filled with unseen obstacles and dangers. His senses would leave him adrift in a world of darkness and uncertainty for the moment.

Tupu Maa
6E08F832-523B-42EA-A6CC-AE380BACFF77.jpeg
Tupu spent most of his time in the cave silent not wanting to alert anything mainly but also because he didn't have much to say his old life mentality leaving his kind self in a monotone emotionless state just because he can't give himself time to respond himself. Tupu shrugs the thoughts off and snaps back to reality when he hears Jack ask about his wellbeing simply forming a small warm smile and nodding at the small goat boy with a soft but deep "I'm getting by" not wanting to cause any unnecessary worry or wariness towards himself. Tupu was perfectly fine just gloating over his cold reaction to tragedy, but at the end of the day he wouldn't allow it to hinder him not even for a second. Tupu then turns his gaze to Abel and then turns his attention to where she's staring getting an idea of what she's thinking. I start walking over towards Abel telling the other two teammates "I'm gonna see something real quick." Tupu then stands beside Abel and takes a few moments to gauge the distance between us and the hole in the ceiling giving a slight grin and asking Abel standing beside him as he still stares at the ceiling's hole "Would you like some fresh air?" Tupu asks in a casual tone forgiving the nasty look from before and wanting to fix the impression also he hates caves especially when they stink like Kobolds.
rager rager NeramoDJI NeramoDJI upscalerat upscalerat SoftSmile SoftSmile

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E Human

Before Kyra could stress stealth to Sage once more, the fairy flitted off into the dark with a torch- surely, a beacon to anything that was hiding in the dark. It wasn't long before she could no longer see the light of it amidst the murky darkness that Sage had so willingly flown himself into.

Abel, who was usually so quiet, spoke up: either climbing out and trying their luck atop the cave system, or luring the kobolds to some sort of trap. Tupu responded by asking off Abel wanted some air- Kyra eyes the two blearily for a moment. She felt as though her brain had grown sluggish from her days underground. Might be a side effect of lack of vitamin D. Or, do I need that any more? I never asked how different being a human here is from being a human back home. I wonder...

Before she could be distracted any more, Kyra blinked at the two. "Abel, those are some good thoughts. Tupu, if you're headed up that a way anyways... Do you think you could take a moment to see how viable either of Abel's plans are? Either if there would be somewhere up there that we could lay in wait for the kobolds to walk into our traps, or if it looks like climbing out would yield us a better path. Though, I admit, I'd certainly have trouble getting up there in either of those scenarios..." She eyed the trickle of light from the ceiling. "But one br- er, problem at a time."

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
Sage pouted a bit at how his wings had gotten wet, the bark on his eye igniting as he began to focus his strength, knowing if he punched the walls there would likely be a cave in, so instead he decided to use his absurd strength to try and peel the slime off himself, figuring if he threw it hard enough it would fling off his wings and let him fly again. He knew his instincts would keep him safe from attack, but he needed to get this gunk off so he could move forward. Realizing he could do the same principle with his torch, he decided to put it against the ground before moving it with all his might, trying to not only get the gunk off, but make the torch ignite with the sheer friction of his might against the stone

Abel didn't show how startled she was by Tupu's appearance by her side. He was much closer to her than he had been in the entire journey, and it was unnerving. The careless mirth by which he treated the human girl's death mixed with the harrowing expression in his eyes moments later had confused her, but it hadn't changed her perception of him much at all. In fact, she was more wary of him than ever. His innocuous and vague proposal sounded like a threat in her ears.

But then the fear came back. One of the first true fears she had ever felt was still thumping in her heart: suddenly she as desperate again. She had literally no other option other than the odd plan that she saw forming behind the human's ever-changing eyes.

Then something occurred to her. She recalled the eagerness in the human man's eyes- there was something that he wanted with the dragon. Badly, if she was right. There was no doubt in her mind that this creature beside her would be numb to each of their deaths. So what was to keep Abel- who would be in need of a powerful ally- and this man- who might be the sort to stop at nothing to get what he wants- from getting out of here and to the dragon at any cost? She pocketed the idea. It gave her hope as it settled into her mind, knowing she now had an extra tool under her belt. For now, she would just let herself be the man's ally.

Abel nodded resolutely, ready to follow Tupu plan. Abel let her fear show. She let an expression of childish fear and naivety fall over her face.

She let the human girl's words turn into a droll hum in her ears. She wasn't annoyed, however. She was grateful. The naivety of the human girl and her pet goat might end up being what gets Abel out of here. After all, one less human in the world wouldn't hurt anyone. Especially not Abel.

Last edited:
Tupu Maa
DD877C05-294B-47E6-A960-AEED982FDC3D.jpeg
Tupu chuckles at Kyra’s words responding in a rather sarcastic and joking tone “You say that as if I’m walking to the store but nonetheless I’ll gladly assist.” Tupu felt odd around his current companions and he wouldn't be surprised if they felt the same as he could tell from their actions and the way they spoke to him. The feeling only grew when he saw Abel’s delayed nod and odd expression of fear and naivety as he felt like she was almost not taking him serious and just giving me a reaction. He almost let out a sigh seeing her response but just smirks for a second and shakes his head getting the feeling that this Abel lady is a lot more selfish than he had thought but since it wouldn’t do anything to respond to it he decides to play along. He takes Abel’s hand and pulls the tall lady onto his back lifting her up by the legs and keeping a firm grip on her. I then start walking away from the opening in the ceiling to then look over at the others and nod while saying to Abel “You should hold on.” I take of into a quick sprint taking about five steps before launching myself up and towards the ceiling of the roof with my exceptional [Jumping E]. I easily am able to reach the hole in the ceiling as I am able to get about my head and shoulders looking out the hole before I have to grab the ledge and lift me and Abel up through the ceiling. After pulling me and the lady dangling on my back I look around the surroundings of the outside of the cave tapping Abel’s hands wrapped around him saying in a joking tone “Ride’s over young lady.
rager rager upscalerat upscalerat Novama Novama NeramoDJI NeramoDJI SoftSmile SoftSmile

Mentions: SoftSmile SoftSmile upscalerat upscalerat NeramoDJI NeramoDJI DSLIX DSLIX rager rager
OOC: Another mad dash of posts near the end. You guys procrastinating when you should be talking with each other to determine what you want to do ^^;
Time: 8pm
Weather: cold temperatures and windy at sunset. Thin air at elevation.
Cooldown:
TLDR: sage struggles in the dark. Tupu and Abel scout out the chamber exit. The rest of the party is left to their own devices. Fortunately, nothing seems to be coming for them at the moment.
Post Listening:

Paizu Mountain Range

Novama_a_dark_chamber_within_a_cave_that_has_a_single_break_in__e04ffe56-0c31-4f3b-8d88-52955c330c19.png

Sage's determination was as incandescent as his stubborn spirit, flitting in the oppressive gloom like a star refusing to be snuffed out. With each powerful, strained stroke of his wings, the sticky gunk coating them began to splatter away. It was an annoying, painstaking process, but the fairy was nothing if not persistent.

As he continued his efforts, he noticed something peculiar. His once vibrant torch had been snuffed out and coated with fluid. The ground beneath him, now slick with the fluid he had just dislodged from his wings and whatever else splattered the space, seemed strangely unreactive to his efforts. No sizzle, no flare-up; the flame retardant nature of the fluid became readily apparent. His torch, his only current source of light, was rapidly wearing thin too from his efforts, its durability reduced in the utter darkness.

On the other side of reality, high above the murky depths of the cave, Tupu and Abel found themselves in a starkly different world. As they emerged from the hole, the first thing to hit them was the fresh, crisp, cold air, a welcome relief from the dank, kobold-infested cave system below. Their eyes squinted as they were bathed in the brilliant, golden red light of the setting sun, painting the mountainous landscape in hues of red and orange.

The vista was breathtaking. A panorama of rugged peaks, interspersed with verdant valleys and winding rivers stretched out to the horizon. Here and there, small wisps of smoke rose from unseen villages nestled in the nooks and crannies of the mountains, while birds of prey soared high above, their sharp cries echoing across the vast expanse.

But there was something else too. A sense of impending danger lingered in the air, a stark contrast to the serene beauty of the scenery. The rocky terrain was pockmarked with countless other openings, each one a potential lair for kobolds or some other perilous creature. Yet, for the moment, they were safe, high above the dangers lurking in the dark tunnels below. With the breathtaking view before them, and the unknown dangers behind, Tupu and Abel had a moment to take it all in and plan their next move.

1682830042118.png

Jack Hayfield
ecdsad.png
Sitting next to the pool to calm himself down, Jack put his little front hooves in the water as he studied the rocks around him. He was a grass goat himself, but mountain goats always interested him. The amount of cool minerals they must see in their daily life alone, much less during travels marvels Jack.

“Crystals, crystals…” He sings to himself as he identifies the different types of crystalline formations around them.

Jack takes his journal out of his bag, silently writing an entry as the rest of the group interacted. He just had to keep reminding himself that he was as safe as he could be in a situation like this. Even so, his fingers would still tremble with primal fear, his prey instincts bordering on unbearable with such a gigantic predator nearby.

Novama Novama

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
Sage hummed a bit, fluttering a bit with his newly cleaned wings, starting to clean off the torch idly since there wasn't much else for him to do, wondering where this gunk had even come from, before he began to look up. Perhaps if his torch wouldn't work, he could break up through to get some light from the surface. So he began to fly up, his eye narrowing as he reared a fist back, throwing his back into a punch towards the ceiling, using his S-Grade strength to try to break the rock open to get to the surface.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E Human

Abel only nodded in response to Kyra's words, and let her fear show plainly on her face. Kyra couldn't blame her- this was certainly a more frightening situation than she had anticipated when they had set out. They'd already lost one party member, and Kyra couldn't help but worry that Sage's confidence would also lead in a gruesome end, especially now that he was gone from the rest of them.

Tupu, on the other hand, offered a barb back to Kyra's request- but still, assent was assent. He was then quick to pull Abel to his back, and make the impressive leap from the ground to the opening in the cave's top. Moments later, Kyra could no longer see either one from where she was sitting.

Now, it was just herself and Jack in the cave, and she suddenly felt so lonely. It didn't help that the little goat was in his own little world, and apparently oblivious to the situation around them. She wondered, for a moment, of whether or not it was worth it to say anything to him- but this was also the least anxious she'd seen him in most of their time underground, and ultimately decided it better to have this momentary relaxation. Besides, she told herself, it would be something nice to talk with him about once their journey resumed.

Tupu Maa
06B35CB3-C760-4DC6-9014-C76C96E0B3A0.jpeg
Once the taller woman hops off Tupu's back he immediately took a deep breath to take in the beautiful view in front of him as the fresh and clean air cleanses his nostrils of the smell of Kobolds from inside the caves. He takes a deep breath to take it all in and exhales saying to himself "Should've did this awhile ago." Tupu sighed deeply as despite the view his sensitive sense of smell could still pick up on the kobolds in the crevices of the rocky terrain under his feet making him snap back into his focused state of mind. He turns around and looks at Abel for a few seconds trying to think of something to say but he can't seem to find any words so he just shakes his head and turns back around to carefully walk along the rocks peeking slightly into each opening down into the caves below he could find. The holes and crevices he peeked through we're either empty or too dark to discern anything which made him quickly move along not wanting to find out what may be waiting in the darkness. He walked for about a minute before turning back to Abel again before quickly [Jumping E] about 10 yards in front of her again saying casually "So miss lady mind me asking what's your deal before I bring the others up." Tupu decides to confront Abel about the distasteful expression she made from before as he crouches in front of the crevice they came through earlier and looks down at Jack and Kyra idly waiting inside the tunnel looking rather bored and anxious by themselves. He calls out to them saying in a deep and echoing voice that has a hint of friendly tone "Hey it's pretty nice up here if you want I can come back down and bring yaw up one at a time, so you guys are gonna have to decide who's gonna go first." Tupu decides to make them choose who is going to use him to get out of the tunnels first as he questions Abel from before not really expecting a honest or straightforward answer but asking regardless hoping for the best.
Novama Novama SoftSmile SoftSmile upscalerat upscalerat rager rager NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

She almost ripped away her hand when Tupu took it. It was an unnatural, unpredictable, unprecedented action that she did could not even initially compute. However, she held on unflinchingly. The fear of the Kobolds had not left her.

As she held onto him, about every nerve in her body screamed in protest, begging her to get away as fast as she could. She had never thought that she would ever end up here, holding onto of them. Clutching, really. Lest she fall headfirst in the cave and potentially smash her skull in. She held on tight, gritting her teeth in desperate determination, trying to swallow the turmoil howling within her as Tupu began to run.

But when he leapt, the rush of air that flowed around them so suddenly and so rigorously lulled her that the fire inside her veins was almost extinguished. The longest period of time that she had gone without the wind in her hair was finished. The hot, dank dampness that had uncomfortably plastered her hair to the nape of her neck vanished along with at least half of her anxieties as they soared for those few seconds.

This relief couldn't compare to the euphoria of the surface. Wind, real wind, hit her. The skies bled with red clouds moving to and fro by the power of the breeze that flowed once more beside her. The secret chords woven into the music of the universe rang within her ears- all was again in accordance.

Almost all.

Abel turned to behold the human. He was saying something, but the wind in her ears was just so delightful. She tried to ignore him; to hold on to this bliss for just a moment longer- but it was no use. He walked away to go look at the floor, and she suddenly remembered how close she was to him moments earlier. A sneer curled the side of her lip while she absent-mindedly swiped at her skirt as if it had loose dirt on it.

The melody of the wind was disturbed once again when the man asked his question. She became frightened. What had she done to invoke this? What part of her facade had failed? She suddenly felt exposed. A disturbing realization crept up in the back of her mind; there was nothing to stop him from killing her at any moment. He belonged to the depraved species, after all- not only this, but he was one who proved that he had no problem with the notion of death. She realized suddenly that she couldn't slip up. Desperate, she forced composure upon herself. She took a deep breath and looked him in the eye, letting the fresh air fuel her.

"I'm sorry," she said softly, leaving a trace of sadness in her voice. "I'm... not of this world." Her mind raced for more words to say to satisfy his question, blurring truths and falsehoods. "I'm unfamiliar with this land and its people, and most of this journey has been filled with things that are new to me. I know it didn't... disturb you, but the death of the girl frightened me. I've never seen anything like that," she lied.

DSLIX DSLIX

Last edited:
OOC: Guys need to be coordinating a bit more. While it is a beginner mission, it can still be failed.
Time: Evening
Weather: chilly, dark, and windy outside. Heavy inside.
Cooldown:
TLDR: the party, through one means or another, comes back together by the time the main group reaches the heart of the dragon's lair. They are now in an audience with the ancient dragon Crysanthara.
Post Listening:

Ancient Dragon Crysanthara's Lair

Novama_a_big_azure_dragon_with_golden_eyes_folded_wings_and_a_c_867db4be-0bb3-40b5-891b-af27d67711d0.png

After completing a brief yet rugged climb up the steep mountainside, the party found themselves standing before a massive opening that served as the entrance to the dragon's lair. The wind whispered through the jagged rocks, carrying with it the faint scent of sulfur and smoke, a foreboding reminder of the fearsome beast that lay within.

With their hearts pounding in their chests, the adventurers cautiously stepped inside the cavernous maw of the mountain. The walls were slick with moisture, and the air was heavy and damp, as though the mountain itself were exhaling ancient breaths. The dim light from the entrance slowly receded behind them, swallowed by the darkness that enveloped the tunnel ahead.

They moved forward, each step echoing through the seemingly endless corridor, their senses heightened in anticipation of what lay ahead. As they ventured deeper into the heart of the mountain, a faint glow began to emanate from the walls, casting eerie shadows that danced and flickered around them. The light grew stronger and more vibrant with each step, revealing the source to be veins of luminescent crystals that snaked their way through the rock.

Finally, the tunnel opened into a vast chamber, the ceiling soaring high above them and lost to the darkness. The walls of the cavern glittered with countless crystals, bathing the chamber in a kaleidoscope of colors. The air was thick with heat, and the scent of sulfur and smoke was now overpowering.

In the center of the chamber lay the dragon. A colossal, majestic creature, its iridescent scales shimmered like polished gems, reflecting the light from the crystals in a mesmerizing display. Its serpentine body coiled around a hoard of treasures, a testament to its age and power. The dragon's eyes, ancient and wise, regarded the intruders with a mixture of curiosity and caution. Powerful wings, folded neatly against its sides, hinted at the strength and grace with which it could take to the skies.

Its massive head was adorned with a crown of horns, each one sharp and deadly. Rivulets of smoke escaped its nostrils, swirling and dissipating into the heated air. The dragon's gaze held an intelligence that belied its fearsome appearance, a reminder to the adventurers that they stood before a creature of immense wisdom and cunning.

As the party stood face to face with the dragon, the weight of their mission pressed heavily upon them. They knew that their words and actions in this moment would determine the outcome of their quest. The tension in the chamber was palpable, as both dragon and adventurers prepared for what was to come.

The dragon slowly raised her massive head, the muscles in her neck rippling beneath her gleaming scales. Her eyes, the color of molten gold, fixed intently upon the intruders who dared to enter her domain. She spoke, her voice resonating through the cavern like the rumble of distant thunder, each word laced with a quiet, restrained power.

"Greetings, brave adventurers,"
the dragon began, her tone laced with caution and curiosity. "You have ventured far and overcome great obstacles to stand before me. I am Crysanthara, the guardian of these mountains. Tell me, what brings you to my lair, and what is it that you seek?"

The party knew they had to tread carefully, for they had to challenge Crysanthara's actions without provoking her wrath. Should they fail to convince her to stop, they would risk being blasted out of the cave and sent tumbling down the mountainside, forever ending their quest and leaving the townsfolk at the mercy of the powerful dragon.

Tupu Maa
7.jpg
Tupu smirked and let out a fit of laughter hearing the blatant lie of the woman as though he didn't doubt her being foreign to this world as she acted rather foreign herself but found it rather contradictory when she reacted not much different than himself despite her saying she was frightened now. He also seemed to see why she was acting so weird towards him as she seemed to believe him something of a psychopath from his lack of expression at the tragedy which actually angered him deeply but he suppressed his negative feelings as it wouldn't do him any good to go off on the lady. After his fit of laughter he sighs deeply "I don't really care where your from but I'll let you know two things. If your judging me as a whole because I refused to express my sadness of the misfortunate passing of Sorcha then your much worse of a person than me, and if you continue to tell these terrible lies to me you'll only make me show you how bad of a character I can be." Tupu now stands at his full height and with a cold and piercing gaze on his smirking face as he in his terms 'lightly threatens' Abel as he can't help but let a bit of his anger seep through at the bad image Abel seems to paint of him in her mind. Tupu meant no harm really but he was rather serious about being lied to especially by someone he might have to trust with his life on a dangerous expedition as such and before he went down to bring Kyra and Jack up to the rocky area above the tunnels he approached Abel again standing close with a soft and even a hint of sadness in his gaze. He sighs and says in a calm and more serious tone "Look let me know how you feel about me right now so it's no confusion as regardless of whether we like it or not us working together to keep each other alive is our best bets of staying alive ourselves, so until we part ways lets at least act like we like each other."

After bringing Jack and Kyra up through the crevice in the ceiling after his confrontation with Abel he uses his smell to guide the group towards the lair of the dragon using the faint scent he caught whiff in the air as he guessed the smell of smoke and sulfur is caused by the dragon liquifying things with it's breath. After some time carefully traversing the rocks and running into a pocket sized Sage from a small hole in the ground the party finally made it to the lair of the dragon which was as interesting and ominous as expected. Lucky for Tupu the Dragon was wise and ancient which meant it was more than intelligent enough to speak and even introduced itself to use in a somewhat friendly manner as it still seemed rather cautious of our presence. Tupu feeling rather fearless as this was the best outcome for him steps forward with a slight bow and says in a confident but respectful tone "Greetings Great Guardian Crysanthara my name is Tupu and well as I'm sure my group before you is all here for their own personal reasons, I can speak for us all when I say we assembled under the goal of understanding why you are threatening the nearby village and if their is any solution we can come to on the behalf of the village." Tupu pulls out his best behavior for this one as he decides to speak up for the group not really wanting to take the chance of them blowing the first impression because of nerves, and he smiles softly at the large dragon as his golden eyes shine while meeting the rather similar but more beastly eyes of the dragon feeling a sense of kinship and respect for the large beast despite him only being half dragon.

rager rager Novama Novama SoftSmile SoftSmile NeramoDJI NeramoDJI upscalerat upscalerat

ecdsad.png
Jack happily followed along the group all the way to the dragon’s lair and stopped as soon as the dragon was in sight. There was no hope for moving him as his legs shook violently, his hands grabbing onto his wool sweater in an attempt at comforting him. His bell chimed ever so slightly with his shaking, bringing attention to him, which only frightened him more.

The dragon asked why they were here. The dragon asked them questions! That was what he was hoping for, yes? So why was he still shaking like a leaf after fall?

Tupu spoke to the dragon, and Jack tried to listen but the ringing in his ears wouldn’t let him. It took him the entire conversation to calm down, his heart still beating wildly but his breathing under control.

“S-Sorry M-Miss..Or Mister…Or whatever honorary y-you would like used…First…” He trailed off, his unstable hands grabbing something from his travelling backpack. He clumsily runs over to the dragon, presenting the box. He opens it. “It-It’s Dragon Beard noodles…My restaurant’s specialty…” He then looks to the box and then to the dragon. “It-It’s an extra large, but I guess I should have brought more…”

Item_Delicious_Dragon_Beard_Noodles.png

The dish practically shines with quality, and is somehow still hot despite the long adventure. While the portion size would be suitable for a small bear or very large human, a dragon might have a harder time tasting all of the delectableness of such a small dish.

Ashamed of his small gift, he sets the box down, stepping back to the group. “S-sorry.”

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
Sage sat before the dragon, his little form probably barely noticable by the large monster, but he was shaking down on the ground. Not out of fear, nor awe, but rather anticipation. Finally, something worth his time to fight. He had been starved for blood this whole time, no one picking a fight with him, even the supposed "kobold trap" Not springing and leaving him without anything to hunt. No bandits, no kobolds, but now he gets to skip straight to the boss. However, he was not stupid, and threw out an Appraise to see what he was dealing with, a manic smile on his face as his fingers twitched, ready to summon his blade at a moments notice if it looked like negotiations were turning sour for even a second. He wanted to fight, and he was praying the dragon would give him a reason. He was ready, fully, to take on this beast. After all, if it had incinerated people like he was told, it would have a murderer title, which means he got off scott free for butchering it.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E Human

Kyra had expected the dragon to be more like an animal- she hadn't expected to be met with wise eyes and words of greeting. She had, she realized, never truly understood the word awesome until she beheld Crysanthara: but the dragon truly was awe inspiring, and a marvel to behold. That I would be so lucky... Of course, the adventurer was aware that it wouldn't take much for this to be the last living creature that she beheld, but that seemed to only add to Crysanthara's magnificence. And, as soon as she had laid eyes on the dragon, Kyra was sure that Sage was far too overconfident to think he stood a chance against her.

Tupu was the first to speak, summarizing their mission plainly. Then went Jack, offering a large bowl of noodles- it was tiny in comparison to its recipient, but it still seemed a thoughtful gesture. Kyra wished that she had something to offer as well, but she hadn't had the foresight to bring such a gift. Sage sat and trembled, silent- Kyra could only hope that he was having second thoughts about taking on the beast.

The adventurer offered a bow, and spoke as she rose. "Great Guardian, it is an honor to be here." Aside from her greeting, though Kyra stayed quiet; she had nothing more to add that Tupu hadn't already said, and no gift to offer, like Jack. At best, she figured, she'd end up sticking her foot in her mouth- and at worse, she would offend their temporary host. Neither option seemed optimal, and waiting for Crysanthara to speak and responding to her seemed to be the best way to proceed.

Abel became tired and weary. The initial thrill of the mountain breeze had mostly passed. While the winds still pleased her, the proximity of the dragon and the uncomfortable encounter with Tupu embittered her. Yet she persevered. She let her internal turmoil revert back into a buzz that lingered in the back of her mind and hitched her skirt up to her knees and climbed just as ferociously as any of the others.

Being back inside of a cave did not please her. The hot, heavy atmosphere felt like a physical weight on her shoulders compared to the freedom of the air she had just breathed. She felt the cavern's hot moisture gather on the palms of her hands which she constantly wiped on her skirt until it, too, began to become soggy and heavy.

Then she saw the dragon. The pure majesty of the creature blew her away, almost sending her reeling. But her feet were glued to the floor as she beheld Crysanthara. It radiated otherworldly power and beauty. She didn't feel a kindred, per say... rather a compulsion to replicate, to become. She saw the wisdom in its eyes and felt the wind beneath her great wings, and desire bloomed within her. Maybe she might not mind the stifling cave so much if she were able to stay here with the dragon, serving and growing under her gaze. Abel wondered briefly if the stress of the journey was finally getting to her. But she knew that she had not felt such revere and love yet on this earth.

Thus when the fairy began to brim with that characteristic bloodlust, she didn't just feel terror at the might of the dragon. She felt aghast. How dare he challenge such a magnificent creature? Abel wanted to stay here. She wanted to be with her. She didn't show it, but the way that Tupu addressed her felt too temporary, unsatisfying. She began to wonder if the anger of the dragon should even be satiated. Chrysanthia's eyes were filled with light that outshone any of the creatures of the village, after all. Abel wondered if the dragon felt a wrath like her own.

She prayed to whomever was listening for Sage not to attack. Abel's actions mirrored Kyra's words.

OOC: Good round everyone
Time: Evening
Weather: chilly, dark, and windy outside. Heavy inside.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Crysanthara acknowledges the party and presents them with a choice.
Post Listening:

Ancient Dragon Crysanthara's Lair

Novama_a_big_azure_dragon_with_golden_eyes_folded_wings_and_a_c_867db4be-0bb3-40b5-891b-af27d67711d0.png

Crysanthara, the guardian of the mountains, the colossal dragon of iridescent scales, observed the adventurers standing before her with an ancient wisdom, the weight of centuries visible in her molten gold eyes. Their words and actions echoed through the crystal-illuminated cavern, each one distinct and revealing.

The adventurer named Tupu, who carried a whiff of dragon's blood in his veins, spoke with respect and a tinge of authority that intrigued Crysanthara. His voice reverberated through the cavern, carrying his mission clearly. He sought understanding and peaceful resolution. The dragon found his approach well-received, a sense of kinship forming between them, acknowledging their shared lineage.

A tremor of fear then resonated in the cavern, a mortal's trembling voice accompanying the sound of a softly chiming bell. A box was presented to Crysanthara, the scent of food wafting from it. Dragon Beard noodles, they were called. A thoughtful gesture, indeed. However, the dragon's hunger did not stir. She regarded the offering with an appreciative nod, acknowledging the small human's bravery, yet her stomach remained undisturbed by the dish, her gaze shifting to the others.

From the corner of her gaze, she noticed the small form of Sage, the fairy trembling with a different kind of anticipation. He invoked a magic that sought to assess her, yet the scan returned nothing but unknown values, her ancient power and wisdom defying the mortal magic. A flicker of amusement danced in her eyes, her gaze meeting Sage's for a brief moment, acknowledging his readiness for a fight, yet subtly challenging his overconfidence.

Then, there were the silent ones, Kyra and Abel. They stood back, words unspoken, their actions mirroring their caution. Kyra's respectful bow earned a slight inclination of Crysanthara's head in response. The dragon saw the awe in their eyes, felt their reverence, and it intrigued her, their silence adding a unique cadence to the symphony of interactions in the cavern.

As the words and actions of the adventurers echoed within the crystal chamber, Crysanthara found herself intrigued and curious. These mortals, each unique in their own way, had dared to venture into her domain, each with their own motivations and fears. Their words and actions, their reactions to her presence, it was all part of a dance, a dance that would shape the course of their fate and hers.

Crysanthara's voice filled the cavern, a rumbling echo that resonated deep within the mountain. "I have heard your words, travelers. You stand in my presence, each of you distinct, each of you brave in your own ways.

"Tupu, bearer of dragon's blood, your words resonate within this cavern and within me. You seek understanding, and so it shall be granted. Your respect is noted and returned in kind." A slow nod of her majestic head was directed towards Tupu, acknowledging him.

"To the one who offered Dragon Beard noodles, your gesture, though unnecessary, is appreciated. Your bravery is commendable. But, I assure you, I require no sustenance from your world." Her gaze drifted towards the box, eyes shimmering in the crystal light.

"Sage, your attempt to understand me through your magic is ambitious, yet futile. I am beyond the realm of your understanding, beyond the scope of your magic." A glint of amusement sparked in her molten gold eyes as she locked her gaze on the fairy.

"Kyra, Abel, your silence speaks volumes. Awe and reverence are felt, and acknowledged. You are wise to observe before acting." She turned her attention to the two silent figures, their actions adding to the complexity of the encounter.

"And now, travelers, you have voiced your intentions. I have answered. The path before you is yet uncertain, yet it is yours to shape. Choose wisely." The dragon's words echoed into silence, her gaze resting on each of the adventurers in turn, awaiting their response.

Crysanthara's ancient eyes focused on Tupu, the dragon-blooded adventurer who had spoken to her with a respect few others had shown. "Tupu, your blood sings of ancient pacts, of promises made and forgotten. I can sense your desire for peace and understanding. Know this, the pact was made with my kind and yours, eons ago. It was a time of harmony, when dragons and humans worked together, guided by respect and mutual benefits. But the sands of time have slowly eroded that understanding, that respect."

A sigh echoed through the cavern, the sound resonating with an ageless sorrow. "In recent times, your kind have begun encroaching upon the lands that were once agreed upon as ours, disrupting the balance. I have tried to remind them, but my actions are seen as threats rather than warnings. This is not my desire."

Her massive form shifted, the movement causing the light in the cavern to dance and flicker. "I do not seek to harm, but to protect. To maintain the balance that has been forgotten."

Her gaze swept across the adventurers before her. "This is the choice I present to you. Help me reestablish this balance, remind your people of the pact, and in return, I promise to keep my own kind from retaliating. I ask not for your servitude, but for your help in rekindling the understanding that once existed. This, adventurers, is the path to true peace."

The silence that followed Crysanthara's words was heavy with decision. The dragon waited, her gaze locked on the party, understanding the weight of the choice she had given them.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Grade E Human

The praise offered by Crysanthara was like being noticed by sempai- Kyra felt a rise of pride in her chest at the dragon's words, like she had been praised for hard work. The feeling didn't last long, unfortunately, as the great beast went on to describe her side of the conflict. It seemed clear, as far as Kyra could tell, that Crysanthara had every right to defend her own territory; if it had been marked as such by other people, the villagers would never have settled there. But because any signs that existed were lost on their eyes and they had spent some years establishing themselves in the region, it was unlikely that they would be willing to move.

This time, Kyra was the first to address the dragon. "Great Guardian," she ventured, "we hear and respect your claim to the land. But I fear that the villagers will not see it as such; though it has only been a short time to you that they have encroached upon your territory, it has been years for them. They would likely be as reluctant to move their home as you would be to move your wealth of treasures. If we were to return to them with this news, then I am sure that violence will be the only path further. As I am sure you have witnessed yourself, things often cannot stay the same, and conditioned that were balanced in one time may not be in another.

"I say all of this in order to ask if you would be willing to forge a new balance with the people now living in your territory. Though the fruits of their labors must seem paltry in your eyes, would they be able to offer you whatever meager tithe that they can in order to be recognized as yet another creature living in your territories, like the deer, the kobolds, the birds, the bears? Or perhaps something else? I am sure that the people would be amenable to such a future."

Tupu Maa
7.jpg

Tupu felt some pride come over himself from the acknowledgement of the Elder Dragon and couldn't help but crack a small smile thinking "Respect for respect right? Every smart dragon loves compliment or 3." Tupu watched the other's react rather oddly in his eyes but then he realized this is their first time seeing such a creature....well except Sage as his body language is rather stiff like he's holding everything back. Wanting to avoid that landmine he smirks as Crysanthara calls him out trying to appraise her quickly saying in his defense "I apologize for his intrusion Great Guardian but this is the real warrior of the group and he's just curious is all no disrespect intended." He spoke in a friendly but apologetic voice so to also make the experience a more pleasant one he was thinking of ways to resolve the current issue without fighting if possible. He thought about how discussion with the villagers would go if we return ourselves and how they would most likely call us crazy or cowards if we come back trying to negotiate property lines for an Elder Dragon. As Tupu comes to a conclusion Kyra actually speaks up first before him. She gives a solution that Tupu can add on too and so he plays along smoothly speaking after Kyra with "Like my good companion said forging a new balance with these villagers would probably be the easiest way to resolve this issue of territory Great Guardian. If we were all in person at the village to explain the bond and promise that was once had I bet they'll come to understand it very quickly Great Guardian" A sly smile on Tupu's face knowing they'll mostly agree out of fear than sense but respect through fear ain't all bad especially when your a dragon. Tupu turns his head to Kyra and gives a warm white tooth smile with a thumbs up before returning his face back to a plain expression and gaze back to Crysanthara and taking a few more steps towards the dragon stand almost directly under her head but to where he's still in her gaze. Tupu holds her heavy gaze with his own hard but kind stare and reaches his hand out saying "Great Guardian excuse my bold approach but if your willing to take us to the village now and state your conditions after we explain I feel we can resolve it then and there." Tupu dragon blood was running hot through his veins as the presence of the Crysanthara invigorates his the closer he gets and he desired to fly again looking at Crysanthara large strong body and wings before meeting her gaze with wide and soft golden eyes reflecting her own huge molten gold eyes in his gaze, and his expression was that of a eager child looking at it's parent for something.

Novama Novama upscalerat upscalerat SoftSmile SoftSmile NeramoDJI NeramoDJI rager rager

Abel saw how the dragon read her. She saw those ancient eyes that, like hers, were now plagued by the sight of humans. But she also noticed that those very eyes held a nobility that had been utterly disregarded. Abel would have been surprised if the dragon had not considered the idea of a new treaty before quickly discarding it. If the villagers were allowed to break one treaty, what would stop them from breaking another? Abel felt a flicker of hot anger warm her chest. The people did not wander onto this land. They stole it, sundering the treaty and stomping upon the gracious gift of peace given to them by the dragons. And yet the others dared try to negotiate with them?

Abel closed her eyes and breathed, letting calm wash over her. With her eyes downcast before the dragon, she spoke to the others.

"It is my understanding that a deal has already been made between the people and the dragons. They have already proved that promises mean nothing. They have spat upon honor. I have no doubt they will do so again if we do not remind them of what such an action means." She looked up at Crysanthara, looking for something. How Abel wanted to understand her.

"The villagers of today may refrain from encroaching further. But what is to say their children will?" She said this as if she was asking the dragon now, rather than speaking with her companions. Then she paused for a moment, and then inclined her head once more. "I wish to aid you in your efforts to remove the villagers and re-establish the old treaty."

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
Sage listened to what the dragon had to say, the tension in his body leaving as he realized this dragon was no jackass nor threat, and while she was stronger than him, he had no doubt in his mind that one day he would match her. He did with the last godlike being that mocked him. Only this one he didn't hope to kill, because she showed she was not cruel nor unjust like the last. "I mean, you can't blame a guy for trying." He said with a bit of a laugh when he was told about his appraisal, shrugging at the difference in stats.

He was internally completely disregarding the statement from the other fae, as if he acknowledged it, he was likely to lash out in anger and cleave the woman in half. He was tempted to ask the others to remind him why they bothered bringing her with them. He shared blood with her, but that didn't mean he shared her pompous view of humans. Who was she to spit on the dragons mercy to these villagers? The dragon was the strongest here, so all decision making went to her. Power ruled everything. And of this room, only two people had it, and Sage was not pompous enough to think his word outweighed the dragons. But it certainly outweighed the other fae.
"I'm also sorry about not using the same tone as my companions here, but the last being with strength like yours I showed that respect to repaid it by cutting off my leg and stabbing me in my eye. But I don't mean any disrespect to you Mrs. Crysanthara." He accentuated his statement about the leg and eye by jutting to the bark patch covering his face, rolling his shoulders a bit, using the honorific for any woman he considered beautiful, as a habit he had from his childhood was referring to all women as Mrs. because he assumed that all pretty ladies were called by that.

"But I'll say I'll go with whatever you'd like Mrs. Crysanthara. If you want us to just remind the villagers about it, we can do that, if you want to do what Tupu and Kyra suggested, I'll go with that too." He said, his jovial tone returning as he glanced at the others in the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back