• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OWOD/Magical Children OOC

CatJones

Amateur Weeb
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
For questions, working together and generally figuring out things for the RP.

Hello, when is the deadline of the character sheet?

CatJones CatJones A day will suffice.

Also, I have another question about magic. How much freedom are we allowed on the how we use it? For example, the mental magic affinity. Can I make person A like person B but fail intentionally to get the desired effect? or will there be rules in the future concerning this?

Auda Auda Oh, yeah, that's fine. A day is pretty short, I was worried you were gonna ask for like a week.

As for the magic, it really depends on the person you're using it on. And you don't get to decide if it passes or not. When you use it you aim for the effect you want. Whether it passes or not is based on criteria that your character may not even know.

Hello, I have questions about the magic The dark without. Can you manipulate/influence the dark or can you only go to the other world to pass through objects? and do you leave your body if you are disassociating?

You're only going to the other world and influencing it. If you had a lockbox with a five dollar bill in there, you could take it without needed the key and leave the other world and you'll have the five dollars still. You can't control darkness itself. If you pass through people or other monsters though, you pretty much sick ghosts on them but this has varying levels of effectiveness. And when you enter the other world, your entire person vanishes into it.

So if pass through a person, will their body also vanish and return either possessed or not? Or will I just attach a ghost to them?

Sorry if i'm asking too much questions lol.

You're fine, I'm glad you're asking questions. You won't attach a ghost to them nor can you make them vanish. You just make them more obvious to be attacked by spirits. Ghosts either want a new body or are just hateful from the way they died. And not all monsters are made equal, so ghosts aren't even a threat to some creatures of the night. The real problem is that it's still a double edged sword. Every time you interact with things (read as anything in that other world) you gain the attention of the spirits on the other side. And it takes longer for them to lose interest then the natural healing from the other magics (like water magics salt transformation) . It's not a very combat focused magic.

Speaking of.... For the water penalty, does it start with what is wet from the magic?
And can one interact with powers outside of their own source?
For example, will rain and stuff be able to be manipulated, or aid in the penalty?

It always starts with extremities, toes and fingers and working its way towards the torso.And you cannot control naturally occurring elements that are similar to yours. It also won't have any affect on the penalty. Nor will it add or subtract from the penalty.

Also edited in that it technically covers the target with water to protect them. That's my bad for forgetting it.

So basically, If I use The Dark Without to pass through a wall, it will alert ghosts and they'll be more interested in possessing/harming my person?

Yes. Everytime you interact with anything, they become more aware of you. So if you pass through the wall, turn around and go back through, you've made them that much more aware of you.
I'll make it more obvious with how aware of you they are each time you use it.

Okay, one last question I swear. Do you have a category or a book of some sort that contains info about the monsters that we'll be facing?

I do indeed have a few books and lists of beasties, yes.

Can you share the link? I want to study it just to be prepared since we can die.

Also, does the mental magic Mind Trick only show horrible things? or can I alter it? and what is its difference with Horror?

Turns out my last post wasn't the last question.

I can't share that link. That would be meta-gaming. I have no intention of killing you off before you can get a grip on what your enemies are. Trust Red. That's all I'll say about that.
As for Mind Trick and Horror. Mind Trick is for confusing groups of enemies. Horror is for singular targets.
What they see is based on who they are.

I can't share that link. That would be meta-gaming. I have no intention of killing you off before you can get a grip on what your enemies are. Trust Red. That's all I'll say about that.
As for Mind Trick and Horror. Mind Trick is for confusing groups of enemies. Horror is for singular targets.
What they see is based on who they are.

Ohhh okay thanks for clearing it up.

SilverBlack SilverBlack
I know, right? But you're fine. I won't be able to get the starting post up until, what is tonight for me. It's 1 in the morning for me. You have time. No rush.

Hello, I've a question about The Fields of Life. Can I only make any existing plant in the world or can I invent plants? like modifying their genus and whatnot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back