• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: Enigma (IC)

Characters
Here
1661206396882.png
1661209134019.png

Interaction: Slav Slav
Mention: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

To think, so much would happen in such a short amount of time. After Empyrean and Zagreus seemingly lost interest in the village, Eschaton was hoping Egaloth would follow suit. He was wrong. Egaloth would immediately lose his mind, surrendering himself to his primal desires and revealing his true berserk form that immediately made a beeline towards the village. But instead of intercepting immediately, Eschaton remained still, confident that either the hellhounds or the magical shield would be able to stop him. Once again, he was wrong.

Finally, Eschaton decided to take action, after all, if he wanted something done right, he had to do it himself. Eyeing one of the wolves nearby, he would cast a spell to immediately swap positions with it. "Netherswap." a skill that allows its user to swap places with an allied NPC. And now, he came face to face with the demon, Egaloth, or perhaps it was someone else now. The knight was annoyed by all this senseless destruction. If he wanted to destroy the village wouldn't one big spell be more efficient? Besides, the whole prospect of destroying this village was a waste of resources already. They were infinitely more valuable alive.

Equipping his unique form-shifting weapon, Eschaton would shield the village from the cone of fire, absorbing it into his shield. The only reason he was blocking it was to preserve what was left of this small place. Once the beast had stopped spewing its flames, multiple members of the shadow guard emerge from Eschaton's cloak, each of them immediately shooting out magical chains to bind the creature in place. The chains would begin siphoning the strength of the demon, causing the demon to gnash and flail about, tiring itself further. This was followed up by Penny's bullet, which hit its mark, exploding with holy energy and greatly enfeebling the monster even further.

tumblr_pcpk4z3lX11sgefjfo10_1280.gif

And in spite of all that, the demon still stood its ground, overpowering a few members of his shadow guard. Most impressive, as expected from a fellow lvl 100 member. But as much as he wanted to continue experimenting with how PVP worked in this world, allowing any more destruction than what has already transpired would be detrimental to this land. However, there was one more thing he wanted to test out... Eschaton nodded, to the members of his shadow guard, prompting them to release the beast, allowing it to charge headfirst towards Eschaton. Just before it could land a blow on him, the captain of his shadow summons itself in front of its master, intercepting the attack with a disarming strike. Cleaving one of its arms clean off.

metal-gear-rising-sam-metal-gear-rising-revengeance.gif

Just as he expected. In the game, his captain gets a massive damage multiplier when intercepting enemies attacking its master. But that's enough experimenting for one battle. The shadowguards would reactivate their chains once more, restraining the now, one-armed beast. He wasn't too worried about dismembering him since demons were able to either reattach or regrow their limbs given enough time. Now, it was time for Eschaton himself to "attack". The knight took a few steps forward and placed his hand on the restrained demon's head. "Greater soul siphon." the energy of his opponent began violently flowing into his body. A few more seconds later, his opponent's body began shriveling up, like a flower deprived of water, reducing him into a comatose state. For now. The demon had been neutralized. and the threat pacified. "Egaloth has been pacified, my lord. Shall I send him into our guild dungeon?" Eschaton asked, confident that the guild leader was within earshot.

Attachments

• 1661208510004.png
    1661208510004.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1661209384822.png
    1661209384822.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
1661212108101.pngEmpyrean

A voice called out to the angle and his eyes trailed up from Egaloth to see that the familiar tone had come from the guild's vampire, Tempesta. It seemed a large majority of their guild had indeed become inhabitants of this world, but the jury was still out on whether or not that was to his benefit or not. While he was interested in seeing what would come of the fight between his two guildmates, he was also curious as to what the vampire could possibly want at a time like this. His wings adjusted, granting him directional control and he started to drift forward, until he heard the demon knight begin to shout. Empyrean's eyes widened and he smirked before his wings pushed him upward int the air.

Then came the true spectacle. Egaloth's demonic entity seemed to have wrestled control from the man and the results were worth all the lives in that pathetic village. Empyrean was forced to move as Egaloth grew in size. He knew Egaloth was loyal and cared a great deal for the guild, but this creature which now possessed his body was an unknown.

Empyrean stepped aside and watched with unrivaled intrigue as the demon raged through the village, all but erasing its very existence. The power of the level 100 Egaloth released with a demon's desires and destructive nature. "Hmmm..." Without fear for his safety he flew in closer to the scene, only to see that Eschaton and Penny were interfering. "Wasteful imbeciles." This was a perfectly good chance to learn more about the cursed players; their strengths, weaknesses, and perhaps even the personalities of their demons. It seemed the one inside Egaloth was interested in freeing itself from the guild's restrictions. Something he could not fault the creature for.

But as expected, Eschaton was quick and efficient in his assault. If nothing else, the very brief battle gave a small glimpse into the way combat and pvp were conducted here in this new world. "Oh?" But perhaps it wasn't a complete loss. Empyrean descended from the sky to the battlefield after having spotted the severed arm of Egaloth. "Gate." With a raise of his hand, Empyrean cast the portal spell and conjured an opening beneath the lopped off arm. The arm fell into the portal, vanishing into what seemed to be Empyrean's lab back at the guild. The portal closed right after and he turned to look at Egaloth's withered form. Observing the demon's healing would be another valuable bit of info, so he did not offer any assistance and instead floated back up into the air, taking in the full scale of the destruction that was caused.

TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Koku’s New #1 Maid
Zagreus Kayn
“Oh and the NPC's kinda don't have the same control, they listen well enough but specifics seem to be all up to them." Zagreus wasn’t the only one to notice that the NPCs didn’t act the same as if they were in the game. It was as if they were all sentient. “I saw that too. My NPCs answer to basic commands but they are very on guard” He made them very cautious for PvE farming but he never thought that would translate to everyone in this world. “I may ask Empyrean to do testing. I need to know if I can trust my legions or not.” This new information could definitely help Zag and the rest of the guild but what price would he have to pay to Empyrean for such a small request? A bunch of needles to test his resistance to pain, being set on fire, or just borderline torture. Whatever the crazy kook had in mind was definitely not going to be enjoyable for the demon.

With the serious talk done, Zagreus need to regroup with the others but what about the villagers? He didn't want them to recognize him; he needed a disguise. "Koku, I need something to wear so the villagers don't recognize me. Do you have anything on you that I can wear?" The Blonde smiled and began to conjure a physical transform spell. He looked down at his new clothes and saw that he was now wearing a very tight maid outfit. Zag thought this must be a joke or something. It’s not even his size or his color. She expects me to wear that. Her smile said it all. Well, I guess that is what I get for the years of pranks I pulled on her and the guild. He looked at the outfit with an annoyed look on his face. With a roll of his eyes, he thanked her, “I guess this works… but you owe me.” No one took him seriously before but now… this was going to be humiliating.

The two weren’t that far from the group. After a ten-minute walk, they reunited with everyone. Forgetting for a second that he was wearing a maid outfit, Zagreus realized that he was coming from behind the guild’s location. Im going to try to scare someone, he thought. The closest person to him was Tempesta. PERFECT! Using his stealth he snuck behind the vampire and got right next to her ear. “Goooood Evening, My dear. I’ve come to suck your blood. BLE BLE.” The vampire respond accordingly with a full-strength punch to the face that flew the demon into the tree that was directly behind them. Master, that one scares me maybe we shouldn’t bother her. Solis said out of fear of your friendly neighborhood vampire. Luna taunted Solis's newfound fear. That bitch…. that’s who you scared of I thought you’re supposed to be all big and tough ‘Mr. son of wrath’. The two begin an argument back-and-forth causing Zag to get a headache. Can both of you shut the fuck up? Both of them said in unison, she/he started it. The headache grew more intense which caused him to wonder why. Both of the troublemakers were in time out. At that moment, Zag noticed that he was hanging upside down from one of the branches. “Hey, Tempy..sweetheart look I’m you. Pretty cool right?” A bright light came from the village and a loud bang followed it. Wtf was that? The demon glanced over to the other side of the tree and saw Penny sitting there with a rifle pointed at Egaloth. “Oh, that would do it…” Zagros used a message spell to try to calm the raging behemoth “Hey Eggo.. my man.. I think it’s time to calm down…” Static followed soon after. Did this motherfucker hang up on me? Turns out Eschaton and his troops were trying to subdue the Giant. The Goofball fell out of the tree at the sight of Egaloth being turned into a raisin.

After getting on his feet he decided to ask the people around him one very important question. “So can I still get some blood? Kind of starving here.” Dirty looks were thrown his way. “Hey, I’m just saying that lady that I saved, her neck looked very appetizing.” A few feet away, He saw Carmaine and Fritz near each other. The Meathead decided it was time to apologize and completely ignore the chaos in the village. The strong dumbass grabbed both of his guildmates and gave them a big side hug that quickly turned into a headlock. With a nervous smug smile and bad breath, he asked “Soooo… Is this a bad time to say I’m sorry and this was a big misunderstanding?”
Code By Nano

Tempesta.png
1661313031212.png

The vampire raised her eyebrow as everything delved into further chaos. Ega had lost it and was now going after the village. While she could go in, she decided it would be best to watch everything unfold before her. After all, what was the fun in going and getting her own hands dirty? It didn't help that the smell of blood was filling her nose, so she had done her best to fight that side of her. Looking back up toward Empyrean, she was sure she had his attention. But she was wrong. Her gaze darkened as he floated away and toward the scene. I would much rather not push myself to be in a situation where I could bite just about everyone here in a fit of bloodlust. where she was responsible, there was always room for being irresponsible. Despite standing there, she remained quiet and still. Her exposed skin feeling every brush of air, and her ears taking in every sound she could possibly hear. Does he not realize I know he's there? I'm a vampire. Rather a level 100 Vampire with many different tricks up her own sleeves. her eyes narrowed slightly.

His voice filled her ear and she reacted with a swift and fully prepared fist to his face. Sending him quite a few feet away from her and into a tree nearby. Her gaze hadn't changed, in fact, it may have grown even more darker. There was something swirling in her, something that wasn't felt before. It was possible that now as she was finally absorbing the new body she had been forced to, the side effects were settling too. Do I perhaps have a demon? Or is this the dark side of the vampiric class? more questions for Vladimir to answer later. While Zag asked around for blood, the silver-haired woman watched him grasp onto Fritz and Carmaine and trying to apologize for the misunderstanding in his ridiculous costume. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a potion bottle that was about the size of her hand from fingertip to the bottom of her palm. Inside was a dark red liquid that could satisfy for just a little while. "Learn to start gathering your own blood, Zagreus." she tossed the vial toward him. If it landed in the grass, it would be fine. Her aim was either to get it to his feet or for him to catch it, one of the two. "I may not always be here to satisfy your hunger too. I have myself to worry about as the full class."

The last thing she wanted was to have to take care of him too. Maybe she was being a bit rash? Her eyebrows furrowed and she turned her back to the trio, lifting her hand to her face and closing those crimson eyes. Maybe it's the light? Am I even sensitive to light? she wondered Could I become cranky in the bright daylight? she almost let out a groan of frustration but instead she she huffed and peeked from behind her hand. This is infuriating in many ways. I'm surprised I've been this composed thus far.

StealthyShades StealthyShades LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Slav Slav Servant Servant

Mephisto.Pheles.full.1728001.jpg

Fritz's eyebrow twitched as he watched the chaos that ensued. This wasn't how he had planned it. He didn't expect Egaloth to go berserk like that and for Zagreus to target his hellhounds. What a mess, I guess this is what this new world will bring. Fritz thought of intervening, but the arrival of Eschaton made him stay put. Let's see how this goes, Egaloth will be too distracted by Eschaton to attack the villagers. That'll give my hellhounds enough time to secure them into groups. Adelheid's shield wall gave him more confidence that they would be able to get it under control.

He watched over the pacification of Egaloth and while it wasn't pretty, it was the best way they could have gone about it. Fritz did pity the crazed demon, but that well was quickly drying up. He made no attempt to control himself and the end result was what he expected. Now Egaloth was going to find himself locked away, alone. Fritz's head perked towards Eschaton, giving him clear instructions. "Please do! Throw away the key. I will not have a raving savage be in my guild, nor will I let him endanger others." Fritz made his opinion on the matter clear and there wasn't anyone that could change his mind.

The demon turned his attention towards Zagreus, clearly dismayed. "I expected more from you. Encouraging Egaloth like that put us all in danger. Try and think first next time, yeah?" Fritz could have been harsher if he wanted to, but this whole situation was tiring him out and he thought he'd just leave it be for now. He groaned as Zagreus gave him and Carmaine a hug, his bad breath making him push the man away. Fritz turned towards Carmaine, clearing his throat before speaking. "I have a job for you now that we are in this chaos."

"With Egaloth having ravaged the village, the last thing they would probably want to see is another demon. Before the shield wall went up, my hellhounds were tasked with rounding the villagers up so we could keep an eye on them. I'm sure they are scared to death right now and I need a human to reassure them. That's where your pretty face comes in. I want you to claim that our guild stopped the raging demon aka Egaloth. They don't know it's our fault so we can claim he wasn't one of ours. What do you say?" Fritz's proposition was pretty straightforward. A demon isn't necessarily the friendliest face to see. That's why it'd be best for a human to take control of the situation.

Interactions: TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Servant Servant StealthyShades StealthyShades
Mentions: Pyosimros Pyosimros

Empyrean

1661441576934.png

With his specimen secured and the spectacle having come to an abrupt end, Empyrean made his way back towards his guildmates where he heard Fritz approve of Egaloth's imprisonment. So the guild would be imprisoning those they disapproved of it seemed. That didn't sit well with the angel, but he wouldn't protest at the moment. "Fritz..." He called to their leader as he descended to the ground once more. His wings lowered into a position that permitted him to hover just above the ground and he looked solely to the demon. "...I think Egaloth may be more useful to us as a test subject than a prisoner. I'll keep him under lock and key int The Garden and ensure he is taken care of." Normally he wouldn't bother to ask permission, but in order to stake a claim on the demon's remains he would have to vocalize his interests. And typical test subjects of his didn't receive any sort of care, but this was still someone they all considered their friend. "Learning the full extent of the curse could be very useful for our other members and could prove beneficial should we find enemies with the same affliction in the future." While he waited for an answer, he spared a brief glance at Tempesta, acknowledging the woman in the hopes that this would let her know he had not forgotten that she called his name prior to the brawl. But his business had to come first.

Slav Slav Britt-21 Britt-21

1661409378544.png
Interaction: Slav Slav All All LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
And just like that. The fiasco was over, and now the remaining sane guild members had to deal with the aftermath. To think Egaloth would succumb to his primal instincts like that. Who is to say the same will not happen to the others given the right circumstances and time? Such thoughts were troubling but would likely need to be addressed some other time. During all that chaos, the fact that Empyrean had procured to severed arm has not escaped him, but for now, he will let it slide.

Fritz's instructions were clear in the matter. And though he would have phrased it differently, he understood his frustration in this current situation and simply complied. But all the same, he still felt it was a tad bit cold-blooded to disown him just like that after all they have been through. Speaking of coldblooded, seeing Koku's twin maids fire off another attack on the already downed and disabled Egaloth was most infuriating. The half-golem shadow guard sprang into action, intercepting the attack with their blades, and forming a protective formation around the fallen former comrade. Despite not saying a word, Eschaton's unrelenting gaze of disdain would likely be felt by the two maids. A silent warning for those who dared to hurt a guildmate. He will likely like to have a word with Koku about this transgression.

"It will be done, Lord Fritz." He replied as he gestured to his knights to perform the sealing ritual. After a few coordinated hand movements later, the shriveled-up demon is encased in a sarcophagus an object, placing him into a stasis-like state. As per Fritz's instruction, he was about to teleport this fallen demon deep into the dungeons of the guild. However, before he could finish the motion, he was interrupted by brash remarks of a big-bosomed guild mate. Such lack of tact was surprising, especially from a supposedly high charisma guild mate. But then again, he is not too privy to how she actually acts when the cameras are not rolling. What she said wasn't exactly wrong, but would it kill her to show a bit more respect? Eschaton's gaze turned towards Koku and ever so briefly, she would feel a tiny hint of hostility from the knight which quickly died down.

But right there and then, the knight was able to calm himself. Everyone here has just gone through a dramatic life-changing Isekai moment. It would be unfair for him to judge him so harshly. Who is to say his own mind and cognition have not been compromised? Still, should Koku's insubordination toward's Fritz commands be excused just like that? For now, the knight will excuse her faux pas as her actions and intentions are still in line with Fritz's objectives. In many ways, perhaps she was in fact the best guild mate for the job with charisma and abilities. The village was repaired, and the injured parties were healed, just like that. But they would likely still wonder what the hell just happened to their village. Thankfully, spinning a good story was something a high charisma character was very proficient at.

And now, there was Empyrean. The angel who had completely ignored his orders to return to the guild and almost committed treasonous acts had he not been interrupted. In the past, Eschaton didn't mind playing with the angel. In fact, he knowingly invited him to parties just to give himself a self-imposed handicap. He didn't have any ill will against him as he always thought he was merely playing a character. The shadow guard stood their ground around the sarcophagus, preventing the angel from getting any closer. He didn't disagree with what he had said, but at the same time, was Empyrean really the best person to be trusted with something like this? Once again, the knight remained silent, staring at the angel with his piercing crimson eyes, while waiting for Fritz to either deny or approve his request before deciding his next course of action. Despite everything, his habit of remaining mute most of the time still remained. But then again, words weren't needed to convey the frustration and vexation within the soul of the knight.

coded by natasha.
  • Carmainerose

Carmaine’s heart froze up for a moment. Standing before the dark knight was a beast masquerading as her former friend, a mocking parody of someone she used to care about. The sound and sight of his body contorting and assuming its new form sent a chill down her spine, her body instinctively taking a step backwards as her need for self-preservation kicked into hyperdrive. Multiple openings had presented themselves throughout this encounter that would’ve allowed Carmaine to strike at her former friend, perhaps even a critical blow. But she never took any of them. As Egaloth began his rampage Carmaine’s mind was completely blank, the world around her suddenly went quiet, the lives of the NPCs lost all meaning. The dark knight watched the ensuing slaughter with vacant eyes, the screams of the villagers now becoming drowned by the sound of her own heartbeat. Such a miniscule mistake had led them down an atrocious path, and at this point there was no turning back. Without the drive to engage her former friend, Carmaine simply sheathed her sword.

*BANG*

Like a blade on fabric Penny’s ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ) shot cut through the silence Carmaine’s mind had sunk into. Immediately after followed the actions taken by Eschaton ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper ) and his NPCs as they all attempted and succeeded in restraining Egaloth. In the midst of such a chaotic scenario such actions sent shockwaves of inspiration that reverberated all throughout Carmaine’s soul. If they truly wanted to strive in such an unforgiving world then Carmaine would need to steel her resolve and temper her expectations, just like those two had done just now. As Egaloth was completely sealed away the dark knight offered a moment of silence for their fallen comrade, burying alongside him the compassion that made her hesitate just a few seconds prior.

“Adelheid, are you alri-” ( Pyosimros Pyosimros ) Carmaine’s attempt at ensuring the elf’s safety was cut short as the chihuahua man known as Zagreus ( StealthyShades StealthyShades ) ensnared herself and Fritz with a hug. Usually under such circumstances the dark knight would groan and fight back such an action from him. This time though she only groaned. Between all that had happened it was nice to at least feel such a shade of affection, even if it came from the guild’s snotty nosed dog. Carmaine simply patted the cursed knight’s head with a frustrated expression. “Ugh, just try not to be so fucking stupid next time. And for the love of god, brush your teeth for once.”

As things finally began to cool down a bit Carmaine listened carefully as Fritz ( Slav Slav ) assigned her a mission concerning the village’s wellbeing. “Leave it to me, I may not be able to mend their wounds, but I can sure as hell stoke the fire enough to turn them all into our useful puppets.” She accepted without hesitation before walking off. Egaloth had been able to ravage the village due Carmaine’s mistake, thus she’d gladly do anything to write her wrongs. And plus, she knew exactly what to say. With a solemn stride she walked into the village, paying no mind to the carnage around her. Never once did the dark knight stop, not until she had reached the centre of the village, where many of the villagers had been amassed thanks to Fritz’s efforts. For a few seconds, Carmaine simply stood there. Suddenly, without uttering a single word Carmaine drew out her sword, burying the tip of the blade into the soil. Much to the shock of those around her the dark knight was suddenly engulfed by a pillar of fire that extended far up into the sky. The flames danced in a beautiful yet invigorating manner, lighting up the ruined village. Moments later the fire finally dissipated, revealing a perfectly intact Carmaine, who’s gaze was now set on the NPC’s around her.

“CITIZENS OF THIS VILLAGE, HEAR MY WORDS!” Carmaine’s booming voice echoed throughout the village. “Your prayers for salvation have been answered, for we, the members of the Enigma guild, have come to your rescue! Thanks to our valiant efforts the demon that ravaged your town is no more! Know that on this dreary day our only regret is not being able to save all of you! I know how you feel, and I regret to say that the rage caused by the loss of your loved ones will stay with you for the rest of your lives, burning away at your souls…” Carmaine paused for a moment. “HOWEVER! You can take that fire and use it as a weapon to protect those who still live! Know that the weakness you showed today made such a calamity impossible to stop, but no more! No more will you need to cower as your loved ones are butchered! No more will you need to rely on someone else to fight your fights! No more will you be defenceless! Today you live in misery, but tomorrow I promise you GLORY! Abandon your life as cattle and join the ranks of our guild’s army! I will guide those brave enough who step forward to a new chapter in your lives, one where you’ll no longer be prey!”

coded by natasha.

Fritz watched Carmaine walk off before turning to Eschaton. "This village didn't deserve any of this. Guild members must get approval before leaving the castle. We cannot risk another disaster like this, one that costs us our friend." He said, trying his best to stay composed despite the circumstances. His gaze shifted onto Empyrean who had approached him with a rather bold question. A question that Fritz did not take too much of a liking to. "You mean to tell me that you want to experiment on our friend? I'm sure we can find other means to find out how this curse works without butchering our friend." The demon said, becoming increasingly irritated at the lack of subtlety. Did he really expect Fritz to say yes to such an outrageous request? He could feel the anger swell up in his body, but it died down after he refocused on what was ahead.

He heard Carmaine's voice from the village, though it was too far to decipher what she was precisely saying. "Once Carmaine finishes up her speech, we will discuss an action plan. We don't know who the villagers are loyal to, and I would rather air on the side of caution." Fritz said to those around him. There was a lot to unpack after today's events and some time to sit back and assess their situation could prove useful. Some members still needed time to get adjusted to this new world, especially those that are afflicted with less than stellar effects.

Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars TreasureSniper TreasureSniper
Mentions: Servant Servant

Penny

She hesitated. Even thought the NPCs were being slaughtered by her possesed guildmate, the action she took was a half-assed one. If she really wanted to down Egaloth she should had stacked at least 10 buffs, equipped a more suitable gun and use stronger round. She did none of that, but thankfully Eschaton was able to contain him before the demon caused more destruction. Penny took a silent vow to steel her will, Egaloth wasn't the only one who hear voices in their head so she should prepare for the worst probability. She glanced at Zagreus in the distance and let out a muffled chuckle when she noticed that he was in a maid outfit of all things.

Eschaton and Empyrean were handling Egaloth, Fritz had issued some orders and Carmaine was handling the situation regarding the villagers. There's no urgent task that needs to be done so Penny wanted to test something. Ressurection. It's not like she wanted to play god but she needs to know whether it was a feasible thing to do considering her set of job classes. The knowledge about this would help her decision-makings in the future, for sure.

"I'm going into the village." She said to Fritz as she ignited her wingpack and soared towards her destination. Upon landing on the roof of one of the still intact building, Penny could hear Carmaine's fiery speech as she tried to motivate the remaining villagers. At least no villager would bother her now.

Wandering around the village, Penny's eyes scoured through the destroyed buildings until she spotted the corpse of a young man that was still relatively intact. Seeing the lifeless body reminded Penny of her work, the one from the previous world. Suddenly getting thrown into this new world didn't feels that bad of a deal. She got to live in a less shitty world, hopefully.

"Ressurection." Extending her hand forward and casted the spell. A beam of light came out of her hand and engulfed the man's body. Feathers of light danced around her and she could hear a faint jingle of a bell inside her head. The light beam seemed to gradually repair the body and when it finished, the man opened his eyes once again.

Confused and bewildered at the chain of events that just happened to him, the man darted his eyes wildly before his sight fell onto the holy figure that just pulled him from the afterlife. He opened his mouth in attempt to speak to her but his mouth was too dry that the only noise he could make were some groans. Meanwhile Penny seemed uncomfortable at the result of her spell. Part of her wished the dead would simply stay dead. Unable to look at the resurected man in the eye, Penny donned her plague gas mask to cover her face and walked away. Her mind buzzing with various things as she ponders about her existence in this new world.

Interact: Slav Slav
Mention: TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Servant Servant StealthyShades StealthyShades

Empyrean

1661704481197.png

Shock was written upon Empyrean's face as his eyes widened after hearing Fritz's response to his proposal. He wasn't shocked by the answer he got but more so by the reasoning behind the answer. "I have no intention of chopping Egaloth into little pieces. Whatever ails him is surely mental or spiritual." It seemed that his guildmates thought he was no more than a butcher, perhaps a mad scientist at best. While he could be sadistic in his experimentation, he would never treat a friend or guildmate in such a way, especially not while they still lived. What concerned him more so than the idea of how his guildmates perceived him was the suggestion that none of them may leave the castle without approval. First Egaloth was to become a prisoner and now they are all going to be micro managed. His wings raised themselves up and lifted Empyrean higher into the air. He could not wait to see how this meeting would go.

Slav Slav

Puberty... AGAIN!!!
Zagreus Kayn
Interactions: Slav Slav Britt-21 Britt-21 Servant Servant Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
So many emotions filled Zagreus's mind. Anger. Sadness. Embarrassment and many more. Why did it seem like everyone was against him when the only thing he wanted was to harmlessly find a way to satisfy hankering for blood? "Learn to start gathering your own blood, Zagreus. I may not always be here to satisfy your hunger too. I have myself to worry about as the full class." That comment stung a little bit, but she was right. He needed to find a way to gather blood without “causing panic”; He may not be the one that caused all this chaos but he definitely had some of the blame pushed onto him. This is unfair, so I came here as a gatherer, who meant no harm, yet I’m the one being scolded. Egaloth came here to satisfy his urge to kill it seems everyone cares more about him than me. Zag responded to his favorite goth hottie, “Oh Sweetheart, you shouldn't have,” he said with a sarcastic flirty attitude. “Maybe you can show me how you get these sometimes and I will do something for you in return… See it as a great deal… I bite your neck, you bite mine.” He ended everything by giving her a flirtatious smirk and a wink.

By this time the power couple pulled away from his hug and answered him with the same statement. “Ugh, just try not to be so fucking stupid next time.” "I expected more from you. Encouraging Egaloth like that puts us all in danger. Try and think first next time, yeah?" He wasn't expecting a round of applause for what happened, but he also got so much negativity all at once.“Hey if it’s not stupid, then it’s not me.. Haha,” He said with a nervous smile as he leaned down to pick up the vile of blood that his lady threw at him before. All the words and looks bounced around in his head. Was he truly part of the team or was he just a rabid dog that they had on a leash? Am I? It took him a few moments to realize that he is being silly. Of course, they think I’m a dog. Everyone loves dogs!

He took the vile of blood out, popped the cork, and drank it. He licked his lips to savor every last drop. “Hey, that tastes like…” All of a sudden, Zageus’s body began to change. His muscles began to pulse and ache. His chest and ribs started to feel like something was ripping him open. A pair of arms come out of the side of his torso. What the fuck! Stay calm master your body is almost done transforming. Transforming? He didn’t know what was happening to him. It’s not uncommon for a demon to grow a pair of wings or grow in size when going full-demon but this was very new to him. Zagreus usually never transformed with his character. He usually played quickly and quietly so that he didn’t get caught. Once he was finished transforming he was a little bit more than 7 1/2 feet tall with an extra set of eyes and arms. “Whoa this was unexpected but I could have fun with this. This new power could be useful.” With his growing size, the maid outfit that once covered his body was ripped to shreds and surprisingly the only thing that stayed intact barely was the demon's underwear.

The conflict between Fritz and Empyrean grew to the extent that it drew curiosity from Zagreus. What could cause them to bicker back and forth? "You mean to tell me that you want to experiment on our friend? I'm sure we can find other means to find out how this curse works without butchering our friend." Zagreus knew where Fritz was coming from but he disagreed with his stance. “Okay. Serious talk, That thing was not our friend. Our friend lost the battle in his head and his demon took over. That thing we took out was the demon in control, not Egaloth. I think Empyrean should do tests, Not experiments, TESTS so that we can see if our friend is still in there." He reinsures the group that just because Empyrean was a little psychotic at times that he was still originally human and had good intentions. “Nobody plans on butchering anybody. I would even be willing to be a little bit of a guinea pig as well.”
Code By Nano

TIMESKIP!!!!!!
After their situation at the village died down, the group had made their way back to the guild and was now gathered around the table in the large meeting room they were originally in before. "Now that we are all here together, we can actually have a talk about how to proceed now. " Fritz kicked his feet up onto the table, seeming more jovial now that they were out of that situation. "While nothing went as planned, I think there are a few things we can take away from what happened today." He took his hat off and laid it onto the table, looking around the room at what guild members were left.

"Egaloth will remained locked away until we can figure out how to fix him or if there even is an Egaloth left. I know you want to experiment on him Empyrean and I will only you to do so if you promise not to hurt him physically in capacity. We don't know if our friend is under there, so I'd like to air on the side of caution. The experiments must be in the dungeons though, I haven't changed my mind on that." Fritz's gaze stayed on Empyrean for a few moments before shifting to the rest of the group. "I know you might not be happy about not being able to leave the castle without permission right now, but until we have an action plan, I will not risk a conflict with the outside world." After saying his piece, he removed his feet from the table and sat up, gesturing to the group.

"If anybody has any ideas they want to bring to the table, you are free to do so. This an open forum and I want to hear all of your opinions." This was a guild after all and all opinions needed to be heard before a final decision was made. He knew some opinions might be more unorthodox due to the nature of some of the members, but it's still better to hear them. He twiddled his thumbs waiting for a response from anybody that wanted to speak. His eyes widened, raising his finger to add one last thought. "I just remembered something. Do try to treat NPC's with care, or at least ones that are your own. They seem to have the same sentience as us, so try to treat them as if they were a guild member." He laid his hands on the table, finally finishing his thoughts. He hoped it wasn't too much, but a lot occurred so it was unavoidable.

Interactions: StealthyShades StealthyShades LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Servant Servant TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Britt-21 Britt-21 Pyosimros Pyosimros

Penny

Penny sat on one of the seat available around the table. Her eyes were scanning everyone in the room, making a mental note on who was there and who wasn't. In front of her was a large open book with some scribbles that looks like spilled noodles. Her eyes squinted disapprovingly when Fritz put his legs on the table but she didn't say anything and resumed her scribbling in the book. The book she was using was called the tome of projection, a common artifact that can be used to project whatever written in it on the air. Fritz might remember the time she applied to the guild and use the book to make an offfice-style presentation about her 300+ in-game achievements in detail alongside some questionable doodles. After Fritz finished his briefing and prompt anyone to voice their opinion, Penny raised her hand silently and waited until everyone around had their attention on her.

"Two things from me."

"First, resurrection can be done. I revived an NPC from the village." Her eyes sweeped the room in an attempt to make a pause so everyone can absorb the information, though this only made her realize that she was currently the center of attention of several people, in real life. Suddenly she felts the urge to run away and hide in her room, so she put her plague gas mask on and convinced herself that they're looking at the gas mask, not her. This calmed her nerves and let her continue her talk, albeit now with her muffled distorted voice.

"T-this mean. We can perform beatdown reset on Egaloth. Until whatever causing his possession got removed." Beatdown reset was an unofficial term coined by YGGDRASIL's players. It's basically consist of a player with no equipment and inventory getting killed again and again by their own friends in order to let them lose their exp level safely and quickly, thus enabling them to change their classes.

"Though, I think this should be a last resort." Albeit her face was covered, her voice sounded obviously uncomfortable at the thing she just proposed. Unlike in the game, pain exist in this world so she couldn't imagine what would it feel to be killed multiple times.

"Second thing. Scouting should be our top priority." Tapping the book twice, a projection was conjured in the middle of the group. It was the drawing of a simple squiggly square in the middle with four arrows pointed at four different directions. Next to each arrows was a pair of circle with two dots and a line to indicate faces on each one.

"My proposal. At least two persons sent to each of cardinal directions for scouting. Some can be left here to guard the base and handle the village. A lot of ground can be scouted quickly. Scout and regroup, then decide our next actions with more knowledge." With a simple nod, Penny turned off her tome and ended her speech. She wasn't good at public speaking so she simply hoped that she floored her plan clearly for everyone to understand.

Interaction: everyone

sCaDwMU.jpg
ADELHEID BACH
W/ THE ENIGMA GUILD
Adelheid was seated alongside her guildmates. Her upper body was leaned against the table, her hands clasped in front of her. Letting out a soft yet satisfying yawn, she slowly inched her chair forward with her feet, allowing her to sink deeper into her already lazed position. She was tired—extremely tired. Casting spells and performing her general guild tasks as the "real" Adelheid rather than the online Adelheid was an exhausting experience, though in general she was in good spirits.

Home at last! The thought brought a small smile to her lips. Thankfully they had all come back from the village ordeal in one piece, albeit with Egaloth's mind in a questionable state of sanity. With the number of high-level magic users however, curing the demon's ailments shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Adelheid tiredly gazed at Fritz as he discussed the guild's next actions. The most pressing of which was the keep Egaloth contained, which the sorcerer wholeheartedly agreed with, and she had no contentions. Though Fritz's next commands were ones Adelheid couldn't agree with.

"Why not? The rest of us aren't going to blow up another village in our spare time," Adelheid huffed, her posture straightening slightly as she spoke. "We're not like Egaloth—we don't have talking voices in our heads, except for Zagreus. But the rest of us can be trusted!"

As Penny added her thoughts to the discussion, Adelheid silently slid her arm under the table, gently elbowing Carmaine who was seated to her left. Her head tilting slightly towards her guildmate, she whispered, "You're closer to Fritz, right?" She paused to turn her head to face the dark knight, before continuing in a more whiny and pleading tone. "Please Carmaine~, can you talk to him about this?"

Unlike the other members of the guild, Eschaton chose to stand right beside Fritz as per his duties as his personal bodyguard. There was a lot to unpack from his statements, he wondered who exactly was going to enforce his orders. Though based on the hierarchy of command in the game, he wouldn't be surprised if it was his and Charmaine's task. Fritz's orders seemed rather vague in many areas, and the knight was personally worried about how the more rebellious members of this guild would react.

Despite his initial hesitation towards handling their fallen friend, Egaloth, he could see why Fritz would allow Empyrean to conduct experiments on him. That being said, Eschaton would have his knights closely monitor his activities, keeping an eye out for any activities that could be deemed treacherous. Empyrean still has the most questionable character out of all of them, but he seemed to be the most qualified person for the job given that he has the most experience in experimenting with living creatures. Although Eschaton remained silent, his head briefly shifted towards Empyrean upon being given permission to experiment on his friend.

Upon being asked for opinions, Penny was one of the first ones to speak out. Her suggestion to simply kill off Egaloth to simply reset him was troubling, but at the same time logical, given that most of the mechanics from Yggdrasil had carried over onto this new world. If Empyrean's experimentations bore fruit, perhaps they wouldn't have to resort to such barbaric measures. This was the only reason he himself would agree to allow the angel to experiment on his friend. Though Eschaton himself did have a small stash of Wand of resurrections, he believed it was important to play it safe.

Penny's second point was much more interesting to the Knight, as he too wanted to suggest such an operation. He took note of Penny's shyness in the situation, remembering that she often acted like that when presenting her opinions during meetings. Guess some things never change, even in this new world. However, before the knight could voice his own opinion, Adelheid had her own say in the matter, taking a shot at a Zagreus, noting that he was another one of them who had voices in their head.

"Lord Fritz, I am inclined to agree with Penny's suggestion. Scouting the surrounding region would be an important step towards understanding our place in this world." Wow, that sounded way deeper than it should! But nonetheless, he stood by his point. What kind of people and creatures lived in this world? Do they pose are they danger to this guild? Were they the top dog here or just another member of the food chain? What is the guild protocol for dealing with outsiders? So many questions that need to be answered.

"However, as Adelheid had mentioned, not all of us are suited for such a task.." While he wasn't explicitly talking about Zagreus, he did note that many of the non-human members of the guild might not mix well with the people of the new world, him included, though he would have a way of circumventing this. In truth, he'd rather not have so many members of the guild go out at once, but knowing this group, it is unlikely that any of them would stay put, him included. "as such if all of us must go out..the partners must be chosen carefully, made up of people who are able to keep each other in check..." His head pivoted around, looking at each and every one of the members. Once again, he was singling anyone out, though there were definitely a few individuals who were more noteworthy in their troublesome factors. Namely, Zagreus and Empyrean from their previous actions. Though, Tempesta and even their guild leader Fritz were creatures that were capable of some feral instinct based on their race descriptions.

And who is to say Eschaton himself wasn't immune to such corruption? Now that he thought about it when was the last time he felt something ever since he went into the new world? This sudden realization made him feel completely numb all over his body, he had lost all sensation of feeling anything. No, there wasn't any feeling at all in the first place, his mind just didn't want to accept it, and filled in the gaps, how harrowing. Despite the half golems mental distress, all the group saw the knight simply idly staring at them with an enigmatic gaze. It was then he had realized had been unintentionally staring at Tempesta the entire time. Oops. And with that, he continued the discussion without missing a beat.
"My knights can remain within the guild's castle and village perimeter to defend it. They will repel any invaders with non-lethal force in accordance with the prerogative of establishing non-hostile relations with the people of this world." At least, that's what he understood based on Fritz's actions and current stance. Though he knew Carmaine would likely have something to say about all this. While Eschaton was Fritz's bodyguard, Carmaine was the closest thing to the guild's second in command, even if it was never official.

Tempesta.png
1662172602953.png

Tempesta normally would've put her own two cents in, but alas, everyone else already had voiced their own problems with the situation between Egaloth and staying stuck inside the guild. One leg was crossed over the other while her cheek rested against her fist. Scouting did sound a hell of a lot better than being holed up inside the Guild for God knows how long. Her crimson eyes scanned over her teammates, letting her own mind wonder for a time. Honestly, it was as if she was out of it for the time being. Fritz takes up the leader role quite nicely. Calls the shots with no hesitation. No wonder Carmaine and Eschaton are basically his left and right hand men. ( Slav Slav ) she thought while those eyes stopped on the wizard. The vampire's eyes shifted to the projection within the room made by Penny ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ) Quite the smart and strategic one, Penny. Keep convincing Fritz to let us out and I'm gonna have to reward you. a smile almost had tugged the side of her lip but it quickly went away as Adel piped up. Clearly she wasn't happy, and she did have a point. The rest of the team could be trusted aside from Zag, but so far he hasnt shown any signs of murderous rampage like Egaloth did. ( Pyosimros Pyosimros )

Such complex times and it's only been a short while. closing her eyes for just a moment, she drew a breath and released it silently before opening them once again and spotting Eschaton who had been facing in her direction. Especially after making his comment about choosing partners carefully to keep each other in line. She could feel it, those eyes underneath that helmet staring right at her. Eschaton, I can feel you looking at me~ just slightly did her crimson eyes narrow as he continued his speech to the rest of the guild. Once he had finished, she parted her own lips to speak up. ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper ) "See, we have the most efficient ideas Fritz. But alas, we're unable to execute them due to you holding us up in the guild." breaking her contact from Eschaton, she continued while landing on Fritz "Everyone has a solid point. Quite frankly, I don't like the idea of being holed up in a building like an animal. We should be productive, make improvements. Start building relations with any other villages, towns, or even cities we can find." the woman gestured with her hands, more or less talking with them. "Perhaps making something to keep us all in communication could work. Whether that be talking through magic crystals, mirrors, or perhaps using spells. Obviously, we no longer have the chat where we can have that all-party tab."

"That's just my word in on the situation while fully agreeing with Penny, Adel, and Eschaton. I know your reasoning is to avoid conflict, but if we're all almost in our right minds. I don't see the issue." she shrugged and awaited for the next person to speak.

SEEEEX…. Now That I Have Your Attention
Zagreus Kayn
The pink-haired demon examined the room and saw that people didn't want to sit next to their dear leader, Fritz. So Zagreus stood two chairs away from his fellow demon. He grabbed the chair in front of him and sat down; This would give an impression that he isn’t mad at Fritz’s decision the other day. He was mainly just confused the whole time. The only time he knew what was happening was when the Illusionist used hell hounds to scare villagers. It was like a pack of wolves attacking sheep. " We don't know if our friend is under there, so I'd like to air on the side of caution. The experiments must be in the dungeons though, I haven't changed my mind on that." Zagreus was glad that Fritz allowed Empyrean to do tests on Egaloth. This new world that they live in now was full of things that were familiar to the guild, but mostly unknowns. Their friend got corrupted by the evil force that he had never been able to communicate with until now. And yet Zag has two of them. And the worst thing that he had to deal with Solis and Luna was a sibling fight between the two of them."We're not like Egaloth—we don't have talking voices in our heads, except for Zagreus. But the rest of us can be trusted!" He was disgusted by the witch's comment. Retaliation was inevitable. With a teasing tone to it, he said ”Ahhh yes one of the lollies has decided to put on her big girl pants today…pfff.. Give me a break you try dealing with these two all the time.” With a snap of his fingers, he called upon Solis and Luna; they stood to the side of their master with a cocky look on their faces. “Surprisingly I have more control over mine than Egaloth did with his. I suspect it’s because I cursed myself while It was a part of our fallen friend's class.” He explains further that he doesn’t know his full potential with this new power but he will allow Empyrean to do some tests to ensure that he can safely use it. With another snap, the demon retreat right back into Zagreus.

"If anybody has any ideas they want to bring to the table, you are free to do so. This an open forum and I want to hear all of your opinions." Zag has many ideas some are strategic, some are artistic, some are daring, but most are dumb as shit. He was never a guy with a plan. He was more like a dog chasing a car. He just does things for no reason. He is smart in other ways but he was always more of punch first ask questions never. “..Do try to treat NPCs with care, or at least ones that are your own. They seem to have the same sentience as us, so try to treat them as if they were a guild member." I could’ve told you that, Walmart Willy Wonka. Umbra and Creo have been very defensive lately. They almost tried to kill Empyrean for just flying nearby. Zag kicked his feet up on the table and leaned back in his chair. “This is going to be good,” he said to himself quietly.

When he saw little Penny raise her hand he was happy; she was always smart and made things easy to understand. She was always the shy type, but Zag would always try to joke with her less than the others mainly because when prey don't fight back it’s less entertaining. “Scouting should be our top priority. My proposal. At least two persons sent to each of cardinal directions for scouting. Some can be left here to guard the base and handle the village. A lot of ground can be scouted quickly. Scout and regroup, then decide our next actions with more knowledge." After hearing everyone’s opinions on scouting Zag clearly saw through everyone’s lies. He knew that the only reason why they wanted to go scouting was, that they didn’t want to be held up in the castle until it was “safe.” He wasn’t going to have it. They had plenty of low-level troops who are specialize in scouting and can do it much faster than any guild mates could. If his guild truly wanted to scout out the surroundings they would’ve instead of chasing down Egaloth, Empyrean, and him. “All of you have amazing perspectives and scouting is definitely something we should do, but we have troops and soldiers for that. Also, half of our guilds are non-humans and are known for having negative relations with humans. I may be a fucking idiot. If we truly want to send multiple guildmates out to scout we need not only a pare people up carefully, as Eschaton said." He gestured towards the Golem. "But we also need some illusion magic to ensure nobody looks like a threat.” He knew he was going to be the minority in that room but if anyone knows the importance of blending in, in order not to attract attention Zag would know. The Monks shadow started to move uncontrollably as if something was trapped in it and it want out. A Blonde beauty rose from his shadow wearing shiny dark grey armor. “I.. I can explain.” the Blonde turn and stared at Zagreus. “Iris, I didn't summon you. Why are you here?” He said quietly to her. “Im sorry master but I heard father’s voice and wanted to see him.” she looked into Eschaton’s soul. “Hello, father.” A nervous look appeared on Zagreus’s face “ Like I said I can Explain….”
Code By Nano

coded by natasha.
  • Carmainerose

Sitting under a stern and thoughtful mask Carmaine was trying her best to impede any showings of her gleeful demeanor to come through and expose themselves to the rest of her guildmates. For you see, the “rescuing” of the village bore its sweet fruits by adding a grand total of 80 living troops to the ranks of her army. A miniscule number composed of fragile NPCs, however Carmaine had practically spent the entire day alongside Ou Sen and Ri Haku overseeing the training regime that Kei Sha was putting the brand new recruits through. The knowledge that she could soon expand her army was…accelerating. Her mind ran wild with potential ideas on where to take them once they were fully ready for battle, though right now she was more than content with just watching the way her grand general broke down the trainees with the intent to remold them into something so much stronger. Throughout the entire meeting her lips had slowly begun curling into a tiny smile, try as she might it was near impossible for her to hide her excitement.

Of course, despite the fact that her mind was currently a bit all over the place, she paid proper attention to what everyone had to say. For starters, circumstances had placed Carmaine firmly to the side of Fritz’s proposal of limiting the guild’s outings, though this was in grand part due to the fact that she was content simply by watching her troops training. What interested her the most though was what Penny had to add within the topic of resurrection. This truly expanded the reach of possibilities that were now presented before Enigma, truly a fantastic discovery. Her point for scouting was one that Carmaine didn’t care all that much for considering her current stance on outings. Meanwhile, Tempesta’s point on the matter perfectly fit her far more “unchained” way of acting, hell she was surprised the vampire even took the time to propose her side rather than just go out and act on it. Zagreus’ point was the most surprising to say the least, one would think he’d be the most vocal about going outside, but it seems even an insane clock can be right twice a day. He chose not to comment on his whole “shitting an NPC out of his shadow”, that was for him to deal with.

I left Eschaton’s point for last due to how the imprint it left on Carmaine’s mind. Between her previous excitement and now the knight’s point about repelling an invading force with “non-lethal force” made it so that the dark knight couldn’t contain herself any longer, without warning Carmaine burst into a full on uncontrollable laughter. “Sorry sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh, but non-lethal force? Seriously? What are they gonna do, hit the invaders with the dull side of their blade?” After a bit more laughing Carmaine had finally regained her composure. “I don’t mean to question your methods, Echie my dear, but cmon, surely it’d be best to outright kill any invading forces rather than just sending them home with a slap on the wrist, no matter how severe that slap may be. Send an invader home and they are bound to come back with a bigger force, send home their corpses though and that’s sure to give them the proper message. I get that you are following Fritz’s stance, but surely there’s a better way of going about things if shit hits the fan in that way.” Carmaine was about ready to continue her discussion with Eschaton, but a soft strike to her side forced her to shift her attention towards her tiny assailant.

"You're closer to Fritz, right? Please Carmaine~, can you talk to him about this?"

Any signs of her previous exuberance faded away in a second as she heard Adelheid’s pleas. Carmaine rubbed the bridge of her nose in frustration and muttered a curse, not because she was about to say no, but because she couldn’t say it. Carmaine had always had a hard time denying the sorcerer’s requests, maybe because she had known Adelheid for such a long time. Plus, she reminded the dark knight a bit of the little sister she never had. With a frustrated sigh Carmaine turned to face Fritz and the rest of the guild.

“Within the topic of scouting, I’d like to raise something that recently popped up. According to my head scout, Ri Haku, his fairies found a village that…well, frankly he couldn’t exactly describe what had happened to it. Just know that it appears to be a messy situation. The fact that he was perplexed is what worries me the most. With your permission, Fritz, I’d like to head over to investigate. To further examine the scene I’d like to take Adelheid with me, I am sure her…expertise will help in figuring out what happened. Should you approve of it, I'll fill out a proper report and hand it over before the sun sets today.” With nothing else to add anymore Carmaine leaned closer to Adelheid to whisper something back. “If he allows it, you owe me one.” She murmured before using her index finger to flick Adelheid’s forehead as a sign of her own frustration.

coded by natasha.

Empyrean

1662217364901.png

Returning to the guild hall, Empyrean was in a foul mood and highly displeased with the restrained natured that his guildmates seemed to approach this new world with. For all they knew, they were first real people here. They should have been out testing their strengths, learning the way their bodies worked, and the way the world worked. Instead they wanted to sit around a table and debate the next course of action. The angel sat towards the end of the table, lost in thought as he tried to plot out his own ideas and desires. This was essentially a fresh world where the mistakes of their old one did not exist and with more variables to play with.

It was only when he heard his name the Empyrean awoke from his day dreaming. Slowly a smile stretched across his face as joy built up inside of him. "I assure you all, Egaloth will only experience minor discomfort while I try to understand the depths of is condition. I have no intention of torturing our companion, my ultimate goal is to reverse his condition." The idea of repeatedly killing Egaloth was appalling even to Empyrean. That would be brutal and perhaps even worsen the man's condition, but it was impossible to know. People protested the lockdown idea that Fritz wanted to implement and Empyrean had to agree, it would be most annoying to ask for permission and that may also slow down the tasks people were trying to complete. But for now he was content and had gotten what he wanted. Zag's suggestion that they use glamours to hide their inhuman identities wasn't the worst idea and it brought a smile to Empyrean's face. "I could use my angelic nature to sway the more religious factions and nations within the world to our side. And with Penny's help it would be very easy to sell."

So far it seemed that a fair amount of people were somewhat opposed to at least one thing that Fritz had proposed. Of the way in which he wanted to execute things. It was interesting to see the others voice their opinions and make their stance clear. "I think that we should create a division within our guild to deal with outside agents with force. A division which we can disassociate from, allowing the guild to maintain a positive reputation, but still allow us to get stuff done in whatever manner would be most efficient."

Mentions: Slav Slav StealthyShades StealthyShades Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Mephisto.Pheles.600.784295.jpg

"Hmmm.. it certainly doesn't surprise me that resurrection works on NPCs. Even though it works, I'm cautious against using it on a player. We still don't know how it affects us." Fritz said, tapping his fingers on the table. He was glad Penny decided to speak up, she usually was one of the quieter ones. He stroked his chin at Penny's proposal, a scouting mission for them all essentially. While he wasn't against the idea, he had to maintain his wariness since it was his job to look after everyone. "Certainly a good idea to consider, though I'll wait on what everyone else has to say before making a decision." He said, showing some approval to wait Penny said.

Fritz ignored the outburst from Adelheid, simply giving her a glare for what she had said about Zagreus. While he didn't think Zagreus was in his best mind currently, he certainly wasn't a threat to everyone like Egaloth. The demon then turned his head over to Eschaton, listening to his opinion as well. He wasn't surprised when he agreed with Penny's idea, though his elaboration on the subject matter made him grow fonder of her idea. "Sounds very tempting, I love the idea of making pairs that way. As for keeping the castle safe, I'm confident enough in our defenses that I'm not worried about that. Between your Legions and our NPCs, I'm sure any attacker would be easily turned away." Fritz said, showing a smile before directing his gaze to Tempesta.

"I said everybody will remain at the guild until we have an action plan. Once we have that action plan, you will no longer be holed up here. Since much of you are already coming to an agreement, it shouldn't take long to implement one." Fritz said, noticing that his concerns were his alone. Zagreus made an astute point regarding scouting. They had the resources to simply delegate the task to other beings, it would certainly be less risky that way, but it was becoming increasingly clear to Fritz that many of them simply wanted to explore, and he couldn't blame them. The demon raised an eyebrow as Iris called Eschaton father. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Fritz said, thankful that Carmaine brought up a different topic to him.

"Another village..." Fritz said, sitting there deep in thought as he was formulating a decision. "If you really want to get out of here that much, I won't stop you." Fritz said, giving his approval. The last person to speak was Empyrean and his ideas would be great for future expansion. "Those are excellent ideas for when we expand our influence over this world." He said, standing up from his chair to finalize their plan. "If Carmaine is going out to the scouted village, I don't see why the rest of you can't scout as well. We'll be doing what Miss Penny suggested, moving out in groups of two. The first pair has already been established with Carmaine and Adelheid, heading to the village in the Southeast. Eschaton and Zagreus can move as a pair to scout the North. Tempesta and Empyrean can scout the West. Penny can scout with me to the South to avoid accidentally covering ground that has already been covered." Fritz said, looking around for any objections. He trusted Tempesta and Eschaton to watch out for the troublemakers. "Any objections?"

Interactions: Servant Servant Britt-21 Britt-21 StealthyShades StealthyShades Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Pyosimros Pyosimros TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

Eschaton was happy he had managed to convince Fritz to greenlight the scouting operations. With the guild leader's approval, all the guild members should be allowed to do what they wanted to, within reason of course. He was already formulating which individual he should be paired with. Yes, this is it, a clean slate. A chance to showcase how cool he actually is now that he has a proper voice. However, upon a timely revelation by Zagreus, all these thoughts about enjoying his "popular phase" was put to rest. At first, Zagreus was making quite a reasonable point about how they should go about the scouting operation, suggesting they used disguises to hide their inhuman nature. Unfortunately, what happened next completely derailed whatever constructive discussion they had beforehand.

Once again, Eschaton was thankful that he had no facial features, that way he wouldn't have to hide how weirded out he was by this sudden revelation. He had many question racing through his head at that moment. How was such a thing possible? Was this another one of Zagreus' elaborate pranks? and to think he would pull it at such a time. Eschaton steeled himself, whether it be his new golem emotion suppression or strength of character, he managed to reply. "I see...... Let us discuss this matter some other time, Zargeus, Iris." The golem managed to reply with his usual serious tone. Phew. Crisis averted.

After that, Carmaine thankfully managed to resume the trajectory of the original topic. Though not without criticizing his own approach towards defense, not that he would take offense to it since it was a reasonable criticism. Perhaps in his eagerness to follow Fritz's non-hostile prerogative, he had overlooked the practicality of it. That said, his knights were more than capable of subduing their enemies at the cost of combat efficiency, though as long as the enemies were slightly weaker than them, they should not pose a threat. "Fair point, Carmaine. Rest assured, my knights are well-versed in lethal and non-lethal combat. That said...." the knight's crimson flashed with a burning passion, indicating the importance of his next words. "if an enemy were to return with a larger force after being shown mercy...they will swiftly find out that restraint....is not the same as weakness." While Eschaton seldom boasted about him and his army's prowess, they've all at least seen them both in action enough to know that they were not to be trifled with. With Fritz's blessing, he would gladly march toward any kingdom and personally subjugate it under the guild's name.

While he was slightly disappointed by the choice of partner he was given, it was probably for the best to pair the more dependable members of the group with more troublesome members as per his suggestion. Zagreus, the oddball of the guild. He always had a way of making things more interesting and peculiar, sometimes both. Today was no exception.
"None, my Lord. I shall ensure we complete our recon with the utmost efficiency." And by we he meant himself, as he is likely going to all the work while babysitting Zagreus and attending to his strange npc. "Zagreus, meet me at the stables in 5 minutes. I need to swap out some equipment. Bring Iris with you." He might as well sort everything thing out while they were together. 5 minutes later, Eschaton would arrive at the stables, looking like a completely different character. He looked...human, though the dark gothic armor still remained and stoic voice was a dead giveaway of who he was.
1662469105574.png
He fiddled with his fingers for a bit, trying to get used to the strange sensation of touch once more. Transferring to a body with the sense of a living being was quite an experience. But all the same, it was nice to feel something again. If one looked closely, you could even spot a small grin forming around his mouth, or perhaps it was just a trick of the light. "Zagreus, before we depart, would you mind telling me why Iris referred to me as her father?" Strangely enough, he didn't have anything against the NPC. In fact, he quite liked her design since he always wanted a proper female follower, but was simply not creative enough to make anything that didn't look like a suit of armor.

Penny

Penny didn't say a thing for the remainder of the discussion. She already voiced her suggestion and whatever the result she would follow. She nodded silently as several other members like Eschaton and Tempesta supported her suggestion while slightly raised her eyebrows when Zagreus of all people provided some valid points against it. Also she realized that she might be the only one who didn't trust the NPCs completely. Even before they got transported into this strange world, when YGGDRASIL was still a game, Penny was the type of player who rarely relies on NPCs and the ones she made were mostly focused on resource production instead of combat power. Considering their current situation though, she might need to reconsider her stance about NPCs.

She put her hand under her gas mask in a thinking position as the discussion progress. Finally, Fritz declared that they would be split into groups, similar to what she suggested. Penny personally thought it would be best if they use frontliner-backliner combination for the pair but she could guess roughly the reason why they're split this way. She simply nodded at the conclusion.

"I'm going to bring Don Pengu along, for testing." She said to Fritz before using the messenger spell to connect with the penguin. Though, the only thing she telepathically said to the penguin was 'Come, and prepare for expedition' then immediately disconnected the spell.

Slav Slav

1662672063800.png
Empyrean

Tempesta. Empyrean's eyes cut to look at the woman who was assigned to be his partner and while he had hoped to be partnered with Zagreus and examine the demon in the field, he would settle for a closer look at vampirism, for now. Initially he had come to the table in a sour mood and with very low expectations for Fritz's handling of the many personalities that had been trapped within this new world, but their guild leader had managed to keep control of the room and not piss people off. He even managed to change Empyrean's mood entirely. "Well done imp." Empyrean thought to himself as he pushed away from the table and floated up from his seat. A few people supported his desire to test Egaloth and whether that was inspired by their fear of suffering the same fate or if it was because they hoped to find a cure for their friend, Empyrean was just glad he would not have to sneak around to get the answers he sought.

But that was something to think about for later on. For now they had their goals and their partners. Empyrean hovered across the floor towards Tempesta with his hands clasped behind his back. "The Vampire and the Angel, how poetic." He chuckled lightly before his wings shifted to push him away from the woman. "Is there anything that you need to grab before we head out? I personally would like to head to The Garden." His gold clad finger went up to his chin, tapping softly against his grey skin. "Perhaps take a few pets out for a walk in this new world and see how they do." The golden hue of his eyes rolled back down to look at Tempesta, curious as to her plan for their first official outing.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Tempesta.png
1662672574761.png
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars ((The most interaction)) StealthyShades StealthyShades TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Slav Slav ((Mentions more or less))

Tempesta raised an eyebrow as she landed her gaze upon Zagreus as he was beginning to worry about having to explain the girl who spawned right next to him. "Oh my." she muttered as Fritz claimed he is going to pretend he didn't just hear what he clearly heard "I didn't know we were going to have daddies in this world. How convenient." she teased. At least everyone was in full agreement and no one had any more issues toward the end of their original conversation. On top of that, she happened to be paired with the Angel, which was pretty funny in her own mind. A demonic force hanging out with an Angel. Quite the forbidden trope I'd say. she let out a light chuckle as the vampire rose from her seat. It seemed the Empy here had been on the same page, which made the situation even more comical. "The Garden? Hmm... Well seeing as I've been a good girl and have been keeping myself fully stocked on my main food source, I'm pretty much ready whenever you are so we can stop by there first." she gave him a small impish smile before moving toward the door "Please do make sure to take the pets that wont eat our potential relations if we run into another village." looking at the rest of those who were left, she waved "Good luck." and stepped out.

The pair had stopped by the garden and were soon already off going to the west as they were instructed. While Empyrean used his wings to fly, Tempesta had used another one of her many mounts: A Pegasus. Keeping up with her partner and making sure not to fly too close to knock him off course with her horses' wings. It was still light out, which started to settle her grumpiness. "The effects of my class are very annoying." she muttered under her breath as silver strands gently fluttered in the wind while looking down at the compass in her hand. "You can do as you please on this mission, but you know the limits." crimson eyes moved toward him, glossing over that pretty neck of his "If you're too naughty, I'm going to have to bite you. Let's not let it come down to that." her tongue gently ran over her lips before she looked forward, taking note of what they're flying over or even past. "Or let it, your choice." with the tone she had been using, it clearly wasn't a threat. But more like a daring taunt towards him. She'd be lying if she said she didn't want to sink her teeth into his neck. Blood was different from being pushed into a vial, and being completely fresh from the source.

With her own issues on the rise, she knew she had to behave. Controlling a vampiric class may be hard now due to the sun, but hopefully once it had gotten darker, she could operate far better than now. I should hold onto a parasol for myself. Though its just one more thing I have to worry about. At least the hat does some of the job. Granted not all pursing her lips, she continued Vladimir taught me a few things as this class which are quite useful. He claimed even when hungry, I can live off of human food. Just not as 100% as races that rely on that food. They act more like snacks than anything else. her hand gently petted the horse The sun wont burn, he said, but it can make me significantly grumpy. Which is understandable for a vampiric class. We thrive at night. Which means it's possible for me to be stronger once the light is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back