• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: Enigma (IC)

Characters
Here
coded by natasha.
  • Carmainerose

The ever so serviceable Ri Haku did not stop to think, for he was off the very moment Adelheid asked for a carriage, without even adding any more words. Even though he already knew, there was nobody who’d be witnessing their arrival at their destination. Meanwhile, Carmaine allowed herself to be guided by the arm into the ever-expanding lifeless valley that surrounded the guild. The dark knight had definitely not gotten fully used to such a bland surrounding, a greener change of scenery would definitely be a welcome sight by this point in their stay. Oh well, that would have to wait for a future venture.

For a few minutes the duo idly stood by, waiting for the expected carriage to arrive. While they were just standing there killing time, Carmaine thought it would be best to clear up a certain misunderstanding Adelheid may currently be dealing with. “By the way Adel, I failed to specify this during the meeting, but let me make this clear: Our current mission isn’t one of diplomacy or conversion, it’s one of investigation. At least from what Ri Haku could see, life has been practically snuffed out completely from that area. Frankly I don’t even know if we are gonna uncover anything or if we are even gonna track down the person or creature that did it. I am just saying this now so you don’t blame me later.” Carmaine said, finishing off her warning with a chuckle. She was a few seconds away from offering her friend one final out, a chance for her to stay behind in the castle, but knowing Adel those would’ve simply been wasted words.

After a few more moments a rather extravagant-looking white carriage pulled by four stallions finally arrived, being driven by a somewhat unfamiliar face. Turns out, Ri Haku had granted the task of driving the carriage to one of the NPCs they had recruited during their “rescue” of the village. The NPC simply greeted the duo with a nod, before the carriage doors opened by themselves. The inside proved to somehow be even more luxurious than the outside, as it had been fashioned with long comfortable red seats adjacent to each other, separated by a table. On top of said table awaited the duo a wine bottle lacking any label, two glasses and an assorted platter of cheese and fruits, all courtesy of Ri Haku. Despite such a grand ride, all that Carmaine did was sigh at its sight. She knew exactly where the carriage had come from, originally it was a mere piece of housing furniture given out to those who completed a seasonal christmas event questline. While definitely a looker, it simply didn’t mesh well with her tastes. Whatever, they might as well get comfortable for now, so Carmaine got inside and began pouring herself a glass of wine. As long as she didn’t go overboard, surely it wouldn’t matter if she drank juuuuuuust a little bit. “And by the way Adel, I am not telling you what Ri Haku saw in that village. I would much rather see your reaction.” The dark knight smiled deviously before she began drinking from her glass. The ride was ready to go.
    Pyosimros Pyosimros

coded by natasha.

Tempesta.png
1664780870285.png

Ears twitched slightly when Empyrean had spoken up from a different room, claiming belongings were around but remains were not. As if I couldn't tell that, Empyrean. We'd see bones casted around here. the vampire thought with a shake of her head as she tossed the papers back inside the chest and ruffled through it some more. There was massive doubt about finding a map within this woman's box, which is what caused her to stop looking in there and close the top. While the angel rushed in happily and excited about something he was mentioning before, she spoke up "As for the map, Empyrean, no. I haven't found one. What I have found was the name of this place: The Home of Noir. But that's about it." No need to mention the scandal that went down. It was information he didn't need to know about. With a sigh leaving her lips, she placed her hands upon her hips "So there's a monster in the area. Its in that little notebook you got there, right?" Tempesta nodded toward the book.

"I heard you talking about something involving evacuating a town and stuff. Maybe they were under attack by a foe they couldn't hold off on their own?" if he found the book in another room, its possible the map wouldn't be in this room like the maid chambers. Perhaps it would be better to look in the room he had just been in, considering he basically found a big hint on what was happening to those who were in this area. "So far it seems you're having far more luck at finding things than I am, so I think we should go back to that room that you found that treasure." The vampire began to make her way by him, her heels clicking on the ground with each step "Did you make sure to read that whole diary? Cause it sounds like that book has more than what we were looking for. Maybe there's a hand drawn map inside? Far fetched but not impossible." in a way, it sounded like she was avoiding the issue of finding a new map, but in reality, she wanted to cover all of the ground as much as she could.

"I know you're more than excited to find the possible new monster to your collection."

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

1664794888099.png
Interaction : StealthyShades StealthyShades Mentions: Slav Slav
"Hmm...my apologies, I did not think such a question would upset her to such an extent." Eschaton quietly commented on the severe change in mood of his apparent "daughter". To have someone so volatile on the team was worrying. But as long as he could understand how she functioned, he should be able to avoid future complications and maybe even provide her with some form of therapy to hopefully mend her broken nature. "As you wish." He replied to Zagreus's request to keep this side of him a secret. Though he personally didn't see any real reason to keep a secret, compassion for one's NPC should be considered a weakness. It is only natural to show love towards your creations.

Taking some time to analyze his answers, Eschaton was actually quite pleased with them as he did not expect Zagreus to be so cooperative. Though he wasn't a fan of the name calling if that was all it took to secure the good behavior he was more than happy to endure it. A few minutes later, Eschaton had finished his written report and magically delivered it to Fritz's office. Within the report, it included everything that has happened within their counter with this foreign kingdom. He included his intention and plans on how this kingdom would be handled. He implored Fritz to let him know if he had any feedback and how he would be happy to listen to his plans if had a better one.

Eschaton briefly move toward the girl and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Iris, I want you to know that you have done nothing wrong. Though you circumstances of your birth were unusual, I will treat you as one of my creations as well. And if it pleases you, I will permit you to call me father, when we are not the in presence of my other knights apart from Kaleido." He thought he was pretty reasonable with his compromise. After all, he didn't want the other knights to get jealous of his apparent favoritism. Summoning the sword of Neortala to his hand, he would beckon Iris to kneel, to receive a proper knighting from the Lord of Knights himself. "From this moment onward, you, Iris, are part of my legion and will be given the full authority and rights of a member of my legion." And with that, he gave her permission to rise. Pulling out a replica of his red cape from his inventory, he personally attaches it to Iris' armor, signifying he has full status as a member of his legion.

"Now then..onto the next matter. Zagreus, would you mind asking Iris to stand outside the carriage for a moment." Eschaton patiently waited for Iris to exit the carriage so that he could test a theory out.
"Zagreus, I wish to test out a hypothesis. I recalled that you said there were two additional demons that reside within your body. Would it be possible for me to exorcise those demons with my "Soul Rip" technique? Would you be willing to find out with me?" Eschaton held up one of his hands which glowed a ghastly purple indicating that he was preparing the soul rip technique.

1663740156284-png.1024250

Walking through the dungeon was almost putting Fritz to sleep. Sometimes he forgot just how high-leveled they actually were and fighting enemies like this was like stepping on an ant. There was nothing exhilarating about it, just another methodical process that he had to bore himself with. He didn't want to let his guard down in case anything strong showed up, but the urge to do so was quite enticing. "I'm afraid that even a child would see this rabble as a joke." He could not contain his boredom, giving an uninterested look at the sealed door. At least it was something different from the low-level undead they were encountering.

"I don't think anything in this dungeon could pose a threat to us." Fritz remarked, watching the door creak open. The purple smoke simply went around Fritz as if he was a rock in a stream. "My resistances may be too high..." He said, walking into the room. The woman in the room could speak, which set her apart from the other enemies they encountered. He was already getting sick of her speech, making a face of disgust as she revealed her true face. "I think I know why nobody bothered to open this door." The demon said,
unsurprised by her attack.

Before the woman could even hit Fritz or Penny, they were teleported across the room to give them more space from the creature. His silent casted teleportation spell always came in handy when opponents wanted to launch themselves at him. "I'm already done with your abhorrent appearance. I assure you this won't take long." Fritz raised his hand to cast a spell. He wasn't going to kill the creature just yet. He wanted to see if Penny wanted to do anything with the creature. "Reverse Gravity." His spell caused the woman to be flipped towards the ceiling, being pinned against it. "That'll solve our problem." Fritz turned to Penny, scratching his chin. "Do you have anything that you want to test on her? This dungeon diving isn't as exciting as I thought it'd be." As long as Penny could get something out of this dungeon, he could consider it a success.

Intereactions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Beyond Three Souls
Zagreus Kayn
Iris dug her face deeper into her creator’s robes, trying to use them to wipe her tears. She could handle the idea that she would have to choose between saving her beloved creator or accidentally killing the man that she saw as father. These emotions were new to her. It was as if she had never truly felt them until now. The feeling of loss, anger, and regret spun in her head causing a storm that threw her into a chaotic spire. Her mind was a wreck and the storm made it seem that she wasnt going to make it out alive. The presence of a hand on her shoulder and Eschaton’s Voice grasped her and pulled her out of her brokenness. "Iris, I want you to know that you have done nothing wrong.” Her puffy red eyes looked to the knight. “..I will treat you as one of my creations as well. And if it pleases you, I will permit you to call me father..” The storm calmed down and a spark of this new feeling filled her. Joy. Was this feeling a lie or was it an answer to the promise that her father spoke to her?

Zagreus wiped the last bit of tears from the face of his creation. He smiled at her and said “You feeling better now?” she nodded. At the corner of her eye, she saw Eschaton pulling a sword from the abyss. He asks her to kneel. She turned to Zagreus and he ensured her that she was ok to do so. She kneeled and closed her eyes. "From this moment onward, you, Iris, are part of my legion and will be given the full authority and rights of a member of my legion." She rose and stood before them, honored to be a part of something so grand. “And you can have this,” Zag said, he reached into the abyss and pull out a metal amulet with a cracked bright pink sapphire. “This is a necklace of Proserpina.'' He placed the necklace around her neck. “I should have given it to you sooner.” He explained that all of his elites wear one. “You no longer have to be locked away in my shadow. You will be one of my Saints, they will be your sisterhood now.”

“Now then..onto the next matter. Zagreus, would you mind asking Iris to stand outside the carriage for a moment." Zagreus motioned for Creo And Umbra to take Iris outside of the carriage so that she can get To know her new family. After the trio left Zag turned his attention back to his Guild mate. “What's with all the secrecy,” he asked. "Zagreus, I wish to test out a hypothesis.” Zag raised one eyebrow. "Zagreus, I wish to test out a hypothesis. I recalled that you said there were two additional demons that reside within your body. Would it be possible for me to exorcise those demons with my "Soul Rip" technique? Would you be willing to find out with me?" The demon sat there contemplating. Would this be his way of Freedom? Would he be able to have his mind go silent? Would He finally have peace and quiet once again? Who knows but if this is a way for him to get those two bumbling idiots out of his head he would take it.

“If you want to try it be my guest. I'm not sure if our souls are bound or not. Also, I'm not sure what would have happened if they were released from my body?” The knight nodded and gave him a look of confidence. With his hand raised he ripped into Zagreus' body pulling both Zag and his demons out. What seemed to be so easy turned out to be a struggle. Zagreus's Soul came out easily, but it seemed that the two demons were fighting to stay inside. They believed that if they were going to be separated from their master that they could easily be purified and killed. Zagreus insured his minions that their intentions were not to kill them. They were doing it more as an experiment. The demons did what their master asked and released themself from Zagreus’s corpse. What floated before Eschaton were three souls bounded together. Realizing that he was unable to separate the trio from one another, Eschaton gently and carefully placed the souls back into their respective body. “That's felt fucking weird man,” Zag said with a massive headache. “I was able to see my body from the outside and I got to say… I look better than I expected”
Code By Nano

1665159400387.png
Empyrean

It was a terrible name to give a structure and part of Empyrean wondered if Tempesta hadn't made it up herself since she'd had no luck finding anything of value. "The journal doesn't mention what kind of monster it is, and descriptions of it are vague at best. But anything capable of forcing an outpost like this one to retreat has potential to be great and useful." He cracked the book open once more, this time practicing patience as he skimmed over the writing of the Lieutenant. "No regional map, but it appears the lieutenant fancied himself a strategist." Empyrean chuckled and grinned as he glanced over what he could only assume were battleplans. "The monster made its nest nearby and he drew a very crude map to its nest."

He followed the vampire back into the other room and held the book open to show her. The maps all indicated that the army would head north from the fort and head to what was a poorly drawn cave entrance. "The journal mentions an adventurer coming to their aide, but does not say whether the person prevailed or not."

He threw the journal back down on the bed where he had found it and started to wander once more. He strolled out of the room and headed down the corridor once more where a lone door waited at the end. He pressed his hand against the door and like everything else in the building, it fell apart. But as the dust cleared his golden gaze settled upon the desk, where on a map was sprawled out.

"Tempesta!" The angel called to his companion as he floated into the room and approached the map. It was far grander than what the journal possessed.

1665161196972.png

Britt-21 Britt-21

SORC
ADELHEID
Much to Adelheid's surprise, Ri Haku had obliged the sorcerer's request, leaving the practical instant she had requested for the carriage. This left the duo to idle in relative silence for the following few moments, simply letting time pass by as they waited for the scout to return. Adelheid herself rested her back against the wall adjacent to the exit of the guild's main hall, tapping against its cold stony exterior to an indeterminate beat.

Eventually, the carriage did arrive. Adelheid immediately recognized the carriage, it was from a Christmas event—a piece of furniture that practically only required a login to acquire. Though despite how common the piece was, seeing it in person was rather impressive, and surely fell under Adelheid's "regal" requirement.

As the two boarded, Carmaine further clarified the nature of their mission. "Well, that's more than fine to me. Surely, we'll find at least one or two survivors, and whatever caused the village's downfall would be no match for us," Adelheid smiled with a short nod as she boarded the carriage.

The interior of the carriage was far more luxurious than the sorcerer could have expected. Not only was the decor decadent and nearly perfect, the carriage had even included its own selection of hors d'oeuvre and wine. The sight brought a smile to Adelheid's face as she began to press against the comfortable seat behind her. The display was an arrangement she doubted she could ever afford in her reality, yet in this reality it only cost mere pennies in comparison. As the two had gotten comfortable in the carriage, Carmaine began to tease Adelheid further, giving her a devious smile as she drank from her glass.

Adelheid mirrored the motion, taking a light sip of her wine. "Whatever he saw, surely it isn't something we haven't seen before," Adelheid replied, echoing the sentiment she had shared only a moment prior. Until then, the two rode into the horizon, with Adelheid completely oblivious of what was on the road ahead.

~~

Roughly an hour, maybe two had passed. By now, the sun was in its early stages of waning as the duo returned to the guild. Adelheid was in a state of both complete mental and physical exhaustion, her now beady eyes rapidly swapping focus from object to object. She had a vague idea of what to expect, and while the mission was a "success" in the vaguest definition of the term, it wasn't a mission she was willing to take on again.

On their trip back to the guild, the carriage's supplies were replenished, yet the sorcerer chose not to partake in any of gluttonous feasting again. Instead she only wished for a long, warm bath and a long nap.

Soon, the carriage screeched to a halt, and the moment the carriage doors opened, Adelheid immediately exited. "I'm going to bathe. Whoever's still here, tell them not to disturb me," Adelheid commanded rather curtly. She didn't say much else to both Carmaine nor Ri Haku, instead she merely wanted a period of rest.

So the sorcerer disappeared into the guild's keep, with their mission being defined a success in the end.

(Carmaine and Adelheid's stuff is now wrapped up blushu)
MENTIONS

Penny

Penny clapped slowly as she watched the 'battle' quickly concluded with the creature pinned against the ceiling. It couldn't even move and half of its body had been flattened from the pressure, making it looks like a human-shaped inflatable balloon instead. Penny could easily recognize the creature as a skinwalker, a heteromorph race that can literally wear its victim's skin like a suit. Back in Yggdrasil, doppelganger and mimic were the more popular shapeshifter race than skinwalker due to better atk growth and nore concvenient system, but the race made a niche interest among collectors for their ability to craft equipment out of someone else.

"Yes, this place feels like a waste of time." Approaching the creature with her wingpack, Penny examined it and silently casted several appraisal spells on it. Then, she raised her hand and hit it straight on its face. The creature screamed in pain as its dented head rearranged itself back to its human form.

"Oh? Congratulations. You survived my normal punch."

"It's hard to be certain without any UI, but I think I can pinpoint the general level of this dungeon." Shifting her attention to Fritz, Penny opened her tome and started scribbling numbers on it to do some math.

"If we and the enemies retains our stats from the game, those undeads we fought should be below level 35 since I can one shot them with unarmed strike. Then this boss creature should be somewhere around level 50 to survive it. I would say it's a reasonable dungeon for transition between early to mid-game players. Definitely not for us though." Penny concluded her calculation report as she closed her tome. It's not much but the strength of a dungeon should at least gave them some insight at the power level of the people around them. At least that's how the game works.

"P-puhlayer??" Unexpectedly, the pinned creature seemed to react at what Penny just said. Its body was squirming, obviously distressed by the figures in front of it.

"Are you coming to get my exp? P-please spare me, I will do anything. I can become your servant and lick your shoes everyday."

Penny's attention immediately snapped back towards the creature. She didn't exactly desire extra NPC and getting her shoes licked would be disgusting, but she couldn't help but intrigued by one part of what it said. EXP. The villagers certainly didn't gave any impression of knowing gaming terms like EXP so she was curious of how this sealed creature actually knows about it.

"State your name."

"Witheria. I am one of the four heavenly general of The Great Demon Lord Osmodai."

"Oh," A glimmer can be seen across Penny's eyes. "Fritz. I want this thing as a pet."

Slav Slav

1665310729574.png
Eschaton was somewhat disappointed by the results of small experiment, but nonetheless, he was at least to have learned something new about Zargeus' condition. "Hmm...It seems even I am not able to cure your condition. That said, as long as your keep a clear mind and remain the dominant soul within your body, I see no problem with having the other two inside there as well." The half-golem sighed as he sat back at the table. Eschaton would suddenly have an epiphany, noting that instead of explaining to Lord Fritz what had transpired in a letter, he should instead present it in person. Yes, it all makes so much sense now. Perhaps, he had overstepped his own boundaries with this small scouting mission. He can't even blame Zagreus for this, since it was all his idea in the first place.

Eschaton closed his eyes for a moment, to carefully think of his next move. While he did want to return to the Enigma castle, he couldn't just abandon the current, as it would raise too much suspicion, not to mention, damage the good reputation he's been trying to create and maintain with the people of the new world. His eyes wandered towards Kaleido, giving him an idea as to how best to proceed in this situation. He snapped his fingers instinctively in a eureka moment, having silently formulated his plan.
"Zagreus, recall your npc back into this room. We are returning to Castle Enigma." Eschaton leaned towards Kaleido's ear and whispered something to him. This prompted the usual head nod of agreement and "by your command." from the mirror demon.

Seconds later, Kaleido would summon shadowy copies of himself into the room, for a total of five. The shadowy bodies began to violently morph into near-perfect copies of the respective npcs and players. Though they were much weaker than the originals, they we merely there to hold the fort while they return to base to report to the higher ups.
"While our copies stay here, we shall return to Castle Enigma to provide a debrief for Lord Fritz. I believe we all have a lot to discuss on how things should proceed from here. And don't worry. I'll be the one presenting most of our findings, but feel free to chime in if you think you have missed something." Eschaton gave Zagreus a small smile, acknowledging that he too was part of this operation. And now, they just for a portal to open that would lead them back to their home base.

Tempesta.png
1665387489613.png
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Tempesta leaned over while the Angel showed her the book of the crude map. Definitely crude, but readable enough to give them a good direction of the monster. Battle plans were written as well, It seems they were prepared to go and slay this beast. That's probably why this place is like an empty coffin. she thought while replying to her partner "I doubt they prevailed, considering those who lived here would be back. Probably died to the monster, wouldn't be a surprise." with a shrug, Tempesta cupped her chin in thought Sent out an adventurer -who clearly didn't prevail - and an army from this location to slay the beast...They're dead and that thing alone still lives. Empy had already went off and she followed along. "Are you already breaking more things, Empy? You should be more careful." she called out jokingly while coming up behind him as he rushed inside. Her own pace had quickened to see what he found, Please tell me its something that allows us to move forward and out of this place.

Upon coming up to the doorway, she was greeted with the sight of an office, filled with various books and shelves. But the one thing that stood out was a map on the table. Crimson eyes widen slightly as she rushed inside beside the Angel and shook her head "You sly devil." gazing over the map, she gently brushed any leftover dust and sighed happily "This will help us tremendously. It'll give the guild a head start to everything here. Lets get it wrapped up and go slay your monster." lifting her head and looking around, she hoped to find something to store the map into. Once found, the woman gathered the tube and took one last look at the map "Oh look, its right there." she pointed to the cave where there was an x marked on it "Perfect. Right on the doorstep. Let's go." she grabbed the map, rolled it up, and put it into the tube to preserve it. "We'll come back if we have time to gather what's here, okay? Maybe come back on your free time." the tube had a strap on it, allowing her to put it over her shoulder.

After that, the pair had moved from the abandoned area and found themselves at the entrance to a cave, obvious remnants of struggle and something inhabiting the location. "Well, sucks to be these people." she kicked a fallen blade to the side and looked back at Empyrean "How about you go first for this one, this time." a hand rested upon her hip while she leaned on one leg. Her other arm gestured for him to head on in first.

Time To Count Sheep
Zagreus Kayn
"Hmm...It seems even I am not able to cure your condition. That said, as long as your keep a clear mind and remain the dominant soul within your body, I see no problem with having the other two inside there as well." Zag just stood there holding his head as guild mate continued to ramble. He was trying to think of some sort of witty smart alec remark to say to Eschaton. His headache grew worst. It felt like his brain was stuck in a pinball machine. Once he got his headache under control, he could deal with the other headache that sat across from him. The first thing that he heard was: "Zagreus, recall your NPC back into this room. We are returning to Castle Enigma."

Are you sure that's a good idea? Zagreus thoughts questioning his partner. If you truly want to keep good relations with this new nation then leaving, randomly could sow distrust. He was fine with leaving. Whatever got him out of this damn carriage. It moved way too damn much; He couldn't even fall asleep. Before the demon's eyes, he saw as Eschaton’s right-hand man, Kaleido created a small group of body doubles that were supposed to take their places for the time being. Damn he got my jawline right and everything. Nice. A question came to the Demon's head: was Iris able to do this? She was a copy of this man but did Zag destroy that ability when he rewrote her code? "While our copies stay here, we shall return to Castle Enigma to provide a debrief for Lord Fritz. I believe we all have a lot to discuss on how things should proceed from here. And don't worry. I'll be the one presenting most of our findings, but feel free to chime in if you think you have missed something." “Yeah yeah yeah. Just open the portal; I rather have a place that actually is quiet enough to get a decent bit of sleep” Zagreus didn't really care at the moment. The ”Scouting mission” was taking way too long.

As they came through the portal, the group appeared back in the meeting room. The first thing that Zagreus did was grab his favorite chair and sat down. He placed his boots on the table, cross them, and leaned back in his chair. As he Chilled there comfortably he felt the presence of all of his NPCs surrounding him not knowing what they should do besides stay at their creator's side. zagreus motioned all of them to leave and take some time to rest. after he formally dismissed them he stop Creo in her tracks. “Not you. You're staying here.” She smirked and proceeded to flip her hair to the side. She clearly was trying to make all the other ladies jealous. Umbra stared at her master, concerned about Why she wasn't the one staying by his side. He gave her a wink and mouthed the words “I'll be fine.” As they left, Zagreus tried to fall asleep and Creo sat behind him on one of the tables against the wall. Finally some shut-eye.
Code By Nano

fbf790ee0c793a7d533c7c03d35a579f.jpg

"You didn't have to do all those calculations to figure out that this dungeon is low-level." Fritz remarked, gazing at the monster that he had subdued. This whole journey felt like a waste of time to him. While they did accomplish their original goal, that didn't help the feeling that this world might not offer a challenge to them. That possibility could make things a bore quickly. The demon turned to Penny, raising an eyebrow at her request. The creature didn't pose a threat to anybody, he was confident that anybody this thing would run into would squash it quickly. "I don't see any reason as to say no. Just make sure that thing is secure, I don't want to wake up to it trying to kill me in my sleep." Fritz said, turning his body towards the exit. "If that's all you want, we can head back now. All this boredom has me feeling a bit peckish." For a first day in a new world, it didn't go as badly as he thought it would.

cooltext421377870581423.png
After all the groups made their way back to the guild, the day was finally dying out. Fritz didn't have any more missions, so the group retired for the day to begin their next day in this world. It was their first morning in this world and it felt like any other morning to Fritz. The light peering through his window blinded him as he woke up from his slumber, throwing the sheets over his head to block the sunlight. "I wish this world's sun was a bit dimmer than Earth's." He mumbled under the sheets, dragging himself out of the bed. He never liked mornings, since waking up was the worst. Getting ready was another matter. In the game, he could simply press a few buttons to change his appearance. Now, he had to do everything by hand.

Once he finished his tedious morning routine, he felt the grumble of his stomach. It was time to start the day off right with some good grub. It didn't take him long to find himself moving towards the kitchen, though a good smell from the meeting hall made him stop. He peered into the room to see breakfast placed at their seats already, shifting his gaze to the maids. "I kind of forgot they existed, who programmed them again?" Fritz asked himself, stepping into the room. It seemed he was the first to arrive and that meant he got to eat his breakfast in peace for the time being. He sat down, observing the plate. Eggs, bacon, and toast, everything that he loved. He crunched on the toast, glancing around the room. It wasn't the greatest feeling to have maids standing there, watching your every move. It made him look back towards his plate to avoid their gaze. This will take some time getting used to.

Tagged: StealthyShades StealthyShades Britt-21 Britt-21 TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Pyosimros Pyosimros LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Servant Servant

Penny

Penny spent the night without sleeping. It's part of her little experiment. In Yggdrasil sleeping was considered a debuff so what she did was drinking a few bottle of rejuvenating potions and then casted purify everytime she felts a little bit drowsy. It worked wonder as she didn't feel any physical exhaustion, though she did feel a bit sluggish mentally so maybe skipping sleep wasn't the wisest decision. Still though, the time she gained by staying awake was used by her to write her findings into a small book.

The expedition the day before wasn't the most exciting but at least she got a few interesting discoveries. Don Pengu also managed to ransack the entire abandoned village and retrieve piles of very old documents, she would need a few more days to go through it. He also set up a teleportation gate so now the guild could be connected to the abandoned village in case they need to use it for something. Also, another interesting things, the village had numerous hidden passageways underneath some of the houses that led to the same dungeon she and Fritz explored. It's the medieval fantasy version of a hidden apocalyptic bunker, it seemed. Next was her new pet the skinwalker, Penny got a few unexpected things from her but since she had been sealed for a really long time her information might be out of date. Also she was too eager to attack anyone seemingly weaker than her, as she jumped one of the other NPC. So Penny threw her into the guild's dungeon to teach some discipline.

As the sun rise in the horizon, Penny felts her body relaxing as she burned the sight into her mind. The fact that her room was placed in one of the highest tower in the guild base gave her the best exposure to the sight. Back in the previous world this kind of scenery was something that regular people like her wouldn't be able to see. Neo-Tokyo was crammed full of skyscrapers and there's this lingering smog that blanketed the city all the time. People even need gas mask to avoid inhaling the nasty mist everytime they go outside and her work requires her to wear full body suit. Anyway, those were the past. Maybe Fritz was right and she should stop wearing her gas mask in this world, there's simply no need for it.

Descending into the main hall, Penny greeted Fritz with a brief nod before sitting down at her usual seat in the corner. She looked at the maids and butlers preparing their breakfast and then shifted her attention to Fritz.

"Most of them are my creations." She replied. Penny likes creating servants NPCs as they're good at completing mundane tasks, also their regular black-white color scheme matched hers.

She didn't feels that hungry but the fact that she would be eating handmade foods instead of microwaved leftovers from the last dinner excited her. A maid put a large plate with stainless cover in front of her and she immediately opened it to see what's inside.

The gigantic head of an ancient deep-sea fish stared back at her, drowned in spicy red broth inside the bowl. For a brief moment Penny couldn't hide her surprise as she gawked at the food in front of her. She forgot that she set the maids to serve a particular dish depending on the in-game time so she could get a fitting buff. This Shimmering Megalodion dish gave her faster movement speed for the next few hours, really good for faster material grinding but at least in the game she only needs a simple tap to consume it. She hesitantly poked the fish with a fork and she could swear the fish head wiggled for a moment there.

"Rico." Penny called the maid who served her food.

"Yes, master?"

"Next time just give me similar food as the others."

"Understood, master."

Even though she didn't want to, but not eating it would be very wasteful for her so Penny braced herself and started digging into her gigantic breakfast.

Slav Slav

Last edited:
Tempesta.png
1666078731373.png

Empyrean and the Vampire had found a large monster within the cave. It was a pain to take down, but alas the pair came out victorious with a rare and holy relic that only the Angel himself could carry. The relic only allowed pure souls to touch it, which meant Tempesta was one of those dark souls that were forbidden to touch. In fact, it would inflict pain upon her, which detoured her from even bothering to pick the relic up. She returned with him and he took everything back into the cave that he called home. Of course she also went and disappeared into her room where it was nice and dark where Vladimir awaited her. Snuggled within her sheets, she felt at ease and relaxed. Far less irritable than before and seemed to have fallen right into sleep. That sleeping face of hers looking far peaceful than it had before.

She woke up the next morning to a gentle touch to her shoulder and a soft toned voice of Vlad. As much as he hated to wake her in the daylight hours, it was crucial for the rest of the guild that she was awake when the others would be too. The darkness still remained in her room with the blackout curtains, which made it easy for anyone to mistake it to still be night. Burying her face into her pillow, the woman was once again touched and she groaned "Vlad, I do not wish to wake up." he chuckled and replied in return "I'm sure you don't. But you know how it is. One day you'll be able to sleep as long as you please. Come, I'll assist you in getting dressed." pulling her face from the pillow, her crimson eyes met his purple ones while his arms remained stretched forward for her to grasp his hands. Tempesta reached out and was gently guided out of bed and was soon helped with another outfit. While exposing her fair skin, she also remained presentable.

While the sun beamed through every window possible throughout the guild, the Vampire managed to make it to the meeting hall where multiple scents of food came from. Already there had been voices on the other side and she slipped in. Spotting Fritz with an average meal and Penny with... Is that a large fish head...? she thought to herself, "Penny, I didn't take you one to eat such a large meal." Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread the silver-haired woman teased while moving to her seat at the table as well, spotting a familiar looking wine glass filled with red liquid. "Fritz, I see you chose the traditional breakfast, hmm?" Slav Slav sitting down upon her seat, the first thing she grabbed was her glass and took a sip. Closing her eyes with content Perfect. Opening the ruby red eyes, they shifted down to the plate and noticed some waffles with strawberries, syrup, and some bacon on the side. Surely human food would be fine for me in this world. placing the glass down, she reached for her fork and poked a strawberry. Only to bring it to her lips and bite into it, instantly her cheeks turned a pink hue and those eyes closed once again. They're so sweet and juicy. her other hand had placed against her cheek, a smile tugging her lips.​

SORC
ADELHEID
In spite of yesterday's mission, Adelheid had managed to sleep surprisingly well. For the majority of that evening and night, she kept herself in a deep slumber. Most of these hours of rest could be attributed to a self-inflicted sleep spell, causing her absence from both the dinner and any following discussions with her guild the night prior.

Though as the new day approached—as if some sort of internal 'on' switch was activated—Adelheid immediately rose from her bed, fully alert and ready to begin her day. Her morning routine was rather standard, albeit with a few more steps. The process of making herself appear presentable, or rather similarly to how she carried herself when she had first arrived to this world required more care. Adelheid dressed herself in more clothes and put on more makeup than she was regularly accustomed to in her previous world. This new morning routine was more...intensive than before, yet it was equally as satisfying once it was complete. As the last part of her outfit—her large, frankly oversized cap—was placed on her head, she was ready to greet her guildmates.

Adelheid arrived to the Enigma Guild's meeting hall with a newly found boost of energy—an extra pep to her step. By the time she arrived, three of her guildmates had already been seated, and have already been presented their dishes. Fritz and Tempesta received rather standard breakfasts, yet Penny's was more...unique. It was a large fish head, one that appeared more nauseating to look at as she approached the table. "You're not planning to eat that, are you?" the sorcerer asked with a raised brow, slowly plopping herself on her seat.

Though much to her dismay, Penny began shoveling pieces the large fish into her mouth. A truly unnerving sight to behold, one that caused her to immediately break her gaze and focus on her own meal. As an NPC slowly lifted the lid of her personal meal's serving tray, Adelheid was admittedly nervous. There was a chance the meal could be similar to Penny's—an absolute monstrosity. Though thankfully her worries were sated as the meal was revealed to be a rather standard, full english breakfast.

The sorcerer let out a rather audible sigh of relief, slightly smiling at the sight of 'normal' food. And as her colleagues began to silently eat their meals, Adelheid followed suit, eating her meal in relative peace.

1666269672425.png
Interaction: Guildmates on the table​
While the others were sleeping, Eschaton was busy working, writing additional details on the written report sent earlier. The copies that were left behind had embarked on their own adventures toward the capital of Vestoria, and had recently defeated another golem ambush. Being the workaholic he is, and the recent discovery that he in fact does not need sleep, Eschaton decided to write a 50-page report of the encounter that included every grueling detail about the encounter. Through encounters alone, he was able to surmise and theorize and culture present in this world, or at least that region of the world.

When morning came, he was eager to let Fritz see his findings and promptly left his chamber to make his way toward the meeting hall where his other guildmates were already present. Being a half-golem, he was unable to enjoy the full benefits of eating, gaining 50% of the normal benefits of cooking. But even so, said buffs were important to midmaxing his build. His personal chef had prepared a full personal banquet for him, filled with all sorts of strange food, ranging from giant insects, dragon's hearts, and other strange-looking creatures cooked to perfection.

"Good morning, my Lord, fellow guildmates." Eschaton greeted his friends with his new human-looking body for the first time. Aside from Zagreus, no one else should know that it was him. Walking to his side of his table, his knights would bring in his large one-man banquet. Some of the "dishes" were so big they needed a wheelbarrow to be transported. Setting aside the 50 paged report, he grab one of the cooked dragon hearts to take a large chunk out of it. Much to his displeasure, he was unable to taste anything. Whether it be due to the food of choice or something lacking in his body was unknown at this point. "Hmm, perhaps this body requires more fine-tuning." He spoke out loud after swallowing the tasteless dish. "My Lord, may we have a discussion on how we should proceed against matters concerning the outside world? After you have finished your breakfast of course..." He knew that most people would prefer not to talk while eating.

coded by natasha.
  • Carmainerose

Yesterday’s mission had already gotten in the way of her enjoyment in regards to her newly formed army, which was why Carmaine wasn’t about to miss out on it today. Despite Ri Haku’s warnings, the dark knight’s day started earlier than most, so much so in fact that the sun had barely even peeked through the horizon by the time she was up and moving. The purpose behind such a premature awakening was credited by a go-ahead issued by Fritz, one which gave Carmaine’s army permission to expand the reach of their “recruitment program” by a massive margin. The plan was simple: The vast majority of the soldiers, led by Kei Sha, would be heading off on an expedition in search of any and all settlements, offering its citizens a chance to join their ranks through rousing speeches and the occasional vague threat. Indiscriminate violence, however, had been prohibited. With that sort of restriction Carmaine was somewhat hesitant to send in Kei Sha, seeing how her temper could be described as a short fuse leading to a massive bomb, but in the end the loyalty and adoration she was able to awaken within people made her the prime candidate for the mission. The few troops left behind would instead help out Ri Haku with provision organizing and give Ou Sen as much information about the surrounding area as they could. For now though, all of them (Minus Carmaine) stood outside the guild’s fortress, the parting party already saddled and ready to go.

“Now, Kei Sha, repeat to me Lord Fritz’ restrictions.”1666392982499.png Ri Haku demanded of the Grand General, who in turn rolled her eyes. “Ugh…Avoid violence at all costs and don’t forcefully conscript anyone. I know, I know! You don’t need to get on my ass about it so much!”1666392916289.png Kei Sha barked back, causing the Scoutmaster to sigh in exasperation. Ou Sen, on the other hand, seemed to be delighted with the exchange. “Now now Ri Haku, would it truly be the end of the world if our beloved Kei Sha cut down a few peasants~? I could always bring them back to our side with a mere snap of my fingers~.”1666393025146.png Tentatively offered the Lorekeeper.
    “We’ll have none of that.” Before Ri Haku could even respond, Carmaine made her presence known as she emerged from the fortress, causing everybody else to bow their heads. “Fritz has issued our limitations and you are to follow them without question. We shan’t risk damaging his trust on us with such a menial task.” Carmaine’s tone made it clear that she wasn’t about to take on this expedition with a lack of care. As a response, the trio simply chanted in unison “Yes, Master.” each of their voices displaying their own flare. With preparations now completed, and after a few parting words with her Grand General, the expedition party was off. Soon after Carmaine and her remaining two npcs scattered back into the fortress, ready to start their days off.

As she walked through the halls, Carmaine could feel the consequences of her early awakening slowly starting to surface through in the form of her stomach rumbling. Looks like her ample power was still shackled to the human limitation that was hunger. Oh well, back in the real world her usual breakfast consisted simply of instant ramen and maybe some fruit, so her expectations were minimal. Said expectations, however, were absolutely shattered when she entered the dining hall. The food being served seemed like something out of a work of fiction and everything, from the meat to the fruit, looked fresh and delicious. Except maybe for Penny’s ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ) odd choice of dish, a fish head that almost killed off any sign of her hunger. Most surprising of all however, was a new face sitting amongst the rest of the guild members. For a bit Carmaine kept an eye on him, though she sighed and took a seat next to a waffle-entranced vampire ( Britt-21 Britt-21 ) once he greeted the group and addressed Fritz regarding their next step to take. “Looks like a new face wasn’t enough to change your old dull personality, eh Eschaton?” ( TreasureSniper TreasureSniper ) Carmaine said with a smug demeanor as she reached for and took a bite off an apple. Still, this was definitely a much needed improvement over his previous appearance. Though she herself couldn’t deny the fact that she too was looking forward to what Fritz ( Slav Slav ) chose to do next. As a matter of fact, Carmaine was so excited to find out that she didn’t even notice the fact she had begun eating the apple’s core.

coded by natasha.

Surprise! After Surprise! After Surprise!
Zagreus Kayn

Waking up in The most comfortable bed he has ever slept in, Zagreus lay there not wanting to get up. The way the silk sheets felt on his skin, to the soft fluffy pillow; it was like he was sleeping on a cloud. So this is how it feels like to be royalty, he thought. He wasn't sure if he wanted to get used to this. When he turned his body, he noticed that somebody else was in bed with him. It wasnt a surprise to him because he drink a lot last night after he got back. His eyes finally began to wake up allowing him to fully see who was next to him. The first thing he noticed was a pair of bright pink animal-like ears coming off the top of the head. UMBRA!!!

“Wait, I did?” His question didn't linger for long. “No Master. We did” Luna said with a proudful tone. “SHE did,” Solis said, sounding disappointed in his sister's actions. “Shut the fuck up! I wanted to play matchmaker and everything almost worked out.” What does she mean by almost? At least it was Umbra and not Creo or Iris. That would be like fucking someone you saw as a daughter.

Umbra woke up and greeted her master. “Morning Umbra. Might I ask what happen last night and why are you in my bed?” She blushed at him. “Well, you and I had a lovely chat with wine and chocolate. Then you and moved our conversation to your chamber.” “Oh, anything else” “Well you were very drunk and didn't want me to leave you, so I laid by your side until you told me you wanted to ‘cuddle’.” the tone of her voice changed “You held me so tight and didn't let me move a muscle.” Zag was tired of her stalling he need to know one thing. “Umbra, did we have sex?” “No master.” A sense of relief hit him “You told me that I wasnt allowed to when you first created me.” He forgot ‘he’ did that. When he first created her, he was with Eschaton since he secretly fucked up Iris. The half-Golem clearly knew that Zageris could not control his urges, so he put a fail-safe in place.

The demon got out of bed and used a pillow to cover his family jewels. In order to find something more suitable to wear besides his bedding He retreated to his walk-in closet. He threw on some pants That he found on the floor and didn't really care if they were dirty or non thought it was better than wearing a sheet. He went to lift his arms and throw on a shirt when he smelled his BO. Luckily his bathroom was not only connected to his bedroom but also his closet. He grabbed a soapy sponge from his bathroom and he briskly cleaned himself, not really trying to be precise. He was just trying to cover a decent area. Zag dried off and grabbed one of his Togos and put it but kept it untied. Once he stepped out of the bathroom, he noticed that the maid NPCs showed up to wake him. “Sorry ladies, I got up by myself. Can you please help Miss Umbra find something nice to wear? I will be in the Guild Hall.” They respectfully bowed to him in acknowledgment.

Zagreus stepped inside the guild hall and saw that many of his guild members were already there. Unexpectedly he saw that the small Penny was eating a lot more than he thought she could handle. Is she seriously going to eat all that by herself? Well, I bet I can eat twice as much as that. Zagreus sat down at the table and snapped his fingers a few times to get some of the waiter's attention. He didn't even have to say anything, two waiters showed up with an extensive plateau of food arranged with different sausages, meats, two dozen eggs, and a whole loaf of bread toasted with a huge side fruit salad. Before he began to dig The way to last Lee dropped off two big pitchers, one of water and the other filled with milk. They didn't even give him glasses because Zagreus wasn't going to use them any way he was just going to drink out of the pitcher anyway. Glancing over to Eschaton and saw the man chowing down on some Interesting choice of meats. He wondered how it tasted. “Yo Buckethead how does that taste? Tossed me a slice; I want to try that.” He didn't know if you would like dragon hearts but him being a cocky son of a bitch made him want to eat more than his guildmate. Turning his attention to Tempesta, he was surprised for her to eat something so ‘human’ in that new blood-sucking body of hers. He laughed and said “Sweetheart I thought you would have had your True Blood in the morning. You always surprise me.” He said as he pointed at her with his fork that had a sausage on the end of it.
Code By Nano

Last edited:
fbf790ee0c793a7d533c7c03d35a579f.jpg

Fritz raised an eyebrow at the meal that Penny had received. The meal looked like something you'd catch from a sewer. The unappealing food almost made Fritz lose his appetite... almost. The food was too delicious to not eat it, so he tried his best to keep that abomination out of his mind. "You know you can eat something different, right? Not everything has to be eaten." The demon said, shifting his eyes to Tempesta. "Can't go wrong with a simple breakfast." He said, taking a bite from his toast. Slowly but surely the guild members were arriving, and he was glad to see them so chipper in the morning.

Watching Eschaton eat was a sight to behold, the mountain of food was something of legend. He didn't think someone like him needed to consume that much food, he figured he didn't eat at all. "I don't mind speaking now, we'll start our discussion once everyone arrives." It didn't take long for Carmaine to arrive, and he was glad she did. He wanted to get some necessary discussion out of the way so he could just relax until he had his duties to do.

Once Zagreus made his entrance, Fritz waved his hands to get everybody's attention. "Now that everybody is here, we can begin our discussion." Fritz said, taking a bite from his bacon before addressing the group again. "I know we all went our separate ways yesterday and I would like to know what you found. If anything of interest came about, don't be afraid to tell me." Fritz said, finishing off his piece bacon. Learning about their findings would help him make an educated decision on where to procced forward. "The more I know, the better. We're here in this world now and I want to solidify our position here." He said, waving his fork around before digging into his eggs. The first few days were going to be vital; the future could be at risk if anything were to go awry.

Interactions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Britt-21 Britt-21 Pyosimros Pyosimros TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Servant Servant StealthyShades StealthyShades

Penny

Despite the teasing from her guildmates, Penny didn't budge and kept eating her oversized dish. It tasted... interesting, to say the least, she never ate one but she imagined this would be how dried mud would taste like. The broth though, was extremely delicious. Rich in spices and skillfully cooked, she found out that she could offset the fish's weird taste by slurping sufficient broth. Overall, not the worst food she ever ate. Solid 5/10. Afterward the maid picked up the bowl and put down a simple red wine inside a tiny elegant glass in front her. Finally, something normal. Penny nodded at the maid before dismissing her.

Finally, after all of the members arrived Fritz started the discussion. He wanted some report regarding what they found yesterday so Penny opened the book she wrote the night before and cleared her throat to draw attentions to herself.

"Me and Fritz found an abandoned village with underground tunnels underneath it. Also, we found a sealed NPC who is knowledgeable about Yggdrasil's gaming terms, but she doesn't seems to fully understand the meaning. Its currently in the dungeon for some disciplining and I will give further information as soon as I get it. Everyone, please proceed with the assumption that there's another player in this world, who exist way longer before we come here." Penny concluded her report with a simple nod. Though, she hadn't finished talking yet as she directed her gaze to Carmaine next.

"Carmaine, those new army. What are you going to do with them?" Penny asked. At first she didn't want to intervene, but seeing how busy Carmaine's NPCs were this morning made her worry. She knew Carmaine was a conquest-heavy player, but she wasn't sure how that kind of playstyle would translate into this new world. She imagined whoever rule the land wouldn't be happy if they found out their citizens had been conscripted into someone else's army. Also, she absolutely did not trust those new recruits at all. She simply didn't see any reason for those guys to be loyal to them, except probably money, and money was a fickle motivation.

Slav Slav Servant Servant

1666790483317.png
Interaction: Slav Slav Servant Servant StealthyShades StealthyShades Mentions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Deep down, Eschaton knew he wasn't the most interesting member of the guild, so hearing Carmaine reminding him of character flaw once again was upsetting but she wasn't exactly wrong. "Hmm So it would seem." He replied to the red-haired girl with a nod and a calm voice. He was angry or anything, merely acknowledging that she was indeed right, despite how he looked, his personality had remained the same. So much for that popular phase. He continued eating his food until he heard Zagreus requesting a piece of a dragon's heart. Eschaton remained silent at first, seemingly ignoring the demon's request. However, a second later, part of Eschaton's cloak transformed into a sharp tentacle and thrust itself toward one of the dragon's hearts. The tentacle would then lift the large cooked organ towards Zagreus, sliding it off onto his plate.

A few more hearts later, hearing Fritz's approval and proceeding with the debrief was an exciting moment. Well exciting for Eschaton at least. And with that, he set aside a pen and paper, ready to listen to what the others had to say first. One of the first to speak was Penny. He listened intently to the guild member's report. The possibility of there being another player in this world aside from them was an interesting prospect, to say the least. How would they interact? Would this be cooperative or PVP? He doesn't mind either way, as whatever happens, he will ensure the survival of his beloved guild.

After the report, she then questioned the purpose of Carmaine's new recruits, which was a reasonable concern. Why did she recruit troops which were inferior to their own in every way, but then again perhaps her plan is to foster morale within these new soldiers and let the tales of their exploits spread in a more natural way instead of hard propaganda. Was this all an experiment? To see if her training skills from the game had carried over seamlessly to this new world? To see what is the limit of the people here when given the best training available? Hmmm, so many theories.

Finally, he decided it was his turn to speak about their discovery. He looked over to the 50 page report he had prepared beforehand, thinking about what was the most efficient way of transmitting this information to all members. His eyes wandered over to Zagreus. He felt that his old friend had learned a lot from this small encounter, and therefore deserved a moment in the spotlight.
"I have prepared a 50-page report regarding what had transpired in our encounter with the locals...However, I believe Zagreus would be able to provide a good debrief on the situation." Go on then, good friend. You deserve this moment. Eschaton gave him a nod of approval and a small smile, fully believing that he was capable of carrying out the task at hand.

Tempesta.png
1667028096751.png

Tempesta had been enjoying her food thus far. It was simple, and tasted far more amazing than her previous life. It had flavor, it had a party-in-your-mouth feel to it. Hearing another one of their guildmates walk in, she noticed it was...Eschaton? Surely his voice came out of the body...But was that actually him? With a raised eyebrow, she continued to slowly eat and listen to his issues. Especially one of his body requiring fine tuning. Interesting... Guess that's whats underneath that armor of his. the vampire thought while gazing over toward Zag who decided to already begin his shenanigans. With a roll of her crimson eyes, she returned to her food that she continued to enjoy for the time being. Her ears remained open while others continued to talk. Sipping gently on her glass before placing it down with a gentle thud. Glancing over to Fritz, he wanted to know what was found in the patrol routes they all took. Definitely time to talk over breakfast. Eschaton was first to speak up, which surely that was fine if he wanted to go first. After all, she was just enjoying the time being around her guild and eating this breakfast that she may ask more of.

My story is easy. We found an abandoned building which housed the Nior and they were fighting some beast which happened to be in a cave nearby and we slayed the beast and took his valuable item. she thought. Though doubted it would be much use for Fritz. Other than the home of the Nior. Eschaton pushed the job onto Zag, which made her speak up "I'm surprised you don't want to take the initiative there, Eschaton. That's not like you. You sure you aren't just an imposter?" the woman joked, biting into a slice of bacon.

Literally everyone in the room but mainly StealthyShades StealthyShades TreasureSniper TreasureSniper

SORC
ADELHEID
Each of her guildmates began to filter into the dining hall until eventually, each seat was occupied. Zagreus, Carmaine, and Eschaton were the last to enter, and each of them were presented their meals. Adelheid's eyes peered towards each of their plates with judging eyes, as if her mood towards each one of them would be based upon their chosen meals. She saw a plate of assorted fruits and meats, followed by a plate of a larger assortment of meats and carbs. Though what caught Adelheid's attention was a certain plate of...questionable meats.

Eschaton's meal consisted of an assortment of large insects, hearts, and stranger creatures. Each item seemed to be lightly cooked—or rather, each of them seemed to still perfectly retain their form before death. Adelheid refrained from making any comments regarding the meal, instead opting for a light shake of her head followed by a sigh.

Though her mind didn't have to dwell on this subject for long, as Fritz gathered the table's attention, asking for updates on each of their missions.

Penny was the first to speak up, mentioning an NPC with knowledge of the game's systems. "If there's another player we'll be fine. There's bound to be someone else, but I bet they wouldn't be anywhere near our level," Adelheid commented dismissively—they were one of the game's strongest guilds, after all. Though the notion of another player was intriguing, and the approach the guild should take to handle them would be a first.

As for Adelheid and Carmaine's mission...the sorcerer was rather uncertain—what did they discover? Nothing of worth, at least compared to her guildmates. Yet nonetheless, Adelheid cleared her throat and spoke up, "Carmaine and I went to a village. There wasn't a sign of life—it was like Egaloth's attack, but if we weren't there to stop him. Maybe it was the player Penny mentioned? Regardless, whatever caused the attack seemed to have more questionable morals than even us."
MENTIONS

generatedtext.png
b0dd307262c5eb1eaebfb28e5fc7613b.jpg

Life had become so mundane before this wonderful game had been recommended to him on forums practically everywhere. It wasn't just a game, but it was an entire life one could create. It all felt like a dream, or a nightmare? It was all how one looked at dreams and their meaning. A warning in earnest could be seen as abject terror when context was thrown to the proverbial wind. Perhaps it was the macabre nature of working in a morgue, but Bijun had always been drawn to the darkner things in life, and the freedom to explore that space in yggdrasil only exasperated those interests. The worry of judgy people, of his parents, of his miserable excuse for a friend circle...it was all long behind him now, Bijun dying the moment the game ended and his new life began.

Tetra Sutra Gaul was who was now.

The first thing he did was laugh, for nearly ten minutes straight. The asthma and health issues he had suffered through being replaced with a feeling of peak health, of power...dominion. The friends he had made with this guild were all in the same situation. He wracked his brain on the why and how, but none his inquiries were met with satisfying answers. Enigma Castle had also remained intact, absconded from their game world and dropped into a real fantasy one.

They were a real guild now and starting acting like it. Tetra had to take stock of the character he played, and now had become. The weight of his magic severe as the power of life and death were not common in this world from the minor amount of recon his corpse crows had brought him. It took high tier magic just to bring someone from the bring of death, let alone do what he does in twisting and molding it. He couldn't help but want to test such limits.

It made his skin crawl with delight just thinking about it! The rest of the members went out in pursuit of answers, and while he chose to remain at the castle. He had his own research he would be conducting from the lowest floor in the castle. His very own 'Mortutory'. The cold stone feeling good against his barefeet as they plodded across the low lit auditorium. The dead were a resource abundant in such a world of danger getting the NPC's to gather carcasess and carrion alike was no big task. Their cadavers telling a story their rotted-off lips no longer could.

Sleep was something he never had a problem with, and if anything, his narcoleptic behaviors had bled over as he could sleep standing. The morning of their arrival was something he wanted to make special since it's their biggest excursion thus far! His culinary skill earning him a relatively successful mukbang career in the past world, but now he was making food for his friends in a guild they had built together.

Most of his morning routine had consisted of getting this banquet ready, making sure all of their favorite dishes were first and foremost. A grin meeting his coal skinned features as eyes of virulent purple flared with joy as he set the final plate on the table; removing his 'Kiss The Cook and Die <3' apron before sitting at his chair and table in the corner, sipping from a blackened glass as he enjoyed his morning wine.

He relished the noises of a full table as they all filtered in and started to dig in; A grin digging through his face like a shovel from concrete as he took great pride in his work in all it's forms. Their boisterous voices were always what kept him sane over voice chat so hearing them all in person was something else entirely.

"Adelheid is right" Tetra spoke up, with voice hollow and cultured. "We were among the strongest players across the board so as long as we meet them with force and numbers? it will be a most satisfying cavity to fill" He said, his laughter emenating everywhere in the room except from his mouth as he stood and joined the rest at the table, quirking a brow as Carmaine teased their armored ally. Was he even in there? Tetra had a desire to knock on his helmet, but dismissed it as he instead enjoyed their company. "While I remained here during your excursion; I exhumed more than a few unmarked graves dotting the landscape and learned some juicy details! And I am not talking about their eyeballs" He said, chuckling. His fingers creaking as they outstretched and putrid purple magic winked to life across his lithe hands, and the fish Penny was digging into started to flap and whirl wildly as he had brought a cooked fish, back to life.

"My spells over life and death are far more...potent than they were in Yggdrasil. Isn't that exciting? Maybe fishy for Penny~" He said, slapping the table as he laughed again

New NPC’s Who Dis??
Zagreus Kayn
A splash of meat juice hit Zagreus in the face, as Eschaton’s cloak dropped a dragon heart on the demon’s plate. Up close He didn't know what to think. It looked cooked well, but it was an odd shape. The smell coming off of the heart made it seem unappetizing. Zag wasn't one to push off a challenge; So might as well dig in while it was still hot. He grabbed a huge steak knife and jabbed it into the heart. Once the point of the knife jabbed into the organ, a mixture of blood and other types of juices slowly spilled out. To make sure the rest of his food didn't become contaminated, Zag quickly and carefully moved the heart over to the side away from his tasty breakfast.

The demon took a bite of the organ. Once the meat hit his mouth it was oddly satisfying in taste. but there was one thing that he didn't think of, the aftertaste. The non-beef made his acid reflex go crazy. To calm this disgusting sensation, Zagreus grabbed a pitcher of water and proceeded to down the whole thing. Using the little bits of knife that were peeking out the other side of the heart, Zag jabbed the knife into the table and left it for him to eat later, maybe. "I'm surprised you don't want to take the initiative there, Eschaton. That's not like you. You sure you aren't just an imposter?" Zagreus interjected with the vampire's statements, “Nope that's definitely Eschaton. It may not look like it but underneath that fake face is a COMPLETE BUZZ KILL.” He said with a chuckle.

Fritz clapped his hands trying to get the recap of yesterday's endeavors. Zag decided just to completely ignore his fellow demon, for Tetra did a bomb-ass job cooking these sausages. Even though he didn't want to listen to everyone's yammering, he still partially did for his sanity's sake. Looking at his golem friend, Zagreus hoped that Eschaton would take the lead, and luckily he did. The monk had his face stuffed full of food. If it wasn't for his new body, Zag probably would not have been able to eat this much. He was quite skinny in his old life. With this new body of his, it was like he had to eat, sleep, and exercise daily just to keep his physique up. It was a new change of pace but it was definitely needed.

"I have prepared a 50-page report regarding what had transpired in our encounter with the locals...However, I believe Zagreus would be able to provide a good debrief on the situation." Zagreus overheard this from across the table half a loaf of beard in his mouth. He stopped, realizing that he had to explain what happen during their scouting; When only thing he remembers vividly is that he was not allowed to sleep. He grabbed the pitter of milk in front of him and chugged the majority of it, waving at one of the butlers to get him more. “I don't think I should be the one explaining what happened. Clearly, the 50-page report is proof enough” He said with a nervous smile solely protruding on his face. Seeing that he probably is not going to get himself out of this one, the demon began to explain what happened.

“Well, in short, Buckethead and I stumbled on a convoy being raided and I just wanted to sit back and see who the victor was. BUT.. he had other plans” He said as he pointed to Eschaton with a fork.”We quickly dealt with the bandits and a couple of magical golems they had at their disposal. Eschaton wanted some of the bandits to be left alive, but I didn't want anyone the beep left as witnesses. So I was about to kill everyone until he convince me otherwise not to. We soon joined the convoy back to their homeland trying to gain more intel but then you called us home so we have body doubles right now taking our places.” Not really amused, Zagreus continued eating the rest of his food. The conversation between the guildmate grew very dull until the necromancer decided to make a fish dance. “Wait can you do that to Adelheid’s personality?”

"Carmaine, that new army. What are you going to do with them?" Zag butted into the conversation “She's not going to do anything. She's merely just Eschaton NPC. I plan on taking part of the men that we have seized to see if they make good assassins.” Obviously, Zagreus didn't want to say his methods out loud but he does plan on having the men go through multiple hours of brainwashing and manipulation in order to show their allegiance to the guild. There will be no loose ends in the guild, besides him. “That reminds me Tetra. I request your necromancy. I may kill a few of the new recruits and want to see if they're on corpses could be useful.”
Code By Nano

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back