• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

And if Rio were to try to use her Lullaby wavelength in him, given he knows how it works, I'm not going to say it won't, but he'll likely clearly recognize it and verbalize "Rio I know what you're trying to do and I don't give consent for you to use your wavelength on me." like he won't explode on her like one might expect, but he's not gonna be to keen on her using the ability.

And if Rio were to try to use her Lullaby wavelength in him, given he knows how it works, I'm not going to say it won't, but he'll likely clearly recognize it and verbalize "Rio I know what you're trying to do and I don't give consent for you to use your wavelength on me." like he won't explode on her like one might expect, but he's not gonna be to keen on her using the ability.
It was more Rio is going to chat with him, make sure he's okay and all, she's that type to check-up on her friends a lot. Also, Lullaby wavelength is a passive wavelength ability, she can't use it like an activatable ability, it's up to those around her to actively listen to it.

Aiden isn't going to object to a conversation. Aiden also isn't aware it's a "passive" ability akin to Cole's passive soul perception, so canonically he would believe she would need to effortfully activate it.

So, the situation with Aiden is that there is a current emotional incompatibility between Aiden and Luka. This does not affect any other characters although that does not mean Rio can just connect with him. Aiden and Rio were connected through Luka, so when Luka blocked them out, she effectively severed the connection between Rio and Aiden because their wavelengths could not pass through her to get to one another.

They can’t just chat via soul connection unless they are simultaneously being wielded by the same meister. Rio can speak to Aiden, but not talk via any type of soul connection.

There technically isn’t anything that would prevent Luka and Aiden from working together when/if Aiden calms down. However, the friction will probably last a while at minimum and Aiden also would not be willing to continue the partnership with Luka from my understanding.

So, the situation with Aiden is that there is a current emotional incompatibility between Aiden and Luka. This does not affect any other characters although that does not mean Rio can just connect with him. Aiden and Rio were connected through Luka, so when Luka blocked them out, she effectively severed the connection between Rio and Aiden because their wavelengths could not pass through her to get to one another.

They can’t just chat via soul connection unless they are simultaneously being wielded by the same meister. Rio can speak to Aiden, but not talk via any type of soul connection.

There technically isn’t anything that would prevent Luka and Aiden from working together when/if Aiden calms down. However, the friction will probably last a while at minimum and Aiden also would not be willing to continue the partnership with Luka from my understanding.
Even if Rio picks Aiden up and/or has physical contact with him? I figured the soul connection for weapons could be bypassed a little if the weapons were in contact or something of the sort. Of course, I know I could be completely wrong on that statement though.

Aiden is still very angry in general and highly begrudging towards Luka. He's also probably a little salty at Cole due to his comments, but Aiden specifically has a major issue with rejection which is precisely what Luka just did. She basically scored a crit multiplier headshot in VATS with the luck tree maxed for critical damage.

While Aiden is definitely still angry, he's actually quite apathetic towards everyone else, aside from again maybe Cole to a small extent. He would internally feel no real resentment towards Rio. If he weren't still so pissed off residually, he would probably even sympathize with her once it clicks she basically went through the same thing.

In regards to physical contact or weapon/weapon weilding, I personally have no objection but again that is the realm of LW.

Even if Rio picks Aiden up and/or has physical contact with him? I figured the soul connection for weapons could be bypassed a little if the weapons were in contact or something of the sort. Of course, I know I could be completely wrong on that statement though.
I would personally rather not venture into the area of weapons simply touching and being connected on a soul level because then that opens up the can of worms involving weapons wielding weapons. I’ve ventured into that area before with roleplays and it's never been a fun one to manage.

At this point, Aiden internally wants nothing to do with Luka. He's not so angry that he's glad she got hurt, but he's also not going to take responsibility for it. To him, the burns on her arms are primarily due to her immaturity and actions. One could try to argue with Aiden that he's overreacting and personally as his player I might even agree, but telling someone who is overreacting that they're overreacting is highly unlikely to have a good outcome.

To Aiden, she nearly attacked an ally for an extremely petty reason, acted like a child when she was scolded, took no responsibility for it, and then closed off her soul in what he considers a tamper tantrum. It may have been his intense emotions that caused the burn, but the cascading effect of her interactions is what brought him there and that's his entire thought process at the moment.

Aiden as a character isn't about to just forgive her and let bygones be bygones. He gave her a few chances and now much like Cole, he considers her age and emotional status a liability. Aiden is someone who inherently wants to protect and that to him isn't at all compatible for Luka. So he has both logical and emotional reasons for wanting to sever ties with her. I would wager if you asked him personally, he would say something like "I'm not going to babysit a new Meister just because she can dual weild. I'm here to keep people from being hurt and just having her around is more likely to get someone hurt"

At this point, Aiden internally wants nothing to do with Luka. He's not so angry that he's glad she got hurt, but he's also not going to take responsibility for it. To him, the burns on her arms are primarily due to her immaturity and actions. One could try to argue with Aiden that he's overreacting and personally as his player I might even agree, but telling someone who is overreacting that they're overreacting is highly unlikely to have a good outcome.

To Aiden, she nearly attacked an ally for an extremely petty reason, acted like a child when she was scolded, took no responsibility for it, and then closed off her soul in what he considers a tamper tantrum. It may have been his intense emotions that caused the burn, but the cascading effect of her interactions is what brought him there and that's his entire thought process at the moment.

Aiden as a character isn't about to just forgive her and let bygones be bygones. He gave her a few chances and now much like Cole, he considers her age and emotional status a liability. Aiden is someone who inherently wants to protect and that to him isn't at all compatible for Luka. So he has both logical and emotional reasons for wanting to sever ties with her. I would wager if you asked him personally, he would say something like "I'm not going to babysit a new Meister just because she can dual weild. I'm here to keep people from being hurt and just having her around is more likely to get someone hurt"
Would Aiden still be capable of working on a team with Luka being a part of it? Like, say he was paired with Yuan and one twin and Yuan and Luka were assigned to work together on a mission?

Just trying to get a feel for things.

Once Aiden calms down and has some time to reflect, sure. Aiden isn't inherently a hateful person. He won't trust her nor internally perceive her as a reliable teammate and that would be bluntly obvious to whomever would wield him, but he won't lash out at her nor would he cause a verbal dispute--unless she were to start repeating her behavior.

If, for instance, that burn leaves a scar and in the future they were on a team where she was having another meltdown / tantrum, Aiden would probably be real quick to sniddly say, "last time you pulled this kinda stunt,you got that mark on your arm."

However, until she did something that he felt was a repeat, he would probably remain quiet. If this were an RPG, for instance, having Luka on a team with Aiden would probably both unlock and lock certain dialogue options as he's not going to be as open or whimsical around her after this scene.

I would personally rather not venture into the area of weapons simply touching and being connected on a soul level because then that opens up the can of worms involving weapons wielding weapons. I’ve ventured into that area before with roleplays and it's never been a fun one to manage.
Gotcha~! As said, since they were already partnered, I thought it may be a different case, but understand the judgement and will respect it~!

Rio wouldn't really tell him that's his response was an overreaction, not until well after the fact when everything is much calmer. Most notably, Rio wouldn't try and get Aiden to forgive Luka's actions, or even babysit for that matter (As I'm pretty sure she's kinda getting that role... xD) but more see to it that he could forgive later down the line, and work with the trio at least until the end of the mission. (Notably, she'd totally though that protection notion back at him real quick. XD)

Given a large amount of time, Aiden will become much less snarky or just salty in general, but I was primarily referring to the immediate future (next couple months, minimum)

I also basically can't imagine anyone convincing Aiden that Luka's burns are his fault. Not only would that just go right to the denial part of his brain, but the fact that she nearly attacked Dai (holding back or not) then rejected him for something that he believes is clearly her fault is going to just plain make him feel absolved of responsibility. Unless you wanted to dump thousands of dollars and years of therapy into the topic, you'd probably never make headway, and if you did, all you'd ultimately do is make his protector complex worse and give him an intense sense of guilt for those that get hurt.

A post for Rio is up~! Since I had to shorten the idea for Rio chatting with Aiden, I've done something else...

Rio is addressing the "Runt" issue (Standing up for Luka), as it kiiinda was the reason things got to this point.... XD

Post is up for Aiden. Did what I could to make it an entertaining read for an otherwise less than eventful transition.

Hello friends! Today I am going to work on getting a new interest check up for this role play seeing as we seem like we will need some new players. I also might start drafting a post for Luka although I do plan to wait on Cei before I post anything.

Lucem Lucem The cast as a whole have been assigned three separate missions to different locations and were divided into three separate teams, each given a different mission. Each team, has been investigating strange occurrences that Lord Death wants info on to put it simply. One is in Australia, another is in Moussuri and the third I can't recall. The general story is there's a different situation that each team is investigating, and so far 2/3 of the teams have encountered potential hostiles that they are now currently dealing with.

The reuccring theme for all the hostiles they are facing has something to do with Bees.

Lucem Lucem The cast as a whole have been assigned three separate missions to different locations and were divided into three separate teams, each given a different mission. Each team, has been investigating strange occurrences that Lord Death wants info on to put it simply. One is in Australia, another is in Moussuri and the third I can't recall. The general story is there's a different situation that each team is investigating, and so far 2/3 of the teams have encountered potential hostiles that they are now currently dealing with.

The reuccring theme for all the hostiles they are facing has something to do with Bees.
Thanks for the summary. This makes things a lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back