Out of Character Chat

Ooh...I like that idea. Getting to see Digimon work together.
But does he have a straight-up water attack? I thought it was just the fish + claws. :lennyslash:

KageYuuki KageYuuki

If I remember my Adventure, the Marching Fishes attack was known to utilise water. He could somehow manipulate the fish to make Fangmon wet, which is when Tentomon would zap him.

EDIT: I mean, Tentomon is pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, meaning he could incite a more... imaginative imaginative approach to Gomamon's basic skills :)

If I remember my Adventure, the Marching Fishes attack was known to utilise water. He could somehow manipulate the fish to make Fangmon wet, which is when Tentomon would zap him.

EDIT: I mean, Tentomon is pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, meaning he could incite a more... imaginative imaginative approach to Gomamon's basic skills :)

Go for it.
I almost wrote something last night before realizing I...didn't have much to contribute. Tho Idk if Goma will be happy about being told how to use his powers lol

His main concern right now is getting Amy free then getting all the kids across the river.

Ooh...I like that idea

But does he have a straight-up water attack? I thought it was just the fish + claws. :lennyslash:

KageYuuki KageYuuki
He's been shown spitting a stream of water on a few occasions, but never in a combat situation.

I don't recommend doing any zapping when Amy's still pinned. Fangmon wouldn't be the only one shocked

I'm just writing my post. It will include Arthur shielding (or trying to?) Jupiter, but also Tentomon intervening into the initial battle. After clearing things with Gabumon... he'll call for Gomamon to help him.

I'll write up something tonight so it's not like Skylie's just being a lazy bitch
I mean
She is, but still

tumblr_oqkkp4yjKd1tl3dzko1_500.gif

We're ready for you...

Tentomon: "Alright we need to work together and attack from both sides to-"

Monodramon: TIMES UP LET'S DO THIS! LEEEEEEERROOOOY JEEEEEEENNKIINNS!"

I think the chicken dinner's supposed to go to the last one standing, not the first to die.

I mean, all he had to do was lob it so it landed on the ground near her.

Have you ever actually thrown knives consistently? Like, hitting a target is one thing, but trying to get a sharp-edged, weighted throwing blade to land exactly where you want it is a massive challenge. There are tons of games based around this using different weighted objects, like horseshoes, and it's not easy at all. I mean anime logic would say that Renzo could just toss it and it roll across the ground, but it's seriously not that easy. Even if he threw underhanded, getting it to properly skid across the ground isn't in his skill set.

What is, however, is giving a speech. So when I weighed my options, it fits Renzo far more to keep the knife and instead of risking throwing it an doing more harm than good or disarming himself and having the knife just in the dirt, rush forward and giving a speech and instructions to the others. No one else has and it's definitely part of his character.

So, in short, maybe he could have thrown it to her, but what he's doing now is more suitable for him as a person.

It's not like a zero sum game though, he could take a moment to throw the knife and THEN give his speech.

And the knife isn't doing anything in his hands unless he decides to run up and stab the thing, which won't deal any useful damage, right now the knife is ONLY useful to Amy, who's close enough to use it and could benefit from causing the Fangmon a sudden, sharp pain.

So even a small chance that it lands close enough to be helpful is better than just hanging onto it where it'll do literally nothing.

Why are you debating with me over the actions of my character?

I mean, we could do this back and forth where I explain that by the time he throws the knife before or afterwards, the Digimon will have executed all of their attacks and KageYuuki will for Fangmon. Or, perhaps they'll all attack as instructed by Renzo and knock him off balance. We could run through a bunch of what-if scenarios based on our speculation, but the end game is that Renzo as I play him chose to keep the knife, whether it was because he didn't feel that small chance was worth it or simply because he felt providing a chance at leadership was more important.

Renzo has a goal of freeing Amy before launching an assault. He feels that there are better ways of achieving that goal than throwing a knife at her / in her general direction.

It doesn't have to be a zero-sum game. It was a human decision and humans don't use game theory.

Last edited:
I wanna be clear I don't have a problem with your post, I just wasn't really following his logic and wanted clarification.

I'm sure Amy will have a lot to say about his decision making skills but that'll be fun to get into after the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back