Out Of Character Chat

Dax: yeah like alladin. On one condition: I get to be Jasmine and wear that hot number of hers.

Oliver: *imagines this*
Oliver: *starts laughing uncontrollably*
Oliver: *catches breath enough to say* I'm not sure I have the abdomen to be Aladdin, but I'll certainly try.

I wrote another poem!
We had to write one in response to another poem, so I did Maya Angelou's Caged Bird.
This time it's about Sky and Kenny! ^^
Long ago, I locked my emotions
away in a cage
made of unbreakable steel and iron
for fear that
I’d get hurt again.
No one will ever again
break down those walls
and see me when I’m vulnerable
so long as I’m alive.

I am an open book.
My heart is laid bare
thanks to the notes I pluck
on my guitar
and sing with a throaty voice
that carries on the wind.
Though I still feel the pain
of losing her too soon
I’ve moved on
with songs lighting my way.

Not even my paintings know
what I feel inside
as they only reflect
what I see outside.
My alto fails to convey
what exactly I want to say
but maybe that’s because
I don’t want anyone to know
the ache I feel at all times.

When I sing, I hear the song
of freedom
blowing through my hair
and on my face
whispering of dreams as yet unfulfilled.
Once, I locked myself away
out of grief for a love lost to death
but no more.
A new face has stolen
this big, fat heart of mine
and he is the light of my life
and the reason I sing so loudly.
(And no, it’s not just so
I can serenade him outside his window.)
Love may have escaped once
and with it, my happiness
but this time, I’m sure
I won’t let it go again
for nothing is as beautiful and sweet
as falling in love a second time
with someone who makes you feel
as if you’re floating on air.

The mirror is a deathtrap
showing me exactly
what I don’t want to know.
Everyone can probably tell
what a mess I truly am
but they don’t comment
and for that, I’m grateful.
Lately, though, I’ve been
questioning what it is
to truly feel
and be happy
as I haven’t had such a feeling
for years upon years.
Maybe it’s just the boy I met
who doesn’t look at me
with pity or scorn in his eyes
but, rather, a kind look
that somehow reassures me
more than words ever have.
I can’t handle being around him
but I also can’t handle being without him
and that scares me.
Should I keep protecting myself
or should I let him in?
That question plays on repeat
even now, as I calmly approach him
to attempt casual conversation.
And as he looks up at me
with a smile shining
in his bright blue eyes
I realize, finally
that I finally have someone
to unlock the cage I built.

We both have our share of pain
but with a little luck
we’ll heal
and we’ll come back stronger.
Because if the new loves we’ve found
have taught us anything
it’s that hope is a blessing
and it can pull you through
anything.
With heads held high
I’ll keep on painting
and I’ll keep on singing
until there are no more landscapes
or no more songs
left to share.
And those cages will stay open
with nothing but dust left to inhabit them.

I wrote another poem!
We had to write one in response to another poem, so I did Maya Angelou's Caged Bird.
This time it's about Sky and Kenny! ^^
Long ago, I locked my emotions
away in a cage
made of unbreakable steel and iron
for fear that
I’d get hurt again.
No one will ever again
break down those walls
and see me when I’m vulnerable
so long as I’m alive.

I am an open book.
My heart is laid bare
thanks to the notes I pluck
on my guitar
and sing with a throaty voice
that carries on the wind.
Though I still feel the pain
of losing her too soon
I’ve moved on
with songs lighting my way.

Not even my paintings know
what I feel inside
as they only reflect
what I see outside.
My alto fails to convey
what exactly I want to say
but maybe that’s because
I don’t want anyone to know
the ache I feel at all times.

When I sing, I hear the song
of freedom
blowing through my hair
and on my face
whispering of dreams as yet unfulfilled.
Once, I locked myself away
out of grief for a love lost to death
but no more.
A new face has stolen
this big, fat heart of mine
and he is the light of my life
and the reason I sing so loudly.
(And no, it’s not just so
I can serenade him outside his window.)
Love may have escaped once
and with it, my happiness
but this time, I’m sure
I won’t let it go again
for nothing is as beautiful and sweet
as falling in love a second time
with someone who makes you feel
as if you’re floating on air.

The mirror is a deathtrap
showing me exactly
what I don’t want to know.
Everyone can probably tell
what a mess I truly am
but they don’t comment
and for that, I’m grateful.
Lately, though, I’ve been
questioning what it is
to truly feel
and be happy
as I haven’t had such a feeling
for years upon years.
Maybe it’s just the boy I met
who doesn’t look at me
with pity or scorn in his eyes
but, rather, a kind look
that somehow reassures me
more than words ever have.
I can’t handle being around him
but I also can’t handle being without him
and that scares me.
Should I keep protecting myself
or should I let him in?
That question plays on repeat
even now, as I calmly approach him
to attempt casual conversation.
And as he looks up at me
with a smile shining
in his bright blue eyes
I realize, finally
that I finally have someone
to unlock the cage I built.

We both have our share of pain
but with a little luck
we’ll heal
and we’ll come back stronger.
Because if the new loves we’ve found
have taught us anything
it’s that hope is a blessing
and it can pull you through
anything.
With heads held high
I’ll keep on painting
and I’ll keep on singing
until there are no more landscapes
or no more songs
left to share.
And those cages will stay open
with nothing but dust left to inhabit them.

Ha....made my friend cry, too....

PixieDust PixieDust Thanks to a Family Guy episode I watched last night, Kenny has it in his head that he's going to take Gareth out on a canal in Italy someday XD

It isn't a poem, but it is something that's been on my mind recently, yet I wasn't sure how I wanted to write it until now.

The Art of Fire
and
What He Wants
Arte was calmly sitting in front of a burning flame, his eyes never blinking. If one didn't pay attention, they'd never even notice that he was breathing given how still he was. It was as if he was a statue. The fire in front of him had been created through a very specific combination of equipment. With how much he worked on artwork, it was often forgotten how good he could be with inventions.

In a single moment, Arte's hands flashed, delving deep into the center of the flame. In a small portion of his mind, he was thankful that Katy wasn't around at the moment. While she trusted him, this action certainly would have given her a fright.

For a moment there was pain, his fingers twitching ever so slightly before a cooling sensation spread out from his chest and into his palms. The flame around his hands suddenly twitched in response before he suddenly began to wind his fingers around one another.

Then he stood, pulling the flame with him and beginning to twirl it "Fire is free, no form, no prison" he whispered as he twisted his arms and the flame rose around him in glee as it bent to his whims "Infinite energy provides infinite possibilities"

1ad9a22907213f39f44033d790b42e6c.jpg

He smiled, his eyes as bright as the flame, bringing his hands together, the leaping flame receding until it simply fit in his palm. Then he folded and twisted, lengthening and tightening until he held a simple flower within his fingers, light wisps of flames licking from the stem and petals.

fire_art_11.jpg

"Such is the Art of Fire" he said softly as the flame twisted back into it's original form as he moved his hands together and placed the fire back inside of the device. He sat down and breathed softly "What a fleeting source, flowing from my heart to my hands" his normally steady hands shook slightly. The energy he used was steadily growing, but it was still far from what he needed to make a lasting change on the ever changing.

Behind him, the door opened and his heart twisted and jumped in excitement as he turned.

He was the artist who could make anything, change anything he set his hands on. But it was only her who he felt he had no control over, no matter how many times he touched her, he could never find what he wanted her to be. In the end though, he always came to the same conclusion....

"Katy" he said seeing the young woman standing there "I was doing some work while I waited for you" he smiled as he stood up.

....he couldn't decide what he wanted her to be, because she was already everything he wanted.

It isn't a poem, but it is something that's been on my mind recently, yet I wasn't sure how I wanted to write it until now.

The Art of Fire
and
What He Wants
Arte was calmly sitting in front of a burning flame, his eyes never blinking. If one didn't pay attention, they'd never even notice that he was breathing given how still he was. It was as if he was a statue. The fire in front of him had been created through a very specific combination of equipment. With how much he worked on artwork, it was often forgotten how good he could be with inventions.

In a single moment, Arte's hands flashed, delving deep into the center of the flame. In a small portion of his mind, he was thankful that Katy wasn't around at the moment. While she trusted him, this action certainly would have given her a fright.

For a moment there was pain, his fingers twitching ever so slightly before a cooling sensation spread out from his chest and into his palms. The flame around his hands suddenly twitched in response before he suddenly began to wind his fingers around one another.

Then he stood, pulling the flame with him and beginning to twirl it "Fire is free, no form, no prison" he whispered as he twisted his arms and the flame rose around him in glee as it bent to his whims "Infinite energy provides infinite possibilities"

1ad9a22907213f39f44033d790b42e6c.jpg

He smiled, his eyes as bright as the flame, bringing his hands together, the leaping flame receding until it simply fit in his palm. Then he folded and twisted, lengthening and tightening until he held a simple flower within his fingers, light wisps of flames licking from the stem and petals.

fire_art_11.jpg

"Such is the Art of Fire" he said softly as the flame twisted back into it's original form as he moved his hands together and placed the fire back inside of the device. He sat down and breathed softly "What a fleeting source, flowing from my heart to my hands" his normally steady hands shook slightly. The energy he used was steadily growing, but it was still far from what he needed to make a lasting change on the ever changing.

Behind him, the door opened and his heart twisted and jumped in excitement as he turned.

He was the artist who could make anything, change anything he set his hands on. But it was only her who he felt he had no control over, no matter how many times he touched her, he could never find what he wanted her to be. In the end though, he always came to the same conclusion....

"Katy" he said seeing the young woman standing there "I was doing some work while I waited for you" he smiled as he stood up.

....he couldn't decide what he wanted her to be, because she was already everything he wanted.
Katy is crying because his is so pretty!

So I was bored during the two services I sat through today.
And this happened.
0507171246-00.jpg
0507171246-01.jpg
0507171246-02.jpg

And then Cassy started being Cassy

Castiel was, as always, in his garden, tending to his flowers. A sweet smile rested on his lips as he gazed tenderly at the various blooms. Avril flounced in and popped down on a bench. "Heya, Cassy!" she chirped. "What are you doing?"

He looked over at her, still smiling. "What I always do."

"Which flowers are you focusing on today?" Avie asked, kicking her feet back and forth like a young child.

For a moment, he didn't respond. Then he murmured, "The crisantemos." His voice almost broke on the last word, and he paused before adding, "I... I missed them."

Avie smiled and stood up, walking over to join him. "I'm sure they missed you, too." She gave him a peck on the cheek and turned to leave, pausing by the yellow roses. Her smile flickered sadly as she leaned over them to sniff one. After a moment of hesitation, she picked one, taking it with her.

Cassy smiled knowingly, and then he looked down at his white chrysanthemums, his favorite flowers in all the garden.

( stellar.nova stellar.nova for brief mention of Omar and PixieDust PixieDust for mention of Gareth and reference to Eva)

And this happened.

Castiel was, as always, in his garden, tending to his flowers. A sweet smile rested on his lips as he gazed tenderly at the various blooms. Avril flounced in and popped down on a bench. "Heya, Cassy!" she chirped. "What are you doing?"

"Which flowers are you focusing on today?" Avie asked, kicking her feet back and forth like a young child.

For a moment, he didn't respond. Then he murmured, "The crisantemos." His voice almost broke on the last word, and he paused before adding, "I... I missed them."

Avie smiled and stood up, walking over to join him. "I'm sure they missed you, too." She gave him a peck on the cheek and turned to leave, pausing by the yellow roses. Her smile flickered sadly as she leaned over them to sniff one. After a moment of hesitation, she picked one, taking it with her.

Cassy smiled knowingly, and then he looked down at his white chrysanthemums, his favorite flowers in all the garden.

( stellar.nova stellar.nova for brief mention of Omar and PixieDust PixieDust for mention of Gareth and reference to Eva)
<3
These are so good!

And this happened.

So I have been having a horrible day and you just made my day. Thank you Gen <3

Users who are viewing this thread