Out Of Character Chat

stellar.nova

queen of the stars
This is where we will be chatting OOC, as stated by the title of the topic. This is also where any planning, organizing, etc, will happen. 

Hello. Eros was taken so I took Dionysus. I think I made a pretty good character for 10 minutes of thinking. I still don't know how to add photos to this damn site, so imagine first season Supernatural Jared Padlecki as my FC. 

Hello. Eros was taken so I took Dionysus. I think I made a pretty good character for 10 minutes of thinking. I still don't know how to add photos to this damn site, so imagine first season Supernatural Jared Padlecki as my FC. 

On the right side there should be an area where you can "insert other media", there you can insert the link of the picture and post it into the post<3 There's also a bar at the top of the post that has a picture symbol so you can click that as well. 

@crucialstar @PixieDust @TheWeirdPhilosopher @StarrySkyofLostSouls @Ritzy @Seraph Darkfire @Uxie @LaDyGrEy @Kiroshiven @ByTheChesapeake @Versailles @kaito9049 @mxlly @TheOnlyPaul @Iskander

Hello, everyone! I am so excited to get this RP started with you all! That being said, there is a bit of business to take care of beforehand. I need everyone to read this and please follow directions. 

1) Because I know school and work is happening for a lot of people, I will be providing time to get character sheets done. I would like to have you guys finish everything up by the 22nd of October at 12:00PM CST. This includes details on character sheets and any relationships between characters. Feel free to chat here to determine these relationships. 

2) On your character sheets, I would certainly prefer it if you used face claims. I do not want any anime or drawn images, I would prefer a real life person, whether in image form or gif form. This really helps me in a visual sense for when I am furthering plot, which may not make much sense, but I would prefer it if you follow these directions anyway. 

3) I expect you all to be kind to one another, and also to follow the rules. I do not want assholes in our RP. That being said, note that I have said the word assholes. Profanity is alright, just don't overdo it please. 

4) You will notice in the previous note, I said "our RP". That is precisely what it is. It is mine only in the sense that I created it and that my co-GMs and I ( @crucialstar and @TheWeirdPhilosopher) will be furthering the plot. However, if you have a character arc that you would like to achieve, feel free to PM me about it, I will be more than willing to work with you on it if it fits into the story. 

5) Please be aware that your characters will  be harmed. There are very strong themes of violence and dangerous situations. If you are not prepared for this and wish to leave the rp, let me know. 

6) Have fun! Greek mythology is my passion, and I want it to be yours as well (if it isn't already). Also, please, please do talk on OOC. I like to get to know the people I am RPing with. 

NOTE: I am a full-time student at University, and a theatre major. I typically have a very busy schedule. I can try to make it on every night, and post twice a week. This RP will be slow rolling, and we will be spending some time on it, but it will be worth it! 

-blows kiss-

HAVE FUN DARLINGS!!!!! <3

trying to decide what kind of powers to give a muse

especially a muse of dance

"Dance!" she shrieked, cackling as if she'd been possessed. Her eyes glinted with amusement as her victims dipped each other in a low arc before twirling their partners expertly, their faces contorted with terror at their inability to control their amazing dance moves, the groove and bogey she had forced upon them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
trying to decide what kind of powers to give a muse

especially a muse of dance

"Dance!" she shrieked, cackling as if she'd been possessed. Her eyes glinted with amusement as her victims dipped each other in a low arc before twirling their partners expertly, their faces contorted with terror at their inability to control their amazing dance moves, the groove and bogey she had forced upon them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love the little excerpt!

Perhaps doll manipulation: the ability to use dolls as a way manipulate a person's movement. Limits: (insert them here because we have a policy of controlling a person's character). In your case, it would only be using the doll to make someone dance for a certain amount of time. The doll would only work if you have something of the person. (Kind of like voodoo). You will have minor telekinesis from this manipulation if you do but only to make someone move. So, only the body and not the mind is being "controlled" through the doll. (like a puppet on a string). If controlling is involved, I would ask the person you are making dance/move first (if not an NPC)before going any further. 

I hope this helped you!

Hey @Starfish how does one add a photo? I'm still getting used to the new site and I barely know how to change my own avatar. It took three researchers and two strong men to work the bellows. I still don't see what was wrong with 1.0. Grumble.

Well I found a work around. I just attached a photo. So waaaay at the bottom you can see Victor in all his glory. I'm not all that pleased with it, but it will have to do. 

That. It. Well I found a work around. I just attached a photo. So waaaay at the bottom you can see Victor in all his glory. I'm not all that pleased with it, but it will have to do. 

I'm sending you a photo of what it looks like right now. 

In your post, click the area where you want your picture. Now at the bottom of the post there's a way you can upload it or use a link.IMG_0646.PNG

as you can see here. If you choose to choose a file, upload your image. Once it's uploaded click on that image and it will appear in your post. 

However, if you choose another form, click the insert other media button. You can paste a link of your picture in the section that says something about using a link, paste it there and upload it. It will appear in your post. 

You will have to pick where you would like your photo and it should do the rest. (This is similar to how we have done photos before except there's different ways. Also what's easier is if you copy the image and just paste it into the post and voila! It's there) 

to change your your image size, just click the the image twice and something should appear that allows you to resize your image and then edit it. 

I hope this helps. 

And she worked! Mwah ha ha! Thanks a lot Twink, that helped a great deal in my never ending quest to figure out this damn new site. I fixed a little of Victor's backstory. Gave a bit more reason for his brother to seek revenge, and made Victor a bit more tragic. I'm looking forward to combat. I took a bit of the old mythology of Bacchus, (Though he's Roman) and put a bit of spin on it. His followers were known to go into bouts of wild frenzy so I took that into concideration when I made Vic's powers. Obviously the boozy stuff, but the third power? Very helpful when a team of gunmen come crashing down on the school. "They aim at you." "Oh ok. I frenzy them and they start shooting each other." *Wipes Hands* "Who's for dinner? Anyone? Oh don't be that way Aphrodite, they were bad men. Sleeping with them wouldn't have worked. So no one's hungry? Oh well more for me." 

And she worked! Mwah ha ha! Thanks a lot Twink, that helped a great deal in my never ending quest to figure out this damn new site. I fixed a little of Victor's backstory. Gave a bit more reason for his brother to seek revenge, and made Victor a bit more tragic. I'm looking forward to combat. I took a bit of the old mythology of Bacchus, (Though he's Roman) and put a bit of spin on it. His followers were known to go into bouts of wild frenzy so I took that into concideration when I made Vic's powers. Obviously the boozy stuff, but the third power? Very helpful when a team of gunmen come crashing down on the school. "They aim at you." "Oh ok. I frenzy them and they start shooting each other." *Wipes Hands* "Who's for dinner? Anyone? Oh don't be that way Aphrodite, they were bad men. Sleeping with them wouldn't have worked. So no one's hungry? Oh well more for me." 

Sounds like fun! I'll check him out soon <3 I'm glad it works now and you got the hang of it!

@PixieDust @TheWeirdPhilosopher @StarrySkyofLostSouls @Ritzy @Seraph Darkfire @Uxie @LaDyGrEy @Kiroshiven @ByTheChesapeake @Versailles @kaito9049 @mxlly @TheOnlyPaul @Iskander

Hi dearies! Cruci here! We had forgotten a MAJOR info in the sign up thread of your characters! Please also add in Weaknesses of your characters (the weakness of your character's skills and abilities, what they're bad at in general) and Limits to your character's powers (this can also be added into weaknesses as well) 

thank you guys <3 

happy creating

haha, hello!

I've now realized i haven't spoken to a lot of you before so i should probably introduce myself lol~

So yeah, hi anyone reading this, Moxie here! 

I'm Ritzy. My favorite hobbies include mini wargaming and sacrificing your firstbo....I mean classical lit. Which I have a degree in. Which I suggest you stay away from unless you want a useless degree that sits on your wall saying "Yooooooou cooooooulllld haaaaaavveee beeeeeen aaaaa doooocccctoooorrrr."

Hiya! 

Should I introduce myself? Maybe. Hm. 

I'm Star! A full-time theatre major and aspiring playwright. I love writing. Probably too much. 

Hello star :D

And ooo, awesome!  can't wait to see all your ideas & writing in this rp then!~~ ^^

Hey guys! 

Woo so excited! Just about to do my character sheet for Hermes that I hope you will all like

I was just wondering. I'd love to have a back story or a connection with another character! Not something that means they are together from the beginning or side by side. Just something that when they see each other it's like "omg! Shock it's you!" 

Wether my character knows you by a past romance, an old enemy, an old friend, an old close friend or a secret ally I don't mind at all! I just think it would be great and would help the flow of the roleplay for my character and yours for interaction! 

I lover random rp where new ideas come out in the moment so it doesn't have to be anything solid even just a basis! 

But anyway, if anyone is interested please let me know. I'm going to do my character sheet so have a read over it and see where you could fit in

-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread