• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy π™Ύπšžπš› π™²πš˜πš–πšŠ πš†πš˜πš›πš•πš ( Isekai | Small Town | Cooperative Worldbuilding )

Charles Cheese

Qualified Cheese Consumer
Roleplay Type(s)
Brilliant coding by Ami here and poorly frankensteined by me.
Our Coma World

|Relaxed and Ghost Friendly | Small Town | MMORPG/D&D inspired | Cooperative Worldbuilding|

This is strictly SFW but for my own comfort levels, 18+ only. If you apply below you must announce your age. I am 21.

Mood Wholesome, lax and slice of life. The concept automatically comes with the possibility for sad and dark themes but I desire for at least 70% of the RP to be light hearted, player-driven fun. Faceclaims will have to be illustrated. Anime, semirealism, and ai generated images (as long as you state so) are okay for faceclaims. Please give credit to real artists or at very least where you found the art if you don't use your own.

Genres are: Fantasy via soft Sci-FI, Video Game, Slice of Life, Isekai, Comedy, Drama, Optional Romance, Optional Found Family, LGBTQ+
-
Post Requirements: The concept has been crafted to accommodate for everyone's posting schedules and for anyone to come in and out as they please. The post requirements are just a paragraph. If you want to go more, that's completely up to you!
-
Involvement: Everyone has the ability to throw in their hat when it comes to the MMORPG's world building, as long as it's run and approved by me. This can include races, classes, creatures, game mechanics, etc. as long as you don't use them to be OP and torment other players. If you want your character's avatar to be an orc farmer, kobold scientist, grung carpenter, etc. you can go for it. The race and class can be entirely made up. You can also make up places where your character has been in the MMORPG and how that influences them.
This is intended to be a side project to run alongside my passion project RP (always accepting!) to chill with. I will not be as active here as I will there. How active I am will range on my mood but a DM is not needed for the RP to resume since it'll be entirely character driven. Important Note: I wanted to get the Interest Check out early to gauge people's interest, but I do not intend on starting the RP until at least after New Years. Things like the Discord and CS will come eventually so please be patient. Probably after the holidays too.

Now finally, the conceptSet in our world slightly in the future, technological advances now make it possible for people in comas to interact with virtual reality. It's become a standard for anyone in a coma to have the choice to experience an open world MMORPG made for them. Our characters are aware of the fact that they're in a coma and will try to make the best of their lives here. However they will also have the option to take a 'nap', temporarily slipping out of the virtual world or 'move on' and shut off their game forever with the slight hope they'll one day wake up in the real world. This will give an excuse to players being able to disappear whenever desired. The MMORPG itself is programmed to not only be engaging but to replicate the human experience so that residents don't have to feel like robots. They will have basic human needs like hunger and hygiene and extra possible needs based on what race they picked for their avatar. This can be blood for vampires, mana for magic races, charging for robots, etc. All their senses work as well too so your character and you can be fully immersed in the experience. Just remember there are only humans in the RP's real world.
-
Specific Setting: The RP is set in an English speaking beginner's hub run by a 1k player guild called the Level 10's. These players are all here fulfilling different town duties, normal town rp roles like cook, blacksmith, etc.. To stay in the guild they must give their experience points away to the town guards to stay at a level 10 or less. They will be pretty weak, and this includes NPC companions, pets or monster tames they may have too. We live in a multi-biome town intended to be a tutorial zone or a place for experienced players/tourists to test their builds(not our characters). This will give us the excuse to have things like a desert dwelling tortle next to a deep ocean crabperson. Our characters can also do things like develop irl skills, languages, and more in hopes for the day they awake in the real world. They can even attend high education or mental help facilities, run by qualified professionals.
-
Specific Specific Setting: The level 10's have a rank system based on various factors like how hard someone has worked or how well they're trusted by the community. We are Silver Rank. This means our characters have been in the town for a while and may even be running a business. They will have their own personal dedicated street called the Silver Street, which includes things like Inns, Parks, etc. You can add to this street as you please if your character owns a business there. Silver street has the designated gathering zones for our characters.
Even though I wrote this to help, it's important for everyone to still give their characters reason to interact with others.

There can be more than one player in a specific role and everyone can make up a role to fit the small town vibe of the RP. Want to RP a specific escapist fantasy you have as a Neko Frankenstein marine biologist? Go for it. There can be twelve of them and that's alright with me. Creativity is 100% encouraged as long as you stay in the bounds of RPN rules and I gave you the go ahead. I have the right to ask you to change things if certain things make people uncomfortable.
(These are just ideas for roles that don't need to be picked. You can come up with your own)
Farmer
Botanist
Fisherman
Fashionista
Archaeologist
Jeweller
Rancher
Cafe Owner
Waitress
Librarian
Journalist
Veterinarian
Teacher
Doctor
Musician
Beekeper
Artist
Tailor
Baker
Carpenter
Scientist

Our characters can be:
-A comatose human.
This expansive MMORPG has existed for 5 years, so your character can have been included for that long or less. Your character can get emotionally overwhelmed or tired and take a nap from the game at any time to accommodate our irl posting.
-A fully conscious human who's been given a ticket. Tickets to the headsets are hard to get for those conscious in the real world. You are either a qualified professional like an educator, therapist, or a person closely related to a comatose person. Your character can 'get busy' with something in the real world and have to log off to accommodate our irl posting.
-An NPC. They only exist in the MMORPG and may have developed emotions, personal motivations and memories through their time here. They get can have glitches or lag to accommodate our irl posting.

Notes: This has gone through many drafts and many small town ideas with gimmicks that came and went. Mermaid, cultist, mlp, snow, jungle, and many more. Even one that included little mushroom people! My indecisiveness only grew until a friend of mine, 606 gave me the advice of merging them all together and this is the result I've come up with, something that allows creative freedom for everyone involved. I wouldn't have come up with this without them and my other two friends Nugget and Rusty to bounce ideas off of!

Rules not mentioned above
Dark themes allowed sparingly. I do like to keep the possibility of darker backstories for players, but please keep in mind I want 70% of this RP to be light hearted and don't go too far. This rp is designed to be escapist.
2. Everyone can use Chatgpt for ideas and rough drafts, but no copy pasting chatgpt. We understand some people are too busy for RP, so we'll be relaxed as long as posts aren't downright alien to your character and fit in the context.
3. Swearing, smoking, alcohol, and fantasy drugs are fine. But this RP won't be Breaking Bad so please avoid having that stuff take the forefront and don't give any advice or encourage illegal/unhealthy activities. Keep in mind there's no irl drugs and you'd have to make up your own like Glow Ash or Pufferfish Brew. Cigarettes don't exist but pipes and cigars do. Your characters will be able to feel the same effects as irl and may have gameplay consequences like debuffs.
4. Ask for ooc consent before your character pvps with another. Characters are absolutely allowed to engage in juicy arguments and drama but ask before your character gets physically violent in any form.
5. Don't engage in romantic or flirty rp without someone's character without their ooc and ic consent.
More rules may be added.
7. You can take up to two characters or leave your characters for new ones at any point in the plot, and their introduction will be that they just reached silver rank in the guild. For this reason this RP will always be open as well.
8:
(NEW RULE) I'll allow people to have abilities, have pets or tames, etc. that are prone to being too strong as long as we all mutually understand not to use the "prone to being too strong" part. Godmodding with or without approved concepts is not tolerated. When it comes to abilities that can be used against other players, as long as other rules are followed and everyone's having a good time that is a-ok. Understand that things may be adjusted when it comes to abilities, as it would be hard to find a way to balance everyone at the very start when I also want to wish for creative freedom.

Players so far
Charles Cheese Charles Cheese I haven't decided on character yet but I think I'm going to go for an aquatic humanoid species who's looking to start a band.

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Apothecary Owner Skyborn.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Sage/Archivist
Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Robot Cafe Owner
IDKnuggets IDKnuggets Starborne Bassist
DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Apothecary/Baker/Scientist
ForgetTomorroow ForgetTomorroow Ranch Owner | Riding Instructor of pegasi and Ceffyl DΕ΅r.
II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II Ghost train instructor, former bandit.

Kveykva Kveykva Musician or Animal Tamer
CommanderNecro CommanderNecro Aquatic Fisherman/Hunter. Possible merperson or lobster creature
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Robotic Unicorn candle seller with a side hustle

CS | RP | OOC and Approved Concepts | Worldbuilding Index

Last edited:
Count me in! I'm 27 ^^ No idea what character I'll be playing yet but I'll browse around Pinterest for ideas.

Tentative idea but I just remembered I have a face-claim saved that I have been wanting to use so I think for now I might do a character with angel wings, maybe one that runs an apothecary?

Tentative idea but I just remembered I have a face-claim saved that I have been wanting to use so I think for now I might do a character with angel wings, maybe one that runs an apothecary?

Ooh! Sounds very lovely, I'll update the list. :bishiesparklesl:
I think I'm going to go with the name Sylphs to refer to characters with feathers. What name would you like for this particular variant with wings on the back? I have a pitch for the name Skyborn! It's up to you though! ^-^
You can also make them an angel if you wish, they wouldn't have any direct relations with religion outside of the MMORPG but they could have natural holy abilities like healing! It would be weak spells because of the level though. These are just suggestions and the creature building is up to each individual person 😁
This sounds very cute and fun. Like an expanded farming sim.
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I intended and I'm glad it came across that way. I'm sort of a huge modded Stardew Valley nerd πŸ˜…

Ooh! Sounds very lovely, I'll update the list. :bishiesparklesl:
I think I'm going to go with the name Sylphs to refer to characters with feathers. What name would you like for this particular variant with wings on the back? I have a pitch for the name Skyborn! It's up to you though! ^-^
You can also make them an angel if you wish, they wouldn't have any direct relations with religion outside of the MMORPG but they could have natural holy abilities like healing! It would be weak spells because of the level though. These are just suggestions and the creature building is up to each individual person 😁

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I intended and I'm glad it came across that way. I'm sort of a huge modded Stardew Valley nerd πŸ˜…
Skyborn sounds really cool! I’m fine with that name for the species ^^

I really love this idea! I’m 27 btw

I was hoping to play sort of a Sage/Archivist character, would that be possible?

I really love this idea! I’m 27 btw

I was hoping to play sort of a Sage/Archivist character, would that be possible?
Absolutely! And tysm! What kind of magic or spells were you thinking that they'd know? No pressure if you don't have an answer right away, there's plenty of time before the RP starts! It's only if you want me to include it under the player list.

When I get the chance to make the discord I'll create channels for magic and species talk. ^-^
Also I forgot to mention this, everyone can change their role/class/species however many you times you'd like before you make an intro post so there's no worry about sticking to a certain idea you had. (If I mess it up in the player section let me know, I have a habit of doing that lol)

Absolutely! And tysm! What kind of magic or spells were you thinking that they'd know? No pressure if you don't have an answer right away, there's plenty of time before the RP starts! It's only if you want me to include it under the player list.
I’m not exactly sure yet, but I’m probably going to do a mix of different magic schools.

Hello! I am Evie, 28 and I’d love to go to the rancher’s position in some type of pet shop or offer riding lessons dependingβ€” this idea is super btw and love the lighthearted themes.

This seems interesting count me in! I'm 19 years old

Currently deciding on character ideas I'll likely be going with a character that's both a botanist and baker or a botanist and scientist

Last edited:
You can count me in Char, I think I'll make a starborne bandmate for your character! Bassist probably :3

I'm 22 years old ^^

Hello! I am Evie, 28 and I’d love to go to the rancher’s position in some type of pet shop or offer riding lessons dependingβ€” this idea is super btw and love the lighthearted themes.
Awww that's so sweet, thank you! I love that idea! What kind of animals would you like to go for? You can go for Fantasy creatures too like for an example Pegasi if you wanted or even make up your own!
This seems interesting count me in! I'm 19 years old

Currently deciding on character ideas I'll likely be going with a character that's both a botanist and baker or a botanist and scientist
Oooooo both sound really neat! I know a lot of flowers that get used in baking like Wisteria! And if you think about it, baking is technically a science too. ^-^ I probably just made the decision process harder lol.

This seems intresting count me in!
Wonderful! I'll need your age and possibly what character idea you have if you want me to put it up!

You can count me in Char, I think I'll make a starborne bandmate for your character! Bassist probably :3

I'm 22 years old ^^
Hell yes. I had a feeling you'd go for starborne. I was tempted to go for it too. Excited to see how you interpret the species!
I'm thinking of making my character the future vocalist. Possibly some kind of town craftsman as his role, I haven't decided on what yet.

I'll add all of you once I get the opportunity to go on my desktop tonight! Currently only have my phone rn

Awww that's so sweet, thank you! I love that idea! What kind of animals would you like to go for? You can go for Fantasy creatures too like for an example Pegasi if you wanted or even make up your own!

Oooooo both sound really neat! I know a lot of flowers that get used in baking like Wisteria! And if you think about it, baking is technically a science too. ^-^ I probably just made the decision process harder lol.

Wonderful! I'll need your age and possibly what character idea you have if you want me to put it up!

Hell yes. I had a feeling you'd go for starborne. I was tempted to go for it too. Excited to see how you interpret the species!
I'm thinking of making my character the future vocalist. Possibly some kind of town craftsman as his role, I haven't decided on what yet.

I'll add all of you once I get the opportunity to go on my desktop tonight! Currently only have my phone rn
I'd just turned 22,

I wanna try playing a Robot Cafe owner

I got a chance to add all of you in! Lmk if I got any information wrong or you'd like to change it. Discord should be up in a couple days depending ^-^

I'd just turned 22,

I wanna try playing a Robot Cafe owner
Very aesthetic! A heads up, I imagined that the MMORPG's technology would be fueled by 99% magic since it's the most efficient ingame power source, so most automaton races would be powered by mana and have slightly rustic or magical appearances.
But I do have the idea that Standard electricity is an option in case the playerbase wanted to make super realistic builds, just not as popular since it's more difficult and requires irl skill. So if a magic powered robot doesn't work for you, your robot can be a rare electrical one! Just keep in mind batteries would be a little expensive unless they make it themselves ^v^

I got a chance to add all of you in! Lmk if I got any information wrong or you'd like to change it. Discord should be up in a couple days depending ^-^

Very aesthetic! A heads up, I imagined that the MMORPG's technology would be fueled by 99% magic since it's the most efficient ingame power source, so most automaton races would be powered by mana and have slightly rustic or magical appearances.
But I do have the idea that Standard electricity is an option in case the playerbase wanted to make super realistic builds, just not as popular since it's more difficult and requires irl skill. So if a magic powered robot doesn't work for you, your robot can be a rare electrical one! Just keep in mind batteries would be a little expensive unless they make it themselves ^v^
okie, my oc would be powered by Mana, Mind if i add a side job of being Dancer?

You didn't get anything wrong though I have decided on a character concept. Which is having my character be a witch that's apothecary/botanist/ and baker if I'm allowed

Oh my I am deff interested. Idk abt my character idea right now. im gonna have to look for a few ideas. oh yeah im 18 btw. Thinking aquatic fisherman/hunter though. Maybe some kind of merperson or a lobster creature.

Last edited:
a wee mark for my interest, but i won't be active probably until after the first week of january.

i am 21+ and for a character, i'm considering some kind of animal tamer or musician character

You didn't get anything wrong though I have decided on a character concept. Which is having my character be a witch that's apothecary/botanist/ and baker if I'm allowed
Ooooo another potential apothecary

Absolutely! The dynamic of two apothecaries is going to be very interesting, I'm excited to see how they're both flavored!
Oh my I am deff interested. Idk abt my character idea right now. im gonna have to look for a few ideas. oh yeah im 18 btw. Thinking aquatic fisherman/hunter though. Maybe some kind of merperson or a lobster creature.
YES! I love aquatic species :3 I used to have a childhood oc with lobster claws for her hands m, and she was ironically a fried seafood chef of all things.
a wee mark for my interest, but i won't be active probably until after the first week of january.

i am 21+ and for a character, i'm considering some kind of animal tamer or musician character
No worries at all! Like stated on the ic, this rp is made to be accommodating to anyone who wants to join or have a break at any time! Someone could join saying they won't be able to make their intro post for half a year and that's completely a-ok. ^-^ I'll probably be somewhat sporadic myself too at times
Putting you all down in the post~! Thank you for your interest!

I'm interested as well. 25 currently, and I think I'll run my character Christine: A bandit turned ghost who has body image issues and a short temper. As for abilities:

-She can only be seen by those who've directly suffered from her actions. How long those who've suffered see her depends on the severity of the harm caused, whether it be mental or physical. However, this also tends to make a lot of enemies, so she tends to avoid it all together or leave no witnesses. Her very existence alongside her actions also influence the world around her, so anyone can notice her presence should they be privy enough.
-She cannot physically interact with the living but can interact with objects not being held or worn by the living, and anything she's holding or wearing can't be seen or touched by the living either. However, this also has the downside of her being unable to phase through walls, doors, floors, or any other structure or environmental feature, leaving her vulnerable to becoming trapped should she be too careless. This doesn't stop her from being able to break windows or other flimsy barriers though.
-Although she can still die her spirit will eventually come back. How long her spirit stays dead depends on the injury inflicted, with a gunshot to the head or chest able to keep her down for a day at most. Holy water, praying, exorcisms, or other religious ceremonies are much more effective and last much longer, with the longest lasting being over 5 centuries. Every time she dies, her spirit will reappear within her former bodies coffin. While this normally isn't an issue, it is a crucial weakness should anyone ever find out about it.

Hopefully all three of these abilities are fine with you, seeing as how they are the most prone to being too strong. If not, I have other character ideas I can use that would also work for this thread.

oo pegasus is something I aim to explore alongside Ceffyl DΕ΅r, some water horses which could probably be used in river crossings/assisting merchants across large lakes! A little flavour expands the ranch's use, but thank you so much for the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back