• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Otome Fun!!

RaynieTaco

Hello! My name is RaynieTaco, but you can call me Raynie, Taco, or simply Andy if you like.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a busy, busy taco. I work full time, I have some DnD commitments, and of course other things that keep me off and on. That is probably the biggest set back with roleplaying with me. That and crazy big personality. I love romance and that is why I want to do this idea.

So what is my idea? Glad I asked. Have you ever played an Otome game? "An otome game (乙女ゲーム, otome gēmu, literally "maiden game"), sometimes contracted to otoge, is a story-based video game that is targeted towards women. Generally one of the goals, besides the main plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male (or female) characters. This genre is most established in Japan, and is mostly made up of visual novels and simulation games; particularly dating sims and life simulation games." - Wiki

So what does this have to do with my roleplay? I really want to do an Otome style roleplay where I will develop the world and characters for you to put your character in. There will be 7-10 different potential people who you can date (which I will make clear early on). You will go through the "game" getting information about the people, going on dates, and trying to win their hearts (and they will try to win yours as well) PLUS! there will be other things keeping the plot moving forward with cute scenes and adventure, mystery, and so forth.

I am not sure which game plot I want to move forward with. I had a few ideas- so I will list them there.
  1. 7 deadly sins- You get sucked into a world of demons and angels. In this plot, you will be apart of an exchange program that allows 2 humans and 2 angels to go to hell in order to ease relations between the three. You will live in dormitories, being watched by demons, as you go on diplomatic and educational missions.
  2. School-bound- Slice of life school plot- please straight-froward but still lots of fun.
  3. Office- You work at an office in modern times. This is similar to the school one just in an office setting. Still pretty realistic but super fun!
  4. Fuedal era- This will take place in the land of samurai and honor. I will have more here- I just have some cool character ideas.
  5. Arcana fandom- If you don't know this game- a quick run-through is it is about a "family" (only connected by their oath to the cards) that made a pact with tarot cards and gain abilities from it. They enter a tournament to win the daughter of the leader's hand in marriage and gain the title of "The World" and the leader of the family. It is based on that but with new characters! It is super fun!
  6. Princess Debut- This is medieval times and you are a princess of a high ranking society. It is time to be married- and your father has arranged the marriage to happen. You have 1 full summer to get to know your future husband. All the while, war looms in the background and there is a chance of an assassination around every corner.
  7. Monsters- You are a monster attending a school with other monsters. Okay- just like the school plot but with MONSTERS!! :D
There could be more. Idk. I have stuff rattling around. But before I dive into one- I want to know which one has the most interest. And if more than one person has an interest in that plot- and I do it, you could make a character too. It will all just the same men and settings. Your character will change things based on how they interact with characters. If that makes sense, I am so glad. I am just vomiting up this idea I so desperately want to do.

ANYWAYS- if you are interested, here is what you do. Just comment in this thread - interested - and fill out the information below.
  • Name you preferred to be called by in OOC
  • The plot you are most interested in (you can pick a few but try to narrow it down to your favorite)
  • If you want your character to be a male or female (I made this mostly for female characters but we can change things around)
  • If you want same-sex options in your dating pool (there will be a set number of potential daters)
  • On a scale of 1-5 - how interested in this are you.
Also- this is anime face claims only, so sorry!!

I have one for 7 deadly sins plot! I will be working on developing those characters. Keep an eye out for them.

Hi there. I'm definitely interested. I don't really have a preferred name, so you can call me MC, Player, or any variation of my username. I'm most interested in the slice of life plot. For my character's gender I was hoping to play a transgirl or a non-binary character, if that's an option. If not, I'll probably play male. And in the case of my character being a male I'd like same sex options, though I guess in the other cases there isn't really a binary so I suppose I'm more interested in male options there too? In terms of my interest I'll definitely say 5.

Before anything else, I want to say you are a complete gem because these games are my life

Hallo! I'm Gen, or Genork - whichever! Of course I like the 7 Deadly Sins one (because who doesn't), but I also really like the Princess Debut idea!! I'd prefer to play a female character mehehehe and I'm not much for same sex options (I'd end up adopting them as my sister uwu ). Wh-what's this? A scale of interest? The easy answer: 1...thousand.

I just got home from work so I will send you both a pm very very soon!! Please be patient!!!

For now, I will say this is closed. Still, show interest if you all want- but I will not be accepting anymore as of now.

For now, I will say this is closed. Still, show interest if you all want- but I will not be accepting anymore as of now.
Aww I'm really interested in the Arcana one, let me know if this ever opens again!

I prefer to be called Mia and mostly play as a female, but a male character would be fine as well. I'm fine with anything on the characters of your side - make them however you wish.
Forgot to mention that I have only watched the anime and haven't had the chance to play the game yet - but I'm familiar with the concept at least.

Last edited:
I do love me a good otome game (mainly the free ones because I'm cheap) from time to time ^^ If you ever feel up for it again, please add me to the waiting list for this xD

You can call me Mira, or Autumn, I really don't mind, and I'm most interested in either the Princess Debut or the Monsters plot ^^ If you're not feeling either of those, I'm down to try out your other ideas as I like them all. I would like to play a female character and would prefer only male suitors in her dating pool. I love interesting roleplay stuff like this so definitely a 5 in terms of my interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back