• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Operation Guardian Angel

NachoGod

The Omnitopped Nachos.
Just towards the end of WW2 a group of clandestine organizations within governments around the globe responded to a threat that would remain hidden from the public for decades to come. An alien ship of large proportion had come down and submerged itself in the Pacific ocean. Initial attempts to investigate this craft ended in disasters wrapped in coverups, but eventually a combination of the United States, British, And even Russian military assets managed to destroy this craft and each would take a piece of it for themselves.

Shortly thereafter Each of them would launch programs attempting to harness the technology and materials extracted from the vessel which would result in the Space race and a far Hotter version of the cold war involving all of these nations. Eventually the United States would emerge as the victor of this hidden conflict though each side would lose most of the assets they had gained in the process. Yet it wouldn’t end their programs and the three would continue engaging in shadowy operations against each other for years to come.

Among these Assets was a soldier codenamed Styker, he would retire to a small house in the Rocky Mountains In Colorado. Yet in the year 2014 he would be called back in to oversee the UN’s latest project. Operation- Guardian Angel. A project designed to tackle the growing global threat presented by a mutagenic substance emanating from the wreckage of the alien craft. Though the sea around the crash site had been carefully monitored, the effects would spread to wildlife and eventually fall into the hands of cult-like terrorist cells.

This mutagen dubbed Neo-Genesis would change those exposed be they Human, Flora or Fauna. The mutations would be similar in the sense that they pushed the mutated species to be more violent and aggressive especially towards humans. Governments around the world would cover this up as per usual blaming it on chemical weapons and creating an environment of fear around them. Thus the world began to hate and fear those who suffered from its effects.

Operation- Guardian Angel was created in a response to all signs pointing to the Impossibility of Neo-Genesis continuing to being covered up or contained. As such in an effort to change public view they would gather several human “volunteers” who had been mutated by Neo-Genesis and work to hone them into the worlds defense against the growing threat. This was made possible through the creation of ‘Serenity’ a drug that was difficult to produce and limited in supply, but one that could remove the extra aggressive effects of Neo-Genesis. After ten years of recruitment, Training, and equipment the “Guardian Angels” are ready to be deployed. With no time to waste they begin to engage the threat which at this point has taken nearly a third of the world. Wether or not they succeed, determines wether or not disclosure on the events leading up to this will ever occur, and with disclosure the ability to remove the stigma of the mutated, and perhaps let the world work together towards a better solution.
~~~
(Ok folks, so if this word salad above is too zigzagging no worries here ill help walk you through it and let you know where you the player come in.

First and foremost, you will be playing the role of a “Guardian Angel” Essentially a person who was mutated by the Neo-Genesis chemical, then given the drug Serenity, and finally trained and equipped with the end goal being fighting Mutants to save lives and change the public view of the mutants as a whole. I may open up rolls for higher ups such as the project director, or agents that work with the angels.

Secondly, Governments are well known for being stupid and this is a prime example. The stigma around the mutated was completely by the the UN governments design, and now realizing that the whole world might become mutated they have no choice but to change public perception of it.

Thirdly, Neo-Genesis is Alien in nature, however that is kept underwraps. The scientists who are in the know have theories that this mutagen might have been released as a method of post mortem revenge against mankind once the aliens realized they were going to be killed.

Finally, all powers must be explainable by Pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo. Magic is not a thing here, no alternate universes or anything that would make you a threat to humanity by yourself. The powers are impressive but not quite superhero level. That said any equipment the “Angel” uses will be tailor made to benefit their abilities or cover their weaknesses.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, this is an old comic idea i had a long time ago and am working to rework it into a functional RP. Your questions actually help me to flesh out the details a bit more so let me know.

There will be a-lot more intel in the lore. >

Yep, this is appealing to my ADHD- I'd like to join and I have a few ideas:
1. The Neo Genesis was more of a scorched-earth tactic, to kill the humans as they tried to take the technology, but it either didn't exactly work immediately or didn't exactly start affecting them until it adapted more.
2. The substance in question could be explained due to the alien ship being a research vessel before it crashed on Earth due to internal sabotage or finding that they couldn't contain it?

Yep, this is appealing to my ADHD- I'd like to join and I have a few ideas:
1. The Neo Genesis was more of a scorched-earth tactic, to kill the humans as they tried to take the technology, but it either didn't exactly work immediately or didn't exactly start affecting them until it adapted more.
2. The substance in question could be explained due to the alien ship being a research vessel before it crashed on Earth due to internal sabotage or finding that they couldn't contain it?
Excellent glad to have you.

1. This is already in the story, i just used the term post mortem revenge. Same idea.

2. The alien vessel did not crash she landed in the ocean but yes the substance came from their destroyed vessel. Which was not militant in nature.

Seems we are already of similar minds.

Last edited:

Here is the lore page for those interested. It’s definitely wordy but im looking up pictures to go with it as we speak.

We are almost ready for character creation.

We have slots open for

Guardian Angels- 6x (the mutated/super-powered individuals who have undergone the training and Serenity treatment.)

Clandestine Agents- 6x (The top secret agents from the cold war, augmented with alien technology, and tasked with overseeing the angels.)

Given the context of this story. I will request that all characters be Adults. Also the RP will be Semi-Literate with posting limits being a minimum of a paragraph per post. Frequency of post is not currently specified but im leaning towards at least once a week.

I am open to any and all suggestions for plotting, missions, and will help where i can with any questions or ability sets. Character limits are set at 2 characters per player, And no doubling up on roles, So 1 agent and 1 Angel tops.

Here is the lore page for those interested. It’s definitely wordy but im looking up pictures to go with it as we speak.

We are almost ready for character creation.

We have slots open for

Guardian Angels- 6x (the mutated/super-powered individuals who have undergone the training and Serenity treatment.)

Clandestine Agents- 6x (The top secret agents from the cold war, augmented with alien technology, and tasked with overseeing the angels.)

Given the context of this story. I will request that all characters be Adults. Also the RP will be Semi-Literate with posting limits being a minimum of a paragraph per post. Frequency of post is not currently specified but im leaning towards at least once a week.

I am open to any and all suggestions for plotting, missions, and will help where i can with any questions or ability sets. Character limits are set at 2 characters per player, And no doubling up on roles, So 1 agent and 1 Angel tops.
I am interested , I will read the lore page soon. Angel role, what is involved, I noticed some rps here are pretty involved, I’m a decent para rper but need to know if I fit your requirements

I am interested , I will read the lore page soon. Angel role, what is involved, I noticed some rps here are pretty involved, I’m a decent para rper but need to know if I fit your requirements
Ive still to to crank out the CS page before we get started but should be fine.

I would absolutely love to be apart of this! I already have the character in mind that would fit the era and premise perfectly. I have been itching to run Dr. Jethro Chariot for the longest time hah

Back in the day we didn’t use much, we jumped in and went at it. In those old yahoo aol chats. The good ole days
Ah yes the good old days, i remember times like that myself. However i have found that the Cs method tends to weed out alot of the folks who would otherwise gum up the works. It also makes it easier to mitigate things like god modding and other aspects that ruin the experience for others. Don’t worry i wont be needing a novel or anything.

I would absolutely love to be apart of this! I already have the character in mind that would fit the era and premise perfectly. I have been itching to run Dr. Jethro Chariot for the longest time hah
Excellent, ill be looking forward to seeing them in action. Ill have the CS up tomorrow afternoonish. (CST)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back