• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Open Skies - Space Western RP (Extra Roles Still Available)

Oh my god, that sounds hilarious. I can imagine my character working on repairs, reaching out for a nice refreshing drink, only to spit it out in angry realization.

I’m gonna go with a sassy, to-the-point lady who loves roasting and roughing up everyone around her:

655EC465-D0D9-418A-B839-EC7E3BF8CDCB.gif
(Props to anyone who recognizes where this is from..)

I’m leaning hard western for my character. Old-fashioned style ex-lawman in a futuristic society. A man out of time basically. Anger issues, and a sardonic wit.

Oh hey I wanted to ask, do you have more info on the setting, lore etc? I could use some to write a plausible background. :) anything is fine!

Oh wow, I wasn't getting notifications until you tagged me, thank you for doing so.

I'm not all that picky for roles in all honesty. Any suggestions on what you need filled right now Sizniche Sizniche ?

Oh hey I wanted to ask, do you have more info on the setting, lore etc? I could use some to write a plausible background. :) anything is fine!
I have a rough idea, but it needs ironing out, so here's the Cliff's Notes.

The largest human government by far, and the only one that matters, is the United Orion Systems. (There are smaller weak governments on the fringes, but it would be more realistic to call them tribes and factions, as all of their citizens are technically still legal citizens of UOS.) The UOS controls a large swathe of what we know as the Orion Spur, and believes itself to be the rightful heir to the entire Milky Way. Problem is, there is no FTL communication; every transfer of information over a distance of more than one light-week is done by the Scout Express (think the Pony Express, but it uses tiny little spaceships dedicated purely to weight-to-power ratio and warp efficiency.) This means that in order to find out what is going on in an uncharted region of space, someone has to go there and come back. So, to avoid unnecessary casualties due to expanding too fast, the United Orion Systems have begun their several-thousand year plan to slowly spread out across the Milky Way, one planet at a time. As part of maintaining their colonial efforts, "in" the UOS, there are four designations of space.

In the middle, the Homeworld Cluster is the 15 lightyear radius area around Earth with a dense military presence to protect government officials and virtually no piracy; all laws are in full effect here, and it is easily the most prosperous place in all of the UOS. It's said that you can tell you're in the Homeworld Cluster when you're always within radio distance of a government vessel, and while this is an old wives' tale, it does well to demonstrate the kind of presence there is near Earth. This is by far the most densely populated part of the UOS, to the point where Earth now has cities with populations at or approaching a billion people, thanks to the resources the expansion has given them. Think a busy city where everything is so close together that the police basically just have to walk down the block to stop a crime.

Outside of that for quite a while is Official Territory, land that has been safely settled for quite a while, and UOS has the resources to patrol properly. All laws are in effect here as well, and while piracy does happen, it's rare to ever see them within a lightyear of a civilized planet, and the military patrols the most busy paths between stars. Think a suburb or rural area where not much happens anyway.

Beyond that is the Inner Frontier, which is where things get brutal. While the UOS patrols this area in a desperate attempt to cultivate it into new official territory, it barely has the resources to do so, and so most law and order is maintained by the locals. Piracy is basically a given here, and it's isolated enough for pirates to get away with plundering colonies themselves. This is compounded by the fact that the only people who tend to leave for these areas for reasons other than economic migration are fugitives. Most planets here tend to have less than a hundred thousand people at most, if any at all. Think places like Northern Alaska; basically wide, open, desolate space.

Finally, there is the Outer Frontier, encompassing the rest of the Milky Way, which the UOS claims is within it's borders, even though they have no clue what's out there, they don't patrol out there, and they realistically only inhabit 2% of the galaxy if you're extremely charitable and count the Inner Frontier as part of their official borders. Any colonies out this far are likely to have a population you can count on your fingers and toes, and have no support from the UOS. Travel at your own risk.

Note: If aliens exist, the UOS hasn't found them yet. (aliens are probably out there tho)

What region is the UOSSV Francisco picking up its crew in?
Right in the heart of the Homeworld Cluster, Earth's own Tokyo Light Spaceport. The UOSSV Francisco needs esoteric parts, and since you can buy basically anything on Earth, and Earth usually has the best candidates directly to hand, the captain figured, "eh, why not?"

MAJOR BUMP ACTION:

We’re still in need for people who are ready to be active and motivated! Love Westerns? Love scifi? Interested in mayhaps trying dice? This one’s for you people! :) Planning is currently on Discord, but the RP will take place on RPNation.

Oooo I'm interested, are there any needed roles that have not been signed up for?

Oooo I'm interested, are there any needed roles that have not been signed up for?

Off the top of my head, any of the Engineer roles would be much needed, although I haven’t heard from our security guys either so I’m beginning to assume they’ve left the RP. So, security and Engineer I would say are most important to fill at the present point.

It looks like there's still no chemical engineer, what's that like?

Sizniche Sizniche who is the co-GM might be able to enlighten you on that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back