• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Open Skies - Space Western RP (Extra Roles Still Available)

Hmmmmm. Perhaps the Biological/Bioengineering role... That sounds fun.
got it.

EDIT: Don't got it, i forgot it was a non-required role.

I can already see this is going to be an issue, so i might need to rethink my plan to accomodate what everyone here wants. From the sound of things, the UOSSV Francisco might end up being an exploratory vessel rather than an engineering service vessel, but it'll take some setting tweaking.

Last edited:
While reading through i noticed there wasnt a pilot role, is that a possibility

Last edited:
While reading through i noticed there wasnt a pilot role, is that a possibility
I was planning on having the captain (myself) double as the pilot, as it is supposed to be a relatively small vessel, but considering the crew size, having a separate pilot might actually be a good idea. shall i put you down for that?

Im down to be the second pilot, just means i get time off to be laz- i mean to preform other duties around the ship... yeah... that

Sizniche Sizniche Could you tell me what a Astronautical Engineering and a Electromechanical Engineer role's on the ship, respectively?
The Astronautical Engineer reserve on the ship fulfills the primary duty of the vessel; offer repairs to other vessels in order to make them spaceworthy. This is why they have the highest maximum. They are usually the first to board a ship sending out a distress pulser, along with an armed member of the security team.

The Electromechanical Engineer is there mostly as a roboticist, repairing any automated machinery a ship or settlement may have, but in a pinch they can act as an electrician.

Would you mind explaining what role you envision the physicist playing on a day to day basis, especially if you alter the mission from engineering to exploration? I want to do some research to make it as believable as possible but want to know how it might be applied first.

Would you mind explaining what role you envision the physicist playing on a day to day basis, especially if you alter the mission from engineering to exploration? I want to do some research to make it as believable as possible but want to know how it might be applied first.
The Physicist, as their official work, is to help keep the Warp Drive functional, and aid in repairing other Warp Drives, which is why a Warp Physics specialization is preferred. In their free time, they can do whatever research they specialize in, using the ship's resources and access to near-zero gravity.

So who will be the primary pilot, me or you Sizniche, you being the captain would probably make me main pilot, i think i would handle most everything from maneuvering through asteroid fields, and (while i hope it doesnt happen but probably will) space pirate attacks, and you take over for more general work, if you had something else in mind feel free to tell me

So who will be the primary pilot, me or you Sizniche, you being the captain would probably make me main pilot, i think i would handle most everything from maneuvering through asteroid fields, and (while i hope it doesnt happen but probably will) space pirate attacks, and you take over for more general work, if you had something else in mind feel free to tell me
I guess you would, since the captain would also need to fulfill the role of commander and direct the daily ongoings of the ship.

Okay, everyone, you can reserve a role that isn't at maximum, but once they're gone, they're gone.

Alright, and one more somewhat big question, but are there alien races or just humans

Hm, not sure if I should go for the Astronautical Engineer
I can put you down for security crew, like you originally wanted. with the way things are shaping up, most people will probably have two characters anyway.

I can put you down for security crew, like you originally wanted. with the way things are shaping up, most people will probably have two characters anyway.
Alright, ill do that then. So am i just security or do i need to take both? I'm fine either way.

Alright, ill do that then. So am i just security or do i need to take both? I'm fine either way.
i strongly encourage taking on a second character once the rp is up, but im not going to do reservations for second characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back